AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Old 2006-01-21, 13:16   Link #81
ShadowrazoR
Unlimited Bishoujo Works

yes, so would i. so would everybody on this forum. we all need our shuffle fix quick, no matter how bad it is.
ShadowrazoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 21:04   Link #82
beatrixkido0

well like we all know the kiss at the end of epe 24 between you know who, well why dont they both forget about rin and start dateing each other or this series could be about primula since she now goes to school, and she could fall in love or some thing. and the starting one of the next series could be a cristmas one where they all have cristmas together and then remember all the stuff from the first seris and stuff like that i dont care what its about as long as it keeps most of the people out of seris 1 and had love and comody in.
beatrixkido0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 06:50   Link #83
beatrixkido0

or there could be a new god or demon that just moved to town and i dont know she could use magic and make all the boys like her or i dont know just more good funny epesodes
beatrixkido0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 09:35   Link #84
Wrath88
Kissing...

Hey, I think I got a new theory as to how Ama was able to identify Primula as one of the lab subjects. The original theory was that Ama was able to sense Primula's latent magic, but it was kind of contested by the thing about her passing on the magic to Asa. But since it's magic, let's just skip over it and go to what I think I found.

I was just flipping through some of my pics, comparing eye colour among the five girls, when I noticed that both Primula and Asa have purple-coloured eyes. Then, looking at Ama, she also has purple eyes. I'm sure it's obvious that Ama passed those genes over to her daughter, so we can talk about this. Does the magic affect their eye colour, allowing Ama to immediately identify Primula as one of the experiments? If I recall correctly, Ama said 'It can't be...' after seeing Primula. Assuming that she could sense the magic level, she shouldn't be saying that, but something more definite instead. They did make eye contact during that time, so Ama was able to see Primula's eye colour, therefore it is very likely that my theory is the correct one.

What do you people think?

EDIT: Riker just reminded me. For Lycoris, maybe it could be that the cloning process was not exact and gave her blue eyes, but another possibility is that the mix of purple and red could have given that colour to her eyes as well. But that still begs the question about fusing and why didn't it fuse the eye colour? We could say that it was only the experiments that change eye colour, and that the fusing doesn't, but there are a lot of ifs in this.

Last edited by Wrath88; 2006-01-26 at 10:10.
Wrath88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 11:06   Link #85
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88
I was just flipping through some of my pics, comparing eye colour among the five girls, when I noticed that both Primula and Asa have purple-coloured eyes. Then, looking at Ama, she also has purple eyes. I'm sure it's obvious that Ama passed those genes over to her daughter, so we can talk about this. Does the magic affect their eye colour, allowing Ama to immediately identify Primula as one of the experiments? If I recall correctly, Ama said 'It can't be...' after seeing Primula. Assuming that she could sense the magic level, she shouldn't be saying that, but something more definite instead. They did make eye contact during that time, so Ama was able to see Primula's eye colour, therefore it is very likely that my theory is the correct one.

What do you people think?
I think your theory does have some merit. In episode #2, the only other thing about Primula that Ama could have noticed so quickly would be her ears, and since meeting people from the Shin and Ma realms is fairly commonplace in Shuffle! the mere fact that Primula wasn't human should not have gotten that kind of reaction from Ama. But in hindsight, that scene was a major bit of foreshadowing about Ama's secret identity! The expression on Ama's face when Rin asks if she already knows Primula: Ama suddenly realizes that she was reacting to things that she is not supposed to know anything about.

I had posted something earlier about purple eye color as it related to Asa, but it was lost in the forum hack. The main point was that purple eyes seem to be used a lot in anime to indicate characters that have magical, mental or some other special power. It isn't a "rule" by any means - plenty of characters with powers don't have purple eyes and vice-versa - but it does crop up far too often to simply be a coincidence. So, when I see a character with purple eyes in an anime where magic is a possibility, I pay attention. One thing I noticed in Shuffle! was that Asa's eye color gradually changed as the series progressed. In the early episodes, her eyes often appeared to be more of a grayish-blue color with violet highlights. Occasionally the violet would be predominant. But as the episodes went by, and Asa's attacks started happening more frequently, her eyes were shown as purple more often. Near the end the gray-blue color had vanished entirely and her eyes were purple in every scene. Now, this could very well be due to different people doing the artwork or lax control over the color palatte used, but I'm inclined to think that it was done intentionally.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 14:34   Link #86
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That kind of attention to detail (and it does happen whether or not it is true in this case) is one of my favorite parts of the whole anime business -- something you don't see enough in other animation or even live-action. The level of detail applies to seasons, festivals, "sense of place", the use of real towns without changing their layouts ... its just kind of fascinating to watch the care at that level.
Old 2006-01-26, 17:09   Link #87
Wrath88
Kissing...

Purple eye colour...... We obviously can't go by whether the eye colour is representative of magic level, using the colours of a rainbow as a scale, or else it would mean that Nerine is a whole lot weaker than Primula and Asa. (She could be weaker, but I seriously doubt it, she's not that weak) Hmmm..... Maybe red represents destructive abilities while purple represents restorative abilities?
Old 2006-01-26, 20:06   Link #88
ShadowrazoR
Unlimited Bishoujo Works

i don't think so. we've never seen primula healing people but we've seen her freezing people.
ShadowrazoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 04:17   Link #89
Wrath88
Kissing...

Ah, that's true in the anime, but if you remember some of the spoilers about the game,
Spoiler for Primula:

Or maybe it's another aspect of destructive abilities?
Old 2006-02-14, 14:05   Link #90
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

hmm ... in the end of Ep 24 there is a song (which nerine sings?) ... which one is that ... got the feeling i've heard it more clearly like an ost ... but i haven't heard anything but the songs that was in the anime and those that was in the game ...
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 11:24   Link #91
Crusaders
DoMz Member/Asa lover

Send a message via MSN to Crusaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter
Anyone know the BGM thats plays ....
Final Epsiode 08.24min (when Rin cuts himself)....the sad piano tune..i cant find it,it's not in the special BGMs...can anyone help me with this? please pleaseee~ ><

Yeah somone answer him!!! I want to know too ^^
Crusaders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 20:33   Link #92
Morisato

When Kaede was reading the letter, her mom said she'll "go" when Kaede is healed, does she mean that she planned to suicide along with Rin's mom and dad? Why?

How long does a business trip take? Kaede's dad's been away for a whole year...

Why does Rin have to move out of the house even after resolving his issues with Kaede even knowing how mentally unstbale she is? He decides to move out of the house without evening considering Primula's feelings when just a couple episodes back, he was angsting all day just cause she got brought back to the demon world and how he wants to keep his "Happy Family", but of course after he brings her back, he COMPLETELY ignores her cept that one game of pong they played, THEN he decides to move out and shatters his "Happy Family".
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 22:39   Link #93
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato
When Kaede was reading the letter, her mom said she'll "go" when Kaede is healed, does she mean that she planned to suicide along with Rin's mom and dad? Why?

How long does a business trip take? Kaede's dad's been away for a whole year...
Kaede's mom was telling Kaede that they would go on a trip together once Kaede was over her illness. And no one committed suicide - Rin's parents and Kaede's mother were killed in an automobile accident. Kaede's mother probably mailed the letter to Kaede right before they got the phone call from Kaede's father and started to return home.

Kaede's dad has not been away a whole year - not even close. In episode #1, Rin asks Kaede how long her father will be gone and she replies that it will be three to four months. Judging from their conversation, it seems clear that her father has only recently left. The series starts shortly before summer vacation, and concludes not long after the students have switched to the winter uniforms. So only only a few months pass between episodes 1 and 24.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 22:51   Link #94
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato
Why does Rin have to move out of the house even after resolving his issues with Kaede even knowing how mentally unstbale she is? He decides to move out of the house without evening considering Primula's feelings when just a couple episodes back, he was angsting all day just cause she got brought back to the demon world and how he wants to keep his "Happy Family", but of course after he brings her back, he COMPLETELY ignores her cept that one game of pong they played, THEN he decides to move out and shatters his "Happy Family".
well you can just chop that up to stupidity on rins part to completely abandon everything he fought for in the first half of anime. from what i read on this forum, and my own personal opinion, he acted completely out of character and stupidly just to allow asa the win. why i believe the writers did that, i think is because asa had the biggest fan base so it would please the most people, but that's just my guess
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 08:17   Link #95
w00tix

Kaede's father?

Perhaps I missed something in the story, or just forgot, but whatever happened to Kaedes father? He is there in the flashbacks but not in the present day, and is no where to be found.
w00tix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 09:36   Link #96
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

I think in ep 1 Rin and Kaede talk a bit about Kaede's father. You might want to check that. I believe his work keeps him occupied somewhere, maybe it involves travelling?
Old 2006-02-26, 10:00   Link #97
w00tix

Nevermind, Furudanuki answered this question in a previous post on this thread. My fault!
w00tix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 16:46   Link #98
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

hi ppl, i just wanna ask, is there a full version of the song sing by Nerine while shes on the swing? and what is the name of the song/artist? thanks for the help. =)
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 22:40   Link #99
SweetSpring
Garden of Tsubaki
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to SweetSpring
you mean "in the sky" right? the artist is Hashimoto Miyuki. if you want the song, maybe i'll send a private message only if you tell me to.

Last edited by SweetSpring; 2006-03-28 at 18:35.
SweetSpring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 21:29   Link #100
Rin-Sama
Banned

Does anyone know where i can DL the SHUFFLE! hentai game?
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote