Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-10-28, 07:42   Link #81
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
This is two cour right? Any chance they can do all 11 volumes of part 1 in two cours?
No way. The first three episodes have only covered the first volume.
Old 2022-10-28, 14:37   Link #82
James Rye

Power is adorable af. <3
I can see why Makima sees Denji as an interesting pup, a devil who scares other devils surely is a useful tool.
Old 2022-10-28, 15:02   Link #83
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Officially one, but almost universally acknowledged to have a second cour coming. Originally was leaked as a two/split-cour but MAPPA is backed up as always, so the production committee hasn’t committed to a date for the 2nd cour yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
No way. The first three episodes have only covered the first volume.
Thanks! Good to know.

Also, I wish Viz wouldn't take you to the most recent volume of a manga when you search for a title on their site. T_T Mildly spoiled myself.
Old 2022-11-01, 11:46   Link #84
EroKing

Episode 4

Really loving the complex plot to this show.

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 05:46.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-01, 17:59   Link #85
grecefar

I can even tell the animation is movie budget in some parts.

I liked that denji called bullshit at those who trash-talk his dreams, just because you have the fancy dream of revenge or protect people doesn't allow you to talk about his.

His dream may be small but it is his dream.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-01, 18:56   Link #86
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was not the voice I expected for the Fox Devil but it actually fits, for various reasons.

Spending so much time and care showing us Aki's quiet daily morning routine was brilliant. Now that Power also lives here, he will never be able to enjoy such peace again. He thought having Denji as a roommate was bad, now he's finding out just how good he had it.
Old 2022-11-01, 20:01   Link #87
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This show really is odd. But it definitely isn't bad. Will just continue taking in the strange journey of Denji's breast groping mission. Much like how suffering is suffering, dreams are dreams. It may not be the grandest dream in history, but he's motivated enough by it so why not?

Talk about how no good deed goes unpunished. Aki does go out of his way to both save Denji and protect him and Power from consequences. And his punishment is having to live with the two lunatics. I think losing some skin to that fox devil is the least painful thing he's had to put up with in all this .

The characters are all weird. But at least Power is cute so that does go a long way.
Old 2022-11-01, 20:41   Link #88
Decel

I appreciate the contagious energy. Power does bring some upbeat tempo that contrasts well Aki's persona. That ED fits her well, and to me would come second to the previous ED for the series.

I hope there's some overarching plotline coming up, or else it kinda feels like a slice-of-life, which isn't bad, but isn't what I expected from the get-go.
Old 2022-11-01, 23:37   Link #89
Frontier

It's nice to see that Power was able to find Meowy and a kind of comfort and love beyond killing and harvesting blood, and in turn Denji was able to save both of them. For the sake of boobs !

Just when you thought they were done...here comes the Leech Devil! And it seems like she and the Bat Devil had a thing which is...not something I really want to think about .

Gotta admire how Denji, who can't even go full Chainsaw Man, was still willing to fight until the bitter end all for the sake of his dream of fondling Powers' boobs !

Kon! Aki finally gets his time to shine and saves both Denji and Power along with his full team (was not expecting Mariya Ise here)! Also his contracted Fox Devil has a beautiful voice !

It's funny they talked about Power getting arrested last episode and she ends up in handcuffs here, but Denji covering for her manages to get her out of serious trouble. It also helps that it seems like Denji's heroics, intentional or otherwise (and not killing the dude whose car he threw) has nabbed him some brownie points with Aki. Also that flawless apple carving !

"We're not here to make friends." What Aki should've said instead is that they're not here to make roommates .

Aki trying to look good before meeting Makima was adorable .

Aki with his hair down and doing his morning routine had no business looking as good as it did. Like, it felt straight out of a movie .

Power has now joined the pair as their new housemate! And the only thing Denji and Aki can collectively agree on is how terrible it is to live with Power because she's so wild, feral, and does whatever the heck she wants. But then she wouldn't be Power otherwise .

Oh right, Denji earned three boob fondles! Power proudly proclaiming that, while blushing at his heroics while sitting on a toilet is quite the visual. And leaving the audience hanging like Denji .

Power ED! It was really cute and very Power! Especially with all the cosplays! I almost wish Ai Fairouz had gotten to sing it .
Old 2022-11-02, 07:59   Link #90
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
I hope there's some overarching plotline coming up, or else it kinda feels like a slice-of-life, which isn't bad, but isn't what I expected from the get-go.
All I'm going to tell you is that the hints to the overarching plotline are there. They're pretty subtle, though.
Old 2022-11-02, 13:47   Link #91
James Rye

3 squeezes after all that work and you're okay with it, Denji? Oh well, if he is happy with it. Who needs self-respect anyway, it won't get you boobie squeezes. xD
Being Aki is suffering, two Fiends in his house and after the greedy, lazy one he gets the unreasonable, stinky one. His mental health will never recover. xD
Old 2022-11-02, 18:41   Link #92
Decel

His mental health instantly recovered after Boss-sama said she entrusted him with those two dimwits.
Old 2022-11-04, 13:08   Link #93
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was not the voice I expected for the Fox Devil but it actually fits, for various reasons.

Spending so much time and care showing us Aki's quiet daily morning routine was brilliant. Now that Power also lives here, he will never be able to enjoy such peace again. He thought having Denji as a roommate was bad, now he's finding out just how good he had it.
It was funny seeing him and Denji agree on something for once.
Old 2022-11-04, 19:59   Link #94
Wandering Soul

For all of Denji's flaws, he wasn't going out of his way to be a bad roommate. He was more ignorant than malicious. The same can't be said for Power.
Old 2022-11-05, 09:00   Link #95
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
For all of Denji's flaws, he wasn't going out of his way to be a bad roommate. He was more ignorant than malicious. The same can't be said for Power.
And Power is, like, just that bad .
Old 2022-11-05, 19:43   Link #96
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not flushing the toilet is a big NOPE.

I remain a Makimadog.
Old 2022-11-08, 12:31   Link #97
Frontier

It's time! The long-awaited moment has arrived! Denji is finally going to cop a feel on Powers' breasts! Except...she uses padding. Proudly so. And while she's giddy at a boob feeling done well, Denji is left with an existential crisis about the boobs he worked so hard to feel up .

Of course, the best person to get Denji out of his funk is Makima who basically seduces him again and lets him feel her body and even gives him a finger bite for good measure. And Makima's boobs? They're the real deal .

The Gun Devil popped up in America? That checks out. And it sounds like a pretty monstrous and dangerous Devil, especially with all the people it killed. But that pales in comparison to the promise of anything (including sex) Denji will get from Makima if he manages to slay it! So our protagonist now has a new goal .

Although Aki has his own reasons for hunting the Gun Devil...he was kind of stoic and standoffish even as a kid, but the one moment where he and his sickly little brother actually started bonding, the Gun Devil came in and wiped his entire family away in seconds. That's pretty rough .

At least Aki knows that Denji and Power are like rowdy kids and the best way to get rowdy kids in line is to give them candy .

Himeno seems fun! When she's not all over Kobeni she's making things interesting by offering up a free kiss for a dead Devil. And if Denji thinks he's too principally loyal to Makima to give up his first kiss, a promise of tongue is enough to get him back to being eager and horny .

Arai seems like he's more emotionally invested in that cheek kiss than he lets on meanwhile Kobeni seems like she wants to be anywhere but there even if supposedly she has potential. Although she might want to be careful lest she pee in her pants at the rate things are going .

Himeno's not one to be messed around with though! Power shouldn't be threatening her subordinates willy-nilly !

That head-hand Devil was pretty disgusting, but it looks like the real Devil has control of the hotel and is keeping them locked on the eighth floor .

ED 5! Pretty stylistic and chaotic as per usual, but very focused on Himeno and her team and the groups' current situation. We also got centaur Himeno with her boobs hanging out and a lot of demonic imagery .
Old 2022-11-08, 13:33   Link #98
EroKing

Episode 5

Makima isn't a woman. She is a religion. The way she just manipulates Denji but also gives him a decent amount of service easily makes her the hottest woman religion this year.

That may also just be the greatest hand holding scene in an anime. There were so many little things in that short 2 minutes. Her light "hmph" and then followed by what could also have been impulsive by Makima, to make sure Denji remains her loyal dog and keeps away from other girls/women.

Himeno is an interesting character as well. Holy hell, I was hornier than Denji just watching this...
God DAMN. Wish THIS was released by Netflix and we would have gotten the whole show dumped in a day. Waiting till next week is not going to be easy each week

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 05:43.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-08, 13:39   Link #99
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Religion 'huh.

Well, Makima sure knew how to keep Denji in control.

Old 2022-11-08, 15:05   Link #100
grecefar

Gun devil, that was quite the introduction and it got me interested.

Born because the 9/11 and killed 1.2 millons people including aki's parents and little brother.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, horror