AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-15, 18:47   Link #81
Wayward~bard

I've only watched the first two episodes, but I have to say it looks promising. I was very surprised (and excited) when I say deltora quest here, I enjoyed the children's books when they came out. They were surprisingly inventive and had a large cast of unique characters, as well as some very creative monsters. I'm very eager to see how the series ends, though I'm admittingly a bit wary to see how the dragon series converts to anime.
Wayward~bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 16:36   Link #82
Cloud9247

I think this is the place to put it, but anyways. I have noticed no one has subbed episodes 6 on through, so I have started a fansub group, http://the-knighthood.net . We are currently starting on the current episode, 10. We are new, and inexperienced, but we are tyring our best to bring everyone the best fansubs of Deltora Quest possible. We appreciate any support.
Cloud9247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 11:16   Link #83
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Golden Knight, Gorl

The more episodes I watched the more and more the anime adaptation to the Deltora's Quest books immerses me.

I have decided to purchase and read all of the books in thanks to the hype that the anime is building within me.

I feel that the episodes neither are rushed nor stuffed with filler materials. They handle to fill with the theme or turning points in the story, making the each episode completed in both narrative and development.

I mean Lief and his comrades have already scored the first of the seven gems, and now they are marching their way to the search of the second one right away.

To the topic of episode three.
Just plainly put, Gorl and his brothers were rotten. The outcome would not had been different if Gorl ended killed instead and either one among his two brothers stood up as the victor.

They forsake friends, family, and ties just to grasp on the slight chance at acquiring eternal life at the cost of what? At the cost of wasting their lives, their bodies, and walking into the light.

That man got no pity and empathy from me. He was just a selfish bastard who turned the forest into a mess for his own gain to protect the lilies.

He does not even deserved to die by the swords of Lief and Barda. I'm glad he got a pathetic death in accord to his little and pitiful existence as a mere hollow armor with a broken soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9247 View Post
I think this is the place to put it, but anyways. I have noticed no one has subbed episodes 6 on through, so I have started a fansub group, http://the-knighthood.net . We are currently starting on the current episode, 10. We are new, and inexperienced, but we are tyring our best to bring everyone the best fansubs of Deltora Quest possible. We appreciate any support.
I don't know, but I am sticking with DATS fansub releases.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 03:54   Link #84
animegirl2410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
To the topic of episode three.
Just plainly put, Gorl and his brothers were rotten. The outcome would not had been different if Gorl ended killed instead and either one among his two brothers stood up as the victor.

They forsake friends, family, and ties just to grasp on the slight chance at acquiring eternal life at the cost of what? At the cost of wasting their lives, their bodies, and walking into the light.

That man got no pity and empathy from me. He was just a selfish bastard who turned the forest into a mess for his own gain to protect the lilies.

He does not even deserved to die by the swords of Lief and Barda. I'm glad he got a pathetic death in accord to his little and pitiful existence as a mere hollow armor with a broken soul.
Bravo! Couldn't of put it better myself...

Now, at the moment after episode... 12... 13... one of those two... we should be entering book four... Shifting Sands... which has a few sub plots, which link some of the books. However, I'm not exactly sure how many episodes until book 4 starts... considering the makers of this anime appear to be doing something I didn't think they'd do...

Note: A spoiler which has been mentioned earlier on in this thread, will be mentioned in this particular spoiler... and is pretty much the big Number 1 spoiler for this series...(well, thats my opinion anyway...) since the readers didn't get their theory confrimed until the last chapter of the last book, you have been warned...
Spoiler:
animegirl2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 16:05   Link #85
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
So episode 15 has now aired... and with it comes a new ending =D

"Hey Now!" by COOLON

Screenshots here: http://dats.us/end2
Old 2007-05-01, 16:35   Link #86
Ireland

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKaizer View Post
So episode 15 has now aired... and with it comes a new ending =D

"Hey Now!" by COOLON

Screenshots here: http://dats.us/end2

Wonderful yeah, but torrents end at the 9th episode
Some chances to see new releases from DATS or ACG before the end of June? The serie is already at the 17th episode!
Gosh ._.

(yep, I start to watch it recently, even if Deltora Quest came out on January, as Wiki says)
Ireland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 23:41   Link #87
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
DATS has a few episodes in progress, but the translator has been busy lately, and coupling that with his stupid computer, we haven't got much. >_>

I wonder why ACG is even bothering... their releases are so bad...
Old 2007-05-02, 13:00   Link #88
Ireland

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKaizer View Post
DATS has a few episodes in progress, but the translator has been busy lately, and coupling that with his stupid computer, we haven't got much. >_>

I wonder why ACG is even bothering... their releases are so bad...
So, they've not dropped the project. This is a good news * For the ACG sub, why you say this? There is something wrong in translation or is a fact of graphics? (Except for the choose of the font, but I saw worst)
Anyway, we'll wait for new releases from Dats, bring us some good news when you'll have them!
Ireland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 00:31   Link #89
pitty
fansubber

Send a message via MSN to pitty Send a message via Yahoo to pitty
Maybe we aren't good enough....but we do our best...If you don't like ACG's subs...don't download them!

Bye Bye
pitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 19:44   Link #90
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Half the lines aren't even understandable ~_~

I just wish there was a decent translator who wasn't busy... DATS would be caught up then...
Old 2007-05-05, 22:41   Link #91
Meis Triumph
The Spirit Blacksmith

DATS site down... and they stalled at ep 3

and ACG sub is not quite understandable at some point =.=
Meis Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 05:05   Link #92
pitty
fansubber

Hmmm....I know 2nd epi's translation was really bad...but now i think we got better ... And i'm in hurry...I can't wait for DATS...If DATS will reach us maybe will drop Deltora Quest, but till then you have to endure our subs :P
Old 2007-05-06, 18:56   Link #93
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

DATS will have 4 and 5 soon. >_>

Our translator is a huge fan of the books, and is constantly cross-referencing them, which makes it a tedius task for him, and coupling that with being busy...

pitty, we could team up maybe?
Old 2007-05-08, 00:11   Link #94
pitty
fansubber

Maybe yes...
Old 2007-05-13, 18:30   Link #95
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Enigmatic Giant's Curse

It has been a long time since I watched an episode to this extraordinary, medieval-fantasy story.

It's just awesome the way the animators are treating the pace of the story. There was actually no filler content that delayed the flow, and the plot moved from one problem quickly solved to the next destination.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-16, 20:09   Link #96
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Thumbs up Nij and Doj's Trap

I am a little dumb for not realizing it sooner since episode three.

Deltora's Quest is styled as an RPG anime, that means for our heroes to progress further into the plot they must gather clues by talking or saving people, solve monster's puzzles or doing an uncertain action to open up a route or path to the next destination that will allow them to reach the boss and, consequently, the gems.

The trick for episode five was backwards language.
Spoiler:

The setting for the villages and dynamics on which the story follows is resembling to famous RPG games like Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, or Dragon's Quest.
Old 2007-05-26, 15:40   Link #97
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Monster of the Lake of Tears

And the pace keeps flowing smoothly.

The RPG style and environment becomes more obvious with each episode.

Spoiler:

And our heroes already came to the second boss, Soleidinn.
Old 2007-05-27, 18:18   Link #98
Vash72
The Pumpkin King

Deltora Quest - ACG Fansubs (English)

[ACG] Deltora Quest 04 Xvid
[ACG] Deltora Quest 05 Xvid
[ACG] Deltora Quest 06 Xvid
[ACG] Deltora Quest 07 Xvid
[ACG] Deltora Quest 08 Xvid
[ACG] Deltora Quest 09 Xvid
[ACG] Deltora Quest 10 Xvid

Just wanted to put this up in case anyone wanted to continue watching this series. ACG Fansubs are quite watchable IMO, contrary some of the earlier suggestions made. So if you've been waiting for Deltora give ACG Fansubs a chance and decide for yourselves.......

Time to catch up with the world of Deltora.......
Cheers,

Vash72

PS : If you do download ACG Deltora fansubs be sure to go thank them in their english forum as they have not been recieving much support or thanks for their efforts.......
Vash72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 18:21   Link #99
Vash72
The Pumpkin King

Double Post (Sorry)

Last edited by Vash72; 2007-05-27 at 18:33.
Vash72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 20:10   Link #100
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Witch Thaegan Appears

Lake of Tears arc concluded in this episode.

Until now so far I have seen, this arc was the RPG-ish styled.
Spoiler:

The witch reaped what she sowed.
Spoiler:

Well, everything ended well for this arc.
Spoiler:

Tags
fantasy