Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-03, 13:41   Link #81
Heiwatsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite Coke
Or a sister who's a total MILF
LMFAO
------------------------------
Question: Are the logia powers based on the elements? or is it just coincidence that all the logias powers were based on an element. Well.. it does look like caribou has a mud ( earth element) logia power
Old 2010-11-03, 13:57   Link #82
marvelB

Wow.... now THIS was one sweet chapter! If it's true that the supernova brothers are both Logias, then that would be insane. However, as much as I like those guys, I know it's pretty much inevitable that they'll end up getting thrashed in little to no time by the monster trio, unfortunately.....

And yeah, I wasn't really all that surprised about the twists involving Roger and Kuma, but it was still great to learn those facts, nonetheless. I was rather amused by that panel of Roger with the hat, and seeing a battered Kuma was quite a sight, if I do say so myself. I really can't wait to see the completed Pacifistas in the New World (who hopefully won't be more doppelgangers of Kuma), and I'm definitely interested in seeing what will become of the original (did he lose his Shichibukai title for disobeying the WG and guarding the Sunny, I wonder?). Boy, there sure is a lot to think about before the next chapter.....
Old 2010-11-03, 14:32   Link #83
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 603
That was a good chapter.

Logia Issues
The Caribou brothers are going to get a good thrashing. This will also let us see the how the Straw Hats deal with Logia users. Throughout the whole series the way the whole crew dealt with the logia users has been in most cases poor. I expect a lot from crew. I hope Mihawk taught Zorro how to deal with logia. Because I am pretty sure Mihawk has had his fair share of clashes with Logia in the New World. I hope Zoro can fight them. That would be very disappointing for Luffy's first mate not being able to deal with logia.

Bounties
After seeing page 4, the Straw Hats are sure to get high bounties. This would not be surprising if we see Billion bounties as the norm in the New World. Luffy (who bounty is undervalued) is almost half way there and they are just beginning to the new world.

Rogers and Luffy
Those two are like the same people almost. Its like Rogers is Luffy. If that turns out to be true, Oda will have a lot of explaining to do.
Old 2010-11-03, 15:18   Link #84
Distinction

Well logically speaking i dont see a reason why the Government should raise the bountys. Its not like there are guys that think "oh 400 million is not enough i wont bother, i will wait for 600 million people".
Old 2010-11-03, 15:19   Link #85
-Rhythm
けいおん!

When I saw the cannonball(?) pass through Caribou, the first thing in my mind was : 'Wtf slime?'.
Old 2010-11-03, 15:29   Link #86
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Their bounties won't go up till the end of their next adventure.
Old 2010-11-03, 15:51   Link #87
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

The announcement that Luffy and Co are back and are much stronger reminds me of how Luffy got his first bounty - that marine also said that everyone should know about him as he's strong and a big threat, so maybe the bounty will raise after all.
Old 2010-11-03, 16:37   Link #88
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

A whole lot of info just came from green book, Head over to the sbs discussion thread.
Old 2010-11-03, 18:56   Link #89
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKou View Post
Question: Are the logia powers based on the elements? or is it just coincidence that all the logias powers were based on an element. Well.. it does look like caribou has a mud ( earth element) logia power
Yes Logias are based on the elements, more specifically nature. The word 'Logia' is written as 'Nature' in Kanji.

So mud can be a Logia, but not glue or oil, stuff that has been processed, if not Luffy's rubber would be Logia as well.

Logia is everything that occurs in nature and everything else that's not natural or just a property is a Paramecia.

What I think is that Caribou either really has a Logia, or he has a Paramecia that looks like a Logia. We didn't see him completely break down into some kind of element, he just has a fluid substance covering his whole body, which we have seen in Mr 3's wax and Magellan's poison. And we saw him absorb a cannon ball, lots of Paramecia could absorb attacks or be completely immune to some form of attack.

-Rhythm's idea of slime sounds right as well, we will always meet some kind of slime man in manga.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2010-11-03, 19:58   Link #90
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Three_Kings View Post
Just like how they never pointed out that the straw hat belonged to Roger?
Except Rayleigh did think of Roger wearing the straw hat when he was young in this chapter when he saw Luffy sail off. For all we know, Roger could be only wearing the straw hat when he was still a nameless rookie pirate but switch it for the hat we saw when he became more well known.
Old 2010-11-03, 21:23   Link #91
trafalgarcito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinction View Post
Well logically speaking i dont see a reason why the Government should raise the bountys. Its not like there are guys that think "oh 400 million is not enough i wont bother, i will wait for 600 million people".
i used to think like you, but a constantly upgrading reward on luffy would

1)make all the higher power (believers in themselves) bounty hunters drop their current targets and go after luffy for the glory and the money..

2) make a lot of high level pirates turn to bountyhunt so they could turn shichibukai or get the glory/money...(so easy to cut a deal with the goverment if you got luffy captured)

point is, a constantly upgrading reward on luffy would atract a lot of curibo-like pirates...

Last edited by trafalgarcito; 2010-11-03 at 21:34.
Old 2010-11-03, 21:30   Link #92
raziel16

Quote:
Originally Posted by trafalgarcito View Post
probably one piece is a time machine, and luffy = roger...THE END
That would be a hillarious ending . So after finding one piece, Luffy goes back to the past, forming rogers pirates, giving his hat to shanks, which in turn will pass it to his future self, which will find one piece later. It'll be a never ending cycle

btw, what is paramecia anyway? Never heard of it before..
Old 2010-11-03, 21:35   Link #93
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel16 View Post
That would be a hillarious ending . So after finding one piece, Luffy goes back to the past, forming rogers pirates, giving his hat to shanks, which in turn will pass it to his future self, which will find one piece later. It'll be a never ending cycle

Type of Devil Fruit. Luffy has a paramecia fruit. There are 3 types: Zoan, Logia, and Paramecia. Paramecia usually has the weird abilities, Zoan usually has the transforming abilities having to do with animals, and Logias are usually the elemental ones. Luffy is a paramecia, Chopper is a Zoan, and the admirals, Ace and Enel are all logias.
Old 2010-11-03, 22:38   Link #94
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:

Actually this makes tremendous sense.

Especially when you factor in the mysterious illness roger had that was killing him. The illness ties in with the gear 2 and 3 side effects + the booster shots in the Ace rescue/killing arc.

Only issue is how a straw hat (made of straw) can last so much mishandling, water, damage, etc over the decades and still be in a relatively good shape.

I think Oda explained it before in one of his BBS posts. Paramecia is sort of the catch all category for the rest of the fruits that don't fit into Zoan and Logia classes. Zoan are the fruits where the user takes on the attributes and shapes of said living thing(animals, reptiles, insects, etc).

Logia are sort of elemental fruits but I don't think it has been confirmed that they are all forces of nature or naturally occurring effects. The distinctive (bar 1) characteristic of logias are that the user can dissemble his/her body and form some sort of cloud of whatever is the fruit and normal attacks will just go through them.

Speaking of which, since light is a type of logia I wonder if sound would be a logia too. A sound logia could be even more powerful than whitebeard's earthquake fruit since it can create earthquakes through vibrations and also be able to affect every one's balance by bursting their eardrums; not to mention the natural logia benefits.

Last edited by Hisoka??; 2010-11-03 at 22:48.
Old 2010-11-03, 23:02   Link #95
raziel16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Actually this makes tremendous sense.

Especially when you factor in the mysterious illness roger had that was killing him. The illness ties in with the gear 2 and 3 side effects + the booster shots in the Ace rescue/killing arc.

Only issue is how a straw hat (made of straw) can last so much mishandling, water, damage, etc over the decades and still be in a relatively good shape.
Yea, the hat is travelling time over and over again! Plus, everytime young Luffy met Buggy for the first time, Buggy will stab the hat, then Nami will sew it back. By counting the stab mark, you can tell how many times it had been went throught time

No seriously, there is only devil fruit for each type and everyone should know that. So if roger is a rubber man, everyone from his time (garp,sengoku,rayleigh,whitebeard,shanks,etc) will realize it when they see Luffy's rubber body and his gear techniques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
I think Oda explained it before in one of his BBS posts. Paramecia is sort of the catch all category for the rest of the fruits that don't fit into Zoan and Logia classes. Zoan are the fruits where the user takes on the attributes and shapes of said living thing(animals, reptiles, insects, etc).

Logia are sort of elemental fruits but I don't think it has been confirmed that they are all forces of nature or naturally occurring effects. The distinctive (bar 1) characteristic of logias are that the user can dissemble his/her body and form some sort of cloud of whatever is the fruit and normal attacks will just go through them.

Speaking of which, since light is a type of logia I wonder if sound would be a logia too. A sound logia could be even more powerful than whitebeard's earthquake fruit since it can create earthquakes through vibrations and also be able to affect every one's balance by bursting their eardrums; not to mention the natural logia benefits.
But there are sub categories right? Like zoan mystical beast (such as Marco's phoenix) or zoan xxx (forgot the name) model Jaguar (Luci's fruit)
Old 2010-11-04, 00:56   Link #96
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Yea, the hat is travelling time over and over again! Plus, everytime young Luffy met Buggy for the first time, Buggy will stab the hat, then Nami will sew it back. By counting the stab mark, you can tell how many times it had been went throught time

No seriously, there is only devil fruit for each type and everyone should know that. So if roger is a rubber man, everyone from his time (garp,sengoku,rayleigh,whitebeard,shanks,etc) will realize it when they see Luffy's rubber body and his gear techniques

But there are sub categories right? Like zoan mystical beast (such as Marco's phoenix) or zoan xxx (forgot the name) model Jaguar (Luci's fruit)
Technically it's a simultaneously infinite loop so any damage should be fatal to the article that is passed through in time. Actually that reminds me of the dark tower series by Stephen king where the ending is the beginning and the poor guy is doomed to repeat the whole cycle till maybe he does something different.

Not necessarily. The rubber fruit could just be a coincidence. As in the rubber fruit resurfaced and luffy just happened to get it.

I think no one connected has seen gear2 yet and gear 3 was probably not used much in higher level battles due to the speed problem.
More importantly, by the time Luffy got the one piece, his body might already be in shambles and he may not be able to use the gears anymore. He may also have become so powerful that he didn't need to use the gears to fight the opponents of the past and subsequently didn't do so because he didn't want to show his real identity.

Yes there are sub categories, but those 3 are the main ones. In fact the way I see it, for zoans, the first sub level is mythical vs non-mythical, followed by the generic type of animal and then the specific animal. e.g.:
(1)Zoan-(2)Mythical-(3)Feline-(4)Tiger or (1)Zoan-(2)Blank(i.e. non-mythical)-(3)Dinosuar-(4) Thesaurus
(2) and (3) might be the other way round though.

Wonder if the other types of fruits have sub-categories.
Old 2010-11-04, 01:05   Link #97
james0246

I predicted quite awhile ago, that Luffy would be able to stretch through time by the end of the series. Oda has merely added fuel to my slow burning flame...
Old 2010-11-04, 01:07   Link #98
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

If Roger really was Luffy who travelled back through time, I'm gonna be mindfucked.

Doesn't that mean Ace is Luffy's son? xP

Seriously though, I think that'd be a huge slap in the face if it was true. I'd rather not have such a conclusion.
Old 2010-11-04, 01:17   Link #99
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

hmmz in addition, it might explain vegapunk who has the knowledge of people 500 years from the future.
Old 2010-11-04, 01:42   Link #100
golgo13

the back to the future hypothesis is funny.

i think the strawhat is tied very much to the will of D.

was rogers ability to hear all things haki or his df ability? has it ever even been confirmed roger was a df user?
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly chapter discussion