5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-11-13, 20:55   Link #81
Wandering Soul

One thing to point out is that even if Sakai is a jerk its not like the things he has said are necessarily wrong. He was pretty spot on when he said that Sakai and his gundam aren't fighting as one. He also had a point when he said that even though Yuuma and the others are a team they fight as individuals.
Old 2014-11-13, 22:45   Link #82
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Sakai just misunderstood jackass who wanted attention, kind of like early Naruto. Except he has the skill and knowledge to prove his point.

He'll get better once he reconciled with say, Yuuma.

We know he could be polite when required, just like when he fulfill his order and when he came to Kousaka Cafe.
Old 2014-11-13, 23:37   Link #83
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

One of the things I like about try fighters is that they didn't play up the childhood friend troupe with Fumina and Yuuma at all, nice to see childhood friends being just friends once in a while.
Old 2014-11-14, 00:05   Link #84
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
At best the only time Sakai isn't being annoying is when he's giving basic information about what's going on in a match. A good source of information, but that's about it. Right now just seems to be a whiny person who thinks the whole world should revolve around him. If he doesn't want to be compared to others in his field then he should probably refuse to accept payment for the jobs he's hired for.

And certainly not like Yuuma needs to compete in a builders competition because Sakai is obsessed with this rivalry.

I'm sure he'll turn into a decent enough character eventually, but probably not before he gets curbstomped by someone.
Old 2014-11-14, 12:08   Link #85
quagmire

I am wondering when will we see the true potential of Build Burning Gundam.... Surely Sei didn't know the same techniques Sekai knows to get through the 11th tournament on close range combat alone ( though it hasn't been said Sei won the 11th tournament either....).....
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 12:31   Link #86
Raso

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
I am wondering when will we see the true potential of Build Burning Gundam.... Surely Sei didn't know the same techniques Sekai knows to get through the 11th tournament on close range combat alone ( though it hasn't been said Sei won the 11th tournament either....).....
Also its been implied that the current Build Burning was not the exact same suit that was in the 11th tournament.
Old 2014-11-14, 13:05   Link #87
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
One of the things I like about try fighters is that they didn't play up the childhood friend troupe with Fumina and Yuuma at all, nice to see childhood friends being just friends once in a while.
This. I can't express in words I'm grateful I am that the childhood friend is not a love interest in this, considering last season.
Old 2014-11-14, 14:13   Link #88
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso View Post
Also its been implied that the current Build Burning was not the exact same suit that was in the 11th tournament.
I know, but Sei tailored the upgraded Build Burning for Sekai's specific techniques? Besides the stepping and running in space thing, everything has been due to Sekai's techniques not Build Burning's capabilities.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 17:08   Link #89
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroihikari2 View Post
I agree. I think he's arrogant and cocky, and it's probably for a reason, but not repugnant.

Sekai is fine, too. Where would a shounen anime be without someone like him?
Busou Renkin is how a main character should be. Right now I want to toss Sekai out and find his replacement.

Is it so difficult to find a male lead who could actually be a mature role model?
Old 2014-11-14, 17:29   Link #90
Raso

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
I know, but Sei tailored the upgraded Build Burning for Sekai's specific techniques? Besides the stepping and running in space thing, everything has been due to Sekai's techniques not Build Burning's capabilities.
He isnt using the suit right, we still havent seen it glow orange like the kits.
Old 2014-11-14, 18:01   Link #91
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
again i think that's like another excuse for Bandai to milk out the Build Burning mold, so anyone want to see how the earlier version of the Build Burning that Sei uses during the 11th tournament looks like? it probably looks "normal" armed with the standard rifles, shield, beam sabers, & possibly the backpack attachments
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 18:04   Link #92
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nah, we know Sei ditched rifle and shield one year after cannon

Makes sense, even the poster said so.
Old 2014-11-14, 19:00   Link #93
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso View Post
He isnt using the suit right, we still havent seen it glow orange like the kits.
It did glows orange in episode 1:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-11-14, 22:25   Link #94
Jestersage

You know, after this' episode explaination of the rules, here's a few I am wondering:
-If Braw Bro Seperate, is it count as a mobile armor each, or the "each unit must be controlled by oen person" come precedent?
-If I attach a mobile suit to my main mobile suit, such as Gromlin II or even Bearguy-F, can I call these merely part of the unit and thus not subjected to the person per unit rules? Because if that's he case, I can see many people will go for wireguided/tenacle attached remote units
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 22:32   Link #95
kuroihikari2

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Is it so difficult to find a male lead who could actually be a mature role model?
Shounen anime is all about the main characters growing up. They're NOT supposed to start out mature, unless it's the rare case of the main character being a sounding board for everyone else.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 22:55   Link #96
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersage View Post
You know, after this' episode explaination of the rules, here's a few I am wondering:
-If Braw Bro Seperate, is it count as a mobile armor each, or the "each unit must be controlled by oen person" come precedent?
-If I attach a mobile suit to my main mobile suit, such as Gromlin II or even Bearguy-F, can I call these merely part of the unit and thus not subjected to the person per unit rules? Because if that's he case, I can see many people will go for wireguided/tenacle attached remote units
-Given that they use Victory Gundam as a representation of MS that can separate into MA-parts, I think the rules meant for MA-parts which are controlled by actual pilots in the show like Victory & ZZ. So, if you use, say.... Impulse Gundam, you don't need more people controlling parts of your MS. Of course, it's just an assumption on my part and I could be wrong.

-As for MS attachment, yeah, they need to elaborate more on this. I mean, what will they do to people that have MSs that can control remote MS-weapons like Seravee & Gundam X? But they do stated that non-MS support unit will count as one unit, so this might also apply.
Old 2014-11-14, 23:30   Link #97
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No, separate parts need to be piloted. Each.

That means Impulse need not 3, but 4 pilot.

GBF new rules only sounds more and more retarded everytime.
Old 2014-11-15, 00:04   Link #98
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
No, separate parts need to be piloted. Each.

That means Impulse need not 3, but 4 pilot.

GBF new rules only sounds more and more retarded everytime.
Where are you getting this? Because its obviously is not a rule or Fumina would have been disqualified for the use of her Winning

The only rule which stated they needed multiple people was for MA, and by that most of us are assuming fully fledged Mobile Armors, not MS with an alternate "MA" mode

The rules are probably more along the lines of what Obelisk theorized, with MS consisting of parts being legal to pilot by one person, under the condition they take responsibility for all the parts when separated
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-15, 00:11   Link #99
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Where are you getting this? Because its obviously is not a rule or Fumina would have been disqualified for the use of her Winning

The only rule which stated they needed multiple people was for MA, and by that most of us are assuming fully fledged Mobile Armors, not MS with an alternate "MA" mode

The rules are probably more along the lines of what Obelisk theorized, with MS consisting of parts being legal to pilot by one person, under the condition they take responsibility for all the parts when separated
The example, as presented, is Victory Gundam, separate into three pieces, NEED TO BE PILOTED BY THREE PEOPLE

Please pay attention to episode again.
Old 2014-11-15, 00:45   Link #100
monster

Quote:
Championship Rules

Teams in the Under-19 division consist of 3 people.
You can deploy up to 3 mobile suits.
Non-mobile suit support machines also count as one unit.
A mobile suit that docks and transforms is counted as one, but when separated, all these parts must be controlled by one person.
A team may only deploy one powerful large mobile armor. All 3 members must control it together.
The machines used in battle can be changed for each match. But changing machines during battle is forbidden.
Battlefields are chosen randomly by the system's AI.
The regulation time for one match is 15 minutes.
To win, a team must destroy all the other team's machines, or have more machines left when the time runs out.
If both teams have the same number of machines left, meaning the battle is a tie, representatives of each team will fight 1-on-1 to decide the winner.
Some things to note:

1. A mobile suit that separates into multiple parts still must have all the parts be controlled by one person.
2. Only a "powerful large mobile armor" must be controlled by all 3 members, so non-large mobile armors like the Mobeus can be controlled by one person.
3. You don't have to deploy 3 machines, although most team probably would. (Maybe the wording is just to account for the mobile armor rule.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
The example, as presented, is Victory Gundam, separate into three pieces, NEED TO BE PILOTED BY THREE PEOPLE

Please pay attention to episode again.
Assuming the YouTube translation is correct, then this is wrong. Check the rules again.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote