AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-10-24, 14:49   Link #81
Tenzen12

That was good twist. I even rewatched that scene.
Old 2021-10-24, 18:00   Link #82
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Very few shows can go from giving you a boner to making you sad in just a few minutes.

What makes the twist with the dad even more sad is that she can't talk to him out of fear the other ghosts find out she can see them. And although he looks normal, I'm not sure he's still completely sane since he acts as if he were alive. He died less than a year ago, it would be horrible if Miko had to watch him slowly turn into a monstrosity.
Old 2021-10-24, 19:15   Link #83
Wandering Soul

That was a pretty well done twist. I wasn't expecting things to take such a sad turn. It's a bit cruel that Miko can still see her father, but can't acknowledge or interact with him
Old 2021-10-24, 20:02   Link #84
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
And although he looks normal, I'm not sure he's still completely sane since he acts as if he were alive.
That's kinda what most of the other ghosts tend to do, he's just being more functional about it, it could be because he only recently died. At any rate it is pretty clear that he's aware of being dead. I wonder if his behavior is so abnormal in the end. If you were forced to live for a year in the same house with your family without being able to interact with anything, persons and objects alike, would you just stay in a corner doing absolutely nothing or end up acting like everything is normal in order to escape the boredom?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-24, 21:12   Link #85
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that was cool a crow stealing that money out of nowhere

Didnt see that twist coming
Old 2021-10-24, 21:34   Link #86
iko_uwais

I remember when I first read the dad chapter in the manga, that was the first sign that this manga can actually tell deeper storyline than just some random ghost scare. I was right.
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-30, 11:12   Link #87
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Manga sales got a high demand for reprint.
Old 2021-10-31, 18:04   Link #88
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm guessing Yuria's misunderstanding won't be cleared up any time soon and will become her source of comedy.

It looks like the ghosts go to the monster to get eaten once they've accomplished their goal. I don't think it was a coincidence that ghost happened to get eaten the day after Miko helped him convey a message to his wife.
Old 2021-10-31, 19:25   Link #89
Gerard07

Hello everyone, I am joining this forum, sorry if my English is bad, I am still learning!
Seen the chapters, I like the story, it has a touch of comedy and a good protagonist, it also seems that it will have emotional moments (like what happened with the father and now the grandmother), although I don't know if there will be. Be romance, wait for more chapters.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-31, 20:51   Link #90
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So finely get a Yuria story and what she about like seeing those things like Miko dose but only the lesser ones

So very nice the way Miko helping out Grandma like that
Old 2021-11-01, 00:03   Link #91
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Is the giant apparition that's gobbling up other ghosts some kind of gateway to reincarnation or eternal torment?
Old 2021-11-01, 08:14   Link #92
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Who knows, the "other side" is left purposely incomprehensible and absurd. I'd be inclined to think that when ghosts are absolutely horrifying and demented monsters there isn't really a very high chance of something nice like "reincarnation" being true.

But then again we have seen a few rare ghosts that look normal, so maybe it's only those who remains and don't pass on for a long while that become monsters. Still even in that case if I'd have to hazard a theory, I'd say that those ghosts that Miko sees are unable to pass on to the afterlife and stay on Earth in a cursed state. So some of them decide to get eaten by that "thing" in order to simply cease to exist, which is horrifying and certainly not as good as it would be if they went to paradise, or reached nirvana or whatever is the afterlife, but still preferable to them than to haunt the mortal realm endlessly and pointlessly.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-01, 12:46   Link #93
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Is the giant apparition that's gobbling up other ghosts some kind of gateway to reincarnation or eternal torment?
Maybe it is a part of some sort of "ghost ecosystem", like a stationary predator who eats the kinda ghosts who can't move on but also no longer wish to roam the earth. Like you would except the Grandfather to pass on after being able to tell his wife the combination for her safe and within it, her sanity, as she regained it with the gift, but he didn't and chose to be eaten the next day which he could have done ages ago as well but didn't because of his wife.

There seems to be more to "passing on peacefully" than just being able to deal with her regrets or grudges.

First party was good, Yulia was adorable, poor girl saw ghosts her whole life and nobody believed her. She must feel incredible lonely. And then she finally finds someone who can also see ghosts like her and yet that girl almost kills her, lol. Too bad Yulia seems to be able to see the harmless ones but not the real big creepers. Though it seems she saw a hazy glimpse of the square head dude shortly before she was choked out by Miko. Near death experience heightening one's "other eye"power? If so why was Miko able to see so clearly from one day to another?

Second part was very good. Grandma was scary on the stairs, poor Miko must have had an heart attack when her arm got grabbed. XD
Miko is such a good girl, when she isn't choking out twintail lolis, carrying that grandma all the way home. Grandma seems to not know her name or recognize her daughter but at least she knew where she lives. The grandpa spirit showing up when Miko lit up her smartphone must have been another scare to the poor girl, especially with him muttering the safe combination into her ear and into the grandma.
It was sweet how he thanked her before he stumbled off, he sounded pretty exhausted but thankful. Not all creepy spirits seem to be bad ones. Though why he had to stand next day in "that" line, I understand as much as Miko does which is nothing at all, lol.

The show seems to be pretty popular in Japan, from what I heard it is always trending top5 in Japanese twitter whenever a new episode airs. And if the volumes get reprinted then a 2nd season might not be just a hopeful dream.
Old 2021-11-01, 19:48   Link #94
Wandering Soul

So Miko finally meets someone else that can see ghosts too, unfortunately Yuira can't the stronger ones and thinks Miko is an enemy. Looks like Miko needs to look elsewhere for help.
Old 2021-11-07, 17:52   Link #95
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Ghost eating ghosts scene was disturbing.
3 times, 3 times, 3 times.
Yeah, you screwed up when you said "I'll do anythinig" while praying...

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2021-11-07 at 18:17.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-07, 18:48   Link #96
Kazu-kun

So Hana's life energy can cook small ghosts. That's interesting. But let's not forget there was a ghost groping Hana's boobs a few episodes back, so her aura doesn't really harm or repel big ghosts. It only works on small fries.
Old 2021-11-07, 18:54   Link #97
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hana is so hot her body can be used as a barbecue. I actually wonder if that ghost was planning to eat her eventually or if he was really just using her massive aura to cook his meals. It was disturbingly funny.

Miko might have goofed. Hard to tell what "three times" means. Maybe it's not a bad thing. Yeah, right. Nothing good ever happens to the poor girl.
Old 2021-11-07, 19:13   Link #98
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Probably, they granted her 3 protections from especially scary ghosts untill she has to pay the prcice (whichever it is). And I presume Hanas aura at least protects her from actual harm even if bigger ghosts can touch her, but who knows.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-07, 19:21   Link #99
Xical
Phantom User

History is really starting now.
Old 2021-11-07, 20:40   Link #100
Gerard07

Seen the chapter, Hana seems to be able to repel ghosts a bit, although she also seems to attract large ghosts, and Miko received help in the Sanctuary, she will have to wait to see what "3 times" means, to wait. the next chapter.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, horror