AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-04-07, 21:23   Link #81
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

I have no life and have been browsing the wiki a lot. I just recently read what's available of the Cool, Cute and Passion manga as well. The manga also gave me some insight into relationships between the idols, such as Tamami and Ayame (ninja and kendo/ancient Japanese history girls) seeming to be friendly rivals.

Sometimes even pictures will help me think of potential friendships that could show up in the show, like the fact that Nao, Hina and Yuriko being interested in manga/anime. Nao would be watching anime while Hina is trying to draw her next manga, and Yuriko would read it with a troll face and thinking "there's not enough guys in this".

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
Old 2014-04-07, 21:46   Link #82
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

I found the series by pure accident, and that's after coming across fanart of Anzu.

Everything probably has a wiki dedicated to it these days and that's how I managed to find out more about the Cinderella Girls. In fact, there are a couple of girls I've taken a liking to - Kaede, Akane, Kirari, Ranko, Airi, Rin... just to name a few of them. There's so many to choose from for your favourites anyway and I've barely scratched the surface!
Old 2014-04-07, 21:53   Link #83
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacBeast View Post
I have no life and have been browsing the wiki a lot. I just recently read what's available of the Cool, Cute and Passion manga as well. The manga also gave me some insight into relationships between the idols, such as Tamami and Ayame (ninja and kendo/ancient Japanese history girls) seeming to be friendly rivals.

Sometimes even pictures will help me think of potential friendships that could show up in the show, like the fact that Nao, Hina and Yuriko being interested in manga/anime. Nao would be watching anime while Hina is trying to draw her next manga, and Yuriko would read it with a troll face and thinking "there's not enough guys in this".
Your imagination amazes me in a non-ironic way. Please don't stop. Really, sounds fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
I found the series by pure accident, and that's after coming across fanart of Anzu.

Everything probably has a wiki dedicated to it these days and that's how I managed to find out more about the Cinderella Girls. In fact, there are a couple of girls I've taken a liking to - Kaede, Akane, Kirari, Ranko, Airi, Rin... just to name a few of them. There's so many to choose from for your favourites anyway and I've barely scratched the surface!
Welcome to the CG community, it's fun.

Now that I think about, Anzu is one of the reasons I started showing interest in this. And Kirari.
Old 2014-04-07, 21:59   Link #84
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Welcome to the CG community, it's fun.

Now that I think about, Anzu is one of the reasons I started showing interest in this. And Kirari.
Yeah, probably been lurking around the CG community for at least the last two or three years to be honest, and funnily enough one of the girls who caught my notice immediately was Kirari. The juxtaposition of her height (!) and her actual personality seemed odd for me (in a good way), but there definitely was a charm about her craziness and carefree vibe.

Definitely a fun series with a colourful cast, and I'm looking forward to being a part of the community for a long time to come.
Old 2014-04-07, 22:08   Link #85
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Reading the manga also helped me gain appreciation for girls that I weren't that interested in before like the cat girl Miku. I thought to myself "a girl who like to dress up like a cat as her only trait? How boring!", but seeing her being a butt-monkey in situations with the other girls made me laugh. Momoka: "For starters you could stop saying that tiresome "nya" all the time."

She has to pay 100 yen each time she says "nya" and quickly runs out of money. After going in circles it ends up with:
Miku: "We'll definitely become top idols together! Miku's going to make sure of that! Alright, since we're going to become top idols together, Miku still wants to become even more charming! Any good ideas, nya?"
Momka: "To start off, if you could drop that verbal tic-"
Miku: "Enough of that already, nya!"

Her infectious energy also helped me warm up to her. It's also pretty funny how she doesn't like fish (forgot which chapter that was in).

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
Old 2014-04-07, 22:14   Link #86
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
Yeah, probably been lurking around the CG community for at least the last two or three years to be honest, and funnily enough one of the girls who caught my notice immediately was Kirari. The juxtaposition of her height (!) and her actual personality seemed odd for me (in a good way), but there definitely was a charm about her craziness and carefree vibe.

Definitely a fun series with a colourful cast, and I'm looking forward to being a part of the community for a long time to come.
Good, I can see Kirari coming off as obnoxious for some people, glad to see you appreciate it. Personally, though, I liked her more because of how well she works together with Anzu and the massive contrast between them. Like ZodiacBeast just said, some girls only shine when put together with others (Both Kirari and Anzu can stand well enough on their own, but they're at their best together). This is also why I like Rika and Mika so much.
Old 2014-04-07, 22:18   Link #87
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Your imagination amazes me in a non-ironic way. Please don't stop.
Meh, I'm just going by what I find on the internet.

Although, wouldn't it be cool to see Akiha and Aki fighting with machines and military equipment? Aki's collection is supposed to just be replicas, but you never know. Aki also plays war games, so it would be funny to see her outwit people like Ayame. Natalia traveled with an arms dealer and possesses bodyguard abilities, so add her to the mix for even more fun (and cuteness)!

Seeing Fuka write stories based on the craziness going on around her would be pretty interesting too. Bonus points for Nono hiding under the desk Fuka's writing on.

Quote:
Good, I can see Kirari coming off as obnoxious for some people, glad to see you appreciate it. Personally, though, I liked her more because of how well she works together with Anzu and the massive contrast between them. Like ZodiacBeast just said, some girls only shine when put together with others (Both Kirari and Anzu can stand well enough on their own, but they're at their best together). This is also why I like Rika and Mika so much.
I love both Kirari and Anzu by themselves, but they're definitely better together.

BTW, I usually go by the girls I'm most interesting in or want to appear. It's only when I encounter them in manga/fan works/whatever that I focus on any of the other girls. That's mostly because they're not that interesting or don't have any properly defined traits.

Last edited by ZodiacBeast; 2014-04-07 at 22:32.
Old 2014-04-07, 22:32   Link #88
Requiem-x
The slacking one

The more I hear about this, the more I want the anime to be pure crazy antics, again, like Azusa's episode.
Old 2014-04-07, 22:46   Link #89
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
The more I hear about this, the more I want the anime to be pure crazy antics, again, like Azusa's episode.
Putting together all the characteristics of only the idols that are mostly likely to appear would make one turn their head and say "...what?" Maybe some stronger words if you're so inclined. Add in most of the remaining idols and there are no words.

Well, I'm thinking mostly of girls like Ranko, Koume, Mayu and Syoko. Other girls usually just have a normal gimmick or some extraordinary skill (ninjas, anyone?).

Old 2014-04-07, 23:07   Link #90
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Putting together all the characteristics of only the idols that are mostly likely to appear would make one turn their head and say "...what?" Maybe some stronger words if you're so inclined. Add in most of the remaining idols and there are no words.

Well, I'm thinking mostly of girls like Ranko, Koume, Mayu and Syoko. Other girls usually just have a normal gimmick or some extraordinary skill (ninjas, anyone?).
Well, sometimes combining ordinary girls with crazy ones gives excellent results. You know, you need a straightman sometimes, and downplaying the insanity a bit stops it from getting stale.
Old 2014-04-07, 23:18   Link #91
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Well, sometimes combining ordinary girls with crazy ones gives excellent results. You know, you need a straightman sometimes, and downplaying the insanity a bit stops it from getting stale.
Definitely. I love girls like Nao who are both the straightman and have a quirk that shows that they can be just as goofy as anybody else (or at least potentially, I haven't seen her "act crazy" yet). Apparently Rin is like that too but I've only encountered straightman Rin so far.

I also like it when characters like Ranko act more like the young girls that they are. The chapter where she's getting questioned by Rin and Chiaki about how to make her more marketable was pretty heartwarming. Shiori actually understanding what Ranko says was pretty funny too.

Seeing Ranko and Yoriko become friends was nice.

Old 2014-04-08, 04:08   Link #92
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Old 2014-04-08, 08:35   Link #93
outlaw97

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw97 View Post
First off, wow, I am surprised this thread exploded since the time I posted on Sunday - I'll try to keep the top post updated?

Also, related to my surprise, how is everybody here familiar with Cinderella Girls? The original Idolmaster series is relatively accessible, between games being available on console and an anime series. Accessibility for Cinderella Girls is a lot harder, since Mobage is limited to Japanese smartphones. Does everyone just read the wiki?

Here's some follow-up info, regarding a few more CDs to be released at the end of the month. I see Shouko Hoshi's cover has already been posted here (LOL drastic change in personality, possibly linked to the hobby of mushrooms).
Derp, forgot to post the actual link on the CD info:

http://sgcafe.com/2014/04/idolmster-...gles-april-30/
Old 2014-04-08, 12:07   Link #94
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

You can read the halfway results from the current popularity poll in a post here: http://forum.project-imas.com/index....1428.1995.html

Out of the 50 listed, these are the ones that interest me (other than Cinderella Masters):
7th - Fumika Sagisawa
34th - Takumi Mukai
37th - Makino Yagami
40th - Ayame Hamaguchi

Seems like the others I'd like to see didn't appear on the list, but we'll see. Hopefully these won't be 4 minute shorts and leave enough room for lots of idols and development.

Old 2014-04-08, 12:25   Link #95
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Rin is in. Now if only Hijiri would show up as a main character or at least for more than a cameo I will be satisfied.

Set by TheEroKing.
Old 2014-04-08, 12:28   Link #96
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
You can read the halfway results from the current popularity poll in a post here: http://forum.project-imas.com/index....1428.1995.html

Out of the 50 listed, these are the ones that interest me (other than Cinderella Masters):
7th - Fumika Sagisawa
34th - Takumi Mukai
37th - Makino Yagami
40th - Ayame Hamaguchi

Seems like the others I'd like to see didn't appear on the list, but we'll see. Hopefully these won't be 4 minute shorts and leave enough room for lots of idols and development.
Wow, Fumika is popular! The shy and silent type continues to rule, and the in-stage change can only help, I assume. Thank goodness she isn't a jerk outside the stage, as other idol characters with this quirk tend to be.
Old 2014-04-08, 12:31   Link #97
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
Rin is in. Now if only Hijiri would show up as a main character or at least for more than a cameo I will be satisfied.
Hello, fellow Hijiri lover!

Seriously though, I'd like to see and hear her come January. She's known for her beautiful voice (from what I understand) AND she's cute, so it would be terrible if she were excluded.

Glad to see Fumika being so popular. I wouldn't mind seeing her and Yoriko, even though they share most of the same traits. Yoriko is shown to make friends with Ranko in one of the manga, so they could work that in.

Last edited by ZodiacBeast; 2014-04-08 at 13:02.
Old 2014-04-08, 18:42   Link #98
Birdway
Banned

I saw a user who usually had Fumika as avatar for a long time her in this forum.
Old 2014-04-09, 06:47   Link #99
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Here's a Tumblr that list any new girls that appear - http://the-cinderella-girls.tumblr.c...ged/Work-Cards -
and all releases in general - http://the-cinderella-girls.tumblr.com/.

I didn't realize that Layla had only been around since September. Fumiko and Makino have been around since May and July, respectively. Everybody else I find interesting came before that.

Tokiko Zaizen was only released in December, but why do I have a feeling she'll show up in the show at one point?

Old 2014-04-16, 08:17   Link #100
Miraluka
Banned

Good news, Ranko is gonna be included in the next DLC for the game!!!
Closed Thread