AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 10 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 37.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 12.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 15.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 5.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-09, 21:00   Link #81
dmaxzero

Nope. Even by killing Shirou, he wont stop being a Guardian, because he got outside the flow of time when he became one. He just want to kill the ideals that lead him there.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 22:18   Link #82
The Green One

It's a catharsis thing. Seeing a version of himself barreling down the same path he did just digs the knife of regret and rage deeper into himself. There's also the infinitesimal chance it'll work too and destroy him as well.

Oh dear, call the rape police, Shinji is in the building. Ah well, he'll get what he deserves soon enough.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 01:17   Link #83
Verrueckter
Sarcastic Ass

Off topic....but I had to share.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIyIwqFEZuk

"Othinus, what’s with this hell of panties? You’re getting lazy with these new worlds now, aren’t you? Zzz…” -Kamijou Touma
Verrueckter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 01:35   Link #84
iBeast

Too many fakers.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 02:33   Link #85
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Ok I am reserving judgement till the BDs because there seems to be too many things that are off.

Anyhow, I think the reason why animation wise this episode looked off compared to the previous ones was because of this: UBW S1 had been animated and completed before the airing (hence the minimal difference between S1TV and S1BD) however, UBW S2 did not have the luxury of this so this current season should be chock full of episodes that were animated in the space of a week.
An example of this would be FZ Ep 11 where it had off models and flow of episode was off in TV version but BD version fixed the animation and added in scenes to make it flow better. So this should be the case with this ep
This would explain Ep 13, 14, 15, 16 as they are well animated (which would mean they dedicated the season break to animate them) as well as the twitter announcements of the cut content. It's noteworthy that they aren't tweeting any announcement of cut content for Ep 17 and 18 and it's expected that it would be similar all throught out the rest.

So, all in all, Unlimited Budget Works was hindered by Very Limited Time Works which resulted to this ep though it should be expected that the Gate of Blu Rays should have them be fixed and placed at their best quality.
#betteranimation #betterediting

Last edited by Rev Okkin; 2015-05-10 at 02:59.
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 04:01   Link #86
Schwartz-Schwert

Well...

A decent episode, at least !

Shirou may begin to be what he is supposed to be soon, and that is good news.
Archer is the one in the spotlight here, and he is by far the greatest character of this show (well, the name isn't Unlimited blade works for nothing).

But, honestly, for someone who wants Shirou's death so badly, I found Archer very nice to him, like "Let's take 5 minutes to cut his head with my sword, while he cannot move, Saber is twenty meters from here, and about to form a contract with rin".
Radiant is the flight of the hawk
in the vastness of sky.
Schwartz-Schwert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 04:15   Link #87
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode was disappointing. Everybody mentions UBW, but for me it was Saber's contract with Rin and return to full form that was particularly underwhelming. It was an awesome scene in the VN and they didn't do it justice at all.

One good point though is that they kept Saber's ponytail even after her she armored up.
Old 2015-05-10, 04:21   Link #88
Schwartz-Schwert

They didn't mention that Archer WANTED Rin to form a contract with Saber either...
in the vastness of sky.
Old 2015-05-10, 05:38   Link #89
Shyni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
One good point though is that they kept Saber's ponytail even after her she armored up.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I like this look but feels a little weird considering she gets her regular ribbon (and hairstyle) back whenever she armored up in Fate/Zero.

Last edited by Shyni; 2015-05-10 at 08:13.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 07:15   Link #90
MCAL

Besides the obvious cut in the episode (At least I hope it was a cut), I thought this episode was otherwise excellent. Its interesting seeing all the servants acting with their own interests.
MCAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 08:24   Link #91
Tenzen12

Honestly it look to me like some people are just too spoiled, this season there is not single anime that looks half as good as UBW ( well with exception of Arslan Senki that looks EXACTLY half as good), yeah it gives impression BR will be eeven more awesome but that's not exactly reason for complaints if you ask me. As for Lack of second sword rain, this looks actually better and make sense considering Shirou still didn't master his trademark magecraft and had most Patna depleted with previous battle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
Nope. Even by killing Shirou, he wont stop being a Guardian, because he got outside the flow of time when he became one. He just want to kill the ideals that lead him there.
Well maybe he just think killing Shirou now would be merciful...
Old 2015-05-10, 08:30   Link #92
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

It's a proven fact that it doesn't work. In one of the bad endings, when you don't get Lancer to help you against Caster, Archer actually cuts down Shirou, but nothing happens. This is important, considering that all bad endings are actual different universes, which mean that if it DOES work, that should have been enough to remove him from the throne of heroes. Since that is not the case, it's obvious that his plan is not going to work in other universes either.
Old 2015-05-10, 09:14   Link #93
eiyuuou

What he needs is to cut himself down in his own timeline.
Old 2015-05-10, 09:33   Link #94
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuuou View Post
What he needs is to cut himself down in his own timeline.
That probably wouldn't work, as a Counter Guardian he has been removed from the flow of time, if I understand correctly. He situation is hopeless, he will have to act as an Counter Guardian until the World dies or he is released from his contract with the World.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2015-05-10 at 09:52.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 09:51   Link #95
Schwartz-Schwert

Archer could still win the Holy Grail and wish to be released from his contract, but, considering he knows what the Grail is, and considering his personality, I seriously doubt he'd ever do that.
in the vastness of sky.
Old 2015-05-10, 10:31   Link #96
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
This episode was disappointing. Everybody mentions UBW, but for me it was Saber's contract with Rin and return to full form that was particularly underwhelming. It was an awesome scene in the VN and they didn't do it justice at all.

^^THIS. I don't understand why they didn't animate Saber surrounded by lightning scene. It completely ruined full power Saber scene for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz-Schwert View Post
They didn't mention that Archer WANTED Rin to form a contract with Saber either...
Archer only wanted Rin to form a contract with Saber only after he dealt with Shirou. Too bad for him the two ladies beat him to it

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 14:18   Link #97
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

FSN veterans, shouldn't Rho Aias be Rho Ajax in English?
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 14:46   Link #98
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:

I forgot to mention that, but you are totally right. That was really disappointing job on this moment:

Images

Part of the problem though IMO is that much of the impact is already gone. In the VN, up until this point, we have never really seen a full powered Saber. This was supposed to be that moment of awesomeness but those fanboys on the staff already let Saber fight like normal more or less in the show, even taking away a life of Hercules.

Again, I still think the directorial choices with the portrayal of servants in DBZ fighting speed really takes away from the impact of their abilities. I still like many of the fights in Zero better stylistically.

Kind of hope the director for HF takes a different approach. Miura isn't my favorite.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 17:20   Link #99
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I forgot to mention that, but you are totally right. That was really disappointing job on this moment:

Images

Part of the problem though IMO is that much of the impact is already gone. In the VN, up until this point, we have never really seen a full powered Saber. This was supposed to be that moment of awesomeness but those fanboys on the staff already let Saber fight like normal more or less in the show, even taking away a life of Hercules.

Again, I still think the directorial choices with the portrayal of servants in DBZ fighting speed really takes away from the impact of their abilities. I still like many of the fights in Zero better stylistically.

Kind of hope the director for HF takes a different approach. Miura isn't my favorite.
Will you blame the director of the show, or the episode director of the show?
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 17:33   Link #100
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Taking the life of Heracles doesn't change much as the intended viewing is Zero->UBW->HF so we already know how powerful she can be. Plus it seems that they are treating Invisible Air as just a invisibility spell for Excalibur so what's hitting Heracles is Excalibur rather than IA.
I still found it as a moment of awesome with Rin: Remembrance playing (though it should be upped in volume in the BD) and the panning shot of her surrounded with prana where she looked dang powerful.
The DBZ fighting does more to show the impact of their abilities more than Zero's Hollywood style. The speed, the power, all show that they are superhuman whereas in Zero, it looked like FZKirei or TimeAltered Kiritsugu can keep up with Servants. Servant against Servant, it comes down to the match up; first Archer vs Lancer showed Lancer's speed and power against Archer's tactics, Saber vs Lancer showed the speeds of both and how much an implication a invisible blade can be, etc etc. IMO it does well and I'm alright with Miura as director of UBW. For HF, it has to be different director due to differing visual mediums (different constraints) and most likely, interest as Miura is a UBW fanboy (and Hirao is a GE fanboy) so a HF fanboy should take the job.
#betteranimation #betterediting
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote