Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-06-02, 23:14   Link #81
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
I'll have to take your word on that, with the caveat that past performance is no guarantee of future results. I once saw an adaptation of Great Expectations that followed the novel faithfully until the last five minutes, and then took a turn that would have made Dickens's head explode.

I find the whole relationship fuss annoying, and it's a bad habit of mine to stick my nose in the middle of arguments I find annoying. But I really don't have a horse in the race. As far as I'm concerned, Kumiko and Reina already have a relationship worth following even without any smooching, Shouuichi seems too bland for boyfriend material but that could always change, and Reina having a crush on her teacher seems like a fairly normal occurrence. Let's get back to the musical part of the story now...

Because Shouuichi is man and not a pretty girl.
and femina protagonist always have to end his woman friend.

It is different in this case you would be destroying the author's story.
In this case would It involves changing the genre.
It has fan who does not like such elements, and researched before to see the anime, to see if such elements were present and so thus they decided to watch the anime.
In the case of exchange of genre, they would have listed the genre shoujo-ai / yuri.
It is a 180 degree change you would be changing the sexual orientation of the protagonist of the series and gender the anime, they would out of respect for fans who were already aware or read the LN, and for the fans not largasem the anime after discover such elements.

The big problem of yuri fans is that they are prejudiced against heterosexual relationships and against men.
Hidetoshi Nakata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 23:23   Link #82
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidetoshi Nakata View Post
It is different in this case you would be destroying the author's story.
In this case would It involves changing the genre.
I'm simply stating - with some degree of professional authority, if you like - that I've seen it done.

I don't really have a preference either way. For the most part, I don't even delve into the love lives of my own characters, let alone anyone else's. I'm interested in other parts of the story.

All I'm pointing out is that the writer and director of an adaptation are not obligated to follow the original author's story. They can follow it if they want to, or they can turn it completely upside down. They can do one thing for a while and then do the other. It's all fair game.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-03, 00:23   Link #83
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
you're kidding, if you search is over 100 anime in recent years q female protagonist does not show any interest a man, and is always interested another woman.

Here is the list 1/3

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica
Black★Rock Shooter
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru
Mai-HiME
Ga-Rei: Zero
Uta Kata
Venus Versus Virus
Aoi Hana
Akuma no Riddle
Gokujo.: Gokurakuin Joshikou Ryou Monogatari
Kanamemo
Kannazuki no Miko
Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl
Mnemosyne: Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi
Sakura Trick
Sasameki Koto
Simoun
no Hanabira ni Kuchizuke wo: Risa x Miya Gekijou
Steel Angel Kurumi 2
Tenshi no Drop
Strawberry Panic
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito
Yuri Kuma Arashi
Yuru Yuri
K-On!
A-Channel
Kiniro Mosaic
Kanamemo
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?
Hidamari Sketch
Strawberry Panic!
Yuru Yuri
Maria-sama ga Miteru
Strawberry Panic
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Maria Holic
Hidamari Sketch
Saki
Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl
Kannazuki no Miko
Sasameki Koto
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Aoi Hana
Traveller Yami

All equal when it comes to relationships and love interest of femina protagonist is always the same she has not the slightest interest in men and is always interested in other woman.

always equal, the female protagonist, has such taste, such interest such relationship, never have interest in man, ta she always interested in woman,
These series aren't recent. Most of them are way older than 2012 and forward which was what you asked for. I mean Utena is from the ninties. How the hell is that recent? A lot of these series aren't even yuri.
Old 2015-06-03, 00:32   Link #84
rymmkon

Quote:

exactly as you wrote, and as I get an anime that was based on a novel by LN heteresexual, both girls like men, which was not listed yuri/shoujo-ai and create relationships between the girls and make them what they are not, you described exactly what yuri fans are doing in Hibike and made in Cross Ange.
Congratulations you speak one thing and does another.

Actually, no I'm not. The show stands separate from the light novel, and given the progression of the show thus far, it's not categorized as anything but a music anime. An anime doesn't have to be explicitly labeled as yuri/shoujo-ai in order to have such relationships. As people have been stressing, the romance subplot of Hibike Euphonium is absolutely secondary to the subject of the anime as a whole.
But you know, it's not productive to argue with you. You obviously speak from a heteronormative perspective, and you have no grasp on the struggles of LGBTQIA people in regards to representation in popular media.
rymmkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-03, 01:01   Link #85
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymmkon View Post
Actually, no I'm not. The show stands separate from the light novel, and given the progression of the show thus far, it's not categorized as anything but a music anime. An anime doesn't have to be explicitly labeled as yuri/shoujo-ai in order to have such relationships. As people have been stressing, the romance subplot of Hibike Euphonium is absolutely secondary to the subject of the anime as a whole.
But you know, it's not productive to argue with you. You obviously speak from a heteronormative perspective, and you have no grasp on the struggles of LGBTQIA people in regards to representation in popular media.

But it is disrespectful to those who do not enjoy this kind of genre and that kind of relationship.
You talk of respect to such kind of relationships, most do not speak of the lack of respect for those who do not like this genre and type of relationship.
Respect must be of both parties, not only please and leave yuri fans do what it pleases.
Where is the respect with other users who do not like this theme, you think it cool to read these types of post.
This anime clearly does not cover such topic and does not deal with this genre and does not cover such relationships, do not know why continue to insist on them.

Here clear example of such scenes, and nothing happened.

Typical bait KyoAni here's proof that the same company already played the same bait.
is fact

Reina e Kumiko

We had a same scene in Hyouka, exactly the same cut for the legs, between Chitanda and Fuyumi.

until the color, of the socks is to the same
even cutting legs, and always has people falling in the same baits

Last edited by Hidetoshi Nakata; 2015-06-03 at 01:15.
Old 2015-06-03, 02:01   Link #86
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Well, I'm not into this kind of things but I take my time to search about the novel and how characters develops here but seriously I don't know how people can like this, all what I see is Yuribait, forced drama (even more than other LN's like Yahari) and an adaptation made by Kyoani who exploded the Yuri factor just to trigger people and sell more.

Some people called the novel amazing and well-writen by real Japanese women who only understand how teenage Japanese girls acts, and that means acting almost like lesbians? over use the same arguments as almost every school-based LN out there? is this a well-writen novel with some deep meaning or good plot? HELL NO. Call me hater or whatever you want but this is how most of the people who don't like "moe" things or Yuri thinks.

PS: I'm not against non-hetero relationships, but include them into this kind of things isn't appropriate.
RaymondSageClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-03, 02:24   Link #87
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
But it is disrespectful to those who do not enjoy this kind of genre and that kind of relationship.
You talk of respect to such kind of relationships, most do not speak of the lack of respect for those who do not like this genre and type of relationship.
Respect must be of both parties, not only please and leave yuri fans do what it pleases.
Where is the respect with other users who do not like this theme, you think it cool to read these types of post.
This anime clearly does not cover such topic and does not deal with this genre and does not cover such relationships, do not know why continue to insist on them.

Here clear example of such scenes, and nothing happened.

Typical bait KyoAni here's proof that the same company already played the same bait.
is fact

Reina e Kumiko

We had a same scene in Hyouka, exactly the same cut for the legs, between Chitanda and Fuyumi.

until the color, of the socks is to the same
even cutting legs, and always has people falling in the same baits
You're comparing one moment from Hyouka that otherwise wedlocked Eru and Oreki with a moment from Sound! Euphonium featuring the OTP. I would explain the problem here, but even without the language barrier there are some things some words have made abundantly clear, both here and on the anime thread. But, everyone, instead of tossing conjecture for no reason, why don't we just all appreciate how hawt Natsuki is?
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-03, 02:48   Link #88
theshade1

Wow, Yuri shippers be stronk. But yh, even though the adaptation has a lot of baiting moments, there's no way that there'll be any relationship. I can't believe ppl advocating the adaptation completely changing the ending of the source. Rly, at best there'll be a non/open ending as this only covers vol 1.
theshade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-03, 03:39   Link #89
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondSageClark View Post
Well, I'm not into this kind of things but I take my time to search about the novel and how characters develops here but seriously I don't know how people can like this, all what I see is Yuribait, forced drama (even more than other LN's like Yahari) and an adaptation made by Kyoani who exploded the Yuri factor just to trigger people and sell more.

Some people called the novel amazing and well-writen by real Japanese women who only understand how teenage Japanese girls acts, and that means acting almost like lesbians? over use the same arguments as almost every school-based LN out there? is this a well-writen novel with some deep meaning or good plot? HELL NO. Call me hater or whatever you want but this is how most of the people who don't like "moe" things or Yuri thinks.

PS: I'm not against non-hetero relationships, but include them into this kind of things isn't appropriate.
Your comment is perfect.
That's exactly how I think.
Old 2015-06-03, 03:44   Link #90
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
On this forum, we don't tolerate discrimination based on any factor, including sexual orientation. Your preferences for fiction aside, it's remarkably tone-deaf to imply that just changing the gender of the love interest completely changes the genre of the work, and it becomes "that kind of genre" with "that kind of relationship", even if the relationship isn't even the central focus of the work in the first place.

If people want to have a discussion about the nature of the changes made in the anime adaptation and whether it may have a negative impact on their ability to faithfully adapt future content, that's totally fine and makes sense. Changing the romantic interest, if they even did that, would certainly have an impact on the story in some ways. But keep your dislike of "that type of relationship" (and any such implied pejorative) out of the discussion.

Future posts that continue along this track will moderated as necessary. (The above applies to other posters as well.)
Old 2015-06-04, 22:14   Link #91
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

That difference between anime, and Manga Ln is not as great as some claim

episode from the perspective of other material
Spoiler:

It was different in the first seven episodes, the episode 8 onwards became equal.
starting from Chapter 3, vol.1 LN anime is following the same path.

Last edited by Hidetoshi Nakata; 2015-06-05 at 02:08.
Old 2015-06-04, 22:38   Link #92
Romanticide

I'm curious about the manga's take on shuichi....anyone know if it's being translated?
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-05, 01:08   Link #93
Akito Kinomoto

Quote:
That difference between anime, and Manga Ln is not as great as some claim

episode from the perspective of other material
Spoiler:
The pages are arranged all wrong, there's no translation, but it's obvious there's a difference in Reina's reaction, and we see a small flashback that would actually help make Kumiko and Shuichi a believable pairing. And btw,
Quote:
KyoAni only change the designer of the characters and cut scenes, the personality of the characters is the same, the only notable difference It is how Kumiko acts toward Shu que é diferente da LN and manga.
Which is it?
GANBARIMASU
Old 2015-06-05, 06:31   Link #94
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kinomoto View Post
The pages are arranged all wrong, there's no translation, but it's obvious there's a difference in Reina's reaction, and we see a small flashback that would actually help make Kumiko and Shuichi a believable pairing. And btw,

Which is it?

the order is correct according to chapter 10 of the manga.
The order starts from left to right, you down, and moves to the right.

Spoiler:

Yes, until episode 7, Kumiko the relationship and Shu is different from the manga and LN.
But starting from episode 8, she became very similar to manga and LN, and was clear in episode 9, where the scene was adptado Kumiko responds to the name of Shu when it is approved, and ends up forgetting that Hazuki had been cut, then the scene cuts to Hazuki who also had not paid attention she had been cut. showing the contrast of feelings of both girls.
The reaction that Kumiko has on the bus and how she reacted when she heard the name of Shu being approved, that's how it reacts in Ln and manga.
in the next episode, you will see the great change.
Kumiko embarrassed and nervous when talk or hear the name of Shu.

Old 2015-06-05, 07:02   Link #95
Akito Kinomoto

Quote:
the order is correct according to chapter 10 of the manga.
The order starts from left to right, you down, and moves to the right.

Spoiler:

Yes, until episode 7, Kumiko the relationship and Shu is different from the manga and LN.
But starting from episode 8, she became very similar to manga and LN, and was clear in episode 9, where the scene was adptado Kumiko responds to the name of Shu when it is approved, and ends up forgetting that Hazuki had been cut, then the scene cuts to Hazuki who also had not paid attention she had been cut. showing the contrast of feelings of both girls.
The reaction that Kumiko has on the bus and how she reacted when she heard the name of Shu being approved, that's how it reacts in Ln and manga.
in the next episode, you will see the great change.
Kumiko embarrassed and nervous when talk or hear the name of Shu.

No, the pages were jumbled with the way you arranged them. If not for the fact I haven't seen the episode I couldn't make any sense of the order.

Very similar in episode 8 though? Nope, I have word from more than one source that the mountain hike was amped up.

And, y'know, they also added a ton of KumiRein throughout previous episodes. Kumiko is just more aware of Shu because everyone keeps forcing the question on her. Btw, now it seems like the show is forcing heterosexual relationships on people who do not like heterosexual relationships. Damn, they must feel so disrespected.
GANBARIMASU

Last edited by LKK; 2015-06-05 at 17:00. Reason: removed off-topic discussion
Old 2015-06-05, 11:04   Link #96
Shirohige

Can someone spoil the 4th novel to me. Someone's saying the 4th one is taking the yuri route? Is this true?
Shirohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-05, 12:06   Link #97
pikuchan
Long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirohige View Post
Can someone spoil the 4th novel to me. Someone's saying the 4th one is taking the yuri route? Is this true?
The 4th book is just a collection of side-stories.

Spoiler for Spoilers:

Last edited by pikuchan; 2015-06-05 at 12:28.
pikuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-05, 13:08   Link #98
larethian

Just got the novels and started reading them.
As I was reluctant to buy hard copies of a new title that I wanted to read, I must say that I did not regret getting them. In fact, I'm very pleased!

First off, the text is extremely pleasant to read. Am unsure of how to explain it in concrete terms other than that

Secondly, there are a lot of differences! While the main story appears to be the same (though I must say I've only read the prologue and one out of four chapters), it won't be exaggerating to say that majority (perhaps like 70 to 80%) of the more trivial stuff are different.
They are mostly trivial, though some differences could shift our perceptions and understanding of the characters slightly as compared to what we are getting from the anime. To put it in another way, outcomes are the same as the anime, but the processes leading to the outcomes can vary from being slightly to totally different.

Anyway, unlike other series that I only had begun after watching the anime and had felt inclined to just scan through what had been adapted and shown in the anime, I did not feel this way with this series, thanks to the differences that gave it a refreshing feel.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-05, 13:57   Link #99
Shirohige

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikuchan View Post
The 4th book is just a collection of side-stories.

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Thanks, pikuchan.

Last edited by LKK; 2015-06-05 at 16:58. Reason: removed off-topic discussion
Shirohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-05, 17:05   Link #100
LKK

Thread locked for clean out.

Edit: I removed several off-topic posts and edited a few others to remove off-topic material. Now, please return to discussing the thread's topic which is the contents of the Hibike! Euphonium novel.

Thread open.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music