AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-02-10, 23:02   Link #81
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The most important scene in the entire manga, IMO. Bildungsroman raised to its Platonic ideal.

The main point is this: in animanga we have many good and a few great romcoms, and many good and a few great coming of age series. What sets Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu apart is that it’s a great iteration of both. I would in fact argue that even more than the romance, this series is a chronicle of Kyoutarou’s personal journey (another reason why this is possibly the crucial event in the story). These two facets of the series and inseparable – one can’t exist without the other.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-17, 13:30   Link #82
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

The transition to the OP was basically perfect. I was curious how they would fit everything in this episode (since the karaoke bit is a oneoff) but they managed admirably.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-17, 13:35   Link #83
Frontier

Oh of COURSE Kana filmed the whole speech and is showing their parents. And of COURSE she thinks her little bro might be entering his popular phase and needs to be ready to reject other girls for Yamada. Though what I wouldn't give to be receiving practice confessions from Yukari Tamura !

Things are really awkward between Ichikawa and Yamada after her confession, and now Ichikawa needs to be really careful about not doing anything creepy...like following her to karaoke when he realizes the basketball club graduation party is co-ed. Though really all Yamada is doing is eating like she always does !

Man, those basketball senpai girls are tall! Like Yamada level tall! And thanks to them Ichikawa gets dragged into the room and Yamada sees him! And sure he totally bails, but that just gives Yamada an excuse to go into the room with him so they can get some intimate alone time together as they air out their feelings and get reaaaaallll close...right where the Senpai's can see them !

That OP transition with Ichikawa singing the opening verse was perfect .

Hara and Kanzaki want Yamada to come on an outing with them? Why not bring Ichikawa and make it a double date? On White Date no less! Ichikawa and Yamada are even talking in-synch now !

Hara looks amazing in her date outfit and with a different hairstyle! Kanzaki is a lucky man! Though Hara and Ichikawa are also kindred spirits, and Hara is happy to try to help Ichikawa with his relationship with Yamada too! Just...don't call her cute in front of your (practically) girlfriend and her (practically) boyfriend .

Welp, Kanzaki wants Ichikawa dead and is making this double date awkward, but he wears his heart on his sleeve and that includes how much he likes Hara, whether she's fat or skinny. But he wants to respect her feelings all the same. He even brought Yamada so Hara would feel more comfortable eating like she usually does! But if she wants to change, he'll totally accept that. These two are adorable together .

So Kanzaki has confessed to Hara so much she doesn't take his feelings seriously (though knowing her similarity to Ichikawa, it's probably her own anxiety and self-consciousness that prevents her from accepting his feelings), though Kanzaki, based boy that he is, is totally fine with a friends with benefits relationship if it comes to that .

Sasuga MVP wingwoman Hara! Dragging her guy with her so Ichikawa and Yamada can get some alone time together !

Don't let this date end like this Ichikawa! Shojo Jun Fukuyama has got your back! And that means not only delivering a muffin gift to Yamada, but a bracelet gift on top of that! And Yamada isn't going to let Ichikawa get away without putting that bracelet on her! And he makes her day by finally calling HER cute! These two's love for each other is absolutely overflowing !
Old 2024-02-17, 18:23   Link #84
grecefar

this chapter was a rollercoaster, my feelings were everywhere from cringe, to happy, to hope, to everything.

"Yamada is mine.", that was a critical hit to kill.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-17, 19:30   Link #85
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was surprised Hara and Kanzaki aren't actually dating, they're not that much ahead of Yamada and Ichikawa. Not that this is a race. I tend to forget how young they are, they have all the time in the world.

I like how even when misunderstandings happen, it leads to something good. I very much appreciate the complete lack of forced drama in this show. Might just be the best serious romance anime I've ever watched to be honest.
Old 2024-02-17, 21:21   Link #86
Wandering Soul

The transition to the OP was a nice trick.

Color me surprised that Hana and Kanzaki aren't an official couple, but I guess they don't feel the desire to rush.
Old 2024-02-17, 21:27   Link #87
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I hope Ichikawa never changes his habit of not looking behind him before he says anything outrageous! This guy has amazing timing!

Things have moved along great this week. Progress is progress. The show does a good job of keeping the progress flowing. Can take small steps without it feeling like nothing is happening at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post

Color me surprised that Hana and Kanzaki aren't an official couple, but I guess they don't feel the desire to rush.
I feel like Kanzaki would be happy to move things forward, but hasn't been able to express his feelings in a way that sounds serious enough. At least from the episode it sounds like they are just waiting on Hana to put an official stamp on it.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2024-02-18 at 01:28.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-17, 22:20   Link #88
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post

People are way too hung up on the whole official couple thing. They're a couple, that's what matters. It's just freaking hard for 8th graders to say that openly.
Old 2024-02-17, 23:57   Link #89
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
People are way too hung up on the whole official couple thing. They're a couple, that's what matters. It's just freaking hard for 8th graders to say that openly.
This show is great at the "basically a couple in all but name" .
Old 2024-02-20, 08:31   Link #90
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

New short promoting the official Re:Zero crossover (which is a big deal for BokuYaba):
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Twitter is exploding with Re:Yaba art and like 90% of it is Ichi.
Old 2024-02-20, 16:45   Link #91
Frontier

At least the Dangers in My Heart remembers Rem .

Maid Yamada is too powerful !
Old 2024-02-24, 13:24   Link #92
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

PSA: Don't miss the after credit scene!
Old 2024-02-24, 13:32   Link #93
Frontier

Adachi wants to be all smooth and slip Moe's White Day gift into her locker...he's all in on Yamada, but he wants to do his part because Moe still gave him something (and it had hearts, so it's SPECIAL!). He's even roping in Ichikawa to be his wingman! I guess we should just be glad that it's something normal like cookies and not something lewd, knowing Adachi, though it's not what Moe was trying to insinuate he get anyways .

Oh, and of course his smooth throw into her locker is a bust and Ichikawa tries to slip it in only to end up putting it in Yamada's locker...and then she reads the note thinking it's from him. Maybe it's for the best Moe didn't see Adachi's note and his goofy lovey-dovey lines, but at least it's a critical hit on Yamada! So in the end, Adachi was a wingman for Ichikawa .

Oh snap! Adahi's mom! And she's as much a babe as ever! She's even wearing fishnets! And she's making her son properly thank Moe personally like a good boy! And Adachi's sincerity, and expressing to her how much her gift meant something to him, even had an effect on her !

Well, it'll be sad to see this class end and the gang potentially all splitting up...though Chi had a foolproof plan to make it seem like their friendship was ending so they wouldn't be split up! Even if Yamada couldn't keep the act up and Chi might've just screwed herself over in the process! But at least it seems like Ichikawa and the guys have finally become friends !

Impromptu romantic basketball game between Ichikawa and Yamada! Yamada's got some moves, but she's better at defense than throwing, and her chest makes for quite the barrier once Ichikawa brushes against it .

Our boy Ichikawa thought he'd finally confess if he made a shot! But just when it looks like the ball is about to drop...Yamada sinks it in for him! Because these two are at their best together after all. And all Yamada wants is to be able to call him "Kyo," and it hits hard !

I love how Ichikawa is letting Yamada call him by his first name in a nickname go to his head, complete with already imagining them banging while she's saying it. His horniness has gotten so bad Shojo Jun Fukuyama has embraced the dark side and become Lucifer Nigorikawa! And that's not even getting into Kana's confined teasing of him .

Would Ichikawa's birthday be complete without Yamada appearing? Especially in that outfit? Even better when they stumble into his dad, she finds out it's his birthday, and she gets an invite to his place to celebrate with his folks (and her future in-laws) !

Punk-rock Kana for the win! I love how she's totally all-in on being a great sister-in-law and getting along with Yamada, even trying to impress a pro model with her outfits (which she does look great in) !!

Is it embarrassing having your basically girlfriend over for birthday dinner? How about having dinner with your basically boyfriends' family? Yamada is already watching how she eats around them and trying to be extremely considerate. Meanwhile Ichikawa has goofy birthday glasses. Though under the cover of darkness with his birthday cake about to be blown out...that Yamada ASMR "Happy Birthday Kyo" is enough to kill a man .

Oh snap, she's staying over! Thank you Yamada mama for being understanding even when she realizes it's at THAT Ichikawa's. Though Kana probably helped .

Ha ha, she's bathing in his bath! Complete with naked Yamada! And that scene between them where their hands touch and there's so much intimacy and sexual tension carrying through their hands even as they're averting their eyes...priceless .

Yamada is researching a role but can't relate to being a rebellious daughter, but Ichikawa chips in with his own familial problems and how he's always been angry at himself. And what better way for Yamada to respond than by bringing his face to her chest and comforting him? And then afterwards they just talk each other into the night .

Oh, so it took him THAT long to realize Yamada was going commando ?
Old 2024-02-24, 19:43   Link #94
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ichikawa's dad looks like a grandpa. The contrast between him and Yamada's dad is HUGE

Kana invites Yamada to stay over and then just goes ahead and falls asleep before 10pm... obviously from all the booze she drank. But hey, this way the pair got some alone time. I totally thought Ichikawa was going to whisper a "Good night, Anna", but nope.

Really great episode. Ichikawa had already met his future in-laws so it's only fair Yamada got to do the same this season.
Old 2024-02-24, 20:02   Link #95
grecefar

anna twintails was so cute and kana rocker outfiit I like it too.

I didn't have my feelings all over the place like the previous chapter but still a really good one as always.

We are getting close to the end. (╯‵□′)╯︵┻━┻
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-24, 20:29   Link #96
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Ichikawa's dad looks like a grandpa. The contrast between him and Yamada's dad is HUGE

Kana invites Yamada to stay over and then just goes ahead and falls asleep before 10pm... obviously from all the booze she drank. But hey, this way the pair got some alone time. I totally thought Ichikawa was going to whisper a "Good night, Anna", but nope.

Really great episode. Ichikawa had already met his future in-laws so it's only fair Yamada got to do the same this season.
Well, he's 59.

Also - he's Ginko.
Old 2024-02-24, 23:36   Link #97
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She even looked disappointed he didn't do anything .
Quote:
Well, he's 59.

Also - he's Ginko.
The rare Yuto Nakano appearance .
Old 2024-02-25, 07:52   Link #98
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Well, he's 59.

Also - he's Ginko.
Oh man, I didn't recognize him! He's rarely ever in anime so it's pretty cool.
Old 2024-02-25, 08:13   Link #99
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Old 2024-02-25, 10:13   Link #100
Frontier

Quote:
Now it feels completely intentional .