Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-09-02, 11:46   Link #81
spikexp

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
was pushed into a hole and died.
Well, he is still probably alive

Well, Konan probably prepare herself for madara, but she will still get kill/hurt badly no matter what happen.
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 11:47   Link #82
SeanQ

nooo my kisame =(
Old 2010-09-02, 12:05   Link #83
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Well if it was just his left eye, then he could just wear an eyepatch like Danzou or Ao did... When it comes to sasuke, madara only showed him his right eye, to show him the sharigan to prove who he was to sasuke; he did not show his whole face...
To be fair, he wasn't like "Yo Sasuke check out my Sharingan." He was in the middle of taking off his mask, then saw Sasuke's Sharingan going Mangekyou and shat his pants. He still dropped his mask, but obviously plotshadows obstructed our view until he put it back on. My point is, I think he did intend to show Sasuke his whole face.

As for Hidan, I think I heard his immortality comes from his religion, which is to keep slaughtering people on a regular basis. Since he's been helplessly lying in that hole for ages, I think he's dead by now. Then again, it is odd that Kabuto did not summon Hidan, it suggests that he is alive. I dunno, it's confusing.
Old 2010-09-02, 12:18   Link #84
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
As for Hidan, I think I heard his immortality comes from his religion, which is to keep slaughtering people on a regular basis. Since he's been helplessly lying in that hole for ages, I think he's dead by now. Then again, it is odd that Kabuto did not summon Hidan, it suggests that he is alive. I dunno, it's confusing.
Hidan's immortality is based on an experimental jutsu created by the Jashin cultist. He needs "nutrients" to stay alive, but otherwise he can survive anything.

That being said, Hidan, more than likely, wasn’t summoned because: a) Kabuto simply did not know about hi, Hidan is the newest member after all; b) He isn’t dead; or c) he is too weak for Kabuto's purposes. I guess it is also possible that Jashin has his soul
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 12:22   Link #85
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Well if it was just his left eye, then he could just wear an eyepatch like Danzou or Ao did... When it comes to sasuke, madara only showed him his right eye, to show him the sharigan to prove who he was to sasuke; he did not show his whole face... Hell another thing i would bring up is last chapter we had madara, take of his mask COMPLETELY for the first time, only for the flashback to cut out before revealing his true face... is it any coincidence that kisame choose THAT moment to break free of the mind probe? and why doesn't Kishi want us the readers to see madara's real face?
Im with you 100%
there's just this feeling that Tobi really is hiding something.....

Im still with the theory of there might be 2 tobi.... the short hair and the long hair
Old 2010-09-02, 12:31   Link #86
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

You mean like with two different personality's?

The Good Tobi and the Bad Tobi
Old 2010-09-02, 13:03   Link #87
poolfan
NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
No offense to Konan or anything, but Madara'a gonna destroy her. It's not even a contest.
Although the Rinnegan can create unique jutsus, those jutsus can still be learned by a non-Rinnegan user right? Is it too far-fetched to assume that Nagato has taught her some neat tricks over the years?
poolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 13:09   Link #88
poolfan
NOOB

Quote:
I have this weird notion that Kabuto is going to dig out Hidan and create a 3 eyed monster (Sharingan, Byakugan and Rinnegan-to be collected from Nagato) with Hidan's and Orochimaru's DNA. Imagine 6 paths of this freak.
Old 2010-09-02, 13:09   Link #89
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Meh, guess this is the end of Konan. Sure she may put up a good fight, but since this is Madara, the final bad guy of the Naruto story, he cannot die here. Add up to the fact that Konan is a girl in a manga where girls never get any action.... She's dead.
Madara seems to be the "big bad", but he sure didn't look so bad in the flashback. It was a let down to be honest, because if Minato can defeat him so easily, what will be the big deal of Naruto defeating him? Not much of one. I'm sure Madara was probably no where near his full strength -either then or now- but to make things interesting he will probably have to succeed in his plan or somehow become "complete" as he put it.

Quote:
Kisame's death has been drawn out for too long. How does one survive after biting his tongue? Kisame's prolonged life span only served to let Madara know that Naruto and Bee are on the island of.... Whatsitsname.
There have been several worse situations where characters managed to survive, like Deidara's arm being ripped off and bleeding profusely. To answer your question, "one survives" however the author wants them to.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 13:17   Link #90
poolfan
NOOB

Quote:
Strange that she's still wearing the Akatsuki cloak though. I guess she destroyed all her other clothes when she joined Akatsuki.

Nagato started Akatsuki so maybe Konan designed the cloak. The real question would be why Tobi's still wearing it.
Old 2010-09-02, 13:36   Link #91
Slayerx

Quote:
To be fair, he wasn't like "Yo Sasuke check out my Sharingan." He was in the middle of taking off his mask, then saw Sasuke's Sharingan going Mangekyou and shat his pants. He still dropped his mask, but obviously plotshadows obstructed our view until he put it back on. My point is, I think he did intend to show Sasuke his whole face.
Can't recall, but i do think after he gets burned he mentions that he believes Itachi knew that he would want to show Sasuke his sharigan as part of of getting sasuke on his side; afterall, Sasuke is more likely to listen to someone he thinks is a uchiha... furtharmore, there would have been nothing stopping him from turning off his sharigan and showing Sasuke his face, if that was what he really wanted to do...

no seems that all he was doing was making sure sasuke got a good look at his sharigan eye...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 13:50   Link #92
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolfan View Post
Nagato started Akatsuki so maybe Konan designed the cloak. The real question would be why Tobi's still wearing it.
That's debatable actually, in the manga both Nagato and Madara have claimed to have started Akatsuki.
Old 2010-09-02, 13:52   Link #93
Gin
*Artist

I'm a little sad that Kisame died, but at least he got his scroll to Madara, and even scored a little victory over Gai, by having him remember his name. I also liked Samehada crying, Samehada and Bee are a comedic dream team.

Concerning the upcoming Konan vs Madara fight, does Konan know that Tobi is Madara? It sucks that Konan has to die soon, it seems like Kishi is trying to wrap everything up, is Naruto close to ending?
Old 2010-09-02, 13:57   Link #94
Slayerx

I think a better question might be, does konan realize its raining?
No really, didn't nagato have to purposefully turn off the rain so that konan would be able to use her powers to scout and fight with jiraiya? Man it's like watching Roy from FMA, but a lot less funny...
Old 2010-09-02, 13:58   Link #95
JustRob

Obviously she does know it's Madara, remember that first time Madara said "My power, Uchiha Madara's power"? She was there with Pain.

As for the rain, she probably has some kind of workaround. What do you want her to do, do a raindance and hope it stops raining? In the village of Rain? Give her a break.
Old 2010-09-02, 13:59   Link #96
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Wow, Kishimoto still knows a few things, I'm quite surprised.
The arc wasn't a waste after all, Kisame got another chance to display his strength, finésse and resolve, and finally we'll get some hot Konan action. I have to say, this has been the best chapter in quite a while, without a doubt. It continued the plot, had a little action, some philosophy and raised the reader's anticipation of the next chapter with the final page.

And the way Kisame died was awesome. :O
Old 2010-09-02, 14:00   Link #97
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
I think a better question might be, does konan realize its raining?
No really, didn't nagato have to purposefully turn off the rain so that konan would be able to use her powers to scout and fight with jiraiya? Man it's like watching Roy from FMA, but a lot less funny...
Rain doesn't screw up her powers. Oil does.
Old 2010-09-02, 15:25   Link #98
Slayerx

Quote:
As for the rain, she probably has some kind of workaround. What do you want her to do, do a raindance and hope it stops raining? In the village of Rain? Give her a break.
Well she could always try fighting somewhere else... like fighting him outside the village... or maybe just fight him indoors. It does make you question the logic of learning origami ninjutsu in a country where it rains 90% of the time...

Y'know as an aside... was it ever explained how Nagato controlled the rain? I really don't rememeber...

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Rain doesn't screw up her powers. Oil does.
Ofcourse, how silly of me... i have to remember to use Kishimoto logic
Water doesn't effect rain, lightning works on rocks, yep..
Old 2010-09-02, 15:50   Link #99
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

for some reason all I see next chapter is konan throwing like a paper jutsu at madara then getting sucked up in his eye.
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 16:17   Link #100
Lunarskylar

i'll be honest, i think konan will give madara a fight for his money,
i think kishi is trying to "desperately prove" that he isn't completely biased towards women, and that there are many decent kunoichi out there
whihc he just doens't have the time to focus on

but i'm pretty sure he's received enough hate mail about his sexism, so he's decided to have konan have a crowning moment of badass agianst madara,
her fate is most likely sealed and she'll probably be inevitably defeated, but i'm doubting that she'll go down like a weakling (hopefully, i'm holding out for you kishi, don't disappoint)

plus originally when konan was introduced, kishi said he was making a realy strong kunoichi
so, i have hopes for his fight

i'm pretty sure she's going to die, but i think she'll at least make madara get serious on her, but i can see her death, only because she's is most likely going to lose her cloak this fight so kishi can show off the skimpy outfit she apparently wears under her akatsuki robe

i know he's been waiting to show that off

Tags
weekly chapter discussion