AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-20, 22:24   Link #81
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Well I'm just saying, because it is a Josei that I'm open to any possibilities.
Old 2010-03-21, 02:25   Link #82
ReddyRedWolf

Unlucky Kouki relegated as childhood friend.

Reina was annoying as a kid my goodness she became a ditz,

What sort of childhood did you go through Rin. Jumping over your comemorative tree.

Since this is a timeskip with Rin old enough she'll have to deal with some baggage involving her mother. Who is likely now a successful mangaka and probably married. Optionally she could have a younger half sibling during these 10 years.

If I were Daikichi I'd be worried of that boy. Really it was cute when they were kids but now in high school Kouki is healthy (perverted) boy that is creeping around his precious daughter Rin.

Lol at Dakichi calling Rin a grandma since family tree wise she is his aunt.
Old 2010-03-21, 07:27   Link #83
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight012 View Post
anyone can tell us what happens in the volume 6? :X please :<!
Volume 6 spoiler :

Spoiler for Chapter 31:

Spoiler for Chapter 32:

Spoiler for Chapter 33:

Spoiler for Chapter 34:

Spoiler for Chapter 35:

Spoiler for Chapter 36:
Old 2010-03-21, 11:40   Link #84
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

It seems that my assumptions are starting to look more likely
Old 2010-03-21, 11:49   Link #85
Flight012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
Volume 6 spoiler :

Spoiler for Chapter 31:

Spoiler for Chapter 32:

Spoiler for Chapter 33:

Spoiler for Chapter 34:

Spoiler for Chapter 35:

Spoiler for Chapter 36:

You deserve tons of cookies! thanks alot your summary feels like translation tbh =)
and if u dont mind there is chapter 40-43 out wondering whats happening between daikichi and rin there.

the latest chapters are at mangahelpers
Old 2010-03-21, 12:59   Link #86
Rickketik

Spoiler for chapter 36:

Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-21, 13:02   Link #87
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight012 View Post
You deserve tons of cookies! thanks alot your summary feels like translation tbh =)
and if u dont mind there is chapter 40-43 out wondering whats happening between daikichi and rin there.

the latest chapters are at mangahelpers
I don't read Japanese but I have the chance that the manga is released in France

That will take probably more than 6 months for volume 7 to be released (in France), so I won't be able to help for spoiler for now.
Old 2010-03-21, 14:29   Link #88
Flight012

ahh damnit but thanks mate =) we need some japanese dude to help us with the last chapters ^^ I wonder whats this all the blushing all about.
Old 2010-03-27, 22:59   Link #89
yongshun

ch 26 is out Daikichi acts like a awkward teenager and even he thought that Rin and Kouki were going out like everyone else.

Head or Gut?
Old 2010-03-27, 23:09   Link #90
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Wasn't expecting the time skip, but I'm liking it.
Old 2010-04-14, 17:30   Link #91
yongshun

Finally picked up volume 1 from yen press surprised it is rated teen. The book is larger then most standard mangas' it is the same size as Black Lagoon from Viz.

Head or Gut?
Old 2010-04-15, 08:52   Link #92
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Im really starting to feel bad for Daikichi. Even though Rin hit the jack pot in terms of who she could have ended up with and Daikichi has been a great parent. I just think it sucks that at 40 hes still alone and with no signs of getting married anytime soon. I think things will change for him once Rin really starts being independent like when she goes to collage. Since she was in pre school hes everyday has been caring for her well being. Well what happens when that part of your life is suddenly gone? Your forced to look at your own life and he might actually start realize that he might be lonely and since things have not progressed between he and Kouki's mom im starting to think nothing will happen because of the relationship their children have and someone has just purposed to her. I think the guy deserves some happiness of him own not to say hes not happy now with Rin
Old 2010-04-15, 09:20   Link #93
yongshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im really starting to feel bad for Daikichi. Even though Rin hit the jack pot in terms of who she could have ended up with and Daikichi has been a great parent. I just think it sucks that at 40 hes still alone and with no signs of getting married anytime soon. I think things will change for him once Rin really starts being independent like when she goes to collage. Since she was in pre school hes everyday has been caring for her well being. Well what happens when that part of your life is suddenly gone? Your forced to look at your own life and he might actually start realize that he might be lonely and since things have not progressed between he and Kouki's mom im starting to think nothing will happen because of the relationship their children have and someone has just purposed to her. I think the guy deserves some happiness of him own not to say hes not happy now with Rin
I personally think that the parents were attracted to each other but thought that Rin and Kouki were going to get together so they decided to not be in a relationship because of it.

Head or Gut?
Old 2010-05-30, 05:14   Link #94
Dark Mage

I loved the first part of this manga. But dislike the second part mainly because Daikichi takes the back-sit and he seems to keep only sacrificing

I feel really angry about Kouki's mom(Nitani) and Daikichi's situation. I mean Daikichi deserves some happiness right? He has been a single for a very long while looking after Rin. While everyone around him has found partners to love. It just seems really unfair. I mean Nitani loves him but refused him before because she had to take care of Kouki, that was understandable, but now she has no problems dating another guy? I really hate this especially because its clear that both Nitani and Daikichi love each other and have been holding back for 10 years.

And like someone else mentioned I dislike the fact that Daikichi has become the side-charater now, and I feel sad because he is so lonely and once Rin moves out he will be completely alone. I really am angry with Kouiki's mom. Daikichi once mentioned he lost his EX girlfriend to another guy and now even Nitani is being taken by some other guy. Its unfair because Daikichi still loves her. Just because she has Kouki it didnt stop Nitani's mom from getting herself a boyfriend, Rins mother is pregnany once more. Why is it only Daikichi who has to remain single just because his 79 year old grandpa got someone pregnant. I would have been happier if Nitani atleast remained single just like Daikichi but she chose to move on while Daikichi is stuck in the same place wher he was 10 years before

To people who keep saying and worrying that if Daikichi and Nitani (Kouki's mom) get married Rin and Kouki will become step-siblings, arent you guys only looking at Rin's happiness? I mean yeah, Daikichi was happy raising a kid, but dont you think he deserves a little happiness of his own? Everyone have partners, no one is single except Daikichi, everyone's found love, spo how is it fair that only Daikichi is left alone. How can Nitani's mom turn him down so cruelly? Is it just done so that Rin and Kouki get together? So where exactly is Daikichi's happiness. Is he meant to be the eternal sacrifice?

I liked Rin when she was a little kid because she was adorable, but her teenage self is abit self-absorbed. I mean Kouki atleast talks with Nitani and tells her that even though she is his mother, she doesnt need to hold back because of him, and if she wants to remarry he will back her up and Kouki knows about Nitani having feelings for Daikichi and talks to both his mother and Daikichi about it, But dont you think its abit negligient of Rin to never ask Daikichi if he is happy being single, or if he wants to get married, and Rin also failed to notice Daikichi's feelings for Nitani unlike Kouki. I just think Rin should realize it abit more how much Daikichi has sacrificed. I mean both Daikichi and Nitani loved each other but Nitani had to finally make a decision to move on because of these drama between Rin and Kouki. Alas, poor Daikichi has no one to move on to, once Nitani remarries.

In retrospect I guess its Daichi's fault for being too much of a worryworrt because how long does he expect Nitani to wait for him? Nitani atleast knows when to finally draw her line anbd achieve her own happiness, now that her kid has grown-up. I mean Nitani recognised she has had it being alone and wants to give herself some happiness and a companion.

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2010-05-30 at 12:18.
Old 2010-05-30, 17:31   Link #95
chinamen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
I loved the first part of this manga. But dislike the second part mainly because Daikichi takes the back-sit and he seems to keep only sacrificing

I feel really angry about Kouki's mom(Nitani) and Daikichi's situation. I mean Daikichi deserves some happiness right? He has been a single for a very long while looking after Rin. While everyone around him has found partners to love. It just seems really unfair. I mean Nitani loves him but refused him before because she had to take care of Kouki, that was understandable, but now she has no problems dating another guy? I really hate this especially because its clear that both Nitani and Daikichi love each other and have been holding back for 10 years.

And like someone else mentioned I dislike the fact that Daikichi has become the side-charater now, and I feel sad because he is so lonely and once Rin moves out he will be completely alone. I really am angry with Kouiki's mom. Daikichi once mentioned he lost his EX girlfriend to another guy and now even Nitani is being taken by some other guy. Its unfair because Daikichi still loves her. Just because she has Kouki it didnt stop Nitani's mom from getting herself a boyfriend, Rins mother is pregnany once more. Why is it only Daikichi who has to remain single just because his 79 year old grandpa got someone pregnant. I would have been happier if Nitani atleast remained single just like Daikichi but she chose to move on while Daikichi is stuck in the same place wher he was 10 years before

To people who keep saying and worrying that if Daikichi and Nitani (Kouki's mom) get married Rin and Kouki will become step-siblings, arent you guys only looking at Rin's happiness? I mean yeah, Daikichi was happy raising a kid, but dont you think he deserves a little happiness of his own? Everyone have partners, no one is single except Daikichi, everyone's found love, spo how is it fair that only Daikichi is left alone. How can Nitani's mom turn him down so cruelly? Is it just done so that Rin and Kouki get together? So where exactly is Daikichi's happiness. Is he meant to be the eternal sacrifice?

I liked Rin when she was a little kid because she was adorable, but her teenage self is abit self-absorbed. I mean Kouki atleast talks with Nitani and tells her that even though she is his mother, she doesnt need to hold back because of him, and if she wants to remarry he will back her up and Kouki knows about Nitani having feelings for Daikichi and talks to both his mother and Daikichi about it, But dont you think its abit negligient of Rin to never ask Daikichi if he is happy being single, or if he wants to get married, and Rin also failed to notice Daikichi's feelings for Nitani unlike Kouki. I just think Rin should realize it abit more how much Daikichi has sacrificed. I mean both Daikichi and Nitani loved each other but Nitani had to finally make a decision to move on because of these drama between Rin and Kouki. Alas, poor Daikichi has no one to move on to, once Nitani remarries.

In retrospect I guess its Daichi's fault for being too much of a worryworrt because how long does he expect Nitani to wait for him? Nitani atleast knows when to finally draw her line anbd achieve her own happiness, now that her kid has grown-up. I mean Nitani recognised she has had it being alone and wants to give herself some happiness and a companion.
Wow Dark Mage you've been busy man. found your comments on Usagi Drop on 3 other sites. props to your dedication
btw totally agree with the comment, Daikichi seems have gotten the short end. also noticed that for a forty-something male he aged too much. cause? maybe stress, loneliness.
Old 2010-05-30, 20:40   Link #96
catavecino

jhahaha i saw hin in another place too
althought this one is longer, and i do feel sorry for daikichi
but it can't end just like that i still have hope, maybe we have seen him like a side character because he IS the one that have changed the less, and a proper introduction of the "new characters" was needed, and when that is finished, he will again take an active part in the plot, another thing is that i believe the author hasn't make Rin give her suppor on daikichi and nitani's relationship, is because he is waiting to give love tension betwen rin and daikichi (what will never happen but it is something that many has thought) so if she was backing him up that would never happen, that is why i think we should wait a little, because i have faith that a happy end awaits him

Last edited by catavecino; 2010-05-30 at 20:56.
Old 2010-07-03, 09:47   Link #97
Dark Mage

What bugs me the most is, even if Nitani and Daikichi got married, it still shouldnt cause any problems for Rin and Kouki. This wont mean Kouki and Rin are step-siblings, because remember? Rin isnt Daikichi's daughter, she wasnt even legally adopted by Daikichi, she is his aunt, not his daughter, blood-related, legally or otherwise. So even if Nitani had married Daikichi, Rin and Kouki wouldnt become step-siblings. So I really dont get what's the problem with him marrying Nitani? He clearly loved Nitani the moment he first saw her and continued to love her and even if he wasnt good with the ladies mustered up enough courage and asked her to live together with him. Nitani too loved him.

It just sucks because Nitani wantss to move on, and everyone seems to be hooking up with somebody while Daikichi has to suffer and live on being single because his old fart of a grandfather had two wives and Daikichi cant have a single woman in his life. I would understand if he wasnt interested in girls but that isnt the case, and the other thing I dont get is, in other mangas and what I know of Japanese society, the parents start questioning their son/daughter when they will get married and start pressuring them, but Daikichi's parents never seems to ask him the inevitable question.

I mean in all these people seem to be ignoring Daikichi's happiness and everything is focused on Rin and her happiness. And no matter what you say, Rin is way too self-absorbed, because I have rarely seen her being worried about Daikichi and show gratitude, or worry about his love-life. Kouki atleast knows how much Nitani loved Daikichi, he even saiid that both mother and son might have been cursed as they cant hook-up with the person they love. Nitani with Daikichi while Rin with Kouki. But Rin never even showed interest and asks what Daikichi wants.

If this is what parenthood is all about, then I m better off never having a kid. Because at the end I m sure Daikichi will say something philosophical and idealistic like "Even though I had to sacrifice alot, I dont regret them because Rin's happiness is my happiness" ...or something like that. But the true happiness and parenthood should be like what Nitani is doing, work hard, raise your children, but set aside some time of happiness for yourself.

If they wanted to leave Daikichi all alone and keep showing his saintly sacrifices, then I will just pretend there was never a second part to the manga. I just dont like Rin in the second part, she is way too self-absorbed, only worried about her own love-life and what not, never seems to realize what Daikichi had to go through while bringing her up. If she ever had a talk with Daikichi like Kouki had with his mother where he told her that he would be fine with whatever choices she made and even if she remarried, then maybe, I wouldnt think of Rin as being self-absorbed. She just doesnt seem to care about Daikichi's side of things that much

And no, I dont think there will ever be any sexual tension between Daikichi and Rin because that would be messed up and if you want a more logical reason, its because Daikichi will never be able to look at her as a lover and the same goes for Rin, also the other fact is, Rin clearly loves Kouki, she cant fall in love with another guy and certaily not Daikichi. So....

Sorry for the rant, its just I really pissed and also, cant help but wonder there are actually some readers who think Daikichi should be a bachelor for life and are even happy that Nitani and Daikichi never got together. I think those sorts of sentiments are really selfish, because Daikichi isnt some sort of hrmit and he isnt gay or impotent, so why should he have to hold back while no one else does? When even his 75 year old grandfather couldnt hold himself back? When Rin's biological mother couldnt hold herself back? And even got another boyfriend instead of taking care of Rin? When Rin ior Kouki nt holding back? Or neither did Nitani?

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2010-07-03 at 10:11.
Old 2010-07-17, 09:33   Link #98
Miles Teg

In France volume 7 (chapter 36 to 42) will be released the 09/15/2010.
Old 2010-08-08, 06:01   Link #99
snowbells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
In France volume 7 (chapter 36 to 42) will be released the 09/15/2010.
thank you so much for the summaries! love you!
can you please summarize volume 7 too when the vol comes out?
Old 2010-08-09, 12:54   Link #100
yongshun

A new chapter is out and well interestingly enough it is a chapter about Daikichi relationship with Nitani. Boy talk about blind leading the blind, neither seems understand their own feeling for each other. It is funny that it is Daikichi that straightened out Koyuki during his middle school rebellion stage.

Head or Gut?
Closed Thread