AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 46 71.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 23.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 1.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-06-21, 04:50   Link #81
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
He has a freaking UFO, remember? If he has UFO who knows what else is in there. Some people even said that it's not a stretch for him to have some type of Nuke.
I do not see how that air-craft would help him in UBW.

Nobody is saying that Gilgamesh isn't powerful, he can kill every servant if he wanted to but his arrogance is what defeats him. As for nuke or some other weapon we have not seen, VN never shows it, anime never shows it, as far as I'm concerned that is a mere speculation by someone.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 05:00   Link #82
Gaulek

If he stop using his swords, it is like admitting that Shirou sword/ubw are better than his.
Gaulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 05:06   Link #83
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaulek View Post
If he stop using his swords, it is like admitting that Shirou sword/ubw are better than his.
Yes, that is true, and his pride wouldn't let him to acknowledge that. But, jumping STRAIGHT to Ea is what makes no sense, because that would be even more shameful of him instead of using other tools he has. Like I said, it made perfect sense in the original VN, but not after F/Z retconned GoB to be more OP.
Old 2015-06-21, 05:09   Link #84
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
But, jumping STRAIGHT to Ea is what makes no sense, because that would be even more shameful of him instead of using other tools he has. Like I said, it made perfect sense in the original VN, but not after F/Z retconned GoB to be more OP.
What other tools? And how would they help?

And it is shameful, this is exactly why he hesitates in that split second.
Old 2015-06-21, 05:17   Link #85
nero12

What an amazing episode!! God I love you ufotable!!

As for the fact that Gilgamesh jumped directly to Ea, in my opinion the only 'nuke' in GoB is Ea. and even if he does possess other weapons of that class, are you forgetting that Gil was inside UBW. the moment he would have brought out another strong weapon, shirou would have copied it and fired it as a counter. What kind of idiot makes his own opponent stronger? Ea was the best option since shirou can't copy Ea, but as usual Gil's pride makes him hesitate and the rest is as you know.
Old 2015-06-21, 05:33   Link #86
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
What other tools? And how would they help?

And it is shameful, this is exactly why he hesitates in that split second.
Yes, I know it is shameful for him to pull out Ea, that's the basis of me saying anything in this discussion in the first place! Pulling Ea is the most shameful thing he has ever done. Thus, why not lessen the blow to his pride by using other tools that's he most definitely have (post F/Z retcon).

What other tools you ask? If he has a freaking plane, something thousands of years technologically more advanced from his era, then by deduction you can include pretty much every single thing mankind could think of in his GoB. Cannons? Missiles? ICBMs? Rod From God? Fair game, I'd say. So what, Gilgamesh, the richest of Kings does not have in his possession the right tool that is not a sword to pulverize this upstart mongrel? Some King he is!

All that said though, it really does not matter what other tool he uses against Shirou, because even if it is not Ea, he will probably still hesitate to use them anyway, and the fight would still conclude with Shirou winning.
Old 2015-06-21, 05:34   Link #87
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
What other tools you ask? If he has a freaking plane, something thousands of years technologically more advanced from his era, then by deduction you can include pretty much every single thing mankind could think of in his GoB. Cannons? Missiles? ICBMs? Rod From God? Fair game, I'd say. So what, Gilgamesh, the richest of Kings does not have in his possession the right tool that is not a sword to pulverize this upstart mongrel? Some King he is!
But there is zero evidence, or any indication, nor a hint that Gilgamesh possesses these things in the source material, in Zero or in UFO UBW. That's just mere speculation and a "what if".
Old 2015-06-21, 05:38   Link #88
Gaulek

Quote:
Yes, I know it is shameful for him to pull out Ea, that's the basis of me saying anything in this discussion in the first place! Pulling Ea is the most shameful thing he has ever done. Thus, why not lessen the blow to his pride by using other tools that's he most definitely have (post F/Z retcon).

All that said though, it really does not matter what other tool he uses against Shirou, because even if it is not Ea, he will probably still hesitate to use them anyway, and the fight would still conclude with Shirou winning.
Ea can destroy realty marble, it was perfect, pulling is Ea is shamefull, the best option but he hesitate too much.

Run or use a plane is shamefull too but not as effective/usefull. And you only say speculations.
Gaulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 05:43   Link #89
B214

Quote:
But there is zero evidence, or any indication, nor a hint that Gilgamesh possesses these things in the source material, in Zero or in UFO UBW. That's just mere speculation and a "what if".
Well there's this.

Quote:
Q: Does “King’s Treasure: Gate of Babylon” contain things such as rare but weak Noble Phantasms? I noticed he kept wine in there in Fate/Zero, so I was wondering if Gilgamesh’s everyday meals were in there as well.

A: Anything can be found in there. Like a meat that multiplies in proportion to how much is eaten. He’s definitely the “NEET of Babylon.”
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 05:46   Link #90
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Best skill of GoB confirmed
Old 2015-06-21, 05:47   Link #91
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero12 View Post
As for the fact that Gilgamesh jumped directly to Ea, in my opinion the only 'nuke' in GoB is Ea. and even if he does possess other weapons of that class, are you forgetting that Gil was inside UBW. the moment he would have brought out another strong weapon, shirou would have copied it and fired it as a counter. What kind of idiot makes his own opponent stronger? Ea was the best option since shirou can't copy Ea, but as usual Gil's pride makes him hesitate and the rest is as you know.
That said, I don't think Gilgamesh knows whether or not Shirou can copy Ea.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 06:02   Link #92
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

I remember reading somewhere long ago that he doesn't use his UFO in FSN because it's no longer in his GoB because it was destroyed.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 07:02   Link #93
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Now people are complaining about how Shirou could fight so well...

These people pay zero attention to the show. It was specifically said how Shirou was getting fighting knowledge from Archer as they continued to battle. Thus, you can deduce that Shirou has new fighting skills.
Old 2015-06-21, 07:29   Link #94
Starway

Quote:

He didn't even have time to use Ea if you think he'll be able to use something bigger your mistaken and even if he fires a nuke he would hit himself as well and his plane got destroyed remember.
Old 2015-06-21, 07:47   Link #95
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Why does everyone think I'm suggesting him to use the plane?
Old 2015-06-21, 09:04   Link #96
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Archer and Rin's farewells were beautifully done. I'm really glad they used the VN music for this episode, and wish they had done the same for the whole series. IMO, it would have significantly improved it. Music can make a world of difference.

Shirou vs Gil was finally properly animated. This is what I'd been waiting for all along. This series was worth it just for this.

Curious to see what they'll fit into the epilogue. I'd like to see some original stuff.
Old 2015-06-21, 09:08   Link #97
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Curious to see what they'll fit into the epilogue. I'd like to see some original stuff.
You'll see Shinji waking up and killing Shirou.
His death then turn Sakura bat shit crazy and kills everyone. <---- Original stuff.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 09:12   Link #98
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Now people are complaining about how Shirou could fight so well...

These people pay zero attention to the show. It was specifically said how Shirou was getting fighting knowledge from Archer as they continued to battle. Thus, you can deduce that Shirou has new fighting skills.
You can also use a couple of references before that. Like Shirou did tried to copy Archer's fighting style (only visually) when having the first sparring session against Saber (unless being slashed at by Archer helped him gain experience); follow by a quick scene of Shirou trying to wield two shinais when Saber left. If the anime followed the UBW route, then Shirou and Saber were supposed to have a couple of off-screen sparring training (I forgot which scene mentioned this, but I do remember Saber talking to Fujimura about Shirou's progression).

Then there was a couple of evidence concerning Shirou's encounter with Lancer and Rider. While it's true that both Lancer and Rider was going easy on Shirou (not being serious for numerous reasons), the fact that he was able to block a couple of hits from them is still impressive ( and then someone on another forum stated something about watching the scene of watching Lancer kicking Shirou in slow motion).
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 09:37   Link #99
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
You'll see Shinji waking up and killing Shirou.
His death then turn Sakura bat shit crazy and kills everyone. <---- Original stuff.
You mean the Tohsaka sisters would use Crest Worm & Gandr to Shinji..?

BTW, this episode is perfect.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 09:57   Link #100
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
and wish they had done the same for the whole series. IMO, it would have significantly improved it. Music can make a world of difference.
While I agree that a music can have a huge difference, I have to disagree with them having VN music throughout the Anime. Here's my personal opinion about the it. I don't dislike FNS VN OST but I don't think that they're anything special other than four or five tracks. I think UBW anime had a wonderful set of music, very fitting to the atmosphere and quite epic, including some really good emotional BGM. I don't really understand what issue people find in the OST, I guess this is a taste problem.

If the Anime used VN music all the way, we lose the epicness as well as the surprise when they appear in one. They would not feel special anymore because we'd be expecting it in the first place.

As for HF, I'm not sure which I want more, Kajiura or UBW's composer...