AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 21 35.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 33.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 18.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.08%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-04-07, 03:13   Link #81
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
What does Rin see in Shirou? Why is she attracted to him?
He's adorable, he has a baby face, easy to tease, he's a good person, he can blurt out funny things without realizing it, is bit of a fool and I don't know, other stuff xD
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 04:45   Link #82
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
That should get revealed in the Heaven's Feel movie(s). At least the moment she fell in love with him.
I think we learn that long before HF movie(s), in next season of Prisma Illya, because there is exactly the same scene.
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 08:17   Link #83
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
What does Rin see in Shirou? Why is she attracted to him?
Quote:
That should get revealed in the Heaven's Feel movie(s). At least the moment she fell in love with him.
Nah I think it was mentioned in the last scene of UBW route when the two of them are talking in the classroom. Rin admitted when she first notice and began to admire Shirou in that scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
He's adorable, he has a baby face, easy to tease, he's a good person, he can blurt out funny things without realizing it, is bit of a fool and I don't know, other stuff xD
Not to mention Shirou might be the only viable magus for her to hook up with in Fuyuki. She needs to continue her family line after all

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 09:39   Link #84
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Nah I think it was mentioned in the last scene of UBW route when the two of them are talking in the classroom. Rin admitted when she first notice and began to admire Shirou in that scene.
Seems I forgot that it was also stated earlier.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2015-04-07 at 10:20.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 10:08   Link #85
Lorhand

Quote:
Seems I misremembered it in that case.
Nah, you remember correctly. At the end of UBW True End, Rin out of the blue asks whether Shirou was part of the track team once. Without HF, this question doesn't make any sense.
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 11:35   Link #86
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorhand View Post
Nah, you remember correctly. At the end of UBW True End, Rin out of the blue asks whether Shirou was part of the track team once. Without HF, this question doesn't make any sense.
It is quite ironic that both Rin and Sakura fell for him at the same time. They were both watching him in that track and field.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
Old 2015-04-07, 13:06   Link #87
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorhand View Post
Do you think that it would be a good idea to change that spot in the TV series?
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 17:23   Link #88
Lorhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai365 View Post
Do you think that it would be a good idea to change that spot in the TV series?
Well, Rin's question wasn't that confusing in the novel, since it would be shortly explained later in HF. Such a random remark would probably confuse more people than necessary (and when HF is released, they will probably already have forgotten this anyway).

On the other hand, it's just nice foreshadowing. Sakura's relation to Rin isn't gonna be revealed in UBW, either, yet they kept the scene with Rin talking about adoption in the first half (although this is admittedly not a fair comparison, since the latter is a far more important plot point).

If they have the time, they can keep it. If it doesn't fit, they may change it. Either way, I won't complain or anything. It's just one line. It's in my opinion a very minor issue.
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 01:38   Link #89
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
It is quite ironic that both Rin and Sakura fell for him at the same time. They were both watching him in that track and field.
It weren't just Sakura and Rin. Just wait on next season of Prisma Illya and you will see.
Spoiler for lol:
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 02:22   Link #90
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
Spoiler for lol:
Spoiler for non-exhaustive list:
Old 2015-04-08, 04:02   Link #91
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well the fact that Shirou is a chick magnet is kind of the running gag in Prisma Illya. Because that's more or less what he is in regular Fate.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 04:49   Link #92
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Women can't resist that baby-face.
Old 2015-04-09, 01:24   Link #93
HtwoN

Finally I could watch this. Loved this episode. I feel that the pacing is a little fast, but aside from that, everything was well-done.

Btw, this forum is like a blessing. I went on MAL and saw salts everywhere...
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 02:41   Link #94
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Yeah, don't go on MAL. Animesuki is being really nice at the moment but if this place gets toxic too, I'm going to leave and suggest everyone who wants to keep their sanity to do the same.
Old 2015-04-09, 08:11   Link #95
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Yeah, don't go on MAL. Animesuki is being really nice at the moment but if this place gets toxic too, I'm going to leave and suggest everyone who wants to keep their sanity to do the same.
I usually can't resist the temptation to join the discussions there, but now I neither have the time nor the nerves to go through that, escpacially due to a certain someone who will insist infinitely how "bad" the adaption is and throwing it into your face. A post here or there max, but absolutely not another waste of 10 pages about trivial things like "oh no, Shirou stumbled for a few frames, people will think he is stupid!" Seriously... they should calm down and not just look at the negative things.
Old 2015-04-09, 08:32   Link #96
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

That certain someone is Fai or whatshisface, right?

They were the ones who accused me of being a secondary fan for being introduced to Fate franchise through Fate/Zero. At that point I realized that MAL's FSN group were bunch of self proclaimed elitists, the peak of fanboism, and decided that I want nothing to do with them.

They also consider people who don't put Shirou on a pedestal as the best Fate character as fake fans. Shirou was the least interesting character for me in the VN and I was really indifferent towards him but UFO UBW made me invested in his ideals and characteristics a lot more than the VN did, I actually really like him in UFO UBW. If I said such an unpopular opinion on MAL, they'd crucify me.
Old 2015-04-09, 08:47   Link #97
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

If you think MAL is elitist you should visit Beast Lair.

But to be fair I can's fault them in the frustration of dealing with newly appointed fans (Amateurs) of FSN. Type-moons fans are a very serious bunch. I myself came across amateurs in Youtube comments and their posts gave me a headache. They will argue with you when you try to correct them about something and it's very frustrating.

As a veteran myself I can find many negatives in the current adaptation of UBW but for the most part I appreciate that the story has been given a proper adaptation.

Old 2015-04-09, 09:13   Link #98
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
If you think MAL is elitist you should visit Beast Lair.
Ah, no. I'm not interested in a competition of "which community sucks more" xD I'm just talking about the expirience I had with MAL and the opinion I have for it.

As for Youtube community, FSN fan or not, veteran or an amateur, they're generally toxic. There is no discussion over there that doesn't end with insults, therefore I don't think it's fair to assume that majority of new fans are frustrating to deal with it just from their community.

The problem with a veteran fan or an elitist is that they want you to experience a fiction the same exact way they did. An elitist cannot accept the fact that someone might actually prefer something he disliked over something he liked.

This is the kind of people that are roaming around on MAL. They cannot accept opinions different from what they think is the "right one".
Old 2015-04-09, 09:32   Link #99
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Now I'm curious as to what the consensus is at MAL lol.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 10:36   Link #100
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Now I'm curious as to what the consensus is at MAL lol.
I haven't seen their opinions post Season 1, but majority of people there think S1 is a terrible adaptation.