AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-20, 14:49   Link #81
Serf

All I can say is that I think it was really a pretty bad move from Tsunasima, I mean the kid who ends up pilotting a mecha because of some incident and then he becomes a super skilled pilot it has become too cliche, come on Ryouhei was just great Tsunasima didn't need to put a diferent main character
Old 2009-05-20, 21:01   Link #82
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serf View Post
It seems the first chapter of the new jinki manga is out, the new name is "Jinki Extend Relation"
Errr, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Just 2 days left until the first chapter of the new Jinki Extend Relation manga in Dragon Age! Keep an eye out for raws.
EDIT: So yeah, I've rather unsuccessfully looked for raws of chapter 1 for quite a while now. Where are you guys finding yours? >.>

EDIT 2: ...so, after making the above edit, I take another crack at searching for the chapter...and it's the first hit on the search engine list.

Anyway, I think people are jumping the gun a little bit on Ryohei being gone for good. Just the way he went was far too anti-climactic to be permanent. If he's going to go for good, it would be far more dramatic and at least Aoba would be there to cry over him. Plus, it looks like he's going to end up "haunting" the new guy (who, as far as I could tell, wasn't actually named yet oddly enough), so he'll still be there in spirit for now until his return. (seriously, he's not dead for good) It'll probably turn into Ryohei sticking around to "haunt" the new guy, while he explains to everyone as best he can that Ryohei isn't gone. (in order to, from an out-of-story point of view, avoid much corny, uneeded drama and crying)

It seems to me to be a move by Tsunashima to make way for a new main character who will become the real love interest for Akao. There's really no other reason to "kill" off Ryohei and toss in a new main character, aside from getting some new blood for the series, and this would serve to leave Ryohei all for Aoba, since their love is already solidified. Plus, since Akao is a clone of Ryohei's mom....y'know.......

Considering how the first thing we read is how the new guy would "be happy having 1, 5, or even 10 girls around him," I think it's safe to assume he'll be the new center of the pilot harem though, although I don't see Rui or Mel J warming up to him very easily. ....which makes me wonder where everyone else is, actually. We see Minami and Elnie, but Elnie's not even in her Touja. Maybe there mechs are in the shop for servicing, or they're busy elsewhere? I doubt theyre gone from the story though (at the very least, Rui will still be around if Minami is there) They probably just weren't here since it would make the chapter too packed with everybody coming back immediately.

On the new guy's front, he's certainly not your average "guy who gets mixed up in a fight and kicks arse." Usually you don't see them hopping in the mech to check for a cute girl. :lol:
Quote:
All I can say is that I think it was really a pretty bad move from Tsunasima, I mean the kid who ends up pilotting a mecha because of some incident and then he becomes a super skilled pilot it has become too cliche, come on Ryouhei was just great Tsunasima didn't need to put a diferent main character
And this kind of move isn't as dumb as we'd think over here; the "random guy" "cliche" has actually been out of use for quite some time.

I'm kinda "wtf"-ing out with the Kiribito's, Jinki's own Psycho Gundam, appearance at the end of the chapter though. How the heck are they supposed to deal with that? "heh: And as for Moribito 2, I'd bet that it probably got shipped back over to Venezuela for Aoba.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2009-05-21 at 05:54.
Old 2009-05-21, 08:17   Link #83
Serf

I see your point Shinji103 I guess we should wait to see more chapters althought I still prefer Ryouhei as the true harem lead and I really hope he don't die and at some point return as one of the main characters, in regard the fact that Akao is a clone of his mother I don't see much problem since I remember something like Ryouhies father told her that she only looks like her but inside they are different persons so she sould live her life not as a clone but as a another new being or something like that, besides I think it would be more interesting to see a development in the love triangle of Aoba, Akao and Ryouhei, since it shows some hints of Akaos feeling for Ryouhei it will be kind of weird that her feelings change from Ryouhei to the new kid just like that, of course that it's just my point of view
Old 2009-05-21, 11:45   Link #84
KidKaz

I'll have to agree with Shinji103, after thinking about it we were kind of jumping the gun a bit. In any case I'm very interested to see where this is going. And by the way if you're asking for raws go to mangahelpers.com
Old 2009-05-29, 10:50   Link #85
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Thanks for the updates--will make sure I pick up Jinki CE Vol.5 for the chapters I want.

I'll have to check this new series out. I wouldn't write off Ryouhei yet, and I agree it's mainly the need to switch the harem-ish relationship around...but hey, this could also, potentially tap into Ryohei's own character development if they can bring him back (and soon) in the series--essentially Ryohei becoming more like his dad; i.e. a mentor character. And since the new 'main character' is male and (from indications) a perv---oh yeah, would really like to see Ryohei give him the full Drill Sergeant routine...
Old 2009-05-29, 13:23   Link #86
KidKaz

Mangahelpers.com just put raws for Jinki shinstestu and translations (Not scanlations) for Jinki Extend relation, check them out if you can
Old 2009-05-31, 04:19   Link #87
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Err, they already have. There's a single volume containing all the chapters released in Dengeki in one book called "Final Episode," and then there's another series of volumes under the "Complete Edition" series that (I believe) re-releases all the chapters of Jinki all the way back from its first debut in GanGan. Both have been out for a long while. A little research might be called for first next time, lol.
- Hold on a second, you mean Vol 1-4 are actually reprints of Jinki from the original Jinki series?

I hope my supplier can get Vol.5 it's listed as sold out on quite a few sites...
Old 2009-05-31, 05:22   Link #88
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Hold on a second, you mean Vol 1-4 are actually reprints of Jinki from the original Jinki series?
I think they are as well as having Jinki: Extend from Comic Blade as well. I think. I don't actually have the volumes since I already have all of original Jinki, the reprints released by Mag Garden, and Jinki:Extend , nor have I seen summaries or scans of them.

Try www.kinokuniya.com or Amazon.com. At the very least, Amazon should have them, or should be able to get them in.
Old 2009-06-02, 18:23   Link #89
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I already asked my source to get Vol.5 for me, so I'll know for certain when I recieve my copy. At AU$33.50 (shipping and all), I'll be really annoyed if it turns out Vol.5 isn;'t what I was looking for.
Old 2009-06-02, 23:34   Link #90
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
I already asked my source to get Vol.5 for me, so I'll know for certain when I recieve my copy. At AU$33.50 (shipping and all), I'll be really annoyed if it turns out Vol.5 isn;'t what I was looking for.
If by volume 5 you mean Volume 5 of Complete Edition, then it's what you're looking for.
Old 2009-06-10, 20:18   Link #91
Serf

Chapter 2 of Jinki relation is out, but I really don't understand what happend with Ryouhei, anyone how knows japanese care to make a summary of the chapter

P.D. the chapter is on mangahelpers.com
Old 2009-06-10, 22:22   Link #92
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Chapter 2 of Jinki relation is out, but I really don't understand what happend with Ryouhei, anyone how knows japanese care to make a summary of the chapter
Wow, it's already been a month? I didn't even realize...

Spoiler for Chapter 2:

EDIT: Ugh. About 2 dozen pretty ugly typos and stuff that I really shouldn't have made. >.>

Last edited by Shinji103; 2009-06-12 at 17:13.
Old 2009-06-11, 06:27   Link #93
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

My Vol.5 Jinki Complete Edition arrived today, thank goodness. And given the glossy papr, I'm beginning to understand why the heftier price tag...heck, Taka (the man who owns the shop I order through) sighed relief when I finally got this--then had a doomed expression on his faxce when I told him Tunasima and Jinki switched publishers AGAIN.

He's funny. He honestly thinks I exist to torment him, looking for Japanese manga, artbooks, and magazines that aren't mainstream...
Old 2009-06-11, 08:25   Link #94
Serf

Thanks for the summary Shinji103 , well atleast it seems Ryouhei is going to return sometime in the future chapters, I wonder how his body dissapear just like that, also I remember that before the first chapter of Relation was released, Tsunasima have like a promotional image on his site of three new girls that would seems they would appear in the manga, maybe this kid Souki would become the harem lead of this new girls, that would make more sense since for the summary he mention the name of some girls if I understand correct
Old 2009-06-11, 08:32   Link #95
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Well, having skimmed through Vol.5 of Complete Edition, I think it very possible for Ryouhei's body to dissapear, as it's already happened once before...sort of.
Old 2009-06-12, 08:27   Link #96
Serf

Quote:
Well, having skimmed through Vol.5 of Complete Edition, I think it very possible for Ryouhei's body to dissapear, as it's already happened once before...sort of.
Oh you mean whe it appears that He fuse with the mecha and Aoba pilots it?, also congratulations wavehawk you were to get your hands on a copy of the complete edition I get mine throught amazon and the last time I checked it was already out of stock
Old 2009-06-13, 13:59   Link #97
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Well, the shop I get it from has links to Japanese book and magazine sellers, so he usually has a pretty good command of stuff available. But like I said, my special orders give him tons of headaches...
Old 2009-06-18, 23:11   Link #98
KidKaz

PRAISE THE LORD, WE HAVE ACHIEVED SCANLATIONhttp://mangahelpers.com/m/jinki-extend-relation
Old 2009-06-19, 18:40   Link #99
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidKaz View Post
PRAISE THE LORD, WE HAVE ACHIEVED SCANLATIONhttp://mangahelpers.com/m/jinki-extend-relation
Yeah but what about the rest of the series.
Old 2009-06-19, 20:36   Link #100
Serf

Yeah it's great that they scanlate this chapter, but I would prefer if they started scanlating the other volumes of jinki extend, I uploaded the volumes on mangahelpers hoping that some group take them
Closed Thread