AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-17, 10:39   Link #81
James Rye

Aww, a grenade ring proposal, how romantic~ <3

Anya got a real pretty and cool new Mom now. Only thing left is to beat the interview and then it is easy sailings from here (as if XD).

Franky is the kinda partner you want to have, always by your side, ready to do anything, always prepared with new gadgets. Just make sure to pay him.^^

Loid and Yor gonna be the envy of many parties for sure, like they look so incredible handsome, it feels almost fake. No wonder Camilla lost it though it seems Loid's "dedication" speech changed her mind from the looks of it. At least this whole husband story should ease the mind of her younger brother. :P

I wonder if this Berlint is broken in two parts as well like the original Berlin was or if it is only the captial of Ostania.

Anyway, this episode sorta explained why WISE left Twilight hanging with his mission, they got so little agents in the field due the hunts they are giving him even more missions on top of this incredible tough mission. Really bad working environment, Twilight should sue.
Old 2022-04-17, 12:06   Link #82
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I knew she had great comedy chops when I first heard her in Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (her first major role) .
I honestly mostly follow VN and game seiyuu so I'm oblivious to their anime roles a lot of times. I might check it out.

Niimi Sora had one of the best siscon routes I've seen in 9-Nine... if chuunige is your thing. Great rapid fire banter if nothing else.
Spoiler for Sora:
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-17, 13:35   Link #83
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Episode 2 was a blast! Several momentous scenes from this episode:

Anya realizing the heistancy of both Loid Forger and Yor Briar and then acting out with the hopes of conjuring up the reality of combining an assassin and a spy into a relationship for her own entertainment (those TV spy shows aren't enough for her, are they?) - and we had the narrator voice this which was great.

Franky being the willful cross dresser (and failing), but likes peanuts, and also the partner in crime, but also fighting over the diamond. Seriously, how did the two of them survive the crash and what happened to him after Loid ditched him to go to the party late?

We get some nice legwork by Yor at the party and in the back alleys, which was really nice.

And finally, that proposal! Grenade ring for the win!

EDIT: I wonder if Yor's younger brother is also in the spy business, and has potentially worked with Loid in the past or connected somehow.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-17, 13:54   Link #84
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
Episode 2 was a blast! Several momentous scenes from this episode:

Anya realizing the heistancy of both Loid Forger and Yor Briar and then acting out with the hopes of conjuring up the reality of combining an assassin and a spy into a relationship for her own entertainment (those TV spy shows aren't enough for her, are they?) - and we had the narrator voice this which was great.

Franky being the willful cross dresser (and failing), but likes peanuts, and also the partner in crime, but also fighting over the diamond. Seriously, how did the two of them survive the crash and what happened to him after Loid ditched him to go to the party late?

We get some nice legwork by Yor at the party and in the back alleys, which was really nice.

And finally, that proposal! Grenade ring for the win!

EDIT: I wonder if Yor's younger brother is also in the spy business, and has potentially worked with Loid in the past or connected somehow.
Yuri's work is a spoiler. Just wait for it.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-17, 14:07   Link #85
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
Also some literal Yor legs .
Old 2022-04-17, 22:01   Link #86
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
It is not always action-packed. Some chapters switch to SoL comedy.
As long as they're not all SoL then I'm all for it
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-18, 02:12   Link #87
EroKing

Given Anya can just hear their thoughts, gonna be an interesting sex life for this couple...

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-15 at 13:57.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-18, 02:32   Link #88
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post

Given Anya can just hear their thoughts, gonna be an interesting sex life for this couple...

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Well I suppose it will be more interesting for Anya than the couple . At least until she lets them know she's able to hear their thoughts. Although I suppose the odds are decent that nothing too serious will happen until all parties involved fully disclose things.

Anya's expressions are just awesome and should be a real highlight for the show. That's already been the case and should continue to be so.
Old 2022-04-18, 09:40   Link #89
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well I suppose it will be more interesting for Anya than the couple . At least until she lets them know she's able to hear their thoughts. Although I suppose the odds are decent that nothing too serious will happen until all parties involved fully disclose things.

Anya's expressions are just awesome and should be a real highlight for the show. That's already been the case and should continue to be so.
I sense plenty of misunderstandings among this family in the future .
Old 2022-04-18, 10:28   Link #90
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Anya has the best faces since Asirpa-san in Golden Kamuy.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-23, 10:33   Link #91
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Nice & simple episode. Building a family chemistry is indeed an important preparation before the interview.

Also, if Yor likes sharp blades so much, why is her primary weapon big stabby needle?
Old 2022-04-23, 11:01   Link #92
Frontier

We get an intro and a recap now! I just love all the dead bodies and Anya looking down at them on Loid's side like "oh wow, Papa killed a lot of people!" .

It's finally time for Yor to move on in, and honestly despite this being a fake marriage and a sham marriage on paper, it feels like she has this new beautiful glow about her now that she's a "newlywed" wife and mother. Also Loid radiating strong dad and husband energy in that white t-shirt .

Look at Yor blushing over being a "mama" and Anya showing her around the house in the most adorable way! She really doesn't seem to mind having a daughter now at all .

Anya tries, even if she's more comedy relief than actually helpful around the house .

Good thing Anya's telepathy lets her get the picture quick lest she reveal her new mama's murder tools to her papa .

The family has already settled into their first meal together as a family. You gotta love it .

Loids' prep for the school interview doesn't go as well as he'd hoped...Anya is a kid so she doesn't really understand much and Yor can only relate stuff to trying to hurt/kill people. It seemed like Anya was getting a face-full of what she was thinking of when she read her mind too .

But what better way for them to better get to know each other than an excursion as a family! Of course, apparently Yor has had superhuman abilities since she was young and broke her little brothers' ribs, so maybe be careful when holding hands .

I guess nothing says upper-class like visiting the Opera or an art museum. Anya just falls asleep at the Opera and Yor just doesn't get it, but Anya telling it like it is at the museum and then her "masterpiece" drawing of their family was priceless .

Yor really does think like an assassin, doesn't she? She seems turned on by knives and objects of death/execution like a guillotine and she judges her clothes by the expectation that they'll probably get blood on them. You're stuck with a dangerous one, Loid Forger .

Yor may be an assassin, but she also has a strong sense of justice, and she won't let someone who'd steal a purse from an old woman get away, and with the help of her new family (with Anya pushing her telepathy to the limit and Loid using his spy skills) they're able to stop the thief. The family that fights crime together, stays together .

That old lady is a very effective handshaker! And Loid finally receives praise for his heroics, something he was reared never to expect as a spy, which is a good feeling for him. And this really brought the family together .

We get the proper Ending now, which is Anya going through portraits of her parents and different environments and the supporting cast, only to end on familial bliss and fun with her family .
Old 2022-04-23, 11:30   Link #93
Decel

I hope they don't play the recap every episode. Cuts on the actual content. The ED song is so-so, but the animation is nice, if a bit too spoilery at this point.

The episode is definitely the slowest of the 3 so far, and maybe the weakest too, but there slice-of-life vibe is setting itself in nicely.

We're starting to get the inner-personalities of the 3 mains, Anya's limitations were unexpected. I thought she could trigger her mind-reading at will, but now I'm not sure if she has control over her powers. It was good character development.
Old 2022-04-23, 12:19   Link #94
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
The episode is definitely the slowest of the 3 so far, and maybe the weakest too, but there slice-of-life vibe is setting itself in nicely.
It felt strongly like an establishing episode for the next episode.

It is a bit strange that they're hiding Yor's brother's photo. Very, "the character design isn't finalized yet."
ryllharu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-23, 12:24   Link #95
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
It felt strongly like an establishing episode for the next episode.

It is a bit strange that they're hiding Yor's brother's photo. Very, "the character design isn't finalized yet."
His face shows up in the ED (I think), hence my comment on the ED.
Old 2022-04-23, 12:52   Link #96
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
I hope they don't play the recap every episode. Cuts on the actual content. The ED song is so-so, but the animation is nice, if a bit too spoilery at this point.
Yeah the recap was kind of excessive and unnecessary for episode 3. Hopefully not a regular thing.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-23, 13:26   Link #97
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Anya's mind reading abilities reminds me those times where we see Professor X, Daredevil, and Superman try to separate, distinguish, and decipher from many many voices in the distance, only that she's still a child so she can't handle so much stimuli all at once.

Loid feeling helpless multiple times early on. At least he didn't give up and suggested the outing. Yor is just infatuated by all things sharp, isn't she? She does have a strong sense of justice, and is wicked quick!

Grandma has quite the handshake!

Good solid episode. No Franky except if you count the forged marriage license.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-23, 13:41   Link #98
grecefar

I thought Yor was going to be more cold and quiet like but she is so wholesome and funny. She is genuinely enjoying her time with them.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-23, 13:57   Link #99
Decel

Also notice how she's a lot more comfortable around Anya from the get-go, given the fact that she has a little brother.

I noticed that Loid's kinda pessimistic and gives up pretty rapidly when things don't turn out the way he plans. This is showing twice with his training of the family setting as well as when he lost the thief in the crowd.

All these little things nicely add dimensions to the characters.
Old 2022-04-23, 15:07   Link #100
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Yor really does think like an assassin, doesn't she? She seems turned on by knives and objects of death/execution like a guillotine and she judges her clothes by the expectation that they'll probably get blood on them.
I thought they pushed this joke a bit too far myself. The scene where she's in rapture over her table knife seemed unnecessary to me.

Anya seems brighter than we've been led to believe even beyond her mind-reading powers. I do hope they haven't become a crutch that she uses in place of thinking, though. I have a suspicion she'll do just fine at that ritzy school even without using her powers.

They need to watch a few upper-crust costume dramas on TV so that Anya and Yor can learn how to act in polite society.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bondman, comedy, espionage, james bond, secret agency