4 out of 10 : Poor 2 5.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 8.11%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-25, 12:54   Link #81
GDB

Who cares about the other 96-97% if all we ever see is the 3-4% that worship him? Sorry, I'm paying attention to the characters that are shown, not the ones who exist only because we were given a statistic that says they exist.

Also, don't forget that Jesus was crucified in the Bible, so it's not like he didn't have enemies. And not sure how you got "he's like Satan" when he hasn't gone around corrupting people or trying to kill people...
Old 2014-06-25, 13:08   Link #82
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Who cares about the other 96-97% if all we ever see is the 3-4% that worship him? Sorry, I'm paying attention to the characters that are shown, not the ones who exist only because we were given a statistic that says they exist.

Also, don't forget that Jesus was crucified in the Bible, so it's not like he didn't have enemies. And not sure how you got "he's like Satan" when he hasn't gone around corrupting people or trying to kill people...
Maybe you missed watching half of the enrollment arc?Or the scene with Aoki and his father?The scene during the engineer selection?The scene with Izumi?

LN Spoiler territory to answer your question.Hmm but Satan might not be right,a lower demon probably might describe him best
Old 2014-06-25, 13:11   Link #83
GDB

Don't give a damn about any LN spoilers, as this is the anime section. As such, I'm basing it off the anime. No-names who have a couple of seconds of air time don't matter either. 90% of the series covers only the small cast we have, and they're constantly praising him.
Old 2014-06-25, 13:17   Link #84
zerozeronine

Quote:
Don't give a damn about any LN spoilers, as this is the anime section. As such, I'm basing it off the anime. No-names who have a couple of seconds of air time don't matter either. 90% of the series covers only the small cast we have, and they're constantly praising him.
Morisaki has a name,Aoki,Tatsorou (the father),Hattori,Izumi....
Old 2014-06-25, 13:29   Link #85
guestuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
Morisaki has a name,Aoki,Tatsorou (the father),Hattori,Izumi....
also dont forget katsuto and suzune their stoic face dont seem like they really care about tatsuya achievement.
Old 2014-06-25, 13:40   Link #86
kagato3

You do realize the so called praise is from high school students that are saying his engineering ablity is near professional levels or that he is a good fighter without knowing he is a trained soldier and a professional engineer. He seems more impressive to them because all they know is that he should be a normal course 2 student that has no ties to anything. He is doing a reather poor job at keeping his cover up.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2014-06-25, 13:56   Link #87
maplehurry

Quote:
Hmm but Satan might not be right,a lower demon probably might describe him best
Well, power level is relative in each different series. Krillin would be OP in Kenichi, but pretty crappy in dragonball Z.
Old 2014-06-25, 14:01   Link #88
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
You do realize the so called praise is from high school students that are saying his engineering ablity is near professional levels or that he is a good fighter without knowing he is a trained soldier and a professional engineer. He seems more impressive to them because all they know is that he should be a normal course 2 student that has no ties to anything. He is doing a reather poor job at keeping his cover up.
That's nice. Too bad he's also praised by the other members of his Taurus Silver company, the military, and pretty much anyone who is willing to look beyond the lack of an emblem on his chest.

Still doesn't change that he's praised for the vast majority of the series. It's not like he's praised once every now and then, but it's many times every episode.
Old 2014-06-25, 14:06   Link #89
maplehurry

Isn't it usually the chicks (who's got hots for him) who praised him most often ?

That's basically how they would behave as long as they are not tsundere.
Old 2014-06-25, 14:17   Link #90
Ickarium

Yes. How dare a talented main character get praised. *rolls eyes* That NEVER happens.
Old 2014-06-25, 14:18   Link #91
GDB

They can get praised, but excuse me for not enjoying hearing him get praised about 5 times from different people every episode. Sometimes subtlety and "showing, not saying" are good things.
Old 2014-06-25, 14:48   Link #92
kagato3

Quote:
They can get praised, but excuse me for not enjoying hearing him get praised about 5 times from different people every episode. Sometimes subtlety and "showing, not saying" are good things.
And again the vast majority of those are either people who have no idea of what he is really capable of (anyone at school) or Miyuki, who has over praising her brother as a character trait and is the main reason he hasn't been very successful at keeping a low profile. If the students knew he was Silver his level of performance would be expected they don't know so are very impressed.

I don't remember anyone in the military praising him other then the father of the brain washed girl and that was him thanking him for helping her out of the situation. Not exactly blind praise.

as for the company Tatsuya is both thier boss ,the son of a VC, and bringing in a major break through on their work, of course they are going to be positive to him and what they were doing was not exactly praise either.

there is also their aunt who is not a no name as she is the head of one of the 10 clans seems to see him as just a useful tool.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2014-06-25, 14:54   Link #93
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
Yes. How dare a talented main character get praised. *rolls eyes* That NEVER happens.
Yes and he is the few male MC's that actually deserved being praised
Old 2014-06-25, 15:20   Link #94
maplehurry

Quote:
Yes and he is the few male MC's that actually deserved being praised
Well, at this point, it's another case of complain due to personal preference even if the content makes sense. (another example being the infamous "endless 8" being 8 episodes long even though it makes "perfect sense".)
Old 2014-06-25, 16:02   Link #95
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

For me personally, those scenes aren't just about 'everyone praising Tatsuya', they also tell me more about what CADs are and how they work. There's Hattori being out-of-sorts, such that he and his engineer will be tinkering with the CAD all day to try and make it work for him again; Tatsuya seems to be working on the CADs for his competitors until the last minute; then there's Shizuku asking him to work for her family, presumably as an engineer/for CAD calibration (like he does for Miyuki). This all confirms that even small changes in a magician's mood, well-being etc etc can affect whether the CAD will perform for them or not, and that, unlike traditional conceptions of magic using wands (c.f. Harry Potter), an engineer can make direct adjustments to compensate for those changes.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2014-06-25 at 16:12.
Old 2014-06-25, 19:48   Link #96
rladls2121

Speaking of Morisaki Shun, what is he even doing right now?
I wonder what sports is he going to compete?
Since he is a first year rookie, his repetition of Morisaki name might not end well after this competition.
He was being overconfident about being a "Bloom" and condemning people for being "Weeds".
But I rather want Morisaki to keep his overconfidence until the end.
Old 2014-06-25, 20:15   Link #97
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Well, if it is 5xpraise from a single person about one single thing, i can understand your complaint.

But from different people and even about different things? Your feedback is not really that convincing.

To make it to your liking, something like this will happen:" Hey dude, the other guy who-you-don't-know already praised Tatsuya. You must not praise him even he is actually doing something awesome. Don't even ask the reason why you must do so *cough* for the anime viewers' entertainment who you aren't even aware of. Oh, you are an anime character BTW, you are not real!*cough*."
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-

Last edited by bietchie11; 2014-06-26 at 01:50.
Old 2014-06-25, 20:20   Link #98
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Speaking of Morisaki Shun, what is he even doing right now?
I wonder what sports is he going to compete?
Since he is a first year rookie, his repetition of Morisaki name might not end well after this competition.
He was being overconfident about being a "Bloom" and condemning people for being "Weeds".
But I rather want Morisaki to keep his overconfidence until the end.
He's also a competitor just so you know. He is one of the most talented freshman after Miyuki. I'm fairly confident the anime will include his scene and I can guarantee you'll love it.
Old 2014-06-25, 20:45   Link #99
rladls2121

"After Miyuki"?
I thought it was Mikihiko.
Oh, I see it is practical area, not paper test, not analatical.
All Morisaki is seen in fighting was just pointing his CAD gun towards Leo and a car covered with fire after all.

But seriously, this Tatsuya character is going to get overrated as the time flies.
Tatsuya's smoothness, just how far he is going to be praised until satisfaction?

Last edited by rladls2121; 2014-06-25 at 21:15.
Old 2014-06-25, 21:14   Link #100
rladls2121

I'm thinking Tatsuya gets praised every time.
Unless, Miyuki harden Tatsuya's smoothness, what Tatsuya does what he does best is inevitable 100%.

In the end, there is no end to Tatsuya's praises.
Until satisfaction, Tatsuya's smoothness will go on.
I have to admit though, he smoothness is something.
Closed Thread