Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-07, 09:42   Link #81
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker
God, I hate pedophiles. The sooner this lolicon fad fades away into obscurity the better... I miss two years ago.
Its like saying 'I hate cats' when you're being attacked by a dog. People who like loli characters are not pedophiles. This particular topic has been argued to death everywhere on the internet but people just don't get it.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2006-08-07 at 12:14.
Old 2006-08-07, 09:42   Link #82
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Group 13 was another Group of Death, and very tightly contested. Following Tsuruya-san yesterday, another of my favourite girls, Iincho Manaka has fallen by an even narrower margin than Tsuruya-san - just 17 votes. The other two groups were expected, with Athena from ARIA and Mai-tan progressing through comfortably.

Spoiler for August 7th results:

http://saimoe2006.hp.infoseek.co.jp/b.txt

Spoiler for August 8th entries:

Voting thread (commences in 22 minutes from writing of this post - 2300 Japan Standard Time 7th August to 2300 JST 8th August)
http://etc4.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/vote/1154948258/
Old 2006-08-07, 11:51   Link #83
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Hey Bloodseeker, check out this post from the very first page of this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
You're encouraged to cheer for your favourite characters, but please don't spam and PLEASE REFRAIN FROM FLAMING FANS OF OTHER CHARACTERS/SERIES. Should there be any suspected spamming or flaming in this thread, the mods will be notified at once.
I hope it gets through this time.

And yes, I voted Kyon's sister, and no, I am not a pedophile.
Old 2006-08-07, 14:05   Link #84
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
Hey Bloodseeker, check out this post from the very first page of this thread:

I hope it gets through this time.

And yes, I voted Kyon's sister, and no, I am not a pedophile.
I don't think Bloodseeker 'flamed' the fans. He does not like it, and that's okay, right?
As long as he does not directly address people saying they are pedos there's nothing wrong with it
He didn't even state that everyone who voted imouto is a pedophile
(Besides, I don't like that loli-in-a-bag hype either.)

I will vote Tenko-chan, Kanade-kaichou and Para-sama today.
Too bad Nina didn't get through, tho..
Old 2006-08-07, 14:36   Link #85
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

We all have the right to an opinion niwasatou; However, that doesn't give us the right to insult anyone that disagrees with us.
Old 2006-08-07, 15:12   Link #86
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Quote:
We all have the right to an opinion niwasatou; However, that doesn't give us the right to insult anyone that disagrees with us.
Exactly
I don't exactly want to push this any further because I believe Bloodseeker or anyone else won't say something like loli -> pedo etc. again so soon (in this Thread).
If they do I have no problem with warning them or else, as they already saw that people may feel offended.

Let's get back to the topic now.

Last edited by niwasatou; 2006-08-07 at 16:50.
Old 2006-08-07, 19:29   Link #87
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Its like saying 'I hate cats' when you're being attacked by a dog. People who like loli characters are not pedophiles. This particular topic has been argued to death everywhere on the internet but people just don't get it.
I don't have a problem with people finding animated girls cute. Rico/Henrietta from Gunslinger Girl, Rin from Inuyasha, Shinobu from Love Hina... I find them adorable too.

The problem comes in when it turns from calling them "cute" into calling them "hot" and trying to portray them in an erotic light. Just as older anime girls often share the physical (and sometimes personal) traits of the perfect girl, lolis share many of physical (and sometimes personal) traits common in little girls. The chubby faces, the small underdeveloped bodies, the innnocent demeanor... if you're turned on by that, then you're a pedophile as I'm concerned.

Last edited by Bloodseeker; 2006-08-07 at 19:39.
Old 2006-08-07, 21:18   Link #88
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

First of all, I totally agree with niwasatou about not making this whole confusion any bigger. At the same time, I feel I should make a final post to fully explain my position here.

Do bear with me for another moment....

Quote:
I don't have a problem with people finding animated girls cute. Rico/Henrietta from Gunslinger Girl, Rin from Inuyasha, Shinobu from Love Hina... I find them adorable too.
I am sure that were many people that voted for Kyon's sister because of this. And that's the reason why I found your general "I hate pedophiles" comment a bit insulting.

Simply highlighting all the votes for Kyons sister and later made a comment such as that, was simply leaving the door open for many interpretations*.

*I am not sure if I wrote that word correctly.

Quote:
The problem comes in when it turns from calling them "cute" into calling them "hot" and trying to portray them in an erotic light. Just as older anime girls often share the physical (and sometimes personal) traits of the perfect girl, lolis share many of physical (and sometimes personal) traits common in little girls. The chubby faces, the small underdeveloped bodies, the innnocent demeanor... if you're turned on by that, then you're a pedophile as I'm concerned.
I agree with you on this. We must all draw a line at some point.

If you had included this explanation on your first post, I would have never answered back in the first place.

Anyway....on with the show and sorry to bother everyone with my ramblings.
Old 2006-08-08, 01:59   Link #89
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The reason loli characters are in this poll, is because they are designed to be moe, they definitely have a place in the competition, it is called 'Saimoe' in the first place.

Moe characters (to me at least) are not characters with outstanding physical traits, but those with a attractive/appealing personality. The Saimoe tournament isn't exactly a beauty contest, we're not judging the characters based on how well they would look like in beach wear.

That's why Tsuruya-san falling out of the competition so early is a shock.

I don't think Meer would win this round as well.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-08-08, 07:53   Link #90
Woland
Latin Rascal

Finally I manage to vote for the first time.

Many thanks to Kinny and Arimfe for all the effort in this Thread. It's really a big help

For my choices...
Watanuki Hibiki . Pani Poni Dash! because I found all the character of Pani Poni likeble and the other option, Kanade, is one my less favorite of Gokujo Seitokai.

Paraietta... actually I don't like her so much but has a very good VA (Ami Koshimizu) and is the only one I know so... ^^;

An finaly Aika no doubt about her!
Aria is the series I cheer for in this tournament with, of course, SHnY, and Aika is probably my faovorite Undine (Alice is cuter but in the whole it's a bit below Aika)... even after the crime of ep 18/navigation 31
Old 2006-08-08, 09:03   Link #91
Bloodseeker

I was so busy complaining about the pedophiles that I failed to notice Riddle's post. Yay, Mai and Midori won! And Mai completely slaughtered the competition!

I don't particularly care about this round though...
Old 2006-08-08, 09:55   Link #92
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

While I don't find anyone's comments concerning loli offensive, please take your debate somewhere else. This thread is for the discussion of the tournament itself.

Too bad the anime adaptation of ToHeart2 was crap (so bad that the fansubbers just weren't motivated to sub this, when there're other better quality shows out there), otherwise the sadness felt by the 2ch populance of Manaka's unexpected exit at the hands of the Mai Otome bandwagon would be more pronounced on ASuki. Perhaps I should write to Leaf asking them to beg Kyo-Ani to do a remake for them. xD

There was a scare amongst the denizens of 2ch when initial poll results revealed Meer to have won Group 16, a massive sigh of relief when it was revealed she ended up last.

Spoiler for August 8th results:

Spoiler for August 9th entries:

Voting thread (starts in 1 hour from this post) http://etc4.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/vote/1155032316/
Old 2006-08-08, 10:33   Link #93
Furudanuki

Quote:
Too bad the anime adaptation of ToHeart2 was crap (so bad that the fansubbers just weren't motivated to sub this, when there're other better quality shows out there), otherwise the sadness felt by the 2ch populance of Manaka's unexpected exit at the hands of the Mai Otome bandwagon would be more pronounced on ASuki. Perhaps I should write to Leaf asking them to beg Kyo-Ani to do a remake for them. xD
Please do! You never know what might happen.... Well, I for one was disappointed to see Manaka get knocked out so quickly. I think having her in the same bracket with Kotori really hurt, since they probably share much of the same fan base. I was frankly much more surprised that Kotori did not do better, since she was from a big-franchise series and seemed to be very popular. Under normal circumstances I would probably feel much worse about them losing out, but I'm already numb from watching almost every one of the girls I have voted for so far being clubbed to death by the opposition.

Today it's Fate, Koyuki and Yuzuha. The second group was a killer - I really wanted to vote for all three. And while I have grown accustomed to disappointment, if that %$#@&%# cat from ARIA wins today I am giving up on this tournament entirely.
Old 2006-08-08, 11:53   Link #94
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

The more this tournament moves forward, the more I realize how few anime titles I actually watch.

I only recognize one character in this round. (Yuzuha-Utawarerumono) Guess thats as far as my votes will go for today.
Old 2006-08-08, 12:38   Link #95
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Ah Tsuruya-san! T_T At least Imouto made it through... I am now dreading the Asakura-Wilhelmina-Tamaki match coming up tomorrow. With Tsuruya now gone Asakura must not fail!

Todays vote:
Fate Testarossa gets my vote for being one of my favourites from Nanoha (was clear favourite until Hayate showed up to muddle up the waters).
Ren-tan's my favourite out of the Binchou-tan characters. Those floating 'spirits' were just damn cool. And that luck! I want her around to help me strike the jackpot!
Eureka. Don't really know her nor any of her opponents. Just think she's the best looking of the lot.

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-08-08, 12:44   Link #96
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
The more this tournament moves forward, the more I realize how few anime titles I actually watch.

I only recognize one character in this round. (Yuzuha-Utawarerumono) Guess thats as far as my votes will go for today.
Don't worry about that. You're not alone. If I were to watch every series by every character in this tournament, I'll probably have to plug my brain to the internet 24/7 a-la Matrix style. And don't get me started on those eliminated in the qualifying rounds.
Old 2006-08-09, 09:44   Link #97
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
And while I have grown accustomed to disappointment, if that %$#@&%# cat from ARIA wins today I am giving up on this tournament entirely.
Perhaps there is still hope for you.

Spoiler for August 9th results:

Group 23 - Can defending champion Nanoha withhold the madness of Shiho's maki-maki cult, AKA the Otome Bandwagon?

Group 24 - I still haven't decided who to pick.

I like the eccentric Flame Haze Wilhelmina, and I'd like to see her face off with Yuji's mom more over Shana.

I also like the psycho alien-created Humanoid Interface Ryoko, she'd make a great couple with Kyon, if you believe the webcomics of this site.

http://esuyuki.blog61.fc2.com/

While Tama-nee isn't my favourite ToHeart girl due to her bossiness, she is quite popular with the TH2 fandom. (Interestingly, both Wilhelmina and Tamaki are voiced by the same actress, Itou Shizuka. )

Spoiler for August 10th entries:

Voting thread below:
http://etc4.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/vote/1116228189/
Old 2006-08-09, 10:22   Link #98
Bloodseeker

I don't really care about Nevril's or Nanoha's progress, but I want Shiho to lose.

Go Asakura! She was my fourth favorite TMoHS character behind Kyon, Nagato, and Mikuru.
Old 2006-08-09, 10:25   Link #99
Furudanuki

Quote:
Perhaps there is still hope for you.
Hey, that cat wound up taking the last slot in her round 2 batch, thus knocking Hagino Kana (Canvas 2) out of the finals. That made it personal. But since justice has prevailed after all, I need to look at the next round...

Group 22 - I have not seen enough episodes from any of these series. No vote.
Group 23 - In a match with Fate, Nanoha would not get my vote. But in this group she wins hands down.
Group 24 - Wilhelmina does nothing for me. Ryouko is lovely, and would triumph over most competition. But Tamaki is... Tama-nee.

Edit - Wow. 2 out of 3 yesterday, and I was going to be happy no matter who would up winning the Tomohane/Koyuki/Ren-tan matchup. Yet another sign that the end of the world is close at hand....

Last edited by Furudanuki; 2006-08-09 at 10:36.
Old 2006-08-09, 11:28   Link #100
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

It's nice to pick a winner every once in a while. Go Yuzuha

Group 22
Voted for Rena because she is my favorite Higurashi character (eventhough she hasn't really done much lately )

Nobody of interest to me in group 23....

Group 24

Asakura for sure. Shame she didn't get more screentime in the show