AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 17 20.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 32.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 30.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.47%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-04-21, 01:13   Link #81
Marina2

About the name, I wonder how many railgun fans know who is "Kazari"

Spoiler for answer:

EDIT: Fixed

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-04-22 at 10:22.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 02:26   Link #82
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
What is Saten a blood hound
That depends...
Quick and dirty editing, go!
Characters are from Madoka Magica, Symphogear and Sakura Trick.
Please see the uncompressed version on the right.
Click this for my gif request thread.Max quality version
I take gif requests here.
Please read the opening post (revised as of 22/8/2014).
Auxilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 02:43   Link #83
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Seems legit.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 03:18   Link #84
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
About the name, I wonder how many railgun fans know who is "Kasari"

Spoiler for answer:
Kazari.

... For some reason this post, excluding this very line I'm typing is too long?

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 04:23   Link #85
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Uiharu Kazari's name literally means "decorations for the beginning of Spring".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 07:36   Link #86
kagato3

Ok I'm starting to think Saten isn't a level 0 Aero Hand (her officelly stated power set) but a level 0 Trouble Hound and I think she is getting stronger.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 08:16   Link #87
s07195
However,

Definitely captured what I thought Shinobu would be like. Didn't miss the fish-eyes.
Old 2013-04-21, 08:38   Link #88
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Another great episode. Can't say how much I love this anime. The beginning threw me off a bit though, shouldn't Misaka's parents be the ones who decides whenever to give samples of her DNA or not?
Young Mikoto looks exactly like Misaka Imouto.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 12:49   Link #89
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
Another great episode. Can't say how much I love this anime. The beginning threw me off a bit though, shouldn't Misaka's parents be the ones who decides whenever to give samples of her DNA or not?
Young Mikoto looks exactly like Misaka Imouto.
She is academy city. Scientist doesn't care about parents approval if they can get the daughters approval plus it doesn't necessarily mean that the parent needs to know it and the scientist probably instruct her to keep it a secret. Child's thing then even if Misaka accidentally said it to her parents then when that happen the scientist are good at convincing ignorant masses on their work.
Old 2013-04-21, 13:33   Link #90
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
She is academy city. Scientist doesn't care about parents approval if they can get the daughters approval plus it doesn't necessarily mean that the parent needs to know it and the scientist probably instruct her to keep it a secret.
By being in Academy City, it's pretty likely that the parents had already signed a bunch of OK permits, after all the power curriculum is already experimenting on the kids and thus need consensus.

About the episode, it was again a pretty calm paced one, serving it's obvious purpose as an arc introductory episode. The pacing reminded me of the first season, so I guess they are making a good job with making "Railgun" feel like "Railgun".
Old 2013-04-21, 16:08   Link #91
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
About the name, I wonder how many railgun fans know who is "Kasari"
Well, I have no idea anybody named "Kasari"

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 16:29   Link #92
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
By being in Academy City, it's pretty likely that the parents had already signed a bunch of OK permits, after all the power curriculum is already experimenting on the kids and thus need consensus.
The parents who enter their children in academy city. I wonder if they truly understand the gravity of what they are doing. They are handling their kids for human experimentation.

Maybe because they view it as academy city teaching your kids to have powers but really.... even in season 1 Mikoto's view on academy city is pretty tame. When she confront the scientist in level upper arc. She doesn't even view the human experimentation that academy city do as bad and even in her own school that thing is being conduct.

Its like living in different environment that they ended up accepting things as normal and didn't even think further into it.
Old 2013-04-21, 17:34   Link #93
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The parents who enter their children in academy city. I wonder if they truly understand the gravity of what they are doing. They are handling their kids for human experimentation.

Maybe because they view it as academy city teaching your kids to have powers but really.... even in season 1 Mikoto's view on academy city is pretty tame. When she confront the scientist in level upper arc. She doesn't even view the human experimentation that academy city do as bad and even in her own school that thing is being conduct.

Its like living in different environment that they ended up accepting things as normal and didn't even think further into it.
It's most likely the school board hide their own agenda from parents. Mikoto's parents enrolled her for a good reason. Mikoto's school is a Ojogaku. It's one of five most prestigious school in the region. The private school has the strict policy on student conduct. It also offer the unique curriculum. They think she would become someone successful. The school board sees Mikoto as future level 5 or saint level(?) esper. If their Mikoto study is successful, they can apply their technology to others(?) At the same time, they can also cure the handicapped patients. Ultimately, they can have their rival biting the dusts. I think it's what anime has implied. If you want to use Pseudepigraphos - Super Railgun as the counter argument. It's fine, too.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 18:14   Link #94
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Well, I have no idea anybody named "Kasari"
Uiharu's spare body name, I think.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 18:45   Link #95
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

thanks god.... they're making Sisters' arc first....

finally we can know Misaka's reaction when she realized how the scientist tricked her and how they use her DNA map
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 18:58   Link #96
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
It's most likely the school board hide their own agenda from parents. Mikoto's parents enrolled her for a good reason. Mikoto's school is a Ojogaku. It's one of five most prestigious school in the region. The private school has the strict policy on student conduct. It also offer the unique curriculum. They think she would become someone successful. The school board sees Mikoto as future level 5 or saint level(?) esper. If their Mikoto study is successful, they can apply their technology to others(?) At the same time, they can also cure the handicapped patients. Ultimately, they can have their rival biting the dusts. I think it's what anime has implied. If you want to use Pseudepigraphos - Super Railgun as the counter argument. It's fine, too.
Saint are different from level 5. They are countries apart though that doesn't apply on no 1 and no 2 because they are worlds apart compare to the other level 5.
Old 2013-04-21, 18:58   Link #97
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
well...last order is basically young mikoto...what do you expect...
My thoughts exactly. I mean....to use Misaki Misaka's DNA map.... are they damn geniuses to know that she will be Lv 5 in time? (Remember, she was Lv 1 / 2 at the time.)
Ironically, they're damn smart scientists.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 19:23   Link #98
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
My thoughts exactly. I mean....to use Misaki Misaka's DNA map.... are they damn geniuses to know that she will be Lv 5 in time? (Remember, she was Lv 1 / 2 at the time.)
Ironically, they're damn smart scientists.
To answer this question or if your even interested on knowing it since its index related then go to light novel or abilities and technology thread but if your just watching railgun anime then its not really needed.
Old 2013-04-21, 20:45   Link #99
Birdway
Banned

Meanwhile the internet...

Spoiler for Anime vs Manga:

Spoiler for space:

Last edited by Birdway; 2013-04-21 at 21:02. Reason: EDIT:
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 21:16   Link #100
Goldzero

i would probably rather have her scary character designs rather then her moe one.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote