AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-26, 02:53   Link #81
Confessa
A White Rose

Yeah..Marimite has such a flowing storyline, and such deep relationships. Really, I wonder how they've managed to keep the story so interesting when it's just about... well, friendship.

But Marimite is losing my interest in another way...I cant read the novels, and I've watched everything there is to watch...There's nothing for me to do with it anymore. Of course, the loss in interest can also be attributed to Friday Night Lights and Heroes, but hey...let's keep it Marimite. XD
Old 2007-08-26, 07:05   Link #82
crazyhorse
Procrastinator

You can't lose your interest now! Not when there is still season 4 to be watched!!

Fanfiction is also a great way to keep the interest alive. Horray for fanfics!
Old 2007-08-26, 09:47   Link #83
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand

Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
Wow!! I love it! Lots of post!! n_n
*Makes me happy*

@Big_fan
What do you mean by 'selfish?' not safe? and tired?
Sorry, but I want you to expound on it more, because I am interested in knowing more about it! (n_~)

@Isolated Incidence
Hayy.. I feel the same, really! n_n
I smile at the sight of Marimite, it feels me joy I don't know how!

When I entered here, never would I have known all those 'subtle-ness' brings so much meanings!! Never even thought I could relate to it as well, it's so weird.. Yet, so.. touching..

Maria-sama is simply indescribable! It cannot be themed in any simple words, it's just simply 'CLASSIC'!! n_n

@Confessa-san
Yep, lately I felt the same with the 3rd Season, but seeing the 1st OVA and 5th OVA done superbly, I will keep my fingers crossed for 4th season! n_n
There's gotta be a lot waiting for us!
(Also, what probably killed some of our 'otakuness' is the spoilers, lol.. We know already what's gonna happen!)

@Crazy Horse
Yeah! Fanfic! lol! Though me no like R18
Very Un-Marimite like at all -__-
Old 2007-08-26, 11:56   Link #84
disney72
Going Bonklers

to be honest, i dont mind sei being on the R18 department but if goes for yumi and the rest.. i would, most probably, surely, the odds of it happening is high,in everyway FAINT!
Old 2007-08-26, 23:07   Link #85
Confessa
A White Rose

Many fanfics are about SachikoxYumi, and as you might or might not know, I am bored to death by that relationship. I would prefer reading about Sei, Eriko and Youko's relationships with their petite seours.

R18...I don't read that. In fact, I don't read a lot of fanfics at all...I prefer reading the actual thing.
Old 2007-08-28, 02:10   Link #86
big_fan1704

Well, I 'm not good at expressing my feeling, especially in English so maybe I used inexact words like "selfish", "not safe" and... "tired". I think the word "selfish" was not correct because everyone becomes selfish when they 're in love (even in Marimite )

In my opinion, I love the way they influence each other in Marimite like Yumi and Sachiko, just know that the one they love is watching make them stronger, and when they 're sad, they can cry freely on soothing shoulders, feel safe and comfortable, know that there is someone always beliving in them. With me, it 's so sweet.

Last edited by big_fan1704; 2009-08-21 at 14:40.
Old 2007-08-28, 10:02   Link #87
disney72
Going Bonklers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confessa View Post
Many fanfics are about SachikoxYumi, and as you might or might not know, I am bored to death by that relationship. I would prefer reading about Sei, Eriko and Youko's relationships with their petite seours.

R18...I don't read that. In fact, I don't read a lot of fanfics at all...I prefer reading the actual thing.
im bored as hell too... the current yumixsachiko relationship is just too... boring.. im even more impressed with noriko and shimako's relationship..
Old 2007-08-28, 16:47   Link #88
Sarah89

Send a message via MSN to Sarah89
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_fan1704 View Post
Well, I 'm not good at expressing my feeling, especially in English so maybe I used inexact words like "selfish", "not safe" and... "tired". I think the word "selfish" was not correct because everyone becomes selfish when they 're in love (even in Marimite )

In my opinion, I love the way they influence each other in Marimite like Yumi and Sachiko, just know that the one they love is watching make them stronger, and when they 're sad, they can cry freely on soothing shoulders, feel safe and comfortable, know that there is someone always beliving in them. With me, it 's so sweet.

So, the love between a man and a woman is sweet too, but sometimes I feel that it is dangerous... I don't know how to explain my feeling . And when you love a man/woman, you have to think about a wedding and children and so so..., that 's why i feel tired. Maybe you think I 'm such a strange person but with me, have someone to love and miss and know that one feel the same way about me is enough (dun't care if we can't see each other for a long time)
I think this is something I also feel about the series. The portrayal of love is always entirely positive- whether you feel it's romantic in nature or not, it never seems to be 'tainted', if you will, by the tensions that affect love between men and women. Most of these tensions, I would argue, are created by hundreds of years of division between the genders and their 'roles', but that's perhaps going a little off topic. The most rigidly traditional ideas about love are only really present in the (strained) relationship between Sachiko and Suguru; obligations, legalities and so on being more important than the emotional aspects of the engagement. In contrast, all the relationships between women are presented as having a certain purity, innocence, understanding and utter lack of cynicism which I find really refreshing, and very easy to relate to. The 'exclusivity' of females in Marimite is something else that interests me- like a lot of shoujo series, its primary focus is the emotional world of the teenage girl, but in Marimite this is taken a step further, exploring the feelings and bonds amongst girls and women; the kinds of relationships women can have with each other. I don't doubt that this is a major reason why the series is so well-regarded and widely watched amongst female anime fans.
Old 2007-08-28, 18:41   Link #89
farr5792

Have anyone here ever read Hen?
It's about a pretty high school girl who like guys and likewise, even have sex with them but she doesnt love any of them.
One day, there is a transfered girl in her class and she have a strange feeling over this girl. She had to admit that she's more attracted to that girl than any other guys she knew. She begin to think herself as a les but she denied it. I'm not finish read it yet.
So, this manga is like some of us here. We dont know what we are until the time comes. It's kinda like me actually except for the part having sex with guy because i'm a very religious.
Old 2007-08-29, 02:11   Link #90
big_fan1704

I was too sad when Sei, Youko and Eriko graduated, know that it 's a part of life but it made me fell deserted. Anyway, like Sei said: "Meeting and parting comes as a set. Wouldn't it be sad if you tried to ignore love only because you knew one day it would come to an end ".

However, thinking about Sachiko and Rei will graduate soon is really really sad...I can't bear....

@farr5792: I'm downloading that manga
Old 2007-08-29, 11:03   Link #91
disney72
Going Bonklers

err.. i read the manga about 2 hours ago... yeah typical yuri...(i think)

i nearly had nosebleed and my cousin hit coz its like r18.. good thing im 18... hahaha
Old 2007-08-30, 00:22   Link #92
farr5792

I feel nothing.. haha..

I think it's funny.

A bit of hentai + yuri.

disney72, you always had a nosebleed.
Old 2007-08-30, 00:32   Link #93
disney72
Going Bonklers

yeah..... im nosebleed-prone-kind-of-person.. you should see me bump into walls and posts or whatever things you see around standing still. then you'll know what a klutz i am.. the nose bleeding is just a common occurrence of my daily existence... hehehe
Old 2007-08-30, 00:57   Link #94
farr5792

Is it for real? You are as clumsy as Yumi and Azumi Yamada(Hen)
Old 2007-08-30, 07:58   Link #95
disney72
Going Bonklers

yeah for real... i have a really poor sense of balance since i was a kid... yah and im cute.. joke!! coz yumi and azumi are supposed to be cute right?.. hehehe
Old 2007-08-31, 08:35   Link #96
Stephanie

Hello!

@Bigfan
But, isn't it that because you love the person, you will be wiling to go to great lengths and do sacrifices? I think a life without making changes isn't life at all.. Right?
But, maybe, it's your cover for something? The 'not safe/dangerous/selfish'? Love is never selfish at all.. It is pure and unconditional.. Being jealous and stuff are self-love and not considered true love, because you are expecting something in return after all, that's why it's called 'unconditional'..

@Sarah
Nope, it's not off topic, as the title said, "How's MariMite part of your life."
I say, nicely put on why Maria-sama got otakus like me..

Love is positive, yes.. But arguing and fights doesn't really make it negative.. It all 'depends'. A relationship should be two whole individuals looking for a complimentary, not a supplementary.. You're not suppose to look for a partner to complete you, otherwise.. *crumble*

@Farr
I read it, nice.. Though they didn't translate volume 7 and 8 yet..
Though I read the ending that:
Spoiler for Don't say I didn't warn you:

Anyway, this Hen is off topic.. And disney, why don't you post your cute picture
Old 2007-08-31, 09:44   Link #97
disney72
Going Bonklers

are you sure you want to see me???? hehe
Old 2007-08-31, 14:23   Link #98
big_fan1704

Haha Step, long time no see u. I dun't know, maybe I like that relationship more than love , more than friends but less than lovers

@ disney: of course I want to see u
Old 2007-08-31, 23:45   Link #99
Stephanie

Hmm, Maybe you haven't fallen inlove yet..
Well, as for my long absence, my grandma died a few days ago..
Old 2007-09-01, 00:22   Link #100
crazyhorse
Procrastinator

Aww I'm sorry for your loss. Please give your family and your late grandma my deepest respect.