AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-06-05, 10:56   Link #81
Verisimilitude

I can just image a scene where Miyuki becomes clan head and she gathers the entire family together and presenting an ultimatium regarding Tatsuya's treatment.
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 11:34   Link #82
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
If Miyuki finally becomes the heir as head of the Yotsuba her name will be changed to Yotsuba Miyuki right?But Tatsuya will stay as a Shiba?If that happens can they both get married as they have a way to bypass laws that prevent them from marrying since they currently have the same surnames.just wishful thinking
Yes it's wishful thinking. Having different surnames doesn't change your blood ties.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 11:39   Link #83
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Question for the Hundred Families; They can't ascend to the 28 families right?

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 12:47   Link #84
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Maybe if they got a strategic-class magician.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 12:50   Link #85
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Maybe if they got a strategic-class magician.
If they have a strategic class magician they will probably shot up to the literal 10MC's.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 21:37   Link #86
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
this might be little nitpicking, but is it "Vol.3" or "Vol.13"?
Vol. 3
The first part of Nine School Competition Arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
They can't. The Ten Master Clan are reserved for the descendants of the products of ten magic labs.
Old 2014-06-08, 14:44   Link #87
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
Vol. 3
The first part of Nine School Competition Arc

They can't. The Ten Master Clan are reserved for the descendants of the products of ten magic labs.
Actually, it looks like the Hundred families are also pat of the Numbers and therefore eligible for promotion to a Master Clan.
Old 2014-06-08, 15:02   Link #88
Echizen777

Quote:
Actually, it looks like the Hundred families are also pat of the Numbers and therefore eligible for promotion to a Master Clan.
Hundred families are part of the numbers but are not product from the researches labs only the 28 families are eligible which bear number between 1 and 10.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 06:30   Link #89
mrSh4dy

Just some wild speculation but is it possible that the Saegusa might lose their position in the ten master clans? Considering Koichi last few actions (stirring up anti magical sentiment, his current treasonous behavior towards Japan).

Though I agree losing the Saegusa family wouldn't be in Japan's best interest they can't let 1 family get away with all these crimes especially when things escalate beyond Koichi's control (which seems to be the current set up).

What do you guys think?
mrSh4dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 06:47   Link #90
Astraeia

The Saegusa are needed to retain any semblance of keeping the Yotsuba in check. Koichi seems to act for that purpose, as well, so unless brown matter hits rotating matter in major ways, the other clans will let it go. I don't see such an destabilizing event to happen any time soon, though. It'd actually be interesting after all. Anyway, Koichi's position is probably rather safe. The Yotsuba might just make him regret ever being born if he acts up too much.

And even if there are official consequences, it'll probably against Koichi himself. As I said, the Saegusa are too big and too needed.
Astraeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 07:29   Link #91
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrSh4dy View Post
Just some wild speculation but is it possible that the Saegusa might lose their position in the ten master clans? Considering Koichi last few actions (stirring up anti magical sentiment, his current treasonous behavior towards Japan).

Though I agree losing the Saegusa family wouldn't be in Japan's best interest they can't let 1 family get away with all these crimes especially when things escalate beyond Koichi's control (which seems to be the current set up).

What do you guys think?
In the history of the ten master clans, the saegusa have always been a part of it since its creation. Hey are not in any danger of losing it
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 07:32   Link #92
I'm-here-present

Seagusa is pretty much a superpower in the Ten Master Clans.

Seagusa removed would mean quick domination sweep by the Yotsuba family that has the candy colored collection of monstrous magicians.
I'm-here-present is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 07:48   Link #93
My Zodiac Aries

Quote:

What do you guys think?
I think KUDOU will be the first one losing their position.
My Zodiac Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 09:01   Link #94
mrSh4dy

I should clarify a bit
I meant in a situation where shit hits the fan (disabling even the Yotsuba) and the direct aftermath of that enormous shitstorm what might actually happen to the Seagasu family.

Because objectively speaking Koichi has crossed too many lines with his personal vendetta against the Yotsuba and considering how the Ichihara family was treated I can't imagine this won't ostracize the Seagasu family (the public might demand action).

But I agree with what most people say, this is an unlikely scenario considering their current strength. But I can't imagine with the current set up and foreshadowing that this won't escalate in a bad way.
Old 2014-06-09, 09:34   Link #95
renuac

I have a hard time imagining the Yotsuba letting themselves be disabled in the first place, to be honest ^^ But even assuming your hypothetical situation, it would take a lot more than what we've seen so far for the powerful and influential Saegusa to be taken out.

Comparing the Ichihana situation doesn't work since they were struck from the Numbers for magic that was deemed inhumane at the time. Even assuming those moral standards still hold, the Saegusa haven't been developping any horrifying new magic tht we know of.

The full extent of Koichi's dealings aren't currently known to anyone except Nakura, so while those dealings might come to light one day, there's also a chance they won't. And if they do, Koichi will probably have a good explanation for them. (And some of those explanations might even be true.)

And really, what has Koichi done that is worse than what the Kudou have tried to pull? If Retsu can escape the consequences of his decisions, so can Koichi. Or if not, there are always scapegoats to be found.

With all that said though, I'm not really expecting the 10 Master Clan system to still be around by the end of the story. It's already cracking at the seams.
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 09:51   Link #96
bakato

Quote:
I should clarify a bit
I meant in a situation where shit hits the fan (disabling even the Yotsuba) and the direct aftermath of that enormous shitstorm what might actually happen to the Seagasu family.

Because objectively speaking Koichi has crossed too many lines with his personal vendetta against the Yotsuba and considering how the Ichihara family was treated I can't imagine this won't ostracize the Seagasu family (the public might demand action).

But I agree with what most people say, this is an unlikely scenario considering their current strength. But I can't imagine with the current set up and foreshadowing that this won't escalate in a bad way.
Not really. All he's done is poke his nose into the Yotsuba and created a media uproar, which would have admittedly benefited magicians in the long term.
Old 2014-06-09, 11:28   Link #97
Astraeia

There is only one way for the Yotsuba to fall: by going against Tatsuya. Which they won't do, ever. The big bad boogeyman that even Miyuki is frightened of... is actually their tame little lap dog. In spite of all the "Oh, Aunt, Yotsuba, powerful, scary, oppressive" since volume 1 or 2, all the Yotsuba have ever actually done was supportive. Thus they are on Tatsuya's side and no harm will come to them...
Astraeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 14:10   Link #98
Kokus

well theoretically the saegusa could lose there number.

The reasons for stripping off their number could be from causes such as: the crime of treason, the crime of failure to perform an important duty, and ‘incompetence’.
(from mahouka wiki)

the 10 master clan systhem is crumbling at the moment anyway so basically if the saegusa lose there number that would just be the last nail in the coffin.
the whole 10mc systhem was designed to keep the clans in check but the yotsuba geting far to powerfull (in the eyes of koudo/koichi and they don't even know about tat's(mahesvara/sc magic)).
there is even the possibility that the whole parasite doll thing gets published (that would shake the trust in the 10mc even more ) well its going to be fun to read if it happens.^^°
Kokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 14:48   Link #99
mrSh4dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by renuac View Post
I have a hard time imagining the Yotsuba letting themselves be disabled in the first place, to be honest ^^ But even assuming your hypothetical situation, it would take a lot more than what we've seen so far for the powerful and influential Saegusa to be taken out.

Comparing the Ichihana situation doesn't work since they were struck from the Numbers for magic that was deemed inhumane at the time. Even assuming those moral standards still hold, the Saegusa haven't been developping any horrifying new magic tht we know of.

The full extent of Koichi's dealings aren't currently known to anyone except Nakura, so while those dealings might come to light one day, there's also a chance they won't. And if they do, Koichi will probably have a good explanation for them. (And some of those explanations might even be true.)

And really, what has Koichi done that is worse than what the Kudou have tried to pull? If Retsu can escape the consequences of his decisions, so can Koichi. Or if not, there are always scapegoats to be found.

With all that said though, I'm not really expecting the 10 Master Clan system to still be around by the end of the story. It's already cracking at the seams.
If the public get's involved that could tie the Yotsuba family down.
Something like a public trial of the ten master's clan after some sort of magical disaster. This would cause a nation spread anti magic revolution which limits the power of the ten clans.

Now if it ever get's leaked that Koichi worked together with an anti magic revolutionary from a different country he loses any and all support from the other families and this would surely lead to his children/family being ostracized just like the Ichihara family.
The easiest way to leak would obviously be that sage dude spilling the beans, but Zhou or Nakura are also possible. It doesn't really matter it just seems to be a really high risk gamble on Koichi's side that has no safety net.
Now add to that the wide scale media manipulation leaking out and he loses public support as well.
Even Katsuto and Mayumi commented on the inherent risk of that media campaign.
It all points to Koichi acting smarter then he actually is.

Kudou can also cause a ruckus and upset current established order but though he himself has a lot of influence his family has a lot less. I could see those parasite dolls blowing up in his face and setting things up, but not on the same scale of a scandal involving the most powerful magician clan.

At least that's my take on what could happen.

Quote:
Not really. All he's done is poke his nose into the Yotsuba and created a media uproar, which would have admittedly benefited magicians in the long term.
Mayumi and Katsuto commented on that and raised an interesting point that basically meant he was playing with fire.
While I don't see the media manipulation turn against him just yet his blind rivalry with the Yotsuba does seem to make him take unnecessary risks and gambles without considering the backlash. Something is just waiting to explode in his face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraeia View Post
There is only one way for the Yotsuba to fall: by going against Tatsuya. Which they won't do, ever. The big bad boogeyman that even Miyuki is frightened of... is actually their tame little lap dog. In spite of all the "Oh, Aunt, Yotsuba, powerful, scary, oppressive" since volume 1 or 2, all the Yotsuba have ever actually done was supportive. Thus they are on Tatsuya's side and no harm will come to them...
I never said fall. I said disabled as in tide down by politics, public opinion and other stuff that restricts movements and their influence.

How Tatsuya would respond I don't know he can go either way (destroying Yotsuba or "saving" it).

Last edited by mrSh4dy; 2014-06-09 at 15:28.
Old 2014-06-09, 20:06   Link #100
Wandering Soul

Quote:
I should clarify a bit

Kochi's actions aren't that well known so far and the only things he has really done is get involved in the Yotsuba's business and influence the media. I just don't see that as being enough to cause a clan as influential as the Saeguesa to lose their spot in the 10MC.

I do agree with Mayumi and Katsuto that he is playing with fire at the moment but it remains to be seen how it is gonna blow up in his face.

Also whether Tatsuya would save or destroy the Yotsuba depends on which actions he think will be better for Miyuki.