AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 24 46.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 42.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 11.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-11-26, 02:41   Link #81
Amarantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post
Somebody refresh my memory. Why did Archer save Shirou in the temple? Rin didn't order him to. Archer's fondest wish should've been to kill his younger self to avoid becoming a hero.
I don't think it's ever explicitly stated (at least not in the VN itself, there's always those side materials). But you can make a guess and say that Archer wants to kill Shirou himself (for if Shirou's killed by someone else there's no chance of a paradox occurring), yet at the same time he also seems to want to first ascertain whether Shirou is really set on going down the same path as him or not, and only then make his move. Otherwise he wouldn't have bothered engaging in combat with Caster and would have just killed Shirou as soon as he got there.
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 12:40   Link #82
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
You, I like you.
Thank you kind sir, I like you too. xD
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 23:00   Link #83
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Thank you kind sir, I like you too. xD
W-wah?! B-Baka! *Rin's iconic tsundere blush*

That said, the next episode should have some stuff alluding to HF and characterization since Shinji and Rider should have new scenes to make up for the missing Fate route.
And since Kuzuki kills Rider with enhancements from Caster (sounds like drugs out of context), would Kuzuki's fists be glowing purple with magic circles on the back of his hands?
#betteranimation #betterediting
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-28, 07:25   Link #84
Kimiko Khan
reality has no meaning

Spoiler for size:
Old 2014-11-28, 23:25   Link #85
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

^Bwahahah, that's brilliant.

A bit late for this, but I admit I was skeptical about this adaptation since we already had an UBW movie out, but boy this has been a great ride thus far.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 01:10   Link #86
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Never judge this series by the Deen Movie.
I swear I got into this argument with this guy trashtalking UBW just because it's not Fate or HF and that he thinks he knows all about UBW using the movie.
And get this, apparently fans in South East Asia are boycotting UBW anime and all fans, even Rin fans are utterly dissatisfied because of "lack of creativity". And it's even on the Type Moon wiki he says.
Just, treat Deen FSN like Tsukihime anime.
They DON'T EXIST.
#betteranimation #betterediting
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 06:35   Link #87
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

That's too silly, seriously. Let them boycott, the hard truth is, the target audience for animes are always Japanese. Not us. They can boycott all they want, they don't matter in the bigger picture.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 19:08   Link #88
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Okkin View Post
Never judge this series by the Deen Movie.
I swear I got into this argument with this guy trashtalking UBW just because it's not Fate or HF and that he thinks he knows all about UBW using the movie.
And get this, apparently fans in South East Asia are boycotting UBW anime and all fans, even Rin fans are utterly dissatisfied because of "lack of creativity". And it's even on the Type Moon wiki he says.
Just, treat Deen FSN like Tsukihime anime.
They DON'T EXIST.
I read the VN a few years ago, so lack of knowledge isn't my issue
As rushed as the movie was, the main plot was there, thus my skepticism about another adaptation because I'd be watching the same story for the third time now and I was afraid that'd keep me from getting interested.

Good thing I was mistaken.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 16:43   Link #89
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I vaguely recall my reading of the VN a while ago and I'm fairly sure Tohsaka is a huge troll, which is how this anime also portrays her.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 17:13   Link #90
Geburah

Both Tohsaka and Shirou are QUITE snarky thats one of the reasons why they have such good chemistry. Archer is simply a Shirou who doesnt bite his own tongue as much.

Dont remember why but Shirou only shows that side of him with Tohsaka, not with Saber or Sakura
Geburah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 17:32   Link #91
GDB

Because Saber is super serious and would either take offense to snark or take it seriously. Sakura he feels protective of, so he wouldn't want to toss any snark her way. He feels Rin can take it, since she dishes it out quite well herself.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 17:46   Link #92
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It's why Tohsaka is one of the few Tsundere-type characters I can deal with. Rather than being an extreme doormat, Shirou acts more like a worthy opponent and bites back.
Old 2014-12-03, 17:52   Link #93
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And beyond that, Shirou's generally just too polite, but Rin's good at bringing that side out to play.
Old 2014-12-03, 18:22   Link #94
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And beyond that, Shirou's generally just too polite, but Rin's good at bringing that side out to play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emiya Shirou
Bye, Shinji
Very polite indeed.
Old 2014-12-04, 07:09   Link #95
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Acknowledging Shinji's existence is more politeness than he deserves.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-04, 07:58   Link #96
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I think Shirou instinctively feels sorry for Shinji, which kinda makes sense if you look at it like that.
Old 2014-12-06, 17:19   Link #97
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Fate/stay night 07 - The Reward for the Fight to the Death

What weighs more heavily to me right after watching this episode is Shiro clashing against Archer over their heated differences at how to settle things with Caster.

Again, Shiro and the audience are reminded of Kiritsugus' words, adding fire in the conflict that tests ethical dilemmas and ideals while raising deep philosophical issues concerning the Holy Grail Wars.
Immediately, I was reminded of Fullmetal Alchemist's philosophy of touka koukan or equivalent exchange.

I'm both frank and honest to post that the issue isn't that Archer truly means it to let sacrificies go on and be serious on the subject. The issue in question is that he'll allow the sacrifices to continue in order not to just end the Holy Grail War but also hoping to save a greater number of humans, which completely slaps Shiro out of his mood.

And, seriously, if Archer holds onto that attitude in order to say and do those things that through naive eyes, such as Shiro's, seem heartless and despotical, then he is neither saying nor doing them lightly; it's the voice of bitter experience, having lost everyone he cared about for naively believing he could save everyone in his past.

To Shiro for what he said and did in this episode Archer is of the worst scum, but Archer said so when the line has to be drawn manifests that he never engages in: senseless slaughter, meaningless violence, and unnecessary fights.

Archer, simply, is doing what it takes to end this banquet of blood and tragedy with the least number of casualties, but Shiro cannot let it pass and have his ideal compromised wanting no more victims.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote