AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2008-01-22, 08:41   Link #81
wao
OK.

It would be really bizarre, I think, for them to do that just because you write that you're American in the description... I doubt your location or IP has much to do with it.

I'm pretty sure that not every copyright holder is equally strict, because it's their choice to submit a request for the video to be removed, but Perfume... I don't know, I never really followed any of the Perfume vids on nico because I don't like them much (my preferred flavour of Yasutaka Nakata is pre-2006 capsule tyvm)...

But I have seen various Perfume vids deleted here and there so it might just be possible that they've been deleting various other people singing the karaoke as well since technically it is copyright violation.

Coincidentally enough today I also got the first deletion notice from the site - for some TokiKake AMV (made by someone else)
Old 2008-01-23, 01:46   Link #82
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
It would be really bizarre, I think, for them to do that just because you write that you're American in the description... I doubt your location or IP has much to do with it.

I'm pretty sure that not every copyright holder is equally strict, because it's their choice to submit a request for the video to be removed, but Perfume... I don't know, I never really followed any of the Perfume vids on nico because I don't like them much (my preferred flavour of Yasutaka Nakata is pre-2006 capsule tyvm)...

But I have seen various Perfume vids deleted here and there so it might just be possible that they've been deleting various other people singing the karaoke as well since technically it is copyright violation.

Coincidentally enough today I also got the first deletion notice from the site - for some TokiKake AMV (made by someone else)
If I may ask a question: I'm in the process of making a doujin drama CD for an upcoming event (puri fea "Pretty Fair" Yes! Pretty Cure 5 only event), and as part of the CD we'll be including english dubbed opening and ending and insert songs (as well as an original radio drama).
Although all doujin is copyright violation, do you think including those tracks on the CD would be taking things beyond the area where the companies overlook it?
Considering it's an english cover of the song, I would hope there would be a bit more leeway than doing a straight japanese version.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 06:46   Link #83
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Quote:
I missed it on the 21st... I wonder who the other artistes will be, I kinda hope gazelle would be in it as I loved her rendition of Melt despite what the fanbois say. Then again if she gets featured the flamers will be ugly to see...
I really want to hear her sing, I prefer women vocalists. So I want to hear her, but I can't find any of her songs. Is her name in english or katakana?

@Quarkboy
I wish I knew more so I could help you, but it seems that it doesn't matter that its english or not. When I did my songs, I did (one of them) in english. It was fully english with english lyrics made by me, but the translation was by someone else. They still axed mine. So I don't think it being english would get you more leeway. I think it they were cracking down it, it wouldn't matter how much of the original is in english. But if they are letting japanese ones slide, then I think they will let your slide, if they are cracking down on japanese ones, they are probably going to be cracking down on yours well. If they were cracking down on the japanese ones and let yours slide, that would make a lot of people angry... But of course I know nothing about copyrights, let wao help you.

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 06:52   Link #84
wao
OK.

I'm under the impression that if you do work that's distributed physically and in actual one-time events they seem to overlook it a lot more... though really I wouldn't know, I've never even considered dabbling in this area.
Old 2008-01-23, 10:15   Link #85
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
I'm under the impression that if you do work that's distributed physically and in actual one-time events they seem to overlook it a lot more... though really I wouldn't know, I've never even considered dabbling in this area.
Yeah, I was talking more about whether it violated one of those "unwritten rules" that doujinshi circles seems to follow about things (like, not simply copying official art for anything)
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 21:51   Link #86
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

I have a question about this clip. I have heard the audio from this clip being stretched before, I'm wondering what the audio is from. It sounds spanish, plus they keep saying cco, its funny as hell, but I don't know what they are talking about.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1236861

And if you also know, what version of zelda lttp is this? It looks heavily modded, but was it modded on the virtual console?

Old 2008-01-27, 03:09   Link #87
wao
OK.

Oh NOS!! You have stumbled on yet another illegitimate bastard of Rurouni Kenshin... I mean, Futae no Kiwami AAH (that is almost taking on a parallel universe of its own).

I don't know about the Zelda bit, but if you're wondering about the audio then it all starts from this evil video where some guy compared one scene from Rurouni Kenshin in different languages. Combine the general lack of foreign-language understanding on niconico and the easy creation of mock subtitles to create "heard words" (soramimi), you have a gigantic meme that comes back every other day to AAH you in the butt. This is one of the references included in the name of that official Lucky Star remix CD.

The original video was gut-burstingly hilarious due to the extremely crappy dubbing, ridiculous moves and nonsensical lines concurrently playing through what was supposed to be a Serious Battle Fight, and the wonderful memories of Sanosuke's English seiyuu's most wonderful delivery of the line "Futae no Kiwami, aaah!"... so much so that people have taken the liberty to add it in pretty much every song/situation imaginable. (Including a parody of Eva episode 1.) There is even a wiki dedicated entirely to this meme. Frankly speaking, it's annoying, but nobody's going to stop. (My personal favourite is Futae x Konayuki - the modifications of the pictures were just hilarious. Oh Houji, I didn't think you were so good at making snowmen )

So the video you linked is just another byproduct of too much time and not enough Kiwami in the world. If you want to figure out all the mis-heard words here is a convenient list of the original lines and their corresponding soramimi - I will never forget the most creative use of "売れんかいな" and MEKEMO (me quemo). But you might as well watch the original clip while you're at it.
Old 2008-01-28, 15:31   Link #88
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

I personally think its amazing how they get the music and the audio to match. "Futae no Kiwami, aaah!"= best line ever. When I watched the original vid, I was laughing so hard. Its really funny. CCO is hilarious too. Your favorite, the konoyuki, does that mean powder snow? I think my girlfriend send me that song.

My my you are resourceful. You are extremely knowledgeable. How did you get to learn so much of nico's culture? Do you have any vids to recommend to me?

Old 2008-01-28, 22:46   Link #89
wao
OK.

Konayuki means powder snow, yes. It's the famous theme song of the J-drama 1 Litre of Tears, if I'm not mistaken, and the original really is a nice song by Remioromen. I quite like it myself.

If you like that song I recommend this particular 忙しい人のために (for busy people) version of it. The busy people thing really hit its stride, I think, when this guy uploaded a whole load of songs that have been pared down "for busy people", but end up sounding completely hilarious because the song takes on a totally different meaning. Now there are more than 2000 videos uploaded along this line. Some of them derive their humour factor from a sort of surreal experience - a famous song etched in many people's brains becomes a brusque, in-your-face summary.
But usually it's only funny if you understand Japanese, or at least the original song's meaning.
Some of my favourites are:
We Are (I can't remember the original anymore, I keep thinking 個人的な荒らしは(・∀・)イイ!! every time I listen to it now),
Gatchaman no Uta
(Tocchaman! Yucchaman! JICCHAMAAAAN),
Tatakae! Casshern (kyakyakya~n),
this version of Aitsu koso ga Tennis no Oujisama (he's not looking at everyone's games!),
Asu he no Houkou
(Your life is a red Tanaka.), and
Kono Ki Nan no Ki (Hitachi's company song - the original vid got deleted, but it's too good to stay gone! It's a pity the comment spam has become really crappy; the screen full of "木ですから!!##(激怒" and spam of water/fire/oil/makka na chikai was what made it so memorable.)

As for how I know whatever I know about nico culture (I won't say it's that much) - chalk it up to being a loser who spends more time on pointless videos than meaningful activities like homework and scholarly sites. If that wasn't obvious enough. I bet you there are some users on this forum who know more than me and have been there longer.

If you want to learn more about the memes and history of niconico, try watching the videos that compile the popular weekly videos - it's a good reflection of what's popular around that time. I warn you, some of them are pretty long even if they only show excerpts of videos, but it's faster than spending a year on niconico and learning things that way There's been so many booms and sub-booms... Sometimes you just find out when you stumble across a really popular video and realise there are many similar ones. I've been exposed to a lot of things I normally wouldn't have watched, like some of the most awesome custom Mario maps and gameplay videos (the guy who uploaded the famous 友人シリーズ has the highest total viewership count as a person, I think) and insane crack AMVs of Yugioh of all things...
Old 2008-01-28, 23:02   Link #90
mandarb916

Not sure if this has been posted, but:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm456030

Hare Hare Yukai + Motteke Sailor Fuku...really well done :P
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 04:29   Link #91
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Who ever linked us to the NicoNico Greasemonkey scripts? They don't work anymore (We can get them, but they don't work). I keep getting 403 Forbidden while trying to pull the flv's from NicoNico.

Last edited by HashiriyaR32; 2008-01-31 at 12:54.
HashiriyaR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 09:10   Link #92
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

The script I linked to still works.
Old 2008-02-01, 16:17   Link #93
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

@wao

After watching your videoes, i quickly realized the extent of my japanese, lol. The only think that was funny to me was prince of tennis, but that was mostly because of previous prince of tennis jokes I've seen (prince of penis for example). But yea As someone commented on before I have excellent wapanese... I've only been studying a year and am only on 3rd grade kanji, so needless to say, I could not get many of the jokes.

But I was going to buy the box set of gatchaman, your video reminded me. gatchaman looked so cool to me.

I have been sick all this week so I haven't been on nico at all. But I'll start looking at top rankings page more often.

But those custom mario maps and that really hard versions of super mario world, so awesome. I saw a music vid of nothing but mario sounds as he transversed through a stage it was amazing. I would try to find it, but I know I won't be able to..., looked for a while and could not find it, but I saw some interesting custom maps. This one stood out the most to me (well mine were all super mario world, not original super mario)
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm446945

I love the yugi-vids, they make me laugh so hard. Yugioh and prince of tennis will get me chuckling almost every time without fail...

Well do you have any other bits of nico culture you would like to share?

Last edited by jigenbakuda; 2008-02-01 at 16:54.
Old 2008-02-02, 01:36   Link #94
wao
OK.

Whoops, of course I had meant to say Super Mario World, not the original Mario (there's only so much you can do with the original, after all)

Seriously, I've never played a single second of Mario in my life but I just LOVE watching these videos because I can't believe how creative some of these map makers are. The most famous guy only recently went into a game creator school or something, I think, which means he must've been pretty young too.

There's a few tags worth checking out if you are interested:

1. Mario mods (改造マリオ)
Personally, I only watch the Super Mario World ones, and that's a lot of win and awesome as it is. You can use this tag to check out the first episode of many series - but you can't talk about Mario mods without having watched the two legendary Yuujin series. I love them; they're probably the most viewed series of Mario videos on the site.
There are too many good ones to mention but I was particularly impressed by this one by another guy, as he incorporated Auto-Mario in the second half; speaking of which...

2. Automatic Mario (自動マリオ)
The stage level is designed exactly such that you don't need to move Mario at all (for some you need to press some key the whole way, those are called 半自動 or semi-auto). You probably can't play some of these any other way, unless you're this guy (he wasn't told they were supposed to be auto).
Recommend:
Spoiler:

3. Automatic Mario Sequencer (自動マリオシーケンサ)
Like Automatic Mario except it's made to go along with a song, sometimes including in-jokes related to it.
Recommend:
Spoiler for cut for space:

4. Mario Paint/Mario Sequencer (マリオシーケンサー)
I don't think this needs explanation Just remember that some keys cannot be played - not like that's stopped people from doing even the kumikyoku with it. If you've watched that VIP SENSEI video with the silent film scenes and that Mario song and they've pasted a pixelated face on it, that's Affun from Mario Paint. Everybody loves Affun.

Some things handy to know while watching Mario vids:
  • Detteiu (でっていう) refers to Yoshi, because apparently it sounds like "detteiu" when Mario gets on him.
  • Yoshi is a bit of a joke; creators like to either abuse him (disposable dragon!) or make him Mario's best buddy.
  • Expect people to go "Sa~da~ Masashi~" during the castle BGM. I think this one's the origin of it.
  • When it's cut off halfway it's called "SadaKyan" (Sada Cancel)
  • There are lots of idiots who like making up lyrics for the BGM; the most accepted ones are "Eki no home de zupponpon" (for the upbeat ragtime-like one) and "NEET ga ippai niconico douga" (for the happy normal one). Oh, and "Nippon Telecom" during a part of the latter BGM. The rest should just shut up.
  • Koumei (孔明) refers to those hidden blocks that look like [\ /]. Don't panic, it's a trap of Koumei!
  • 升 means チート which means cheat. Also, ignore everyone thinking they're funny by pretending that TAS is actually a person (preferably german)

Last edited by wao; 2008-02-02 at 04:00.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 04:24   Link #95
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
[*]Koumei (孔明) refers to those hidden blocks that look like [\ /]. Don't panic, it's a trap of Koumei!
孔明の罠

This is a reference to a manga series in the 1970s to 1980s called Sangokushi, which is based on the Chinese classic novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

If you're familiar with the stories, Zhuge Liang is well known for his skills as a master strategist for the Kingdom of Shu. While his arch-rival in the Kingdom of Wei is Sima Yi.

In Yokoyama's manga, everytime Zhuge Liang devises a scheme for the Wei troops to fall in, the ever vigilant Sima Yi would always cut in and say "Beware! This could be a trap by Komei!" (Komei refers to Kong Ming, Zhuge Liang's second name)

This phrase was used so many times that it's become popular with the 2ch denizens and now niconico users and now refers to anything that looks like one thing, but is actually something else in disguise.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 10:25   Link #96
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Quote:
Whoops, of course I had meant to say Super Mario World, not the original Mario (there's only so much you can do with the original, after all)

Seriously, I've never played a single second of Mario in my life but I just LOVE watching these videos because I can't believe how creative some of these map makers are. The most famous guy only recently went into a game creator school or something, I think, which means he must've been pretty young too.
Well I will comment on the videos later, but I'm a big mario whore. I played super mario world to death. Can skip to boswer from donut land. Beat special, cleared every level, was the first of my friends to realize the sunken ship was from mario 3... I lov super mario world, the music was top notch, everything was spectacular, great game even today. But I did not know about cheats and glitches back in the early 90's, I was just a kid, so I never did anything glitchy, but I did most things in the regular game...

Old 2008-02-04, 05:29   Link #97
Ikusabe_Wataru
orooooo

Whoever made that downloading script for niconico is god *_*

Is it possible to download the video w/ the comments intact?
Ikusabe_Wataru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 07:07   Link #98
wao
OK.

Hahaha, holy shit - on the topic of great Mario vids there's a recent series combining two popular genres on niconico into one:

Yugioh x Mario! It's more play videos of modified Mario maps except it's as if Kaiba made the map and made Yami(/ATM/whatever) play it with all sorts of annoying funny annoying funny narration clips taken from the anime. It's really hilarious, and the maps are good to boot.

Here's the first one, but be careful not to watch it during "Economy" periods as the audio desyncs. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1931738

And the second one: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2198837

Pretty fun watching these. Well then again, I only got to enjoy Yugioh jokes entirely thanks to the myriad of evil, bad, nasty, horrible, dastardly infectious Yugioh videos on niconico... Friends don't let friends get hooked onto the most silly Yugioh videos around.
Old 2008-02-04, 17:07   Link #99
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2084685

Mario vs Airman (with Airman won't be defeated theme song)
Sister Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 15:54   Link #100
Nagato
幻想郷

I hope here is the right thread for this. I accidentally (really) found Yuri Seiyu series in niyaniya, currently till part15 http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/4049494.
Most ( if not all) of it are from the anime web radio.

The most famous seiyu for this are called 百合声優四天王 (The Four Devas of Yuri Seiyu), Ueda Kana, Nabatame Hitomi, Matsuki Miyu who like girls, and Noto Mamiko who are the most popular among them (female seiyu); yeah, Noto Mamiko is a lady's killer . Recently there's Itou Shizuoka appeared in the stage, and I think She's the most popular now. Is this also the reasons why she's selected as Shinra's VA??

Links: Four Devas of Yuri Seiyu
Yuri remarks from various seiyu
We found another factor for unstoppable decreasing birth rate in Japan

Tags
video