AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-01-27, 08:25   Link #81
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Someone did mention that it's hard for laws to be applied in the towns. So that's why the furniture's dumped in the forest.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-27, 23:13   Link #82
Wandering Soul

Poor Kawaii. I would feel more bad for her if she hadn't brought it all on herself.
Old 2022-02-02, 13:43   Link #83
grecefar

Gropers are an enemy of humanity, worse a groper with money. At least they found a funny way to deal with him.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-02, 19:54   Link #84
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What did I even watch? They forced a molester to molest a dude in order to make him feel bad. It would have made more sense to molest him instead to give him a taste of his own medicine. Of course, they can't legally do that, but I'm pretty sure they couldn't do what they ended up doing either.
Old 2022-02-02, 22:09   Link #85
HandofFate

Yea, I'm not sure what the lesson was in this episode.
And the guy thinks back to when his two seniors bullied him, and he figures they probably did it for his own good..but was it? Seemed like regular bullying to me.
Old 2022-02-03, 08:30   Link #86
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What did I even watch? They forced a molester to molest a dude in order to make him feel bad. It would have made more sense to molest him instead to give him a taste of his own medicine. Of course, they can't legally do that, but I'm pretty sure they couldn't do what they ended up doing either.
Yeah, that was an incredibly stupid development and really makes me question the entire premise, frankly.

Also, Kawai is really a pretty lousy cop.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-03, 11:27   Link #87
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I thought the groper story was stupid, too. And, yes, Kawai seems pretty incompetent and really not seeming to learn very much either.

On the other hand, Fuji-san is on my list for best girl. She'd probably beat me up though.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-03, 12:49   Link #88
Frontier

Poor Kawai. She's so overworked and has a reputation in the department and gets freaked out at the slightest thing. Sometimes I feel like she really should quit this job .

Fuji sometimes seem way too competent and on the ball to just be Kawai's partner. Like they'd probably never catch any criminals if it was just Kawai or Fuji wasn't on patrol .

I guess probably the most realistic thing in this show so far is covering one of the more common (and vile) crimes in Japan with the police having to deal with a groper and the poor girl who was his victim .

See, this is why women usually question female victims instead of a man just barreling in there and asking about their underwear...like, how is that even relevant to the investigation ?

They didn't waste any time establishing how much of a scumbag the groper was, feeling no guilt over what he had done and immediately blaming the girl for it. He's probably lucky Fuji didn't interrogate him first .

I guess if nothing else I have to admire Minamoto committing to playing the victim so they could humiliate the groper in front of a bunch of women and make him realize how terrible he is while Fuji rubs it in his face...also, Minamoto has a nice butt .

Why was Kawai even there? Just to witness this farce? She didn't actually do anything other than be disgusted .

Yamada has gained newfound respect for his seniors and how committed they are to helping him...but yeah, Fuji is kind of sadistic .
Old 2022-02-03, 22:04   Link #89
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Me thinks that was an attempt for good/bad cop.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2022-02-03, 22:09   Link #90
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

The school burglar stakeout story is in the live-action, too. First time in a few weeks I've recognized something. The groper story, thankfully, was not - although there was a different (and better) groper story in its place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Fuji-san is on my list for best girl. She'd probably beat me up though.
That's the problem, though. She's too nice to be someone who was supposedly busted for power harassment.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-04, 00:22   Link #91
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
That's the problem, though. She's too nice to be someone who was supposedly busted for power harassment.
She comes off pretty sadistic and short-tempered to me, especially around her co-workers .
Old 2022-02-04, 08:38   Link #92
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
She comes off pretty sadistic and short-tempered to me, especially around her co-workers .
While she isn't a bad person, she really isn't very nice. As you said, she's definitely sadistic and short-tempered. The gap between her gorgeous appearance and her nasty personality is part of her appeal though.
Old 2022-02-04, 10:12   Link #93
Frontier

Quote:
While she isn't a bad person, she really isn't very nice. As you said, she's definitely sadistic and short-tempered. The gap between her gorgeous appearance and her nasty personality is part of her appeal though.
I think it's a case that she's nice when necessary, like to victims or the citizens she needs to protect (for the most part), but isn't naturally nice to others. Although she does seem to enjoy Kawai's company.
Old 2022-02-04, 13:49   Link #94
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
The gap between her gorgeous appearance and her nasty personality is part of her appeal though.
But that's exactly my problem. She's drawn as some kind of policewaifu, and that doesn't fit the character at all. The montage in the ED, where they're wearing all the typical anime cutesy outfits, grates on me every time.
Old 2022-02-04, 14:42   Link #95
Frontier

Quote:
But that's exactly my problem. She's drawn as some kind of policewaifu, and that doesn't fit the character at all. The montage in the ED, where they're wearing all the typical anime cutesy outfits, grates on me every time.
I don't really see how it doesn't fit the character, it seems like the contrast between her looks and her surface/professional personality is meant to contrast with her actual personality.
Old 2022-02-04, 21:16   Link #96
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I don't really see how it doesn't fit the character, it seems like the contrast between her looks and her surface/professional personality is meant to contrast with her actual personality.
Because this is how I'm used to seeing the character:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-02-04, 21:25   Link #97
Frontier

Quote:
Because this is how I'm used to seeing the character:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
She looks about the same to me, and both seem to be trying to accurately adapt her look from the manga. I guess the biggest difference is her actress here sounds deeper than Yui Ishikawa.
Old 2022-02-08, 22:47   Link #98
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Looks like the manga chapter where everyone working in the Criminal investigation section is doing overtime work is the live-action special episode released via Hulu and Blu-Ray.

Old 2022-02-09, 10:59   Link #99
Frontier

This episode shifts away from policework and focuses more on the officers' personal lives as Fuji and Kawai get ready to attend a mixer and snag a man...and, of course, Kawai has no idea what she's doing .

What are the chances that you'd attend a mixer at the same time your rival co-workers are also attending a mixer? And right next door in fact. And unfortunately the walls are thin so you keep overhearing each others' conversations .

Fuji and Minamoto both call each other out for being workaholics trying to get into a relationship, and end up being the pot calling the kettle black, but Fuji doesn't expect her career to go much farther despite how competent she is and Minamoto just really wants to marry a nurse .

I guess Fuji practices the "downplay the severity of your job so you don't scare the men off" routine while Minamoto and Yamada make themselves out to be action hero police .

But even when they're all off-duty, when they hear a siren and get called in, they all go off back to the station to get to work...it's just too bad it looks like they're respective dates are going to enjoy each others' company .

So the First Division basically drive like maniacs and are causing more problems than they solve, and Minamoto ends up playing to type and going crazy with police power as he drives rough with the captains' car to beat Fuji to the crime scene. And not only does Fuji get there first but it was all for nothing because it was a false alarm. All that damage to the captains' car for nothing .

It was pretty nice to see Maki in a normal suit instead of her jacket .

Well, that's one way to close out the episode with everyone getting fired. Kawai doesn't have to worry about being terrified or running every episode now. Of course it'll probably just be business as usual in the next episode .
Old 2022-02-09, 16:51   Link #100
grecefar

Fun chapter in both cases, but I'm curious if they were really fired or it was just a joke to end the chapter.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action comedy, police, slice of life