AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-13, 17:31   Link #81
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Irony is that Iinos description actually fits... someone... chatacter-wise.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-13, 18:11   Link #82
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Irony is that Iinos description actually fits... someone... chatacter-wise.
I was thinking the exact same thing. A man who's always there for her, always paying attention and looking out for her, quick to jump in and protect her at a moment's notice and stand up for what matters to her. That definitely sounds... familiar...
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-13, 18:25   Link #83
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Papa Shirogane always steals the show. Mommy Hayasaka isn't too shabby either.

I didn't realize Shirogane wanting to go to Stanford would happen this soon. Guess this will be my final season of Kaguya-sama, kinda sucks.
Old 2022-05-13, 18:58   Link #84
grecefar

Man this chapter was hilarious.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-13, 20:02   Link #85
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing. A man who's always there for her, always paying attention and looking out for her, quick to jump in and protect her at a moment's notice and stand up for what matters to her. That definitely sounds... familiar...
I think said person was the only one who appeared twice in her Shojo fantasy too .
Old 2022-05-13, 20:55   Link #86
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Shirogane father really knows how to steal the scene and with Ai mom to
Old 2022-05-14, 11:24   Link #87
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Shirogane's father is amazing. Guy totally enjoys himself and is getting to know his future daughter-in-law pretty well .

I liked how Hayasaka made it seem like we'd have a pair with neglectful parents. But that wasn't remotely the case. Maybe she's just being a bit tsundere there. Either way it allowed a fun mother to enter the picture who also enjoys messing with Kaguya.

Glad that Shirogane is putting a deadline on himself. We'll see if he sticks to it. But it feels like he knows that he has to. There is a ticking clock here. Honestly there was anyways since when the student council first dissolved things actually looked pretty bad for that relationship actually getting going without the excuse to be together. But now the reality is even more important to face. Guess we'll see.

Iino's fantasy was great. She just has her vision of things . Of course fair point made again that she's actually really easy to influence. She was practically ready to start dating Miyuki on the spot. That letter she got in the past really did set her mindset on a certain track.
Old 2022-05-14, 12:09   Link #88
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Iino's fantasy was great. She just has her vision of things . Of course fair point made again that she's actually really easy to influence. She was practically ready to start dating Miyuki on the spot. That letter she got in the past really did set her mindset on a certain track.
There's a reason Ishigami is worried about her future .
Old 2022-05-14, 17:32   Link #89
Decel

Too much narration for my taste. Totally goes against the "show, don't tell".

This ep felt like season 1, which I liked a lot less.
Old 2022-05-15, 03:33   Link #90
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
There's a reason Ishigami is worried about her future .
He is definitely right to worry . Great girl, but definitely a pushover in a few ways .
Old 2022-05-20, 12:00   Link #91
Frontier

It's time to gear up for the Shuchin culture festival! And what better excuse for Ishigami to join up for the committee than getting to spend more time with Tsubame? Especially when she's so cheerful and energetic in that tight t-shirt .

I love how Isihigami's gone full native on the culture festival hype and going along with all the pitches and trying to upstage all the other nerds trying to impress Tsubame .

Wow, Onodera cut poor Iino down to size. Jeez .

The one thing Iino wants more than anything is an actual culture festival campfire, and even when everyone else doesn't think it's possible, she's willing to commit and use her popularity with adults from being so studious and responsible to help them get permission! It even lets her bond a little with Onodera! And don't think I didn't notice how Ishigami manager to spur her on .

It's the Shuchin Mass Media club's time to shine! Although rather than reporting, it's more like fangirling when they're all gushing over their interviewees, especially Kaguya who they can barely hold it together next to. I love how they assume she doesn't compete in archery for noble, altruistic, reasons and of course it's really just because she wants to be free for a Christmas date with Shirogane .

Oh man, Tsubame doing rythmic gymnastics is...divine. Those legs, those boobs, that butt, that flexibility, and that sheer charisma! I totally understand why Ishigami's crushing so hard on her...even the Mass Media girls seem smitten .

So there's even the daughter of a Yakuza boss that goes to that school? And she runs the astronomy club? Not that it seems like she can be bothered, but she seems to alternate between trying to not seem like the daughter of a Yakuza boss while also acting exactly like the daughter of a Yakuza boss .

The board game club is...sheer chaos. I really want to know, for curiosity's sake, what kind of battle royale they had in mind .

The look on Fujiwara's face when it seems like she has to teach Shirogane how to make balloons...she looks so done. And then she turns on a dime when Kashiwagi tries to steer him away because it's ruining her childs' prospects and throwing it in Kashiwagi's face that she's having sex. Fujiwara just can't help herself :innoent:.

Brave of Kaguya to be willing to listen to Shirogane's balloon popping, but it turned to sweet when she appreciated getting to see his more vulnerable side and appreciate even more how much of an effort he puts into things .

Right when Fujiwara had been willing to teach Shirogane but found a solution that hopefully resolved the issue...of course she still has to teach him .
Old 2022-05-20, 13:43   Link #92
EroKing

Episode 7

R.I.P. Chika (again)

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-15 at 08:15.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-20, 15:25   Link #93
Rasty

^ Chika might be one of the worst heroines, but she is definitely one of the best moms.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-20, 15:52   Link #94
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
^ Chika might be one of the worst heroines, but she is definitely one of the best moms.
Against her own better judgement .
Old 2022-05-20, 17:08   Link #95
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

The first part was a bit tough watching Iino struggle as hard as she was. A combination of her approach often making enemies, being in an unfamiliar environment (seriously hyped up people), and then her stage fright just whittling her down. I'd say that Onodera had a point, but this is the same thing she did with Ishigami last season. Things tend to work out and did so again here. But certainly the type to go right after people.

Thankfully things did turn around. And yes a large part of that is thanks to Ishigami. He learned from the election as well. Before his approach there was to have Iino defeated so badly that no one would blame her for that stage fright. But he learned from Shirogane's example. If you light a fire under Iino and get her a bit mad, then she can power through her fears. In a sense she's the type that needs to be challenged in the right way to get the best out of her. Tsubame was supportive and tried in her own way. But it really was Ishigami giving the right push that got Iino rolling. And rolling she did! Got that group to jump right on her campfire train all the way. And that allowed things to smooth out with Onodera.

And I got a good laugh from the likely result that Iino wrote the question about the campfire so she'd have an opportunity to fight for it . Although now that I think about it, she likely didn't know when writing the request that she'd be asked to join the Committee. So it probably was just a heartfelt request from her that ended up being something she'd have the chance to fight for.

Chika really might be a questionable person on a lot of levels. But she is a top tier Mom. Also I absolutely love the shots fired at Kashiwagi. Calling out the girl who claims to have no idea about raising children for being the one between them that's having sex.

Really can't blame Ishigami for both fighting with his 'rivals' and going all out for Tsubame. That rhythmic gymnastic scene was...wow. No question this girl is an idol of that school as much as anyone.

Also thank goodness that Kaguya was allowed to see Shirogane fail. Because of course it didn't hurt her opinion of him. Much as he was afraid in season 1 of a "how cute", she spins anything he does as a positive. Partly because she believes it. But she also loves the guy to death. Even his failings aren't a bad thing to her.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2022-05-20 at 17:43.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-20, 18:16   Link #96
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Karen and Erika were finally formally introduced. There's an entire spin-off manga dedicated to them, but I stopped reading it because it was too repetitive. They're both Kaguya fangirls as you could tell, but Karen is also an extreme Kaguya x President shipper. And I do mean extreme.
Old 2022-05-20, 20:53   Link #97
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well its time for the school festival and its kind of weird seeing Ishigami so enthusiastic

It good to see Karen & Erika

Chika finely learning
Old 2022-05-27, 15:57   Link #98
Frontier

Kei really is the best little sister, giving her brother fashion advice and secretly propping him up to look good so she can take pride in him as her big brother along with her friends, even if she's doing it in true little sister fashion .

Shirogane's fashion sense is very...Shirogane. Although he would've rocked that moonwatch .

Kaguya acting like a realist when she's just as much of a hopeless romantic as any girl, maybe even moreso .

Oh wow, she actually admitted she likes Shirogane! Out loud! Even Hayasaka is shocked .

Wow, Osaragi's got game and moves quick. I guess you want to make sure you've got a guy in before the festival and Christmas .

Nothing better than getting indication your crush is currently single .

I love how Kaguya acts like she's finally going to confess and move on from the shows' initial premise...and then she backtracks in true Kaguya fashion. She even needed the emotional support of Ishigami confessing to help push her forward. Still, the two of them helped push each other to do what they need to in order to win their love .

This should be a cultural festival to remember one way or another .
Old 2022-05-27, 16:03   Link #99
Dextro
He Without a Title

I was as devastated as Papa Shirogane when Kei badmouthed the moonwatch. It's a freaking moonwatch! *cries*
Old 2022-05-27, 20:34   Link #100
grecefar

Osagiri seems to be dating because the festival and christmas and doesn't seem to have feelings involved. I doubt it will last, she doesn't seem to care about him.

Well finally there is going to be a confession or at least I hope so.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rom com