AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-03-08, 06:14   Link #961
Tbolt

From what was said if I remember correct, it was more about if the harem was used in some way to try and influence Sirzechs in some way. So by having no harem he removes that possibility.
Old 2017-03-08, 06:56   Link #962
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
By the way, Noman said that Sirzechs just chose to not have a harem because he wanted to faithful to only Rias, and that Maou not being allowed to have harems is a misconception. But in the LN, Venelana said that Sirzechs has to set an example for the Maou (as his reason for not having a harem). I'm kind of confused. Unless it's really just something that's frowned upon even though it's allowed.

But then, why did Sirzechs suggest becoming a Maou to Ise, when he knows that having a harem is one of his biggest dreams? If it's frowned upon, but Ise wants to do it, why make him a Maou?
Why would Sirzechs want to be faithful to Rias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
From what was said if I remember correct, it was more about if the harem was used in some way to try and influence Sirzechs in some way. So by having no harem he removes that possibility.
Political troubles i presume. More wives = more familial ties, more familial ties = more people using your status for benefit.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-08, 07:29   Link #963
katokateki
Senior Kouhai

I always found this weird - how can a person who is in someone's peerage become a Maou without any questions being asked? Gasper, Ise, that's it I guess. These two. I mean, Rias is their master and they can't disobey her orders. Otherwise they would become stray devils. What if she were to lose her mind one day or something? What if there's a lot of people who oppose this because they don't know Rias very well?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
-Kurt Cobain

katokateki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-08, 12:05   Link #964
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@B214: Thanks for pointing out the typo. Fixed. [darn, so embarrassing.]

Anyway, yeah, I guess it's true that there's less that can be used against him this way, plus nothing to exploit for political gain or whatnot. But that means Ise becoming a Maou would be bad, in a way, right?

@Katokateki: Rias and her peerage members who become Maou can just shut the naysayers up if it comes to that. They should have enough influence.

But was it confirmed that Gasper becomes a Maou? As far as I know, the only thing confirmed is that he's a Super Devil in the future. And Ise is likely one as well.
Old 2017-03-08, 12:20   Link #965
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Well the old rules will go out the window by the time the 7 maou pop up so nothing to worry about.
Sparda4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-08, 12:27   Link #966
DragonOsman
Dragon King

There's no actual rule stating that Maou can't have harems, though. It's sounds like it's more the political trouble it would cause than a rule restriction, if what was said in this thread is true.
Old 2017-03-08, 13:21   Link #967
katokateki
Senior Kouhai

@Osman That Rias mistake sure seems similar to one of mine ones.

And remember how we were talking about Gasper and Ise becoming Maou simultaneously? You were saying they can while I was against it? I never believed Ise becomes Maou but I guess there was proof for Gasper, will check if you don't remember too.

I don't think the Maou have to be that close to the members of their harem as to be influenced by them. Look at Raiser and Diodora Astaroth. It can be limited to just having sex, in DxD verse, at least. It's not necessary to have them as wives, they can be servants too.

Valena may have meant that Sirzechs was setting an example of true love for his underlings, him being a Maou, treating women like they should be and not like servants. Having many wives can never be discouraged in the devil society as the birth-rate is quite low. As long as it's true love, and not master-servant relationship, it can't be a bad example.

-Kurt Cobain

Old 2017-03-08, 16:49   Link #968
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Ise will have strong ties to his harem members, though. So if he becomes a Maou, I guess his ties with his harem members can be used against him politically. But I still think Ise can become a Maou. With there being 7 Maou in total, and with Ise's influence and the backing he's likely to have what with all of the factions he's going to have strong relations with because of who each of his harem members are (he'll have strong ties with the Grigori through Akeno, the Gremory and the part of the Devils' society that supports them through Rias, Heaven through Irina, the Youkai through Kunou, the Vampires through Elmenhilde, Valkyries and the rest of Valhalla through Rossweisse, the Phoenix Clan and their supporters through Ravel, and more) should give him enough influence and political backing to not have to care.

And yeah, Ise isn't the type to treat his harem members as simply tools or sex slaves, nor would he treat his servants as simply just servants. He'll be similar to Rias and Sirzechs in how he treats his servants, and we can already tell that he loves Rias, Akeno and the other girls.

But again, even though there's probably nothing wrong with both Gasper and Ise becoming Maou, politically or otherwise, I don't remember it saying that Gasper becomes a Maou. Ise's situation wasn't confirmed in that regard, either. We just know that there are 6 or so Super Devils in the future, aside from Sirzechs but including Ajuka. Since Vali and Ise are already Super Devil candidates now, at least, and it's likely that the both of them are Super Devils in the future. Gasper is most likely one too. But we don't know, IIRC, if Gasper is a Maou in the future. Same for Ise.

And it's "Venelana".
Old 2017-03-08, 17:14   Link #969
katokateki
Senior Kouhai

Yeah, the fact that Ise and other contenders of the future Maou title aren't like Diodora gives harem a green signal.

Quote:
Kurenai continued his explanation.

"Since this time period, with the exception of Ajuka Beelzebub, all of the Maou have changed."
So, yeah, six Maous not including Sirzechs. Six new Maous.

But yeah, turns out Gasper = Maou was a speculation too.

Quote:
And it's "Venelana".

-Kurt Cobain

Old 2017-03-08, 17:25   Link #970
DragonOsman
Dragon King

There are new Super Devils aside from Ajuka and Sirzechs, too. Gasper is also a Super Devil, and Ise and Vali are at least candidates (and likely will be Super Devils in the future).

But was that all Kurenai said it about it? Where was it said that there are 7 Maou in the future (I'm sure it's somewhere)?
Old 2017-03-08, 17:26   Link #971
katokateki
Senior Kouhai

It was just before that line, dammit, will go back and find it...

EDIT:
Quote:
Kurenai then informed me about it.

"The Maou from our time period——it isn't the Four Great Maou system, but rather the Seven Great Maou system. In addition to Lucifer, Beelzebub, Leviathan, and Asmodeus there's also the newly added Mammon , Belphegor, and Belial."

……So it changed from four names to seven names. The number of suitable representatives had increased. This displayed a significant change in internal administration.

A civil war!? No, if the darkness festering deep inside it were exposed, it would appear that they would be unable to maintain the current administration. ……The future will be full of troubles Sirzechs.

Kurenai continued his explanation.

"Since this time period, with the exception of Ajuka Beelzebub, all of the Maou have changed."
There you go.

-Kurt Cobain

Old 2017-03-08, 17:33   Link #972
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Ah, yeah, thanks. That. And Azazel is thinking the same thing as us. That the fact that the darkness of the current government of the Devils being revealed means it won't last long like this. It'll change. I think having 7 Maou instead of 4 is one of the changes, and that the Maou now have more power than the Great King and/or the Old Devils. With this and also with all the political backing and influence Ise will have, I'm sure he can become a Maou while also being a Harem King without much trouble. He still might not become one if he himself doesn't want to, but Sirzechs did give him that suggestion and he'll at least consider it.
Old 2017-03-08, 17:39   Link #973
katokateki
Senior Kouhai

Yeah, wonder who the Maous are gonna be, though. Vali is inevitable, Gasper leading such an important project in the future and being a super devil makes him a good contender too, Sairaorg has a dream to become one, he should too, that leaves three more.

One could be Sirzechs' kid whose name I shamelessly-Millicas?-forgot. Two more, well, that Militan(right?) could also be a contender for all we know. Bina? I'm not counting Ise because I don't want to. Should we move it in the future plot thread?

-Kurt Cobain

Old 2017-03-08, 17:41   Link #974
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

I think Diehauser Belial and Roygun Belphegor are very likely to become 2 of the Maous in the future.
Old 2017-03-08, 19:01   Link #975
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, since it's confirmed that Belial and Belphegor are now Maou names. Who's Mammon? Do we know any characters from that House? Though I guess if Sairaorg doesn't take one of the other four names, he could take Mammon (if someone from the Mammon House doesn't take the position, that is).

@Katokateki: So you're in denial about Ise becoming a Maou, even if it can happen? Are you sure? What if it happens? Will you still be in denial? [Note that I'm just saying you need to keep an open mind because anything can happen (within reason).]

Sirzechs suggested to Ise that he should become a Maou, so he'll at least consider it. So just keep an open mind for now.

Mil-tan is the "thing" you're thinking about. And yes, Sirzechs' son's name is Millicas (I think it's possible that he's also a Maou in the future, though him not having become one is also possible). Grayfia might become Leviathan, though she'd have to go back to Sirzechs when he returns and I'm not sure if that's possible. If Ise became a Maou, he'd probably take Asmodeus' position (Lust).
Old 2017-03-08, 19:09   Link #976
Tbolt

Well one thing about Ise's harem that is different from other harems not even talking about sex slaves or tools, just normal harems is normal harem members could be pretty much helpless against blackmail etc. Where Ise's harem will just kill anyone who comes up with any kind of blackmail plan.

Koneko why do you have a basket full of heads?
Old 2017-03-08, 19:34   Link #977
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, that's true. Ise's harem would certainly do that. And maybe Ise would, too, since he also cares about his (future) wives a lot.
Old 2017-03-08, 20:42   Link #978
aw454wtr

I remember in EX, Ise is calledon by all the factions for help, if he was a maou he must focus only on matters relating to underworld and not go off helping all other factions to the point he is booked for 200 years in advance. I think ise's might not be maou, but a special position given by all the leaders of all other factions which puts Ise well above mere Maou status
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-09, 00:12   Link #979
katokateki
Senior Kouhai

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw454wtr View Post
I remember in EX, Ise is called on by all the factions for help, if he was a maou he must focus only on matters relating to underworld and not go off helping all other factions to the point he is booked for 200 years in advance. I think ise's might not be maou, but a special position given by all the leaders of all other factions which puts Ise well above mere Maou status
Exactly what I am thinking. Ise deserves a better position than the leader of the devil society considering he is mostly dragon, or even true dragon. His harem has members from all over the world. He should not be limited and biased towards the devil society and he is not.

And yeah, I will be sad if Ise becomes Maou. I'm keeping an open mind but, it's like putting a limit as to how much Ise can achieve.

And yeah, Belial and Belphegor seem likely. And dragging down Ise to all the other(except Ajuka) Maou's level is not good. Neither is putting another Heavenly Dragon in the same position going to make any difference. Vali is enough representation of power and Ise's friends enough representation of kindness and heart.

@Tbolt and osman What blackmail are you guys talking about?

-Kurt Cobain

Old 2017-03-09, 03:03   Link #980
B214

Ise will lead his own Oppai cult in the future.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dxd