AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-17, 00:05   Link #81
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
um im have the urge to say this but

did any one notice that the main character sin death note ahs a sigbificant face value..........err i mean i keep seeing light and NL`s faces in the main protagonist
ermmm, a bit?
Old 2008-10-17, 00:55   Link #82
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

well it is only my opinioon hehehe
Old 2008-10-18, 09:05   Link #83
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

OK i know double posting is bad but HELL YESS SHUUJIN IS SOOO TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

though mashimaro`s drawing made him fall back a bit but still he is at a disadvantage cuz he just started drawing 4 months before

And hell yeah nice pinch on a totaly dick headed fake mangaka!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2008-10-18, 10:34   Link #84
DeotoxSlayer

So who are the Two girls that were over at Shujin's at the end of chapter 10. I believe that the black haired one is the really smart one that was said to be stuck up, Iwase or something like that but I don't recognize the other one.
Old 2008-10-18, 12:59   Link #85
xplicitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
So who are the Two girls that were over at Shujin's at the end of chapter 10. I believe that the black haired one is the really smart one that was said to be stuck up, Iwase or something like that but I don't recognize the other one.
She's Miyoshi, Azuki's best friend, she appears in chapter 7 I think?
Old 2008-10-18, 13:13   Link #86
ritalman

Send a message via MSN to ritalman
She's also the one who tries to prevent a further beating
Old 2008-10-18, 17:33   Link #87
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplicitz View Post
She's Miyoshi, Azuki's best friend, she appears in chapter 7 I think?
O-O

I though of that but she seemed to look a bit difference.

It's too bad that Iwase was in Shujins apartment though. I was hoping that she'd end up liking Mashiro to cause a little drama, but it seems like she'll end up liking Shujin.
Old 2008-10-18, 17:39   Link #88
ZODDGUTS

She's also the one that Takagi kinda confessed to eventhough he didn't mean it that way. So she thinks he likes her, it seems she's interested in him, she did stop the fight and went to he's house. Not sure about the other girl, she could also like Takagi possible love triangle? Or maybe she's one of those characters that despite their outer "perfect" apperances is secretly interested in manga.
Old 2008-10-18, 19:15   Link #89
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
She's also the one that Takagi kinda confessed to eventhough he didn't mean it that way. So she thinks he likes her, it seems she's interested in him, she did stop the fight and went to he's house. Not sure about the other girl, she could also like Takagi possible love triangle? Or maybe she's one of those characters that despite their outer "perfect" apperances is secretly interested in manga.
I was thinkinfg that too(about her being a closet Otaku). Though I was hoping that she'd end up liking Mashiro to cause a little drama, but it seems like she'll end up liking Shujin.
Old 2008-10-18, 22:09   Link #90
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

Holy shit, this chapter.
Old 2008-10-19, 05:00   Link #91
LCeh

I just picked this series up and it gets my approval.

Our two main characters have done enough to separate themselves from our typical shounen heroes, and their conversations usually are thoughtful while staying true to their age. A breath of fresh air within the midst of fighting shounen series.

The feeling I got from this manga is that this is gonna be a relatively short series, ie not going to past 30 chapters, but I could well be wrong.
Old 2008-10-19, 07:08   Link #92
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
I just picked this series up and it gets my approval.

Our two main characters have done enough to separate themselves from our typical shounen heroes, and their conversations usually are thoughtful while staying true to their age. A breath of fresh air within the midst of fighting shounen series.

The feeling I got from this manga is that this is gonna be a relatively short series, ie not going to past 30 chapters, but I could well be wrong.
As long as they don't leave the romance dept. hanging. OMFG Death Note creators doing a Shonen Romance manga lol. /30 chapters is enough I agree too. Maybe the manga will end by the time they debut officially as manga artists.
Old 2008-10-19, 12:32   Link #93
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

The romance in the story is kinda weak as it is.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2008-10-24, 23:39   Link #94
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Hahaha, oh boy, that particular *misunderstanding* gets cleared up fast.

...and a little painful for Shuujin.

Looks like Mashiro is still the ambitious one. The "3's" weren't nearly as bad as it first seemed after all, and he's recovered fast. I still like it that the wannabe got his fistful of comeuppance though. It hits home pretty well considering how many weeaboo's out there seem to think drawing a mangaesque picture or two puts you on the highway to manga stardom.

Also, lol @ "Jump-like" protagonists. Lame.
Old 2008-10-25, 00:50   Link #95
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Chptr 11: Funniest chapter as of the moment (/well at the first half of it).

Second part was the "more-manga-info's-and-trivia's-part" w/c is well still a good read.
Old 2008-10-25, 03:39   Link #96
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Sigh...Shujin has it pretty hard...

I sure hope this doesn't turn into a shounen romance drama full of misunderstandings where a guy gets the blame for everything that's wrong in a relationship. I really liked how he said he just wanted to draw manga. A man has to follow his dreams above all!

By the way, it was really cool to see how their manuscript was evaluated by some of the most famous shounen writers: Toriyama, Oda, Kishimoto. I'd like to see more references to real-world manga in the future.
Old 2008-10-25, 11:36   Link #97
LCeh

Was it just me or was the "romance" in the first 10 pages or so a little out of place? It's like it came up in between two events, and yet had nothing to do with either of them.

Anyway, good to see Mashiro being so determined to get himself a manga serialized so quickly, and seems like the Editor-in-Chief will be giving them a hand as well.
Old 2008-10-25, 14:21   Link #98
kakakka

The manga is nice.
The thing that bothered me a little is the fact that "Jump" material is supposed to have a super strong protagonist. It kind of makes me sad, since as times goes on, the plot of the manga becomes pedictable and the manga begins to be boring.
Old 2008-10-25, 19:15   Link #99
SinsI

My worst fear is that their "success" manga is going to be Bakuman itself...
Old 2008-10-25, 21:35   Link #100
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

The funny thing about the super strong protagonist is that in the first place, this protagonist isn't such a person.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, shounen