AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Pairings, Take 2 (multiple choice allowed)
Lelouch stays single 126 11.22%
Lelouch x C.C. 744 66.25%
Lelouch x Kallen 406 36.15%
Lelouch x Shirley 176 15.67%
Lelouch x Millay 65 5.79%
Suzaku x Kallen 150 13.36%
Suzaku x Nunally 102 9.08%
Suzaku x Shirley 46 4.10%
Lloyd x Millay 63 5.61%
Viletta x Ougi 213 18.97%
Rival x Millay 107 9.53%
Lloyd x Cecile 113 10.06%
Schneizel x Cecile 43 3.83%
Cornelia x Guildford 130 11.58%
Other pairings not listed (give who and reason) 78 6.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-21, 14:12   Link #81
ani_d

Dude, the last episode of Season 1 kind of sealed the deal for LuluxCC. They're CANON. I like Lulu with Kallen too, but I don't mind him with CC. I think season 2 will be more interesting cuz the barrier between zero and Kallen has been broken~

Haha what's so wrong with SuzakuxKallen? I voted for them along with LuluxKallen and CC. ^.^ They're so not cliched, mind you. If you want cliche, then look at Suzaku and Euphie. Good thing Sunrise noticed and disposed of Euphie right away. Oh, the horror. :|

When is the next season coming up?
Old 2007-08-21, 14:56   Link #82
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Dude, the last episode of Season 1 kind of sealed the deal for LuluxCC. They're CANON.
I have to disagree. C.C. kissed Lelouch, not the other way around. He was surprised, to say the least, but then again... who wouldn't be? He cares about her, that much is certain, but in my honest opinion Lelouch cares more about the people close to him than a lot of us give him credit for. He is forced to keep his "cold and ruthless" barrier up in order to be able to function (as Zero) properly, but these last two episodes showed us that he can be influenced by his surroundings, and in this case he lost his cool. Apart from the last episode, we've seen him make fairly stupid decisions (from a "leader of the rebellion" sort of point of view) in order to save people he cares about. The best two examples are arguably him saving Kallen and saving/sparing Suzaku.

Anyhow, I would be stupid to ignore the romantic tension between C.C. and Lelouch, but I wouldn't be all too surprised if season 2 finds a way to ruin that pairing. I'm guessing C.C. has some kind of ultimate goal/reason for "using" Lelouch, and depending on what it is and how it ends up, Lelouch might start disliking or even hating her for it. I'm not saying that I think it's going to happen, just that I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happens.

In the end, these pairings are, like Juveniled said a couple of times already, more about "how we want it to be" rather than "how we think it will be". My favorite pairing is LelouchxKallen, simply due to the fact that she is the female character that I like more than the others. I'm looking forward to some C.C.xLelouchxKallen-drama in season 2, but I guess we'll have to wait and see how it turns out. ^^
Old 2007-08-21, 21:54   Link #83
Var
Banned

Quote:
Dude, the last episode of Season 1 kind of sealed the deal for LuluxCC. They're CANON. I like Lulu with Kallen too, but I don't mind him with CC. I think season 2 will be more interesting cuz the barrier between zero and Kallen has been broken~

Haha what's so wrong with SuzakuxKallen? I voted for them along with LuluxKallen and CC. ^.^ They're so not cliched, mind you. If you want cliche, then look at Suzaku and Euphie. Good thing Sunrise noticed and disposed of Euphie right away. Oh, the horror. :|

When is the next season coming up?
For an example right off the top of my head, look at GS and GSD for why SuzakuxKallen is cliche.

I also do not see a single, one sided kiss from an immortal with a private agenda as cannon for anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
I have to disagree. C.C. kissed Lelouch, not the other way around. He was surprised, to say the least, but then again... who wouldn't be? He cares about her, that much is certain, but in my honest opinion Lelouch cares more about the people close to him than a lot of us give him credit for. He is forced to keep his "cold and ruthless" barrier up in order to be able to function (as Zero) properly, but these last two episodes showed us that he can be influenced by his surroundings, and in this case he lost his cool. Apart from the last episode, we've seen him make fairly stupid decisions (from a "leader of the rebellion" sort of point of view) in order to save people he cares about. The best two examples are arguably him saving Kallen and saving/sparing Suzaku.

Anyhow, I would be stupid to ignore the romantic tension between C.C. and Lelouch, but I wouldn't be all too surprised if season 2 finds a way to ruin that pairing. I'm guessing C.C. has some kind of ultimate goal/reason for "using" Lelouch, and depending on what it is and how it ends up, Lelouch might start disliking or even hating her for it. I'm not saying that I think it's going to happen, just that I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happens.

In the end, these pairings are, like Juveniled said a couple of times already, more about "how we want it to be" rather than "how we think it will be". My favorite pairing is LelouchxKallen, simply due to the fact that she is the female character that I like more than the others. I'm looking forward to some C.C.xLelouchxKallen-drama in season 2, but I guess we'll have to wait and see how it turns out. ^^
I agree with this... and lets add...

I'd say his near death with Shirley (twice once at the battle and once later with the gun) is also pretty big, I mean near death come on. It seems that every time he does something out key to save someone, it nearly costs him his life. On the multiple occasion's he saves Kallen he puts himself in front of the gun. Suzaku, same thing. Shirley... quite literally the same thing. Then Nunally... hey look, same thing.
Old 2007-08-21, 23:43   Link #84
ani_d

LOL I really do love Kallen and Lelouch too. I think even more than CCxLulu, but let's just face it. It doesn't matter how the kiss was one-sided or not. The romantic undertone between the two of them, which can be really subtle, is pretty evident. When I saw that scene with Lulu saying he'll have to be the devil if she was the witch, I think I heard some bell ringing announcing that we have a winner lol C.C. is really the intended girl for Lulu. I also don't think they'll EVER be a lovey-dovey type of couple. Just the fact that they'll stay beside each other, no matter who Lulu falls for every now and then, is what makes them cute. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

As for my Kallen. I just want to see how she treats Lelouch now that she finds out he is Zero. The same goes for Lelouch. Let's see if Karen will still let him treat her like a pawn. That would be interestiiing.

About the cliche thing. The only similarity between CagallixAsuran and SuzakuxKallen is the random encounter on the deserted island. Everything is pretty much different from there on. After they got off the island, Cagalli and Asuran stopped being enemies, while Suzaku and Kallen did not. Instead, they were more like rivals now. Lulu is a wuss when it comes to piloting robots so Kallen is the only one who can match up to Suzaku. It should be nice to see some development from those two in case LuluxKallen doesn't work out lol The more messed up their situation is, the more interesting to see them untangle that mess.

I'm not even gonna ramble about how SuzakuxEuphie is cliched cuz it's a waste of time. Compared to that, SuzakuxKallen pairing makes up for better twist of events. I wouldn't mind seeing it happen.

Lastly, Shirley. -_- I just want her out of the picture already.
Old 2007-08-22, 00:28   Link #85
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:

About the cliche thing. The only similarity between CagallixAsuran and SuzakuxKallen is the random encounter on the deserted island. Everything is pretty much different from there on. After they got off the island, Cagalli and Asuran stopped being enemies, while Suzaku and Kallen did not. Instead, they were more like rivals now. Lulu is a wuss when it comes to piloting robots so Kallen is the only one who can match up to Suzaku. It should be nice to see some development from those two in case LuluxKallen doesn't work out lol The more messed up their situation is, the more interesting to see them untangle that mess.

Lastly, Shirley. -_- I just want her out of the picture already.
How did you know that Var was talking about CagalliXAthrun he only mentioned GS and GSD? What about ShinnxStella? But the fact that you immediately thought AthrunXCagalli is what makes it cliche. Also, didn't Suzaku and Kallen stop being enemies at school, even a small stop in fighting is still a stop.

That's what the problem is to me, if you pair up Suzaku and Kallen in the second season, it shows a lack of creativity that made Code Geass a great series.

I agree for the most part about Shirley, but if they can make some kind of plot use out of her more power to them.
Old 2007-08-22, 01:04   Link #86
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
Also, didn't Suzaku and Kallen stop being enemies at school, even a small stop in fighting is still a stop.
Suzaku never consider Kallen an enemy, because he think she is merely:
"confused and could yet be saved."
(Imagine this said with the voice of a TV evangelist.)

But since when did Kallen stop consider Suzaku an enemy? What part of Suzaku is not threatening to everything she hold dear?

Suzaku is still alive because Lulu made sure Kallen couldn't be allowed to kill him, nothing more.
Old 2007-08-22, 03:24   Link #87
ani_d

Quote:
Suzaku never consider Kallen an enemy, because he think she is merely:
"confused and could yet be saved."
(Imagine this said with the voice of a TV evangelist.)
Suzaku is a dork LOL But he tried to kill Kallen without any hesitation whatsoever. The two clearly have no special feelings towards each other right now. That's way different than whatever happened to ShinxStella or CagallixAsuran who already had gotten closer after their first encounter. Just because Suzaku and Kallen had an encounter similar to the ones in GS and GSD doesn't necessarily means that everything about them is cliched. Suzaku and Kallen's relationship is more complicated than what it seems since the both of them have strong opposing beliefs yet so alike in some ways. I think it will be good to see how the creators would mess with them. :|

But I guess SuzakuxNunnaly wouldn't be that bad too. It's just that, I think there would be more drama if Suzaku got involved with Kallen lol
Old 2007-08-22, 03:43   Link #88
Chudley
Silver-eyed Lion King

Nah Suzaku doesnt deserve to hook up with anyone. Last thing i'd want to see is Suzaku x Kallen. Besides i doubt he would get romantically involved with any girl, at least not for a while since Euphemia died not too long ago.
Old 2007-08-22, 04:51   Link #89
tejvenim

Suzuka should hook up with C.C. or Nunnally.

Kallen should hook up with Diethard Ried.
Old 2007-08-22, 10:04   Link #90
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Suzaku never tried to kill Kallen after discovering she was the enemy pilot. The same can't be said for Kallen though.

And I'm quite against the Suzaku xKallen pairing, if only because I happen to think enemy pilots should KILL each other, instead of trying to make friends with each other, reigniting old friendships, or suddenly falling in love.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2007-08-22, 17:18   Link #91
Cal-Reflector

Finally got my hands on Drama CD number 5. Now, the connection between Milly and Lulu will be revealed, to the delight of LuluMilly fans (all five of us) every where. This is why I study Japanese. *Rubs paws*
Old 2007-08-23, 20:30   Link #92
HunterRequiem
Resident cynic

Send a message via AIM to HunterRequiem
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
And I'm quite against the Suzaku xKallen pairing, if only because I happen to think enemy pilots should KILL each other, instead of trying to make friends with each other, reigniting old friendships, or suddenly falling in love.
\

Stupid pilots not killing each other

Anyways, its pretty hard to take battle situations as a basis for relationships, since in a battle, people are either worried about 1) winning or 2) staying alive. Lulouch, granted, is a bit of an exception, but otherwise, just because Kallen and Suzuku tried to kill each other in a KF fight, its still really hard to figure out their feelings. Also, there have been instances where Kallen did not try to kill Suzuku, so, (unfortunatly) its viable. Come to think of it, I'd love to see Suzuku and Shirley fall, and return to Britania. We'd get both of em out of the show and kill two birds with one stone
Old 2007-08-23, 22:59   Link #93
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterRequiem View Post
\

Stupid pilots not killing each other

Anyways, its pretty hard to take battle situations as a basis for relationships, since in a battle, people are either worried about 1) winning or 2) staying alive. Lulouch, granted, is a bit of an exception, but otherwise, just because Kallen and Suzuku tried to kill each other in a KF fight, its still really hard to figure out their feelings. Also, there have been instances where Kallen did not try to kill Suzuku, so, (unfortunatly) its viable. Come to think of it, I'd love to see Suzuku and Shirley fall, and return to Britania. We'd get both of em out of the show and kill two birds with one stone
I must have missed when Kallen did not try to kill Suzaku given the chance while in battle. Given that most often she is on the losing end and being saved by the oddly self-sacrificing Lelouch.

The conflict of ideals also makes them hard to envision. I mean, I personally would hate with a passion someone who just preached to me why my brother was a worthless shit that deserved to die for trying to achieve something through the 'wrong' means. I'd clock him good. But that's just me, and I am not an anime character.

And anyway, we already have Viletta and Ougi, can we not have every pairing as a 'I think I'll defect/fall in love with someone on the other side'. I hate shows that are cliche on themselves.
Old 2007-08-24, 00:06   Link #94
wqwz

I just noticed the fact that this poll doesnt have the "Suzaku stays single" option while lulu has one.....
Old 2007-08-24, 00:15   Link #95
HunterRequiem
Resident cynic

Send a message via AIM to HunterRequiem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I must have missed when Kallen did not try to kill Suzaku given the chance while in battle. Given that most often she is on the losing end and being saved by the oddly self-sacrificing Lelouch.
I didn't mean during battle. I meant in the various school scenes.

Remember, I'm not arguing 1) the relationship would work in real life or 2) I like it, but rather, that it is a viable pairing that the anime may use.
Old 2007-08-24, 03:47   Link #96
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wqwz View Post
I just noticed the fact that this poll doesnt have the "Suzaku stays single" option while lulu has one.....
well, a lot of other male characters didn't have that option too. then again, it is part of the priorities of being the main character, minor characters don't have much of a choice.
Old 2007-08-24, 09:12   Link #97
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterRequiem View Post
I didn't mean during battle. I meant in the various school scenes.

Remember, I'm not arguing 1) the relationship would work in real life or 2) I like it, but rather, that it is a viable pairing that the anime may use.
Well, I don't remember it in school either. I remember her trying to kill him and Lelouch stopping her. Then later she didn't have much option because if she did anything she would be revealed.

Leave it to anime to make the improbable happen
Old 2007-08-24, 09:22   Link #98
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

?? I thought Zero had a talk with Diethard (the same person who manipulated Kallen to do it) and basically told him not to kill Suzaku? I assume the order was eventually passed own to Kallen, or Diethard would be in a very bad position if Kallen killed Suzaku on his insinuation.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2007-08-24, 12:06   Link #99
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
?? I thought Zero had a talk with Diethard (the same person who manipulated Kallen to do it) and basically told him not to kill Suzaku? I assume the order was eventually passed own to Kallen, or Diethard would be in a very bad position if Kallen killed Suzaku on his insinuation.
You might be right. I forgot about the discussion between Zero and Diethard.
Old 2007-08-24, 13:47   Link #100
wqwz

hmmm...but I remember after Kellen tried to kill Suzaku...Zero said something to Dietard like "I didnt remember to tell you do such things"....and Dietard replied "I just gave her a little hint"....

To Cicido: LOL...but I thought the "Suzaku stays single" option will get more votes...><
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, romance