AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-27, 17:03   Link #81
Vicious108

Btw can anyone remind me why the Strawhats all wanna go to Fishman Island and when they made that decision? It's been so long I've honestly forgot.
Old 2010-10-27, 17:11   Link #82
The_Three_Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Btw can anyone remind me why the Strawhats all wanna go to Fishman Island and when they made that decision? It's been so long I've honestly forgot.
Well its not that they want to, much more like they HAVE to go. Going to Fishman Island is the only way of getting past the Red Line (or going through Marine HQ, which is stupid for pirates).

Kokoro told them about Fishman Island near the end of the Enies Lobby arc.
Old 2010-10-27, 17:15   Link #83
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
It's the next place the logpost points to...so uhh guess they have to go there.
Old 2010-10-27, 17:24   Link #84
Vicious108

Ah, I see. Thanks.

I suppose they'll run into Jimbei there? Or maybe Arlong, lolz. That would certainly be interesting.
Old 2010-10-27, 17:27   Link #85
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Or maybe Arlong, lolz.
Oh how i wish. Now there's one character i wouldn't mind seeing again for old time's sake. Plus it would be interesting to see how Nami would act around him.
Old 2010-10-27, 17:31   Link #86
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
So would Nami be op now since she can you lightening attacks under water.
Old 2010-10-27, 17:50   Link #87
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Just noticed something odd. Why is one of the okama on page 14 eating a Marine?
Old 2010-10-27, 18:00   Link #88
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Cause it's funny and scary at the same time?

The departure is finally over. Next chapter all SH will interact again XD

For me showing off mentors was a logical explanation on how they got there. It's a big island so they could hang out and it nobody knows when they last saw they disaples. Ussop could be hanging out with Herackles just before he entered the bar. There are bars, and thriller parks on this island so people like Perona could visit those.
Marines could be fighting fake SH instead, but Oda decided to show how the real SH got to the island. I know Reylish could swim there, but could Ussop do the same thing?
Old 2010-10-27, 18:03   Link #89
Blackbeard D. Kuma

The main complaint here is that sometimes Oda makes things too convenient/contrived for the strawhats, which makes it hard for some of us readers to just accept.

It's funny to see how the fanbase here reacts to any negative criticism regarding Oda's work. One could say it's forbidden to express complaints .
Old 2010-10-27, 18:22   Link #90
d' airscapez
stranded in new york

As badass it would be to see the SH destroy the Marines, for some reason I want to see their new powerups in a meaningful way against a worthy opponent.
Old 2010-10-27, 18:28   Link #91
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Because s/he's a man eater . The Okama were actually my favourite part of the chapter...
Old 2010-10-27, 18:29   Link #92
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I can't believe people are complaining about that. Their allies showing up was just fan-service, most of those guys won't appear again for a really long while. It's not like the SH needed any help anyway. Luffy can just KO them without even lifting a finger, Zoro can cut ships in two, Nami can probably conjure hurricanes now, and so on.

Just fan service.
Old 2010-10-27, 18:36   Link #93
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Interesting, 2 years have passed in the OP universe since the SH were separated, 2 years have passed since chapter 514 got published....coincidence????
nice catch! Oda NEVER forgets
Old 2010-10-27, 18:53   Link #94
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
I was hoping an admiral would show up and we'd at least see them do something cool. I thought we'll see a real fight for a looong time now.
Old 2010-10-27, 19:04   Link #95
jersjay

Cheesy chapter, but not awful.

I doubt Perona will join the crew, despite being all tsun tsun (but not yet dere dere) with Sanji. I'm more inclined to believe that she's off to search for Moria. We probably won't see here again until Moria resurfaces... which is sad because Perona is my favorite female in One Piece. In fact, the reason she's probably still at SA is because she's looking for information regarding Moria. It's probably the best starting point to get info if you think about it.

Also Weatheria Island moves ridiculously slow. It wouldn't be absurd that they were still nearby.

Of all the cameos, the only one I found to be a complete stretch was Chopper's bird "friend."

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2010-10-27, 19:17   Link #96
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
This chapter is why I hate time skips. They break the flow of stories. Which has exactly what has happened. Other than Boa, and perona none of these characters are properly introduced which is the issue with the send off. It seems like they come out of no where. Then the fact they really do come out of no where. If they wanted to include them, they should have been shown hanging around the island. The fake SH was not that funny. I hope that some of those characters were actually important, which I'm optimistic about. Oda is good about introducing seemingly minor characters who wind up being huge (e.g. Jimbei is first mentioned in arlong park, chrocus, blackbeard).
Old 2010-10-27, 19:20   Link #97
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
After what happened this chapter, Boa Hancock would soon get the sack from the World Government.
that sounds like a possible rescue mission for luffy in the future.
Old 2010-10-27, 20:17   Link #98
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Punisher View Post
that sounds like a possible rescue mission for luffy in the future.
I wouldn't count on it especially if Blackbeard were involved.
Old 2010-10-27, 20:38   Link #99
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraden1989 View Post
I'm still waiting to see how Sanji reacts when he finds out that Boa loves Luffy!

HEH that is enough of that
To be more correct on the matter how will Sanji react when he finds out that Boa doesn't love him
Old 2010-10-27, 21:13   Link #100
The_Three_Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesatdusk View Post
This chapter is why I hate time skips. They break the flow of stories. Which has exactly what has happened. Other than Boa, and perona none of these characters are properly introduced which is the issue with the send off. It seems like they come out of no where. Then the fact they really do come out of no where. If they wanted to include them, they should have been shown hanging around the island. The fake SH was not that funny. I hope that some of those characters were actually important, which I'm optimistic about. Oda is good about introducing seemingly minor characters who wind up being huge (e.g. Jimbei is first mentioned in arlong park, chrocus, blackbeard).
That's kind've how I feel too. It seems out of place, because while the Straw Hats have known their mentors/allies for 2 years, we were only just recently introduced to them. It does seem kind of odd because you do not know what happened.

That's why I'm thinking that the next few chapters are going to fill us in on what happened during the time skip.
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly chapter discussion