4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-08-16, 13:44   Link #81
SMT
*Artist

My guess is he will probably reach another checkpoint this time.
As Dengar said too much already happened and it would be really fail if he starts before what happened in episode 18 again.

I'm not sure how the whole checkpoint stuff works yet but maybe it's based on how much he accomplishes and less of how much time passes. I'd go as far to say the talk in episode 18 was already a big accomplishment.
SMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 13:47   Link #82
Ricadan
Formerly Anonymous

Exciting episode. I'm glad they actually brought artillery, so I guess they're not stupid. I'm guessing next episode Wilhelm will do something inside one of the whales to make it go berserk, and maybe that will make it kill the other whales. Or it's an illusion, who knows.
Ricadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 17:54   Link #83
Mangonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOapps View Post
My guess is he will probably reach another checkpoint this time.
As Dengar said too much already happened and it would be really fail if he starts before what happened in episode 18 again.

I'm not sure how the whole checkpoint stuff works yet but maybe it's based on how much he accomplishes and less of how much time passes. I'd go as far to say the talk in episode 18 was already a big accomplishment.
I would imagine being on the right track as far as Satella sees it would be the key to updating the checkpoint. Assuming of course that Satella is the reason and controller of his 'curse'.

That said, emotional talks I don't think would qualify for Satella to update his checkpoint as much as securing help from Crusch and Co. would. If we assume Satella can in fact control whats happening with him then it makes sense his checkpoint would be updated to at least after the deal with Crusch was struck because at that point I don't see how Subaru could do anything more right.

That the Whale strikes at a specific time means even if he spent the time he was breaking down to Rem setting up the deal it ultimately wouldn't change when the fight vs the Whale starts.
Mangonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 21:51   Link #84
DemonneoPT

There is still a chance Wilhelm is actually alive and could eventually destroy the Whale from inside. If that turns out to be the Whale's weakness i will laugh so much especially because Wilhelm's death is being taken from granted by almost everyone . The guy already proved he is OP as fuck and if someone can do it, it's him! It would be a nice twist tho!

Last edited by DemonneoPT; 2016-08-17 at 06:54.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 22:21   Link #85
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
There is still a chance Wilhelm is actually alive and could eventually destroy the Whale from inside. If that turns out to be the Whale's weakness i will laugh so much especially because Wilhelm's dead is being taken from granted by almost everyone . The guy already proved he is OP as fuck and if someone can do it, it's him! It would be a nice twist tho!
Well, the whale's teeth line the outside of his mouth, so there's a chance, unless the whale can just simply gas him on the inside of his mouth.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-17, 04:47   Link #86
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't think it's very comfortable being swallowed whole by a whale. Just saying. I mean it's possible he's alive but he kinda has to act fast. It's kinda cramped in there and I doubt there's much air.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-17, 11:11   Link #87
com_gwp

The first episode in a while that I can unequivocally say I enjoyed; ReZ has always worked best for me when it is a thrill ride of a fantasy, and White Fox really pulled out the stops on the white whale fight. And to top it off, Wilhelm's interspersed backstory was surprisingly effective in giving the fight a more personal edge.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-17, 11:39   Link #88
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
I don't think it's very comfortable being swallowed whole by a whale. Just saying. I mean it's possible he's alive but he kinda has to act fast. It's kinda cramped in there and I doubt there's much air.
Gepeto and Jonah were able to do it, he'll be fine.

----

We are at the point where I am eagerly anticipating but also dreading the next episode, given that the end is nigh.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-17, 15:58   Link #89
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Those were fairy tales that determined that whales are somehow hollow on the inside.. I'd like to think that apart from all the magic and badassery they'd at least adhere to some physical laws.
Old 2016-08-17, 16:14   Link #90
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Those were fairy tales that determined that whales are somehow hollow on the inside.. I'd like to think that apart from all the magic and badassery they'd at least adhere to some physical laws.
For the whale shaped flying monsters that spew existence erasing gas and multiply itself by three?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-17, 16:42   Link #91
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You know full well what I meant.
Old 2016-08-17, 16:57   Link #92
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah, but while I'd expect the ground dragons to be nothing more than big, long legged lizards, I see no reason to think the "laws of physics" hold much sway over the whales. Even, say, a bigger on the inside deal where the esophagus leads to a large swath of territory with its own sky and human-friendly ecosystem wouldn't be all that surprising. The whales just aren't a good spot to make a stand for realism.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-17, 17:27   Link #93
bakato

Here's some info I found:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop
Some fun facts about Re Zero’s author!
– Not a professional writer, but works as a meat shop butcher (Currently taking leave from his job to assist on the anime)
– He thinks up plot developments whilst working, and sometimes likes yelling Subaru’s name during the meat cutting
– Emilia’s his favourite character, but thinks Crusch is the best ruler candidate
– He loves putting Subaru through lots of sh*t because it’s fun, but also to give him constant development (The author believes MCs grow strong through adversity). He’s thinking he’s been too soft on Subaru lately and needs him to experience even more intense sh*t
Well, this explains a lot and Teppei clearly understand the secret to good character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelo
About the soldiers knowking how many people are missing, the author explained their method: basically, they made platoons with a fixed number of soldiers (15, iirc), and every platoon has the same number of others, no exceptions.
This way, even if someone’s existence is erased, they will know something is missing.
“My platoon is complete, 13 men”
“But my platoon is complete too, and we are 15″
“Something is not right”
It’s simple, but effective.
Of course, it has limits: it works only if the fog doesn’t erase someone from each platoon (that’s why their tactic is to split), because they won’t remember the actual starting number of soldiers, but only that there’s supposed to be a fixed number for each platoon.
For example, let’s say that there are three platoons of 15 men each, so 15-15-15.
If the fog erases people so that we have 12-13-15, the lost number is five, and they know that. But if the fog erases them so that there are 12-13-13, they will think that only one person is missing, when the lost number is actually seven.
Old 2016-08-17, 18:07   Link #94
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, but while I'd expect the ground dragons to be nothing more than big, long legged lizards, I see no reason to think the "laws of physics" hold much sway over the whales. Even, say, a bigger on the inside deal where the esophagus leads to a large swath of territory with its own sky and human-friendly ecosystem wouldn't be all that surprising. The whales just aren't a good spot to make a stand for realism.
Well, until such a thing is shown, I will be fine with just assuming it's just a regular whale with magical powers.

Anyway all I'm saying is, if there is still anything the old man can do, he'd better do it before he suffocates.
Old 2016-08-17, 21:54   Link #95
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

whoa.... Wilhelm got a very cute waifu there...

after all of those badass and bloody efforts, it appeared that Wilhelm didn't manage to get his revenge
and that Whale also taken out Anastasia's strongest subordinate
With this, Crusch and Anastasia have lost their important members

I really hope that last scene is just an illusion.. How could they face 3 super-sturdy Whale? This is even worse that regeneration ability
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 00:19   Link #96
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
whoa.... Wilhelm got a very cute waifu there...

after all of those badass and bloody efforts, it appeared that Wilhelm didn't manage to get his revenge
and that Whale also taken out Anastasia's strongest subordinate
With this, Crusch and Anastasia have lost their important members

I really hope that last scene is just an illusion.. How could they face 3 super-sturdy Whale? This is even worse that regeneration ability
They need to call Shiroe to come up with a strategy
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 20:07   Link #97
AB079
Banned

As always here is the preview of Episode 21, seems like the battle against the White Whale is going to last until episode 22.

Spoiler for Preview ep 22:
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 00:59   Link #98
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

As usual Re:zero is at its worst when it's spoiling everything on the previews. Watch at your own peril.

Last edited by Proto; 2016-08-20 at 11:28.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 11:49   Link #99
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Here's some info I found:

Well, this explains a lot and Teppei clearly understand the secret to good character.
You can read more of the interview here.
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comme...5y&sh=4bc089f6
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 18:55   Link #100
snkpro386

Wilhelm continues the grand tradition of anime butlers being GAR as hell.

Good God, this one episode is more epic than the entirety of certain "epic" animes I could name off. And the crazy part? It's not even over yet!

Theresia's visual design is gorgeous, and the OST delivered, like usual. It's also quite something to compare how much Subaru's character has changed since the beginning.

5 episodes to go. How will an anime-only latecomer* like me react? Only time will tell.

*Am I really a latecomer since I only started shortly after the anime finished its run?
snkpro386 is offline   Reply With Quote