AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-10-18, 16:08   Link #81
LG-MAX 2.o

What makes him dangerous is not immortality alone (Nana killed a guy who could go back in time). Immortality only increases the danger it represents because he is very smart / sharp / intelligent and Nana's biggest advantage is that most of the students there are just ordinary teenagers without much intelligence with super powers.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-18, 18:17   Link #82
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was really good. This reminded me quite a bit of Death Note. We've got a protagonist who is killing people and an "antagonist" who strongly suspects her but can't do anything without solid proof. Furthermore, the protagonist finds himself unable to kill his foe.

Anyway, I'm rooting for Kyoya.
Old 2020-10-18, 19:09   Link #83
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
everyone else is stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
but they're just kids so it's to be expected.
Reminds me of the people that give the "But he's a minor" excuse.

Quote:
In any case, if you think the plot is boring, why are you even watching?
Why not?
For instance, unless the anime is painful, I watch to see if it gets better (and usually doesn't though). And even if it is bad (not in a painful way), it could be a funny bad or worth a few laughs, even if it is boring.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2020-10-18 at 19:27.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-18, 20:02   Link #84
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
What makes him dangerous is not immortality alone (Nana killed a guy who could go back in time). Immortality only increases the danger it represents because he is very smart / sharp / intelligent and Nana's biggest advantage is that most of the students there are just ordinary teenagers without much intelligence with super powers.
lol, exactly this make him a really dangerous nemesis, he is just one step behind her and any mistake from her could means her end.
Old 2020-10-19, 00:25   Link #85
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Depending on what type of immortality he has (his seems to be the regenerative type) there are quite a few ways around it.

Not having a sense of smell is one thing, but I wonder if his ability affects his age as well. There are a few quirks he has which makes me suspect that may be the case like him calling Nana "kid", thinking she would like to play with dolls, prefering retro games, and being out of touch with slang. The last two could just be personality quirks though.
He said he was 不老不死 , which is literally "never age and never die".
Old 2020-10-21, 14:13   Link #86
Dark Wing

After seeing to first 3 episodes I'm in it for the long haul. I need to know how this ends and probably pick up the manga later since it's still on going.
Old 2020-10-25, 17:09   Link #87
grecefar

Stabbing herself to make kyoya believe she is not the enemy is so the book and it really makes me mad how he fall for it or makes him doubt so much. Of course as outsider look watching the anime is easy but like someone said, they are dumb kids so they fall for her tricks easily.

Now even with this guy seeing the future, even with that like his power said is going to happend and even if he tells the class they won't believe him I'm sure.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-25, 17:28   Link #88
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Stabbing herself to make kyoya believe she is not the enemy is so the book and it really makes me mad how he fall for it or makes him doubt so much. Of course as outsider look watching the anime is easy but like someone said, they are dumb kids so they fall for her tricks easily.

Now even with this guy seeing the future, even with that like his power said is going to happend and even if he tells the class they won't believe him I'm sure.
he didn't full buy her "lie", he is thinking which she could had stabbed herself, the issue is which he still don't understand what she want to do, even psychopats and serial killers for more crazy they are they have a 'reason", this is why he still need more proofs" and understand better her, another thing which this episode show is how is "hard to kill him" because he can't die even if not sleep and even "eat", he body can recover from any condition, then i really doubt poison can do anything to him.

now we are finally start to see the "not so nice/good guys" from the class, like the 2 bitch girls which made the fake love letter to bully the other girl and also in the end the guy which can see the future.

if him really wanted he could already uncover her, but since he is doing that it show which he is fine with her "killing peoples as long he can blackmail her and get what he wants.
Old 2020-10-25, 19:07   Link #89
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ah, I see. The author realized he made Nana too unlikable so he's making her next victims total scumbags. And idiots, too. That guy probably feels safe because he's got a photo that shows him still alive past 10, so he's going to blackmail Nana into doing naughty stuff because that's what guys like him do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post

He didn't fall for it. He still thinks she's the culprit, he just can't figure out her motives, which in itself is pretty dumb. The kids have spread rumors among themselves about the "enemies of humanity" being able to disguise themselves as humans, so why has he never considered the possibility she's just that? In that case, her motives are obvious. I don't get why he's so stuck on this.
Old 2020-10-25, 19:26   Link #90
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Ah, I see. The author realized he made Nana too unlikable so he's making her next victims total scumbags. And idiots, too. That guy probably feels safe because he's got a photo that shows him still alive past 10, so he's going to blackmail Nana into doing naughty stuff because that's what guys like him do.

He didn't fall for it. He still thinks she's the culprit, he just can't figure out her motives, which in itself is pretty dumb. The kids have spread rumors among themselves about the "enemies of humanity" being able to disguise themselves as humans, so why has he never considered the possibility she's just that? In that case, her motives are obvious. I don't get why he's so stuck on this.
it's because he don't believe himself in the "enemies of mankind", he beilieve which this is a BS and she is just using it as a "bluff" to keep killing, but he don't have any proof of that, this is why he is trying to find "the truth".

Also don't forget he is there because of his "missing sister" which also disappear on that place too a few time ago, this is why he don't believe on that stuff about enemies of mankind, he believe which something is happening in this place and peoples are disappearing/dying, which is his "mission" to find out the truth.
Old 2020-10-25, 19:53   Link #91
Dop
Mmmm....

Yeah, in this episode the Thoughtograpy guy, well, if what he photographs is going to happen, then Nana will kill him anyhow. So with that and his other picture why isn't he telling everyone else about this? Even if they don't believe him now, when he dies they might be suspicious.

Really, at one point I wasn't too fussed about this show but I think I'm watching it all now just to see how Nana gets away with it!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-25, 19:59   Link #92
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Her motive is that she was ordered by the government to kill the kids. There's no way Kyoya would figure that out without landing on some pretty specific evidence, and without her motive he can't figure out why she's trying to kill everyone. And that understandably confuses him.

He's no an idiot. His thought process makes total sense. She can be super suspicious but without evidence Kyoya can't do anything. And without her motive he can't even understand what she's doing.
Old 2020-10-25, 21:01   Link #93
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Really, at one point I wasn't too fussed about this show but I think I'm watching it all now just to see how Nana gets away with it!
At this point, everyone including Nana seems stupid but its funny to watch because she always makes these dead-eye expressions that are starting to look more and more like "Oops I made a mistake" derp faces.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2020-10-25, 22:20   Link #94
arkhangelsk

Quote:
To be honest I never found Nana unlikable. She's killing them yes, but that's kind of the premise of the whole. It is kind of like reading a story where an Assassin is the protagonist and hating him for doing Assassin things.

The thoughts I have for this episode is that the tough ones are starting to show up. It is hard to believe that Yellow-Haired Punk there was the first guy to have a similar ability, so why did the government not bother telling Nana about these abilities? Do they want these assassinations to succeed or not?

The other thought is, Nana, maybe you should stop trusting what the government is sending you about death tolls
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-25, 22:58   Link #95
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
To be honest I never found Nana unlikable. She's killing them yes, but that's kind of the premise of the whole. It is kind of like reading a story where an Assassin is the protagonist and hating him for doing Assassin things.
It depends how the assassin's character develops since the basic premise of a killer is not someone one would root for just like that.

here though? Not buying it for now

Also, this is G-senjou's author? interesting....

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2020-10-25 at 23:13.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-26, 00:01   Link #96
VDZ

Quote:
And idiots, too. That guy probably feels safe because he's got a photo that shows him still alive past 10, so he's going to blackmail Nana into doing naughty stuff because that's what guys like him do.
Pretty sure it's the opposite. The guy has given up on opposing fate and knows he's going to die in a couple of hours so he's trying to get the most out of his last couple hours (see also: waking up the cafeteria people to have one last meal), and that includes trying to figure out why the hell Nana has been killing people (the fact he has a photograph of the first murder means he's known since before that guy got killed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
So with that and his other picture why isn't he telling everyone else about this? Even if they don't believe him now, when he dies they might be suspicious.
Either he doesn't care everybody's getting murdered, or he figures it's pointless due to future knowledge confirming Nana won't be stopped. At the very least, he can't save himself (or so he seems to be convinced).
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-26, 00:19   Link #97
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
The other thought is, Nana, maybe you should stop trusting what the government is sending you about death tolls
Nah, surely the girl is gonna lick all those people to death. But since her power is to heal them, it will send them into some Jojo cannot-die-but-keep-dying thing.

Old 2020-10-26, 07:40   Link #98
moridin84
Custom User Title

It makes perfect sense that Kyoya can't understand Nana's motivations and actions.

The government plan that Nana is following doesn't really make sense.

I'm... fairly certain that the plan that Nana is following isn't the real plan. Although I have no idea what the real intention of this whole setup is.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-26, 07:52   Link #99
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Her motive is that she was ordered by the government to kill the kids. There's no way Kyoya would figure that out without landing on some pretty specific evidence, and without her motive he can't figure out why she's trying to kill everyone. And that understandably confuses him.

He's no an idiot. His thought process makes total sense. She can be super suspicious but without evidence Kyoya can't do anything. And without her motive he can't even understand what she's doing.
I'm not saying he can figure out her real motives. But based on the lies he's been fed, it would only be natural for him to assume she's an enemy of humanity in disguise that is there to exterminate them while they're still weak.
Old 2020-10-26, 09:01   Link #100
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
I'm not saying he can figure out her real motives. But based on the lies he's been fed, it would only be natural for him to assume she's an enemy of humanity in disguise that is there to exterminate them while they're still weak.
There are two intersecting options

(a) Nana is the murderer
(b) Someone else is the murderer
(x) The enemies of humanity are real
(y) The enemies of humanity are not real

(a-x) => Nana is a "human-type" enemy of humanity that is killing people
(a-y) => Nana is a human killing people for an unknown reason
(b-x) => An unknown enemy of humanity is killing people
(b-y) => An unknown person is killing people for an unknown reason

Kyoya is correctly suspecting (a-y) while Nana is pushing for (b-x).

If you accept that enemies of humanity are real (a-x) is definitely an option but then so is (b-x). In the case of (b-x), Nana is actually his greatest ally.

Either way, regardless of how suspicious he thinks she is, he needs proof.

And besides, in a story with real "enemies of humanity" where Nana is the MC she would absolutely be involved in any the murders and incidents to a suspicious degree.

- Perhaps just by coincidence
- Perhaps because she is tracking down the enemies of humanity herself out of pure goodwill after the first or second murders
- Perhaps she secretly came to the island with the intention to track down the enemies of humanity but doesn't trust Kyoya enough to tell him
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, super powers