1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-12, 19:49   Link #81
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
I wasn't suggesting that Maryelle should have been ready for what happened judging by there reaction this was unprecedented event however new bosses and event monsters could have been added on pkers could have showed up we all know the round has pissed off all of them. My point is she should have been ready for some sort of combat since they were outside of the safe of the city. I wouldn't expect anyone to see what happened coming that's why said she should have been a little better prepared.
I'm not sure it's realistic to expect everyone to keep all their armor and weapons on their persons at all time. It's easy when you're in a video game, but carrying on like that when you actually have to carry the clothing/weapons is a different matter. Even if there are still game mechanic like aspects to the players, they still have actual sensations because they're still real people now. And keeping real people combat ready 24/7 is extremely difficult. There's a reason why soldiers tend to receive allot of indoctrination in training to keep them able to stay combat ready for long periods of time.

Though keep in mind. the feeling I get is the more veteran players were probably patrolling inland to keep any PK'ers out. So I don't think she was necessarily in that vulnerable of a position.

...course this entire line of conversation is reminding me of that one scene in generation kill related to *kevlars* (AKA, helmets)
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-01-12, 20:03   Link #82
Kyosuke_Nanbu

PK the newbies!?? Did you miss that the training camp sponsored by the Round Table, the most powerful force in Eastal.That PKer should run far and fast after he do the did if he wanted to survive.Not to mention the ban of PK below lv 50.And what kind of thrill in killing those lv 1x newbies???

Last thing they expected is some pker travel for days from the city and sneak around lv 90 high end supervisors then killing some 1x newbies.And that PKer then would be expel from Akiba forever force him to travel to other cities that are months away
Old 2014-01-12, 20:13   Link #83
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I'm not sure it's realistic to expect everyone to keep all their armor and weapons on their persons at all time. It's easy when you're in a video game, but carrying on like that when you actually have to carry the clothing/weapons is a different matter. Even if there are still game mechanic like aspects to the players, they still have actual sensations because they're still real people now. And keeping real people combat ready 24/7 is extremely difficult. There's a reason why soldiers tend to receive allot of indoctrination in training to keep them able to stay combat ready for long periods of time.
Who said they have to be combat ready 24/7 she was supposed to be supervising some newbies out in the field if there was time to be combat ready that would be one.

Quote:
Though keep in mind. the feeling I get is the more veteran players were probably patrolling inland to keep any PK'ers out. So I don't think she was necessarily in that vulnerable of a position.

...course this entire line of conversation is reminding me of that one scene in generation kill related to *kevlars* (AKA, helmets)
YouTube
Considering how stealthily Akatsuki is with Assassin/Tracker class setup I wouldn't be so sure. Plus it also depends if the perimeter guards are serious a sMaryelle then they probably sitting around in lawn chairs sunning themselves and drinking some colorful cocktail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke_Nanbu View Post
PK the newbies!?? Did you miss that the training camp sponsored by the Round Table, the most powerful force in Eastal.That PKer should run far and fast after he do the did if he wanted to survive.Not to mention the ban of PK below lv 50.And what kind of thrill in killing those lv 1x newbies???

Last thing they expected is some pker travel for days from the city and sneak around lv 90 high end supervisors then killing some 1x newbies.And that PKer then would be expel from Akiba forever force him to travel to other cities that are months away
No I didn't miss that and in fact that would be the reason to target them your assuming the only reason people would pk is to pk as opposed to doing it because there unhappy with how the council running things or to make them look weak impotent with hopes to eventually over throw them.

Last edited by GundamFan; 2014-01-12 at 20:23.
Old 2014-01-12, 20:25   Link #84
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Who said they have to be combat ready 24/7 she was supposed to be supervising some newbies out in the field if there was time to be combat ready that would be one.
Which means she has to:
  • Open inventory.
  • Find all the gear she has to wear.
  • Equip it.

All of which would distract her from the most important job: Getting the panicking newbies out. A job which, I might add, she was doing properly. Even with the Murlocs are raining speary death on her. And even if she's somehow done all this at the same time, all she can do is stand back and heal. Because she's a support Cleric, not a front-line one. And unlike modern MMO's, being a healer in ye olde MMO's meant that you'd do absolutely abysmal damage.

Last edited by Keroko; 2014-01-12 at 20:56.
Old 2014-01-12, 20:52   Link #85
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Which means she has to:
  • Open inventory.
  • Find all the gear she has to wear.
  • Equip it.

All of which would distract her from the most important job: Getting the panicking newbies out. I job which, I might add, she was doing properly. Even with the Murlocs are raining speary death on her. And even if she's somehow done all this at the same time, all she can do is stand back and heal. Because she's a support Cleric, not a front-line one. And unlike modern MMO's, being a healer in ye olde MMO's meant that you'd do absolutely abysmal damage.
Like I said originally she should have been a little better prepared gear wise and it wouldn't have made much difference. My point was she should have been taking the training camp and her job in it more seriously not that she would have been able to fight off that horde of monsters on her own or anything like that.
Old 2014-01-12, 20:57   Link #86
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

And assuming she had been wearing all her gear, what would she be doing that she wasn't already?

Last edited by Keroko; 2014-01-12 at 22:25.
Old 2014-01-12, 21:23   Link #87
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Guys here's an excerpt from the translated novel about the Sahuagin attack. I'm not sure if this is allowed in this thread but if it isn't then please PM me so I can delete it. But I hope this clarifies some things.

Spoiler for Novel excerpt about anime scene:

As you can see here Mariele WAS fighting back and not being a damsel in distress. She only backed off when Shoryuu told her to organize the retreat and regrouping of the newbies.
Old 2014-01-12, 22:45   Link #88
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Oh noes Marielle didn't heal the murlocs to death in bikinis how dare her.

Seriously, this argument doesn't warrant pages after pages of arguments.
Old 2014-01-12, 23:00   Link #89
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Oh noes Marielle didn't heal the murlocs to death in bikinis how dare her.

Seriously, this argument doesn't warrant pages after pages of arguments.
Let us sit back, relax and mentally envision how ero-doujins would have a field day with:

Images

Doujin Circle Leader: Boobs, check. Swimwear, not bikini but will do, check. Elf, which means r*pe by demi-humans in ero-doujin language, check. Okay people, time to work~

Signature by liro
Old 2014-01-13, 00:26   Link #90
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Let us sit back, relax and mentally envision how ero-doujins would have a field day with:

Images

Doujin Circle Leader: Boobs, check. Swimwear, not bikini but will do, check. Elf, which means r*pe by demi-humans in ero-doujin language, check. Okay people, time to work~
Ahahahaha Made my day
Old 2014-01-13, 01:54   Link #91
Kamui04

I used to Power Level noobs or low level classes naked...
Old 2014-01-13, 02:38   Link #92
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
I used to Power Level noobs or low level classes naked...
It's a teensy tiny bit different when you're facing down a horde of hundreds of armed fish men in person while equipped only with a hoodie and bikini.
Old 2014-01-13, 03:39   Link #93
mikethepokemaster

I love how everybody get a moment to shine in this series even if a little part you really don't see that kind of thing in most series. Most series just focus on the main lead or the people he/she are traveling with. Very good episode if you ask me
Old 2014-01-13, 03:39   Link #94
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
It's a teensy tiny bit different when you're facing down a horde of hundreds of armed fish men in person while equipped only with a hoodie and bikini.
Yes.
But note, that THE FISHMEN SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THERE.
Maryele was prepared for what was expected of her, healing the newbies from fighting level 20~ or so crabs when necessary.

Complaining she is not wearing armor in case of sahuagin invasion is like complaining people who get drowned in a tsunami were not wearing scuba gear, this whole thing is completely unexpected.

As for PK's, as others have explained, it would take one really insane PK to go out of their way to PK here, and there are other level 90s, in armor further out from the beach (you know, the direction any PK'er will be coming from).
Old 2014-01-13, 03:50   Link #95
Iamis

Not to mention the RTC kinda outlawed PKing anyone below level 50

You could PK them if you wanted to but Shiroe would Blacklist the PKer so they couldn't deposit their loot

Last edited by Iamis; 2014-01-13 at 03:51. Reason: Typo
Old 2014-01-13, 03:54   Link #96
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Yes.
But note, that THE FISHMEN SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THERE.
Maryele was prepared for what was expected of her, healing the newbies from fighting level 20~ or so crabs when necessary.

Complaining she is not wearing armor in case of sahuagin invasion is like complaining people who get drowned in a tsunami were not wearing scuba gear, this whole thing is completely unexpected.

As for PK's, as others have explained, it would take one really insane PK to go out of their way to PK here, and there are other level 90s, in armor further out from the beach (you know, the direction any PK'er will be coming from).
I'm not questioning that at all. I completely agree that Maryele could never have seen that coming. I think you're misunderstanding me a little bit.
Old 2014-01-13, 04:11   Link #97
J4n1

Quote:
I'm not questioning that at all. I completely agree that Maryele could never have seen that coming. I think you're misunderstanding me a little bit.
Then why do you complain that it is somehow different when facing the fishmen?
Yes, it is, but it was completely unforeseeable event, so not being prepared for that was completely justified.

And yes, i may be misunderstanding you, so please clarify, what was your actual point?
Old 2014-01-13, 04:32   Link #98
The Green One

There was a quote in my post. My post was directed toward that comment.
Old 2014-01-13, 04:45   Link #99
J4n1

Quote:
There was a quote in my post. My post was directed toward that comment.
The post was pointing out that Maryele was dressed appropriately for what she was intending to do.
I still fail to see your point unless your point was to complain that she should have been wearing armor.
Old 2014-01-13, 04:49   Link #100
The Green One

Alright, we had a misunderstanding. I really don't care to continue this debate. I apologize if I have confused you.
Closed Thread