Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-12-11, 11:30   Link #81
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I thought I saw him in the previews for next season?
Unfortunately no, he wasn't there.

But I'm clinging to the hope that just because he isn't seen there doesn't mean he's dead.
Old 2013-12-12, 23:09   Link #82
ReddyRedWolf

Here is something interesting. This guy Vanchat is mentioned in the first episode selling Chitauri neural link and Akela's episode, he is the guy that killed her team and took her prisoner.

If Team Coulson has any leads to Centipede it is this guy.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 20:58   Link #83
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Here is something interesting. This guy Vanchat is mentioned in the first episode selling Chitauri neural link and Akela's episode, he is the guy that killed her team and took her prisoner.

If Team Coulson has any leads to Centipede it is this guy.
And it's who they ended up using. Also, they revealed most of how Coulson survived.

Spoiler for New episode of the year/season/half season/whatever:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 09:37   Link #84
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Spoiler:
Old 2014-01-15, 03:03   Link #85
ReddyRedWolf

I was expecting Ian Quinn to be one of Centipede's backers. Turns out he is another minion of the Clairvoyant.

Now we sort of know where the moneys comes from. Question is who is the Clairvoyant?

From what we know besides emerging technologies Centipede is also interested in alien equation (Skrull) and tech (Chitauri).

Skye being the 8-0-4 could be alien in origin.

Loose threads conveniently coming together.

If Scorch survived. Alongside Graviton and Blizzard we have quite a rogues gallery that has beef with Centipede and the Bus SHIELD team.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2014-01-15 at 10:02.
Old 2014-01-15, 08:21   Link #86
GDB

Skye having powers brings the original suspicion of her being either Jessica Jones or Jessica Drew closer to being truth.
Old 2014-01-15, 09:51   Link #87
james0246

Truthfully, this is probably the best episode of the series so far. The Coulson mystery wasn't that interesting (even if Gregg's performance is arguably the best part of the series...which isn't a good indicator for the series), and the Skye parental dilemma was never quite interesting enough to be an A-Plot (apparently the writers continue to agree, since it is still the B-Plot for this episode), but this episode managed to pull off the storyline quite well by making her the real mystery not her parents. Finding out that Skye has powers (she is an 0-8-4)or is connected to powers is a nice reveal, and finding out that her family and multiple SHIELD agents were killed to protect her only adds to the drama and mystery (also, it seems pretty obvious to me, but who else thinks it was the titular Winter Soldier that killed her parents and the agents? You can't just drop a big name (“Huh. Bucky Barnes.” ) and then bring up multiple assassinations without connecting the dots and leading to the Winter Soldier...). The foreboding warning about Skye has finally made her more than a pretty face that occasionally says something humorous.

But, what really made this episode work was separating the younger and older generations of the crew. For better or worse, beyond a few brief moments throughout the series, the younger generation has seldom acted as anything other than plot devices for Coulson's storyline (which is thankfully over, but even better seems to have actually changed the character in interesting ways). Even if they are given a few character beats, they still lack real interesting qualities, and that is almost entirely because Coulson is so often the main focus of the series. Personally, after the break I was hoping for several episodes were Coulson didn't appear, letting the rest of the crew have time to work and interact without his constant presence. Sadly, he was brought back immediately, and I'd guess future episode will place him at the center once again. But, if the series wishes to survive and thrive, it must distance itself from Coulson, letting the other agents shine in unique ways. This episode was a good indicator of the potential for these characters (hopefully, the episode title "Seeds" is an indicator of things to come ), and more importantly their potential for growth.

That being said, the hand-to-hand choreography was leaps and bounds better than previous episodes, and the dialogue and banter really snapped and crackled (“Time will come when you won’t make fun of me for [looking young]. You’ll be jealous. You’ll be jealous wrinkly old hags.” Fitz is best when he is a little bitchy .). The rivalry between the different factions of SHIELD was fun, and the overall mythos of SHIELD was nicely established. Also the villain as actually interesting, with a decent origin story and nicely performed by Dylan Minnette. All in all, this is such a sharp improvement over the first half of the series, and despite the fact that the series continues to be a little too small and moves at a glacial pace considering it's comic origins, I actually find myself really hopeful and interested once again. 85/100.

ps, I really like the plane, and it is a killer set, but the more time away from it the better.

pps, AIM was mentioned! My initial hope for the series, pre-IM3, was that AIM and HYDRA would be constant background villains. Now that Iron Man 3 has mostly ruined AIM, I despaired that they might not return, but my hope was fanned during this episode.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 10:03   Link #88
GDB

I always figured that Centipede and AIM were off-shoots or branching successors of Hydra.
Old 2014-01-15, 21:59   Link #89
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Unfortunately, I doubt Skye will turn out to be Jessica Jones or anyone from the Marvel-verse; Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is doing a remarkable job of not tying into the Marvel-verse outside of the movie series. It's obvious they're specifically avoiding bringing in any references, otherwise we would have had several such references already.
Old 2014-01-17, 20:19   Link #90
ReddyRedWolf

Sif shows up in AoS in Feb.

Next ep would have a Stan Lee cameo.
Old 2014-01-17, 23:12   Link #91
james0246

^Skye is Sif's daughter! Calling it right now.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 03:01   Link #92
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Skye is Sif's daughter! Calling it right now.
Now that is ridiculous as Skye being a living walking Infinity Stone. (Joss Whedon show)
Old 2014-01-24, 02:04   Link #93
ReddyRedWolf

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=93354

All those hints paid off!
Spoiler:
Old 2014-01-24, 15:23   Link #94
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=93354

All those hints paid off!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2014-01-24, 17:07   Link #95
GDB

What, you mean name dropping the likes of Thor, Captain America, Stark, and Bucky Barnes wasn't enough?
Old 2014-01-24, 17:25   Link #96
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
What, you mean name dropping the likes of Thor, Captain America, Stark, and Bucky Barnes wasn't enough?
I'm talking about the rest of the Marvel-verse, like the theory that Peterson was going to be Luke Cage back before the series premiered, or having Hydra make its reappearance or something.
Old 2014-01-24, 20:47   Link #97
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I suspect that the series has to tread carefully, and it seems that Marvel prefers to introduce things via the MCU movies. Note how most things referred to are the movies.

Also, pretty sure it was Winter Soldier hunting down Skye. Probably for a job or something.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 19:53   Link #98
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Before I lose my mind, has Ian Quinn appeared more than once before? It's been a while; I can't remember. Has he appeared with that one professor doing work on the graviton stuff?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 20:42   Link #99
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Putting my money on the Clairvoyant being Mentallo + Fixer.
Old 2014-01-26, 03:44   Link #100
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Before I lose my mind, has Ian Quinn appeared more than once before? It's been a while; I can't remember. Has he appeared with that one professor doing work on the graviton stuff?
Same guy in the Graviton origin episode.

Notice Centipede is either directly or indirectly responsible for villain origins.

Graviton and Blizzard have a bone to pick with Ian Quinn. If Scorch managed to survive his explosion he'll go after Centipede too.

From all hints Centipede may be Hydra. But the Bus team's nemesis is whoever this Clairvoyant is which seems to work as a think tank consultant for these guys.

I also realize with Hank Pym being old is that it brings context to what Fury said in Avengers. Heroes are an old fashioned notion.

Tony Stark literally started a new age of public super heroes.

Which there may be established super heroes in MCU they are old and not known to the public.

Agents of Shield will feature some hero origins but it will be mostly deal with villain origins.

Netflix's Dare Devil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones will have their own origin series culminating to the Defenders.

Agent Carter would deal with old heroes most likely.

Tags
marvel cinematic universe