AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2008-11-23, 12:51   Link #961
Kimitachi

They have the material to do that, so the characters wouldn´t be sporadic. they can make about 10 episodes by novel ( about 13 of COMO). The point is that we don´t wanna wait like 3 years between seasons, we´re gonna get old waiting
Kimitachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 12:58   Link #962
Kimitachi

there´s lots of action... we want they to not lose any escene, any sentence ....i´m agree with subzero.
Old 2008-11-23, 14:14   Link #963
Crisano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimitachi View Post
They have the material to do that, so the characters wouldn´t be sporadic. they can make about 10 episodes by novel ( about 13 of COMO). The point is that we don´t wanna wait like 3 years between seasons, we´re gonna get old waiting
I ment the character designs and animation would probably end up looking inconsistent and odd if the series was stretch over 24 episodes. I rather have a quality-looking season than one 50 episode season with odd looking animation.
Crisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 15:55   Link #964
Miles Teg

Tatakau Boy Meets Girl (343p) - 7 episodes
Hashiru One Night Stand (340p) - 4 episodes
Yureru Into The Blue (379p) - 6 episodes
Owaru Day By Day (first part) (202p) - 3 episodes
Owaru Day By Day (second part) (268p) - 7 episodes

So 5 novels for a total of 27 episodes, so we have an average of 5.4 episodes per novel.

The non-animated novel are :

Odoru Very Merry Christmas (362p)
Tsuduku On My Own (288p)
Moeru One Man Force (302p)
Tsudou Make My day (377p)
Semaru Nick Of Time (427p)
+ the (probably) last one

So 6 novels, that should be done in 33 episodes, personaly I think less, fight take a lot of "place" in a novel but can be quite fast in an anime but it's impossible to animate all the novel in 24 episodes.

If they decide to remove DVMC (not really important to the plot) and play around a little with the event after COMO that should be possible.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 18:55   Link #965
SkoolRumble4Ya

I seriously hope they don't remove anything from the novels. I doubt they would remove DVMC though because it's also important.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 20:55   Link #966
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
So 5 novels for a total of 27 episodes, so we have an average of 5.4 episodes per novel.
Isn't (24+13) 37? Or were there really ten whole episodes that had nothing to do with the novels?
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 22:43   Link #967
Kimitachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Isn't (24+13) 37? Or were there really ten whole episodes that had nothing to do with the novels?
good point!!
i think the 2 seasons ( 1st and 2nd raid) were awesome,everything was conected,not much blah blah blah, never got bored and if they do it again it will work.
Old 2008-11-24, 04:27   Link #968
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Some episodes from the first season where short stories (Fumoffu type stories if you prefer) The first 2 episodes of TSR are original content.
Old 2008-11-24, 13:03   Link #969
LeoXiao
思想工作

Oh, you're probably right then.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 14:11   Link #970
Miles Teg

To be more precise :

For FMP! (Gonzo)
Episode 8 is an anime original story.
Episode 13 is the last story of Volume 5.
Episode 14 is an anime original story.
Episode 15 to 17 is an anime original story (the Afghan Arc).
Episode 19 is the last story of volume 7.

7 episodes are not from the main story line

For FMP! TSR (KyoAni)
Episode 1 to 4 are anime original.
OAV is the last story of volume 10.

4 episodes + 1 OAV are not from the main story line.

So 24-7+13-4+1-1 = 26.

I have a mistake 5 novel have been animated in 26 episodes not 27, the second part of EODBD has been animated in 6 episodes not 7.
Old 2008-11-24, 16:37   Link #971
Subzero00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
Tatakau Boy Meets Girl (343p) - 7 episodes
Hashiru One Night Stand (340p) - 4 episodes
Yureru Into The Blue (379p) - 6 episodes
Owaru Day By Day (first part) (202p) - 3 episodes
Owaru Day By Day (second part) (268p) - 7 episodes

The non-animated novel are :

Odoru Very Merry Christmas (362p)
Tsuduku On My Own (288p)
Moeru One Man Force (302p)
Tsudou Make My day (377p)
Semaru Nick Of Time (427p)
+ the (probably) last one

So 6 novels, that should be done in 33 episodes, personaly I think less, fight take a lot of "place" in a novel but can be quite fast in an anime but it's impossible to animate all the novel in 24 episodes.

If they decide to remove DVMC (not really important to the plot) and play around a little with the event after COMO that should be possible.

The last 6 novels may be about the same size as the first 5 but the last 6 are ALOT more serious and alot more happens. That's why i think the last 6 will be about 40 ish
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 17:30   Link #972
DrBobr

This is just all yours suggestions, but "Is there going to be a new FMP series?" and when?
DrBobr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 17:35   Link #973
Langus
Optimus Prime

You'd think that after 49 pages of this thread, SOMEONE would have answered that question already...
Old 2008-11-24, 22:55   Link #974
Garetjx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
You'd think that after 49 pages of this thread, SOMEONE would have answered that question already...
someone needs to be like insanely inquisitive and do a lot of digging and questioning on KyoAni and Gatoh, put some pressure on them and not give up, and find out a definite answer
Garetjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 22:04   Link #975
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero00 View Post
Full metal panic isn't as popular as kyoto animations other projects so i think its a real possibility that they'll end it in one go so they don't have to come back to it
What's more popular? Clannad? God that has to be one of the most overrated series I've ever seen. Don't care if people don't agree with me, I think it's an average-good series but not that great.
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 22:46   Link #976
Devouree
Promoted at last :)

Well, I can still wait because I reckon FMP is an anime worth waiting for...

But can anyone suggest some good anime to watch, comedy is much preferred :P Thanks.
Devouree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 04:18   Link #977
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGO View Post
What's more popular? Clannad? God that has to be one of the most overrated series I've ever seen. Don't care if people don't agree with me, I think it's an average-good series but not that great.
To be more precise it's all the other project done by KyoAni (Air, Kanon, Lucky Star, Haruhi, Clannad) that are more popular than FMP
Old 2008-11-27, 06:03   Link #978
Devouree
Promoted at last :)

Air, Clannad and Kanon were, imo, completely overrated. I've tried to watch all of them, and so far have made it 1 episode into Air, finished the first season of Kanon and a few episodes of Clannad. Alright, so kanon i pretty good, but nothing compared to FMP!!!!!

And Haruhi needs no comment, seeing as it's gonna die sometime soon hopefully. Actually, I watch haruhi and think it's good, but the storyline is dissapointing me now, so meh, more FMP!!!

And isn't lucky star over already, as in 2 years ago or something???? That was a really good series deserving of more seasons!!!!
Devouree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 07:47   Link #979
Frostbitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devouree View Post
And isn't lucky star over already, as in 2 years ago or something???? That was a really good series deserving of more seasons!!!!

Lucky Star aired April 8 – September 16, 2007 and an OVA came out September 26 this year.
Frostbitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 09:18   Link #980
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
To be more precise it's all the other project done by KyoAni (Air, Kanon, Lucky Star, Haruhi, Clannad) that are more popular than FMP
Well Kanon and Air are already finished, and I think Lucky Star is also finished I haven't heard of any new series or OVAs for this. So that leaves the new Haruhi series and clannad is supposed to end early next year. How come they can't make a tiny little space for FMP? .
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
there is a god!