AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 22 44.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 26.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 30.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-11-30, 17:57   Link #81
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Wow! I'm surprised with Emiya's rapid development in this episode
His sword technique is lots better now. Even Tohsaka seems rely on him already

Rider's death is horrifying.. so her head is twisted by the killer

Caster's appearance is just like a trolling although I think it is better if Caster didn't appear to hide his Master's identity better

lastly, I like how they still develop Saber even though this is UBW route. Her blushing is cute... but Rin is cuter
that "waiting in front of classroom" scene is cute
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-30, 18:33   Link #82
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Hahaha. Looks like they really are "cleaners".
#betteranimation #betterediting
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-30, 18:35   Link #83
The Green One

Watch out if they start dual wielding brooms, then you know it's going down.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-30, 18:37   Link #84
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

I get it. UBW isn't Unlimited Blade Works.
It's Unlimited BROOM Works!

It's just too funny
Old 2014-11-30, 23:28   Link #85
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Quote:
And lastly, ANN review claims that Shinji not being killed by Kuzuki is a plot hole. Team Caster is ruthless, so why let go of a Master if Caster herself is well versed with Command Seals due to her doing something to her Master and summoning herself a Servant? Discuss.
Well, Shinji doesn't have any command spells, so there's not much of a reason to kill him is there?
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-30, 23:36   Link #86
GDB

Team Caster, ruthless? The same (team) Caster that lets Rin and Shirou go later just because Archer asks her to? The same Caster who could have just killed Shirou on the spot and taken his Command Spells, but instead went with a more round-about method so that he could live, albeit with one fewer arm? The same Caster who could drain the citizens to death, but instead merely drains them impotent?

Yeah, no. Caster and her team aren't "ruthless". Just because Kuzuki seriously fucked Rider up doesn't make them a group of cold blooded murderers. Compare this to Fate/Zero's Caster who, by this time, had been murdering families for kicks, keeping children alive with magic while operating on them, and then continuing to keep them alive after turning them into furniture/instruments/monsters.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-30, 23:38   Link #87
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Given the ruthless reputation Team Caster is making, it does seem odd for Kuzuki to let Shinji go.
Could it be because of Kuzuki trying to find a decent life and took pity on his student Shinji? But Kuzuki should have deduced that Shinji willingly endangered the whole school. It's a thing to consider.

Then if I remember correctly, in Fate, when Rider died, the book which contained the Command Seals burned viciously. Here, there is no mention of the book. Well, it could be because Rider's death was offscreen, but in the scenes with Shinji and Rider alone, there should have been a mention of it. It could be in the BDs and if so, they better be. Or it might be addressed in the HF movies.
Old 2014-12-01, 00:02   Link #88
The Green One

Even if Kuzuki is buffed enough to be able to match Rider he can't afford to look away from her long enough to kill Shinji, and after the deed is done there's no real reason at the moment to kill him since he's clearly powerless as a mage and not to mention a weak sniveling coward. Anyone would dismiss him as a threat. Kuzuki is not really the type to kill for the lulz.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-01, 07:49   Link #89
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Kuzuki also have to keep a "normal" facade as a teacher. Whereas Ryunnosuke never had to, he was just too happy to be the Ottis Toole to Gilles Henry Lee Lucas.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-01, 10:30   Link #90
JustThisOne
Eternally Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Looking up statements on the 27 Ancestors, even word of god says that for the most part, Servants would have a slight advantage. Saber in particular would be extremely tough for them to defeat, because of her possession of Excalibur gives her an advantage against opponents who overwhelm with material quantity and alienness. There are some who'd be able to tank Excalibur, but those are stated to only just have absurd levels of HP... and that those same opponents would have a hard time against Lancer.
Keep in mind that there are some Dead Apostle Ancestors who could fight and kill all seven servants at the same time without any difficulty.
JustThisOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-01, 12:59   Link #91
Lorhand

Kuzuki doesn't feel any joy in killing or anything and this Team Caster isn't as ruthless as they seem. Shinji is so pathetic, I'm sure he just thought that Shinji is useless anyway, so might as well let him live. Shirou and Rin didn't seem to think Shinji would be any danger anymore, either (and he really wasn't, it was all Gil). I don't see any real plothole here.
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-01, 20:32   Link #92
HandofFate

Kuzuki is just ruthlessly logical where if he's going to kill, he doesn't hold back. But if he deems something as not a threat, he doesn't even consider it something to acknowledge.
Old 2014-12-02, 00:30   Link #93
gn_X00

did anyone remember why Kuzuki tried to kill Rider and negate the bloodfort in UBW while in Fate Route (IIRC) He does nothing?
Old 2014-12-02, 01:48   Link #94
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Probably because Shirou was already fighting Rider and Shinji and they didn't want to reveal their identities.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 08:13   Link #95
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'd say people are kinda overstating "the sheer amount of people who are able to beat Servants".

I'd like to point out that there are billions of people in the world, and the people we've seen defeat Servants is like... 3?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 08:39   Link #96
dmaxzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Okkin View Post

So this is what Saber meant of Shirou copying Archer...
I love Shirou aggressive lower stance, compared to Saber straight middle sword guard.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 09:44   Link #97
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn_X00 View Post
did anyone remember why Kuzuki tried to kill Rider and negate the bloodfort in UBW while in Fate Route (IIRC) He does nothing?
Kuzuki: Rider is activating her Blood Fort and draining my students of mana. I will go kill her now.
Caster: No, my dear, leave it to the Masters of Archer and Saber. We don't fight Rider in this route...
Old 2014-12-02, 18:01   Link #98
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThisOne View Post
Keep in mind that there are some Dead Apostle Ancestors who could fight and kill all seven servants at the same time without any difficulty.
the dog and the spider

it is not all about power lvls, it is more of a rock/paper/scissor in terms of abilities.
Old 2014-12-02, 21:05   Link #99
Subarunyon II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Okkin View Post
Basically, Rin was set up to be a capable mage, she isn't as fazed when seeing the "coma incidents" that are caused by Caster but now, Rin's just trembling at the sight of students under the Bloodfort which seems to be lovingly coincided when Shirou becomes "competent" and taking the spotlight in badassry while Rin is shaken up behind him.
My take on why Rin was shaken is because she was indirectly responsible for Blood Fort hurting the students. She let Shinji do as he pleases and left archer at home. Things might not have turned out differently if she hadn't, but I guess she still feels the guilt from her mistake underestimating the enemy.
Subarunyon II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 21:21   Link #100
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, there's that, and also, Rin, just like most people her age, isn't actually used to seeing these kinds of things. Really you should focus your attention on Shirou, he's the weird one for not batting an eye.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote