3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-04-28, 11:25   Link #81
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
Sasha aka Potato Girl did a 360 degree somersault while running head down on a wall.....is that even fucking possible? Mad respect from me for this stunt.

Also the timely aim using the 3D gear at Samuel Leg by Sasha....how the hell was she able to do that from that distance?
I doubt Eren who is rank way higher than Sasha was able to do this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Sasha is cool but I wonder how she did front flip without using gear on vertical wall. I am sure newton would forgive her though.
I think it's already explained (in early part of episode) that her 3D maneuvering is superb in comparison of others, why is she bellow in term of rank? I bet it's because she is Potato Girl in nature.
Old 2013-04-28, 11:27   Link #82
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Well the ranking is based on EVERYTHING put together and like it was stated, Sasha is horrible at working with others...that likely didn't help much with her ranking scores. Annie was the same but she probably made up for it by being just plain better than Sasha in every other category, including intelligence...which Potato-chan isn't known for.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 11:30   Link #83
richardtengcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Well the ranking is based on EVERYTHING put together and like it was stated, Sasha is horrible at working with others...that likely didn't help much with her ranking scores. Annie was the same but she probably made up for it by being just plain better than Sasha in every other category, including intelligence...which Potato-chan isn't known for.
Another way I look at it is that Potato girl have far better skills than Rank 7 and Rank 8 but because of her air-head that is why she got lower ranks....also probably the instructor didn`t like her since the "Potato" incidents. I notice her skill in slicing the Titan nape has deeper cut than Jean and Eren....the degree on the depth of the cuts also tells how skillful they are.
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 11:32   Link #84
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Tell her that she can get a free potato for every titan she kills, she will beat even Mikasa.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 11:35   Link #85
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Come on now, we all love Potato-chan...but let's not dismiss Conny and Marco, they could very well be much better than what's expected.
Old 2013-04-28, 11:35   Link #86
richardtengcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Tell her that she can get a free potato for every titan she kills, she will beat even Mikasa.
Give her a bread, she will forgive whatever bad things you have done to her.
Give her a potato, she will do anythings for you.
Giver her some meat....she will start to orgasm
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 11:41   Link #87
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

The reason Sasha is ranked so highly and is so effective at the 3D maneuver is that she alone has a special extra "gas-propulsion system", if you know what I mean. Based on how the drill instructor reacted to Mikasa's comment like it was a usual thing, I am thinking this is likely.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 11:44   Link #88
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
BTW, just a reminder...it's not explicitely said but there's a 3 year timeskip between the first and second half of episode 4.
At most, there's a one year skip between the graded training run (year 850) and the graduation. The training course is supposed to be 3 years, after all.
Yet, Eren remarks it's been five years since "that day" just before the attack on Wall Rose. That would be consistent with the year still being 850 at the end of the episode.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 11:48   Link #89
ditn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Author is enthusiastic fan of MMA (mixed martial arts). So I would guess combination of Taekwondo and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, these seems to be among common disciplines.
Taekwondo does not kick below the waist and kicks with the ball of the foot not the shin
ANyway good episode and heart attack at the end,no optimisme here
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 11:53   Link #90
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
At most, there's a one year skip between the graded training run (year 850) and the graduation. The training course is supposed to be 3 years, after all.
Yet, Eren remarks it's been five years since "that day" just before the attack on Wall Rose. That would be consistent with the year still being 850 at the end of the episode.
The attack happened two years before Eren and Mikasa joined the army and started training and then training lasted 3 years. The scene where their attributes were told to us and the hand-to-hand combat training could have happened at any time within those 3 years. I just meant that since the start of the training to their graduation there was a 3 year time gap.
Old 2013-04-28, 12:07   Link #91
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Anyone else noticed a blatant production mistake when Hannes appears in front of Eren?

In the first scene both him and his partner wear uniforms with the emblem of the garrison as it should.

The second scene from the side the emblem suddenly changes to the double wings of the recon corps!

Then the next scene in a close up of the two, the emblem becomes again the two roses of the garrison.

What the hell I.G.?!

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 12:14   Link #92
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Anyone else noticed a blatant production mistake when Hannes appears in front of Eren?

In the first scene both him and his partner wear uniforms with the emblem of the garrison as it should.

The second scene from the side the emblem suddenly changes to the double wings of the recon corps!

Then the next scene in a close up of the two, the emblem becomes again the two roses of the garrison.

What the hell I.G.?!
I think same kind of mistake also happened on previous episode when Eren sway Mikasa hair, her cloth color changed . . .
Old 2013-04-28, 12:20   Link #93
desrtsku
Nympholept

Who cares about that? Those are the kind of details that can be fixed with the BD release (along with the other crappy QUALITY of those scenes) ... at least I know I'll be watching those releases just for dem uncensored violences.
Old 2013-04-28, 12:53   Link #94
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Eh, let's not get into a debate over the semantics of "hotness" and "cuteness". In this particular instance, I was referring to the same thing: physical attractiveness.
Hot: normal perversion
Cute: pedophillic perversion

Quote:
The reason Sasha is ranked so highly and is so effective at the 3D maneuver is that she alone has a special extra "gas-propulsion system", if you know what I mean. Based on how the drill instructor reacted to Mikasa's comment like it was a usual thing, I am thinking this is likely.
oh hell no part of the food i was eating ended up in my nose due to lol.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 13:41   Link #95
LuxorMG
ItadakiMAKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditn View Post
Taekwondo does not kick below the waist and kicks with the ball of the foot not the shin
ANyway good episode and heart attack at the end,no optimisme here
But seriously, the author really is a huge fan of MMA, so we're going to see a lot of grappling and takedowns (like we saw this episode) quite a lot in the future.
Old 2013-04-28, 14:26   Link #96
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Mikasa: "It was the sound of Sasha farting"

Hahahaha!
Old 2013-04-28, 14:30   Link #97
Gravitas Free Zone

I'm finding the Very Large Titan's ability to manifest itself out of thin air (but conveniently always on the "safe" side of the wall) rather... amusing. After all, if it can appear in a flash (or not) of lightning, why not appear inside the wall? Without knowing the manga material, I can only speculate as to whether this ability is plot-relevant.

On the topic of convenient physics, stopping someone from falling to their death by shooting a metal rod through their leg could easily have been depicted as going extremely gorily wrong.

Interesting about just how many characters the drill sergeant was describing as "Not bad alone, but does not work well with the team." I wonder how that will correlate to the likely mass-pruning of the cast next week.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 14:32   Link #98
Flolan

Sasha saved Samuel from certain death but i think she messed his leg up totally in the process. I dont think he will be able to be a soldier ever again. Then again better than being a pavement pizza dont ya think?

Like others im a little sad for the missing scenes, they really rushed through the manga chapters in this episode. I guess it was to get that huge cliffhanger at the end of the episode.

Mikasa enjoys bullying Sasha it seems. Never would have expected from her. Luckily Sasha will forgive you, if you just feed her more potatoes~

How am i gonna be able to stand this week long wait, urgghh... wake me up when its saturday again.
Flolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 14:44   Link #99
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Okay, the first time I didn't really see the connection between the lightning and the Colossal Titan, but looking at it now it's like the thing came down from the sky. There was no quake, nothing, just BAM, he's in your face.
Yeah this

I mean WTF ?? zeus?

Last edited by taichi-kun; 2013-04-28 at 14:58.
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 15:01   Link #100
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Oh god the giant titan is a teleporter! That's just insane how he's not there one moment and then suddenly "bam!"

I'll agree with the point that they need to find out more about these things. They can hardly expect to survive when these things can magically do random stuff like that. There didn't seem to be much intelligence behind these things, but there has to be something going on here. Left damn curious about the secrets to this series.

Sasha...oh that girl is hilarious. I'm amazed she decided to go with the rest of them though. I mean, the call for the convenience and food had to be pretty high up there. Maybe she figured that between killing Titans she can go around and find some cattle that are wandering around .

A nice little moment as well between the three friends. Think Mikasa was able to get her thoughts across a little more here. Obviously Eren is still obsessed with this one-sided rivalry, but he should be able to get that she is there because she doesn't want to lose anyone else.