031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: Painful... 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-22, 01:31   Link #81
sayde

I've been avoiding the anime for awhile now since I didn't really care for this arc in the manga. Having stated that, the events in this episode depict a part in this arc that made me particularly upset. So I was interested in seeing how the anime-only viewers would react. And I have to say I'm surprised. No one's really complaining about the current chain of events. No one's irked that Ichigo became a crying whiny little brat the moment he lost his powers to becoming all BAMF the second he gets his power back. And no one seems to care of the fact that all this time Ichigo's spent trying to regain his shinigami powers was all for nothing. Because apparently, he could've gotten it all back instantly just by sitting on his butt and waiting for Rukia to come stab him w/ Urahara's magic sword.

So yeah...power to the anime-only viewers.
Old 2012-02-22, 03:01   Link #82
Excelion

He didn't come off as whiny with that cool extra inner world scene and the 'resolve' glow in his eye. It's just another example of the anime team really fleshing things out, just like how we got a bit with Tsukishima's POV throughout the whole thing.
Old 2012-02-22, 03:22   Link #83
Gundamx

For this arc: Anime >>>>>>>>>> manga.
Old 2012-02-22, 04:02   Link #84
Lumir

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I've been avoiding the anime for awhile now since I didn't really care for this arc in the manga. Having stated that, the events in this episode depict a part in this arc that made me particularly upset. So I was interested in seeing how the anime-only viewers would react. And I have to say I'm surprised. No one's really complaining about the current chain of events. No one's irked that Ichigo became a crying whiny little brat the moment he lost his powers to becoming all BAMF the second he gets his power back. And no one seems to care of the fact that all this time Ichigo's spent trying to regain his shinigami powers was all for nothing. Because apparently, he could've gotten it all back instantly just by sitting on his butt and waiting for Rukia to come stab him w/ Urahara's magic sword.

So yeah...power to the anime-only viewers.
Oh no as an anime only viewer i was highly irked durring this entire arc. This episode included except for the last few bits of it. The reason for me accepting the last few bits is because rukia has always been there to give ichigo the words he needed to hear when he needed to hear them. This alone brought back that classic bleach feel, and to be honest I thought uruhara/rukia/and his dad were going to seal off ichigo's power or something.

Also it is very true that sometimes someone has to completely break down before they can proceed forward and though this arc POORLY demonstrated that the message still presented itself. Also uruhara has been around a long time, even created the hogokugu, i knew something was up and was possible, I just didnt know what it was until this episode. The entire scenario this episode presented creates more mystery as to the details of Ichigo's powers.

To me it seemed like the author wanted to take a break from the constant shini-ichigo and try to build some character but failed hard. IMO it would have been a more enjoyable arc if ichigo would never have given up even when his own family turned against him, also showing his desperation and emotion in a different way would have far surpassed anything the past events in this arc presented.

Also I dont think we can say all his training was for nothing, we can assume his experiences with full bring gave him a sense of another form of spiritual power. Understanding the complexities of spiritual power objects may hold ect. IMO the author didnt spill the beans to the viewers/readers about uruhara/ichi's dad/rukia working on bringing his power back in order to take a different approach to ichigo's character. It clearly emphasized his connection with his friends and family, the lack and therefor desire for power to protect them, and his distress at having nothing when he had so much before.

In the end we get a new shini-ichigo that looks pretty bad ass, good ol bleach with rukia talking ichigo back up, and more things to contemplate. Things like what does this new look/power mean, and why is it so different then before. And for me personally im wondering if those markings on ichigo have anything to do with the people who gave their spiritual pressure in order to re-awaken/bring back ichigo's. And even more so now that multiple high level people helped him, were as before it was just rukia, what does that mean for his power ect.

Also i can see your point about how you feel its kinda lame how ichigo went from completely broken to BAMF, yet you have to realize as soon as he got his shini powers back it was like the switch that was turned off due to his choices concerning mugetsu had been turned back on. Its like having all of the capabilities/possibilities you thought you had lost return to you in an instant. In other words ichigo's shinigami powers in which he has so much experience all returning to him instantly. To me its completely understandable, especially with ginjo's betrayal/trickery, id bet anyone would be pretty upset and probably look bad-ass if all that happened to them.

With this regaining of his power i can see ichigo having to undergo more training in order to control/advance/ect with it.

Last edited by Lumir; 2012-02-22 at 04:13.
Old 2012-02-22, 13:37   Link #85
Ichiban Hayai

One thing actually annoyed me in this episode: Ichigo becoming a shinigami without leaving his mortal body/gigai behind. <=====> Utra-extra-super plothole

As for the crying part-instant mood change, I couldn't care less. It's tipical Bleach flaw, nothing new there.
Old 2012-02-22, 14:52   Link #86
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

It was good, but I wanted to see Ichigo's bankai omfg, it'll like so BEAST if he used it Oh well. It turn out to be a good episode and it's time for Ginjo's team to get owned by the real deal ;D
Old 2012-02-22, 18:27   Link #87
Byakou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban Hayai View Post
One thing actually annoyed me in this episode: Ichigo becoming a shinigami without leaving his mortal body/gigai behind. <=====> Utra-extra-super plothole
Ikr? When that happened I was like wtf. Is this an oversight or has Ichigo gained the ability to be shinigami in his physical body or something? :/
Old 2012-02-22, 20:43   Link #88
Blaze93

You know I have some odd feeling that Mr. Tshukiuma was prepared for Ichigo's big breakthrough and has something up his sleeve. This Full Bring saga can't end this quick.
Old 2012-02-23, 03:59   Link #89
DarkJak2050

Yo, check this out...

Bleach TV Anime Ending on March 27

This is no bull guys.
Old 2012-02-23, 04:03   Link #90
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I guess they got tired of writing filler due to Kubo's inability to put any substantial content in his chapters. This isn't really much of surprise. Bleach's ratings have been ridiculously poor for ages now. Meanwhile Naruto's comical spin-off is getting an anime...
Old 2012-02-23, 04:07   Link #91
DarkJak2050

Was it because of too many filler episodes?

If it was, then it should've followed Bakuman's example; have a season once every year. It'll give more time for the manga to stay ahead and the anime adaptation can still follow the manga with virtually no filler episodes.

Update:
Wait a minute, maybe the anime's not really ending. It could be moving to a different timeslot. Awww snap... I think I jumped the gun there.

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2012-02-23 at 04:22.
Old 2012-02-23, 04:27   Link #92
sergel02

=(

I was just getting back into the show. If this happened a year ago I probably wouldn't have cared, but now I'm super sad.

And i don't really like Naruto or One Piece, so its like no Big 3 anymore for me to read or watch.

Tho i do love Fairy Tail.
Old 2012-02-23, 05:36   Link #93
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Update:
Wait a minute, maybe the anime's not really ending. It could be moving to a different timeslot. Awww snap... I think I jumped the gun there.
No, if it didn't have the "End" mark, it would be possible. Unfortunately, it does. Could it continue under a new name? Probably, but until they announce a new Bleach series, consider it finished.
Old 2012-02-23, 06:46   Link #94
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiGoku View Post
No, if it didn't have the "End" mark, it would be possible. Unfortunately, it does. Could it continue under a new name? Probably, but until they announce a new Bleach series, consider it finished.
Actually reading it I could see a hiatus i mean i read naruto rck lee thing how long can they make i say 20-25 eps.
Not to mention if the final arc any good people will want it animated
Old 2012-02-23, 09:12   Link #95
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

They should have ended it after Aizen's defeat. It would have made for a decent ending.

I can only assume they weren't planning on ending the anime anytime soon back then, but Kubo's slowpoke pace eventually forced them to. There's only so much fillers you can make. Or is it that the ratings were god awful?

At any rate, they'll most likely animate the final arc in a few years, assuming it doesn't totally bomb in the manga.
Old 2012-02-23, 12:02   Link #96
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, I still think it would have been right to end it after Aizen was brought down. Thought it was a bizarre thing when the manga continued past that. Probably hit their limit of filler. That's going to be the biggest negative for Bleach in the end. I mean filler arcs inserted into the middle of an arc....that was just bad.

I wouldn't be surprised if the last arc was done via OVA or something. No point dropping people into yet another long filler just for the final arc. Since it is the end can just animate it down the road or OVA it.
Old 2012-02-23, 12:04   Link #97
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
If it was moving to a different time slot, we'd already know what the new time slot was. That's the sort of thing they do a lot of advertising for well in advance.
Old 2012-02-23, 14:09   Link #98
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Hope we have time to see Ichigo's new bankai in animated form before it ends. Plus I was just getting back into watching it again,
Old 2012-02-23, 15:12   Link #99
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I can only assume they weren't planning on ending the anime anytime soon back then, but Kubo's slowpoke pace eventually forced them to. There's only so much fillers you can make. Or is it that the ratings were god awful?
Even the final episodes covering the last events of the deicide arc weren't doing too good with the ratings. So you have to figure, if the final events of an arc that took years to build up to can't even pull in solid ratings, then I doubt anything else will either. To top it off, I didn't get the impression that the fullbringer saga was well received in general by those who read the manga. So even when the anime returned to canon material, I wasn't surprised to see the ratings stay as low as they are on average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
At any rate, they'll most likely animate the final arc in a few years, assuming it doesn't totally bomb in the manga.
I could see them maybe doing that (Inuyasha style). Its just too bad it'll likely take a few more years before the manga ends and the anime team decides to animate the final arc.
Old 2012-02-23, 20:57   Link #100
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I guess now's a good time as any, I haven't watched the anime since the first filler arc after they beat Aizen.

I certainly don't welcome back the art inconsistency...Ginjou had some big ass lips...
Closed Thread