AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-12-03, 11:18   Link #81
Frontier

Ito has as boyfriend!? And he's already got a Christmas date planned out with a restaurant reservation and everything? Smooth .

Uzaki wants Sakurai to ask her out for Christmas! Basically! Even though she can't really admit to herself why, yet she can't help but fantasize about it and the fantasies get pretty vividly horny. Girls got it bad, even if she won't cop to it .

I love how Uzaki's devils are her college self while her angel is her younger self...and the devils seem ready to go all in on their love and passion for Sakurai and Angel Uzaki can barely hold them back .

And as if the perfect culmination of Uzaki's lewd thoughts, she immediately assumes Sakurai is asking her to strip so they can get to it...even if he just wanted to check on her shirt. Poor Uzaki .

It's such a girlfriend thing to do to wear their guys' shirt! Sakurai's probably never going to get that shirt back. Oh, she even wears his underwear to sleep in along with another one of his shirts! Just admit it already you two .

Uzaki wanted payback and thought she could get at her Senpai with a scary movie...not realizing that she can't deal with horror either. Although horror is a pretty effective tool for romantic intimacy as Uzaki clings to Sakurai and even burrows into his shirt !

Uzaki just carrying a massive bra for those Sugoi Dekai's because she thought she'd need spare underwear for the night. It's like she thinks far enough ahead but doesn't think deeply about why she does so .

Ah yes, Sakaki and Ami would totally have a Christmas Drinking Party just to get these two drunk and get updates on their relationship progress. And even without Sakurai there, he's all Uzaki can talk about...especially when drunk. Which makes her frustrations that he won't make a move more clear .

What is Tomokazu Sugita and seiyuu legend Miki Ito doing voicing Sakurai's parents!? And what are they doing having another baby in their late 40's ?

I thought Sakurai moved out because he doesn't get along with his dad, but his dad basically made him move out so he could get busy with his wife again...which he did, and then they had his new baby sister that he had no idea about because his dad still wanted to monopolize his wife and baby girl until Sakurai came back. Yeah, that's a pretty shocking homecoming for Sakurai .

But welcome to the cast, Nodoka Sakurai !
Old 2022-12-03, 19:05   Link #82
Decel

Nodoka was uber-cute.

These recent episodes are a blast in how Uzaki's super-conscious of her situation and at least there is an impression of plot progression.
Old 2022-12-03, 19:16   Link #83
grecefar

Unless he was in bad terms with his parents there is absolute no reason why the mother believed that he was too busy that he couldn't met his little sister. She should've call him herself.

Yeah and the father is scum for that.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-03, 19:24   Link #84
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Uzaki and Sakura acting like middle schoolers is starting to get old. At least they're making progress and the side characters prevent the series from getting stale.

We're finally introduced to the Sakurai family, and boy his dad is a piece of work. He manipulated his son into leaving the house just so he could bang his wife all day. That part's actually not all that bad. Where it gets nasty is that he lied to his son and his wife for two whole years just so he could keep getting some. Didn't even tell Shinichi he had a baby sister. That is beyond messed up. I guess Shinichi not even bothering to visit his mother or even speak to his mother directly on the phone for two years is pretty bad though. I felt awful for her when she said she didn't understand why he wouldn't even come home to meet his little sister, especially since they leave pretty close. Horrible husband and ungrateful son.

Well, now that they've been introduced I guess they're going to become regulars. The mother seems too normal especially when you compare her to Tsuki but the dad is quirky enough. And Nodoka will definitely amp up the cute factor. I can see an episode where his parents ask Shinichi to babysit Nodoka a mile away, enabling Uzaki to meet her complete with the classic gag of them being mistaken as her parents.
Old 2022-12-03, 20:46   Link #85
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Uzaki and Sakura acting like middle schoolers is starting to get old. At least they're making progress and the side characters prevent the series from getting stale.

We're finally introduced to the Sakurai family, and boy his dad is a piece of work. He manipulated his son into leaving the house just so he could bang his wife all day. That part's actually not all that bad. Where it gets nasty is that he lied to his son and his wife for two whole years just so he could keep getting some. Didn't even tell Shinichi he had a baby sister. That is beyond messed up. I guess Shinichi not even bothering to visit his mother or even speak to his mother directly on the phone for two years is pretty bad though. I felt awful for her when she said she didn't understand why he wouldn't even come home to meet his little sister, especially since they leave pretty close. Horrible husband and ungrateful son.

Well, now that they've been introduced I guess they're going to become regulars. The mother seems too normal especially when you compare her to Tsuki but the dad is quirky enough. And Nodoka will definitely amp up the cute factor. I can see an episode where his parents ask Shinichi to babysit Nodoka a mile away, enabling Uzaki to meet her complete with the classic gag of them being mistaken as her parents.
I feel like the mom's thing is being so stoic and rational in contrast to everything else .
Old 2022-12-03, 21:42   Link #86
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that was unexpected Shinichi coming home to find out he has a sister when his mom is all most 50 got to hand it to the dad
Old 2022-12-10, 11:27   Link #87
Frontier

High school Hana and Sakurai flashback! Although as fun as it is to see Hana in a school swimsuit getting less than effective swimming lessons from Sakurai, it's just really sweet to see these two connecting and talking with each other! Also surreal to see Hana apologize for being cheeky in her younger years. These two were cute together even back then !

I love how drunk Hana just talks about Sakurai like no one knows him better than she does. Like she could talk about him all day. And Sakaki's realized how the pair fell in love, meanwhile Ami's just salivating at all the good HanaxSakurai content. Keep it down, girl .

Well, Sakurai's adjusted to having a sudden little sister as well as could be expected. It probably helps that Nodoka is as cute as a button !

Sakurai's jerk of a father deserves to get thrown, but he taught Sakurai everything he knows and is pretty proficient himself, although it seems like he was also trying to teach his son a lesson to get it through his head that he needs to resolve things properly with Hana the way they're relationship is progressing. Although there's probably some lessons about being a good dad that he could take to heart as well .

But apparently the strongest member of the Sakurai family...is the mom! Complete with her throwing her husband for being late for dinner! That was so satisfying !

Dang, the abs on Papa Sakurai! I imagine his magnum is probably as breathtaking as Sakurai's !

That Nodoka wave was too precious .

Drunk Hana and Ami at her house was fun, all the better because they got there on Sakaki's dime. Yanagi seems to be plotting something though .

Was not expecting burly gym guy to be old friends with Ami's dad. It's like six degrees of separation among the cast at this point .

It's funny that Fuji is there talking about Sakurai's love life and promoting his gym and still nobody realizes he's Uzaki's dad .

Ami's dad finally delivers some wise words and pep talks when he feels they're needed and Sakurai is really mulling over what to do with Hana. Meanwhile her dad is standing there acting like he's actively involved with this conversation in true oblivious Uzaki Papa fashion .

And just when Sakurai is ready to thank Uzaki and be honest with her...she comes in guns blazing teasing and making fun of him as her way of getting in with him for Christmas in classic Uzaki fashion. Which just ends with the poor girl begging for him to let her. I can totally relate to Sakaki's reaction .
Old 2022-12-10, 19:14   Link #88
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode felt like 1 step forward, two steps backwards. Hopefully Sakurai is still going to mull things over and come to a decision by the end of this season. Uzaki should be doing the same on her side but she's still in denial.
Old 2022-12-10, 20:35   Link #89
grecefar

Nodoka reminds me of renge, those eyes are unmistakable.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-10, 21:44   Link #90
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Shinichi's dad knowing how to push Shinichi buttons but the Shinichi's mom not taking any of it with dinner getting cold
Old 2022-12-11, 13:25   Link #91
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Uzaki is a professional at ruining things for herself. If she could have kept her mouth shut for a minute longer then things would have gone in a good direction. You'd think she'd realize they are past the point of this antagonizing him with invitations to spend time together. I get it's an embarrassing thing for her, but it's just not at that stage anymore. She doesn't need that annoyance as an entry point to talk with him.

It's really not a good time since Sakurai is getting the implications of things. That just constantly having this girl spending time in his place may be problematic with where things stand. And sadly her approach there really got in the way of Sakurai's nice track of thinking hard on things and being close to breaking through.

I suppose it connects to the differences of the past episodes. Sakurai got a good talk with both his family and friends. So he was set pretty well on a better track. Hana....went drinking. What a shock that one of them came out of these episodes far more prepared for serious thinking on their situation and the other just kind of reset .

Will say that Shinichi's dad looked way better coming out of this episode. Still a jerk move to basically banish his son and not tell his wife why he isn't visiting at all. But at least he finally returned to being a father during this visit. Did get Shinichi thinking a bit which is good.

And fair observation about Shinichi's physicality. He's really good at solo sports and things that require just handling his own body. Baseball would be a tougher one for him and I suspect it would be the same for other tool-based sports like Hockey. But as seen against his father (who is probably extremely good) he also has some difficulties against other human beings. Which I suppose ties nicely into his problem handling Hana.
Old 2022-12-11, 19:43   Link #92
Chosen_Hero

Considering where were at, if the season ends where I think it's going to end then I will give props to the studio, that would a super bold move and I am here for it.
Old 2022-12-13, 11:50   Link #93
kari-no-sugata II

Spoiler for ep 12 preview:
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-13, 18:26   Link #94
HandofFate

lol, Uzaki went too Nagatoro at the end. Loved the ending shot of her scratching at his door
Old 2022-12-17, 11:03   Link #95
Frontier

Hana is banished from Sakurai's place and she has only herself to blame. She's getting no sympathy from Sakaki and Ami (not that Ami has much ground to stand on lecturing anyone about romance) .

Kiri and his friends are going stag this Christmas! Not that they prefer it that way, although it seems like they want a chance with his family (including his mom!). Except for that one guy who seems like he's interested in Kiri .

Yanagi is the most devious third party. She's not emotionally invested so she can just waltz her way into interfering with her big sis' love life and invite herself to Christmas with Sakurai if Hana isn't going to make a move. Which does make Hana finally get assertive, even if no one expected they'd be spending Christmas at her place. Though Christmas with the Uzaki's sounds perfect to me .

There it is! There it is! Sakurai and Fujio finally find out the truth! And Fujio goes from being Sakurai's gym pal to hating his entire existence in a split-second! And he's staring daggers into him all through dinner! The revelation and subsequent fallout was as amusing as I expected. Now we're just waiting for Kiri to properly meet Sakurai and find out the man with the golden magnum is his sisters' prospective boyfriend .

Dang, these two really are flirting at the dinner table right in front of her parents! Even if they'll deny the flirting, but it's so obvious (Fujio should be glad Sakurai's not flirting with his wife this time!) .

The moment of realization on Fujio's face when he realized he'd blabbed to Sakurai about Hana's feelings was priceless. And that he imagined Yanagai dropping her Kansai accent out of disappointment in him. Perfect excuse to do an about face and try to smooth things over before your daughters find out about your screw-up ...

Sakurai is having a difficult time dealing with knowing how Hana feels about him, but Fujio is prepared to resort to straight-up violence if it means making him forget...but they have plenty of booze to accomplish that !

It's kind of sweet how these two interact with each other while drunk, Sakurai's more honest and Hana is more intimate, and they're still very cute together .

So part of the reason Sakurai is awkward around girls and romance is because of how all over each other his parents were (not that the Uzaki's aren't like that themselves), and how he didn't want to turn out like his dad. Yet at the same time, he appreciates having Hana in his life and her companionship means a lot to him !
Old 2022-12-17, 19:37   Link #96
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The moment we've been waiting for all season finally happened!! I'm actually not sure why Fujio was so damn mad at Sakurai, isn't it a good thing that Uzaki's senpai turned out to be a young man he holds in high regards? At any rate, when the drunk Sakurai voiced his true feelings for Uzaki at the end of the episode, that must have surely cleared the air. Him freaking out when he realized he babbled about his daugther's feelings right to the guy's face was hilarious. Was actually pretty sweet how desperate he was not to ruin Christmas for Hana.

Kiri's friend casually asking about his mother after the other two asked about his sisters cracked me up.
Old 2022-12-17, 21:34   Link #97
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The moment we've been waiting for all season finally happened!! I'm actually not sure why Fujio was so damn mad at Sakurai, isn't it a good thing that Uzaki's senpai turned out to be a young man he holds in high regards? At any rate, when the drunk Sakurai voiced his true feelings for Uzaki at the end of the episode, that must have surely cleared the air. Him freaking out when he realized he babbled about his daugther's feelings right to the guy's face was hilarious. Was actually pretty sweet how desperate he was not to ruin Christmas for Hana.
I think it was a sense of betrayal, however irrational .
Old 2022-12-17, 21:38   Link #98
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Shinichi finely get to meet Hana father for the first time in her place and poor Fujio just trying to intimidate Shinichi the whole time

Wow Shinichi is a truthful drunk
Old 2022-12-19, 02:53   Link #99
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Thank god for Fujio. He may be troublesome in a lot of ways, but he definitely helped out this time. Basically taking it out of Hana's late blooming hands. Would have been better for one of those two to just handle their own confessing, but at least by telling Sakurai how Hana felt...it at least helped move things along a bit. Since Sakurai isn't dense enough to misunderstand who Hana has a crush on once he remembered what Fujio told him at the gym.

Although I'm also reminded that Shinichi is a freaking coward as well. Trying to drink away the memory of Fujio confessing Hana's feelings.

At least this episode did clear a lot up within the Uzaki family and moved things along. Just need...one more step to be taken
Old 2022-12-24, 11:03   Link #100
Frontier

Well, it's nice to see that after everything Fujio has genuinely come around to Sakurai fully, even if he's not completely okay with him and Hana together. Especially if things are rough for Sakurai at home, though not in the way he thinks (heck, the mom would probably beat the dad up if he were like he was in the imagine spot). Granted, he might actually need to protect Sakurai from all the girls in the family .

(Also, really Sakurai? Those boxers ?)

Kiri continues to have better luck with guys than with girls .

Ah, I see when Hana is drunk she'll basically go along with anything, right up to stripping Sakurai so Yanagi can take pics and sell them to Ami. Even better, drunk Tsuki can only fold his stripped clothes in repentance rather than stop her out of control daughters .

Oh, there it is! We've finally come to the full-circle Christmas moment in Sakurai's place! Talking about doing right by Hana and then basically pressing her against his bed like he's about to put the moves on her...and then promptly falling asleep on his futon. Although it seems like his desires weren't 100% just to sleep, and he's got Hana's heart beating fast !

Okay, so Ami has just basically dropped all pretenses and is pretty open about how much of a pervert she is at this point, complete with wanting to pay both Sakurai, Yanagi, and Hana for the Sakurai fanservice. And her dad is powerless to stop her .

Just when you think things are going to be more awkward between the two...it turns out the drinking worked! Sakurai forgot everything! It's such a step back that even Hana is disappointed! But in reality Sakurai remembers all too well what happened to them that night, and that seems to have kicked his concern over their relationship into overdrive .

Even if he got kicked back, Sakurai kicking his dad in the face was so satisfying! I only wanted to see the mom judo throw the dad again as an added bonus .

(I wonder if Nodoka will inherit the dojo...)

Sakurai taking Sakaki and Ami's dad into confidence so he can tell them he knows Hana likes them...even though they've been aware of that since season 1, and they're not about to let Sakurai worm his way out of actually progressing things or doing something, and doing nothing won't get him anywhere anymore. But they're still rooting for these two and will totally 100% support them .

Sakaki getting embraced by a drunk Ami on New Years's? Not the worst thing .

It's a new year and a new Sakurai, at least in the sense that he's admitted to himself that he likes Hana, even if he still doesn't have the guts to confess it. But holding hands and promising to hang out with each other in the new year (and probably the years to come) will probably give these two plenty of opportunity to grow and eventually be honest with their feelings for each other .