AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka LN - Steeplechase Chapter (Volume 13) Rating
Perfect 10 13 20.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-04-07, 22:15   Link #81
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Hmmmm...so this mean that its not confirmed but Steeplechase is a solo event?
Tatsuya going solo?
I hope it isn't.

*Fan mode on* I'd like it to be a team Miyuki x Tatsuya if there is no restriction on gender *fan mode off*
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 22:17   Link #82
Rava

Quote:
[...]
In the end we are just speculating what would happen. Bottomline is the only one who is official participant is Miyuki for Icebreak.

Well I concur Iam bias but Iam just stating that Miyuki isnt really suited for the game; in that the reason why Miyuki won mirage bat was her psion count; she was losing before he used flight magic by that we can already guess that leaping and speed base magic is one of Miyuki's weakness.

Compare to people who specialize in high speed such as Tomitsuka . I can say Miyuki specialize in freezing magic which we all know but the important factor of the game is who finish first not who destroy the more obstacle win; which we can say the Icicle break is Miyuki's domain.
She actually pulled ahead before breaking out the CAD, but only by a small margin. She broke out the Flight CAD early to basically keep her lead.

Point in bringing up Miyuki is that if teamed with Tatsuya, he can use her to just blaze through things.

But yes, we are both speculating, there's no harm in that. I thought that was the point of your foray into the topic, mmm?
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 22:19   Link #83
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
^ but far strike it follow the law of decomposition if I remember correctly?
Yes and no.
As far as i know its an attack that damage your spiritual body than your imformational body. Tatsuya is just coating mist dispersion with far strike. Which gives him the idea of coating mist dispersion with gram demo. Thats how i understand it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
She actually pulled ahead before breaking out the CAD, but only by a small margin. She broke out the Flight CAD early to basically keep her lead.

Point in bringing up Miyuki is that if teamed with Tatsuya, he can use her to just blaze through things.

But yes, we are both speculating, there's no harm in that. I thought that was the point of your foray into the topic, mmm?
Still Miyuki win was still uncertain; if that would continue as it is; even Tatsuya was unsure Miyuki can pull it of by stating Miyuki is still in high school level.

There is one solution to your problem; princess carry Miyuki till goal and she can cast magic =3 but still gonna slow down.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-04-07 at 22:32.
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 22:27   Link #84
nosaer

Are they doing away with the newcomers division part of the 9SC? because I would imagine that most of the freshmen heavyweights would be competing in the Newcomer's division rather than the main event. Last year Miyuki was the only freshman to compete in a Varsity event.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 22:31   Link #85
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Yes and no.
As far as i know its an attack that damage your spiritual body than your imformational body. Tatsuya is just coating mist dispersion with far strike. Which gives him the idea of coating mist dispersion with gram demo. Thats how i understand it.
Ok thank you for explaining bit confuse about that

Offtopic: Where your Erika avatar 0_0!

On-topic: does it include banning of personal regrowth too on 2nd 9sc
Old 2014-04-07, 22:59   Link #86
Iamis

I thought Regrowth was considered a classified military secret, so chances are it won't be banned because they are unaware of it, but Tatsuya will try to not use it anyway

The problem with regrowth is that it is automatic and so fast that you need prior knowledge to know what happened, although Tatsuya can stop it from going off, that is not always possible

On a different note I think the main reason Mirage bat wasn't changed is because Men want to see young women in sexy outfits
Iamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 01:00   Link #87
Diocar

Quote:
Yes and no.
Far strike doesn t have anything to do with decomposition.
It is a gram demolition bullet used on the information dimension instead of the phisical dim. Because of that it targets not only the magic but the user's soul or spirit as Well.
Though If he is willing to use far strike in the 9sc is a good question, because it is a new magic which is more advanced than gram demo which is a very dif magic. So ppl would go apeshit after seeing it....
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 01:08   Link #88
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
It is a gram demolition bullet used on the information dimension instead of the phisical dim. Because of that it targets not only the magic but the user's soul or spirit as Well.
Though If he is willing to use far strike in the 9sc is a good question, because it is a new magic which is more advanced than gram demo which is a very dif magic. So ppl would go apeshit after seeing it....
^ which why i though he will banned using that move on 9 School....
Old 2014-04-08, 01:41   Link #89
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
No he coats it with decomposition too...thats how he was able to break through parade.(dont quote on me Tatsuya isnt my expertice)

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 01:48   Link #90
whsie

Definitely interesting. Personally, I think Tats is in Steeplechase and Monolith Code. Monolith Code is considered the most prestigious and popular event on the man's side and I can't imagine the team not putting him in. Tats can operate from close, mid, and long range (combat versatility has always been his one greatest strength). Hattori is dominant from support and mid range. You can then either pick Sawaki Kirihara for the last spot.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 01:49   Link #91
Echizen777

^^No. FS is a psion bullet but compared to his other counter magic it's not that impressive I don't see why he would hide, it's more effective on certain type of magicians. He never hide it, he uses openly even Gram Demolition, the technique is new but that's all.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 02:01   Link #92
Guest2

Quote:
No he coats it with decomposition too...thats how he was able to break through parade.(dont quote on me Tatsuya isnt my expertice)
No I don't think I remember anything like that. He never actually beat parade using magic. He used a grenade in the first match and then it states Lina sopped using it in their final match since she wanted to focus everything on her HMB.

I don't want to see Tatsuya in monolith code just so he can frustrate Ichijou and George by not allowing them a chance at revenge.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 02:04   Link #93
BlueDanube

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
^ which why i though he will banned using that move on 9 School....
Tatsuya may use that to defeat Masaki. If he defeat Masaki twice, the Ten Master Clan will notice him soon and search for his identity. I want to know the student's reactions when they know Tatsuya is strategic class magician. Soon they will kiss his foot.
BlueDanube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 02:09   Link #94
Diocar

Quote:
I have no idea what you are talking about, as far as i can remember he never uses FS against parade, the most he does is some mental training or something to not be deceived by parade in the info dim... (Ps there is a wiki about mahouka so you don t have to go look for things on the ln)

Well everybody knows that gram demo exists and thinks that it is super dificult, however nobody ever thought of a more advanced gram demo. And If he can cancel masaki's magic and at the same time knock him out how are they gonna fight?
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 02:10   Link #95
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

^ if that happen tatsuya dropped school and protect miyuki full time or the principal transfer him on class one due to his identity
Old 2014-04-08, 05:46   Link #96
Chris38

Tatsuya would be hiding Far Strike, precisely because it's a new type of magic technique.

After all using it in a place where he won't be capable of erasing the type of magic being used would make people push Tatsuya to become the inventor of this type of magic ... which as a consequence ... would make the University of Magic research his origins ... revealing his connection with the Yotsuba clan.

It's quite similar to the situation with the magic that Shizuku used in the last year 9sc ... except that this time Tatsuya won't be capable of using the same excuses that he used at that time...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 08:40   Link #97
Guest2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Tatsuya would be hiding Far Strike, precisely because it's a new type of magic technique.

After all using it in a place where he won't be capable of erasing the type of magic being used would make people push Tatsuya to become the inventor of this type of magic ... which as a consequence ... would make the University of Magic research his origins ... revealing his connection with the Yotsuba clan.

It's quite similar to the situation with the magic that Shizuku used in the last year 9sc ... except that this time Tatsuya won't be capable of using the same excuses that he used at that time...
How would they know its a new type? Without an unusual talent like Elemental Sight to be able to see the difference, Far Strike is simply a more concentrated Gram Demolition shell or bullet.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 14:00   Link #98
niffum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
How would they know its a new type? Without an unusual talent like Elemental Sight to be able to see the difference, Far Strike is simply a more concentrated Gram Demolition shell or bullet.
Given how high level Gram Demolition is, using a new variation of it would almost certainly cause a stir.

Besides, the entire competition is recorded in minute detail and most of Japan's magicians (not to mention probably magicians from other countries) watch it. Using an interesting and not-immediately identifiable magic would engender interest, re-watches and sooner or later, someone would figure out that something is very, very off with Tatsuya's magic.
niffum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 14:39   Link #99
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by niffum View Post
Given how high level Gram Demolition is, using a new variation of it would almost certainly cause a stir.

Besides, the entire competition is recorded in minute detail and most of Japan's magicians (not to mention probably magicians from other countries) watch it. Using an interesting and not-immediately identifiable magic would engender interest, re-watches and sooner or later, someone would figure out that something is very, very off with Tatsuya's magic.
But he used GD last year and there was no problem, besides it is like another form of GD, not many people can use it. New magic techniques don't obligatorily need to be hidden, they are precisely supposed to do their best during the competition.
His Cast Jamming is an exception because people could use it for bad reasons, new magic techniques are subject of interest when they are considered as another branch of magic, FS is not an innovative magic. And we already know characters other than Tatsuya created new spells.

Even if people were interested by FS, it would not be a problem to him because he can use it easily, not like the magic he created for Shizuku.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 14:43   Link #100
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
But he used GD last year and there was no problem, besides it is like another form of GD, not many people can use it. New magic techniques don't obligatorily need to be hidden, they are precisely supposed to do their best during the competition.
His Cast Jamming is an exception because people could use it for bad reasons, new magic techniques are subject of interest when they are considered as another branch of magic, FS is not an innovative magic. And we already know characters other than Tatsuya created new spells.

Even if people were interested by FS, it would not be a problem to him because he can use it easily, not like the magic he created for Shizuku.
New Magic techniques that have unwanted authority figures do background checks on you, however, he is ordered to avoid at all costs. With the magic for Shizuku, he could hide behind her. With Far Strike, there's no one to hide behind there.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote