AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-12-11, 00:47   Link #81
Alchemist007
*Author

I know it was just to cliffhanger the episode, but kind of funny that it seems like they won the battle. The dragon is still right there .
Old 2023-12-11, 08:13   Link #82
Dj0rel
True Believer

Urgh! This annoys me. They skipped the funniest part. Namely, what was Fate doing when Roxy found him to confront him over his troublemaking.

Spoiler for LN spoiler:
Old 2023-12-11, 10:35   Link #83
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
Urgh! This annoys me. They skipped the funniest part. Namely, what was Fate doing when Roxy found him to confront him over his troublemaking.

Spoiler for LN spoiler:
Dang, that would've been hilarious .
Old 2023-12-17, 12:06   Link #84
Frontier

Greed's shield form really is surprisingly versatile! I think it might just be my favorite of his forms !

Well, this isn't quite the reunion Fate and Roxy would have hoped for each other, especially when she's a little scared of him in his Domain of E state and Fate doesn't have time to talk with her...but at least the truth is finally out there .

Smart of Fate to seal up the Divine Dragon so he can solo Northern, but he's not firing on ally cylinders while Northern still is...but even if it cost Fate an arm, he was able to trick him and catch Northern by surprise, finally finishing him off !

So the Haniel girl was named Luna! And she'd been helping suppress Fate's Gluttony skill this whole time! But she can't do it anymore and Fate will probably lose himself if he kills the Divine Dragon...though he doesn't really have a choice. At least he has Greed. In human form! Turns out that red-haired guy in the OP was Greed the whole time. It's funny, he even looks like redheaded Gilgamesh, right down to the voice .

Fate using all the skill and agility he's gained in his journey to defeat the Divine Dragon! I love how he cut off it's wings and then sliced it in half !

Welp, Fate has finally gone berserk. The Berserk of Gluttony, as it were. But he was smart enough to drain all his stats into unlocking Greed's new form, a staff, and leave himself weak enough for Myne to walk in and finish him off, just like the in the OP .

But no way is Roxy going to let Fate resign himself to death, not after they've just been reunited, and she manages to save him AND suppress the Gluttony skill all with her sincere feelings and gratitude towards Fate! That's what I call the Power of Love !

Look at Eris getting all chummy with Fate like they weren't technically enemies up to this point! And she's got even more exposed cleavage to show off this time around! Though it seems like she was never fully into the whole "kill Roxy" plan, that was Envy possessing Northern (poor guy) who came up with it and she foolishly went along with it. Now she thinks they need Fate, and helping them might give Fate some answers as to his own purpose with his Seven Deadly Sin Skill

I love how not only did they just leave Greed behind but also that Myne just chucked Envy away. I'm sure that'll work .

Miria being a jerk to the bitter end, using Mugin's own love for his daughter against him! Though in turn her own Roxy obsession did her in .

It sucks that Fate and Roxy have to separate again, especially when they never got a chance to really talk, but at least the feelings they share with each other will persist even when they are apart .

So Roxy WAS the Holy Knight who helped Fate out! He was bullied by Holy Knights but Roxy showed him kindness and care. And Fate found a reason to stay in the capital while Roxy found a reason to keep being a Holy Knight. It was rather sweet .

Although as surreal as it was to see Roxy with short-hair, I was kind of surprised at how much taller she was than Fate. It seems like she has heels but she still seemed taller. Is she older than Fate or was Fate so malnourished he didn't grow up properly ?

Oh, I had almost forgotten about the Vlerick siblings. Looks like Rafale is obsessed with Fate now !

Fate and Greed are back at it! And luckily Greed's new form has strong healing magic that can even repair Fate's missing arm! And now the two will continue to hunt, slay, and devour monsters in their quest for answers...and to give Greed all the polish he wants .
Old 2023-12-17, 14:23   Link #85
Dj0rel
True Believer

Feels like they were rushing and skipping a ton of things whole season so that they could put all the effort into the last episode. When I first took note of the pacing the adaptation had I got the impression that they will adapt it all the way up to the conclusion of the Vlerick arc and the proper reunion of Fate and Roxy. I always thought that that wold have been a far better place to end the season because it wraps up all the plot points up to that point while setting up new ones for the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I was kind of surprised at how much taller she was than Fate. It seems like she has heels but she still seemed taller. Is she older than Fate or was Fate so malnourished he didn't grow up properly ?
A little bit of the first and a bit more of the second. Roxy is one year older then Fate. And if you remember Fate was shorter then Roxy at the beginning and hit the growth spurt after he started eating properly.

One more thing. It the anime definitely did a better job at drawing Eris' melons then the manga.
Old 2023-12-17, 16:57   Link #86
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Kind of a weird finale. I'd probably have a great deal less trust in Eris than Fate does. Oh good she totally is going to be cooperative now. Yeah, that's trustworthy considering the stunts she's pulled the whole while. Easy to put all the blame on Envy since he's been punted into orbit by Myne and can't speak up for himself.

Lot of unanswered questions and weird elements to both the show and this finale.

But I guess that's how it goes. At least Fate and Roxy sort of had chances to talk and work things out. Although kind of a weird move to have him get away from Roxy when being near her was the only reason he didn't need to have his head cut off. Is that really the best tactical choice right now?

Show wasn't bad. There were far worse shows or easier ones to drop this season. Though I can't say it's more than a 6.5/10
Old 2023-12-17, 21:40   Link #87
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
Feels like they were rushing and skipping a ton of things whole season so that they could put all the effort into the last episode. When I first took note of the pacing the adaptation had I got the impression that they will adapt it all the way up to the conclusion of the Vlerick arc and the proper reunion of Fate and Roxy. I always thought that that wold have been a far better place to end the season because it wraps up all the plot points up to that point while setting up new ones for the future.
Did a quick check of the LN count and manga adaptation - looks like the anime covered up to about LN Vol 2 - parts of Vol 3(?) and up to about Chp 30-31 of the manga.

There's still plenty of novels to adapt (Vol 8 is the latest) and the manga is at Chp 60.

Funny how the anime adaptation is still behind the manga, compared to others like Tearmoon Empire and Banished from the Hero's Party where the anime has exceeded the manga pacing.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-17, 21:56   Link #88
Gerard07

We missed this anime, in general I liked it, maybe it's not very original or anything but it entertains me, and although maybe some fights lacked some action, it was good, wait for news!
Question for those who are more informed;
Envy and Slow can also change shape like Greed?
What exactly does Eris's Lust ability do? It just makes her look more... cute?
Does anyone have the Pride skill? If so; what are you doing?
Thanks in advance!.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-18, 13:57   Link #89
Lex79

So Eris now is with the good guys, I guess turning the series into an harem is an option if yhe author wants to.
Kinda disappointed that Fate had to part ways with Roxy but was probably unavoidable since she has her duties and wouldn't be able to travel freely with him regardless.
I wouldn't mind a second season, I'm curious enough that I'm going to check the manga.
Old 2023-12-18, 22:08   Link #90
Alchemist007
*Author

Perfectly average show, there's some interesting moments amongst the random monster fighting and identity hiding.

5/10