AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-08-29, 10:29   Link #81
Frontier

Arrow

I love how the entire class at this point recognizes that Komura is Mie's special helper, to the point where his guy friends are willing to group with the girls so Komura can be there for Mie because it's just how things should be. Mie's gal pals are the same way, even describing all her quirks and foibles so Komura can take proper care of her !

Y'know I never really saw it before but it seems like Mie does internalize people's criticisms about her, like she's dumb or often screws up a lot, which is actually kind of sad. And builds into the main emotional conflict of the episode .

The couple that is so excited to go on a trip together, oversleeps together, should be together! Especially when Mie breaks her glasses when she rushes to school and, of all things, brings a spare pair of fake glasses she bought because they looked cute. This girl just can't help herself, Komura-kun !

(Also, why would you put your spare glasses in such a spot where you'd never think to look for them or see them? Come on Mie-chan !)

Of course she tries to fake it, and of course Komura helps her through it, but Mie doesn't want to keep relying on Komura. Once she gets lost and has to have Komura find her she breaks down and gets emotional over how she doesn't want to keep being a burden or a screw-up around him, thinking he's probably annoyed with how much help she needs. But that gives Komura the perfect opportunity to confess how he's happy when Mie forgets her glasses because he likes supporting her. It's not quite a love confession, but it's a pretty big deal for these two .

What better way for a girl to demonstrate she doesn't hate you than when she holds your hand ?

It seems like Mie still doesn't recognize the feelings behind Komura's confession, and thinks she has to bear with contacts so she doesn't trouble him any more, but that just bums Komura out .

I was actually wondering if any of Komura and Mie's friends would hit it off, and it seems like Asuka and Yasaka have something going on. And seeing one of her friends in love makes Mie start pondering what it means to have special feelings for someone...and see that same face of someone in love when she's with Komura, causing her to realize he might have those special feelings for her and she has them for him .
Old 2023-08-29, 12:49   Link #82
kuroyanagi

I thought this is one of those shows where the main couple stays in not-yet-lovers limbo forever, but they actually advanced to hand-holding??? And intense gazing at close distance??? So scandalous!
Old 2023-08-29, 16:02   Link #83
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroyanagi View Post
I thought this is one of those shows where the main couple stays in not-yet-lovers limbo forever, but they actually advanced to hand-holding??? And intense gazing at close distance??? So scandalous!
oh, they progress even more.

we saw how badly are mie eyes, she is like one step to be blind and that is sad. Understanable that she needs help without her glasses. I have myopia but I'm grateful that I can handle myselft without glasses.

best chapter of the season for now, the next chapter looks good too. Jelous mie-san again?, all in for that.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-29, 17:55   Link #84
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroyanagi View Post
Yeah, to be honest I wasn't expecting much progress in this show, so pleasantly surprised. Mie became aware Komura likes her romantically and that she likes him as well. Now we just need one of them to confess.

That said, while it's fast for us, it's not fast for them; since more than a year passed since the first episode.
Old 2023-08-29, 20:47   Link #85
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So both group for Kaede & Ai having the same idea just become one group and of course on the day of the field trip she for got a spare glasses and broke the one she was wearing but got to hand it to Kaede come to find Ai when she lost he really should of stuck with her

Maybe Kaede should carry a repair kit on him
Old 2023-08-29, 22:14   Link #86
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

ROFL, I tried to warn folks that this is a slow burn but it does develop. Unfortunately we’re not going to get the best of that if it only runs one season, but the evolution is already happening and it’s becomes less about the supposed hook with the glasses, and more about the relationship and the neuroses of the two leads.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-30, 13:56   Link #87
EroKing

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 09:02.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-30, 16:29   Link #88
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Images
Megami
Mie posing like a glasses cover girl model .
Old 2023-09-05, 10:31   Link #89
Frontier

It seems like an average morning for Komura and Mie...Mie's forgotten her glasses, but she's got a cute hairstyle going, and it seems business as usual. Except Mie is unusually chipper the moment she sees Komura and goes well out of her way to right up into his face to look at him. All the hallmarks of a girl in love !

Hey, fighter jets instead of airplanes! That's a busy airspace near the school .

Figures Someya would see their closeness and mistake it for kissing, though despite Komura's best efforts everyone in class probably already thinks they're a couple. I like how Hibuchi is basically Someya's straightwoman, they seem very cute together .

Komura thinks pretending to be sick will be enough to deter Mie? She'll just give him a mask and still get as close to him as she wants .

Mie jealous of Komura and Someya looking close? Seems like she tried to kick that basketball out of frustration before toppling herself over. Though it did let her and Komura have some alone time in the nurse's room where she expresses how much she wants to see his face when she misses her glasses...and Komura basically gives her the freedom to do so as much as she wishes. I also love how she talked with him about what he does on the weekends, wanting to get to know him better !

"My vision's just fuzzy." "That's your default" Asuka is the best .

Mie's hair is a sacred and holy piece of her body, is Komura truly worthy to be able to cut it!? Even if it's just a small piece of it tangled in the closet door!? Though I can't imagine Mie without her fabulous and wild mane of hair .

And we're not done with Mie's hair! Now Komura gets to basically feel it up, brush it, and help her put her hairband in. And looks like Mie is looking towards the future of them together where Komura can do her hair every morning .

Time for school festival prep and Mie just wants to spend time with Komura! So much so she jumps at the first opportunity to be alone with him in an art room so she can just look at him! Komura thinks this is just how she feels about friends but even he doesn't stay convinced of that for long. Definitely a bunch of special feelings going on between these two .
Old 2023-09-05, 15:42   Link #90
grecefar

Mie-san was top tier in this chapter. She was embracing her feelings, wanting to see the "komura in love face" everytime, wanting to spend time with him following like a lost puppy, being a little jelous of someya and asking him to do her hair and teasing him at the end.

Komura didn't stand a chance this chapter
Old 2023-09-05, 17:51   Link #91
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Komura trying to be careful people don't misunderstand his relationship with Mie when everyone understands just fine and he's the one not getting the full picture.

Glad that Mie's sex hair got the attention it deserved. I think 30% of the budget goes to her hair.
Old 2023-09-05, 20:51   Link #92
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So the school festival is coming up and Ai just wants to look at Kaede its to bad she got ink on her fingers and him ink on his face and yet again Ren is being such a bro

Well Kaede is out of his game when Narumi teases him
Old 2023-09-06, 01:05   Link #93
Alchemist007
*Author

Good scene, Komura really on the line of shounen MC romance density.

Images
Old 2023-09-12, 10:32   Link #94
Frontier

Komura's mom is just built different. I never expected to see an anime mom straight up tell her son he should dye his hair and get his ears pierced, though the way she's holding that beer, I guess she's one of those fun moms .

Mie with pierced ears? Well, she'd look good, but I'm just concerned of the possible safety hazard. All the same, the best thing for Komura's extremely low self confidence is Mie telling him he'd look good with piercings. What better reason for a guy to do it, right ?

6:00 curfew seems kind of strict (although knowing what Mie can get up to if Komura wasn't there...), especially when they need more hands for culture festival prep, but what really makes Mie risk getting in trouble with her parents and losing morning cocoa privileges is making sure Someya and Komura aren't alone together. Go get 'em, girl !

I see you blushing around Yasaka, Asuka .

Of course she's still anxious and worried and eventually rushes back...even if she grabs the wrong shoes. Poor girl is so worried she even cries on the way back to her house. But luckily Komura goes all the way to her house with the right shoes and smooths things over with her mom. And said mom doesn't end up thinking he's a stalker, so that's a win too .

"Mie's mom is pretty" - I love how that was also Komura's takeaway from that encounter. Although we also didn't get to see her face, so we just have to take Mie at his word. Guess it could be where Mie gets her cuteness from .

Komura and Mie's dad! Dude really seems like a cool guy and a good dad, especially when he's willing to let Mie have her cocoa anyways. Makes all the time Komura gets compared to him feel even more meaningful because Mie seems to love her dad a lot .

The culture festival is in full swing and the kids have their art on display, and while Komura isn't proud of his own work, Mie just can't get enough of staring at it with such joy in her face. Just like she can't get enough of seeing Komura's face. That's love for you .

It's sweet how they both ditch the presentations in the gymnasium so they could just sit and enjoy each others' company. Mie thinks she spoils herself too much with all the face-time she gets with Komura, but it's mutual on Komura's part, especially with how beautiful Mie looks when she stares at him. Sure she kind of father-zoned him with her wording, but I don't think she meant it seriously. Komura is just so comfortable and reliable for Mie. Hope they didn't get scolded by the teachers too badly .
Old 2023-09-12, 17:50   Link #95
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Komura and Mie's moms seem like polar opposite. One is pretty much trying to make her son look like a delinquent and the other is super strict with her daughter. Thankfully, Mie's dad is cool, which I never doubted given how much she seems to love him. She talks about him all the time, whereas I don't think she even mentioned her mom until now.
Old 2023-09-12, 18:43   Link #96
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The parents in this series are God-tier (the anime will barely touch on that if it’s only one season).
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-12, 19:05   Link #97
grecefar

I remember the fahter-zone in the manga, I was ready for a witch hunt at that time...
Old 2023-09-12, 20:48   Link #98
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Kaede's mom seem to be cool telling him to dye his hair and get a piercing while Ai's mom seems to be a little hard on her but worry her since she always forgetting her glasses

So Kaede dad zoned but kind of seeing it since he all ways helping her out
Old 2023-09-19, 10:35   Link #99
Frontier

It's hard to imagine a job for Komura that doesn't involve taking care of Mie, though I'm not surprised Mie once dreamed of marrying her dad...and she compares Komura to her dad...I see where this is going. Though I love how Komura sees Smol Mie looking cute in a swimsuit and think he's committed a crime worth turning himself in for .

Well, it's good to know Mie has omurice down as far as her capabilities as a future wife are concerned. And she really got quite bashful when she realized she'd exposed how she put on a Kaede (Maple) symbol on her omurice in honor of Komura. I also love how Komura's mom reacts to her son being her son at the dinner table .

I thought Komura was done getting jealous over Azuma, but I guess he can't help himself when he sees him in a group with Mie instead of him. Though Azuma knows Mie only has eyes for Komura and is just making cookies for him. That and his classmates also talking about how much of a dork he is when it comes to arcade games .

Azuma is crushing on a college girl? Respectable. I'm not sure about his chances, but it's nice to see him and Mie supporting each other in their mutual crushes...even if it just makes Komura jealous. But he runs off in a jealous huff and makes Mie chase after him, all so she can give him the cookies she made JUST for him. Also even out of breath and coughing Mie is cute !

Man, Komura's mom really just treasured pictures of her son falling flat on his face? Feels weird seeing him with black hair too. And of course he takes the picture to school and Mie has to really try hard to see the picture, to the point of kissing it. Now his most embarrassing photo is his most sacred treasure .

I love how Mie ran home to get her glasses and gave them some privacy just because she wanted to see the photo. Or, failing that, see Komura actually pull off the move he failed at. And with the power of God and Mie-san at his side, Komura actually did it! And Mie filmed the whole thing !

Good thing Mie wore shorts when she tried the move herself, though Komura still got a proper nosebleed seeing that like a true Mie-san degenerate .

Final episode! Complete with a new Mie hairstyle, an old acquaintance of Mie's, and a poignant moment between our couple! Bonus points...Komura finally did a proper next episode preview .
Old 2023-09-19, 17:46   Link #100
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Already the final episode next week. I'm going to miss this show.