AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-11-10, 08:21   Link #921
duburu

i am going to say this now what is 異世界来ちゃったけど帰り道何処?
what does it say when translated and what it about?
duburu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 10:22   Link #922
tonyorobsky

@duburu The people who read narou novels here either know japanes or use GT (or other machine translator). Can't you use GT even just for the title?? That's way too lazy!!! Your punishment will be caried out by SLOTH from Re:Monster.
異世界来ちゃったけど帰り道何処? = (GT) Where way back and have come a different world?
With ruel depiction, growth of a hero with a cheat ability etc and a bit of harem

It's about a guy that was hated by everybody at school except for that popular transfer student girl that became his only friend. She got attacked by jealous guys and our MC saved her, but was stabbed and died shortly after arriving in the hospital. He was then transported to another world, and is looking for a way back so he can fulfill the promise to go to the amusment park with her. Note that shortly after his death, his body disappeared from the hospital (talk about trouble for the hospital nurses and doctors, but hope for the girl who though her beloved friend was gone).
And looks like the one who transported him to the other world has a terrible personnality.
tonyorobsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 12:11   Link #923
Senia

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
But I didn't.
Ah I didn't see that post sorry. On a yandere related note though, do you know any other moderately long series with a similar theme? Closest I've found so far is 異世界迷宮の最深部を目指そう.
Senia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 12:29   Link #924
krane97

There is a novel that i find interesting (sorry for the error english is not my native language )
巻き込まれて異世界転移する奴は、大抵チート http://ncode.syosetu.com/n7747ca/

It's the adventure of a guy who got summoned with 4 of his friend but they will learn that one of them got summoned by error and they can't send him back for now the hero who is a cheat but not as much as is friend will design itself as the error, something will happen and the hero will become overcheat
Spoiler for how the hero is overcheat:
krane97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 15:11   Link #925
NovelReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by duburu View Post
i am going to say this now what is 異世界来ちゃったけど帰り道何処?
what does it say when translated and what it about?
From your previous posts, you already read a little through MT, why are you still asking what is it about? The synopsis is usually enough to check if you want to start reading it or not and there are plenty of spoilers for this novel in the thread already.
NovelReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 15:32   Link #926
jaydreadzz
Love Miku x Rin <3

im still at the village massacre part in Black Maou
for the moment the Half Fairy still the the only one to have shown feelings to the Mc, the Magician just barely introduce
for future references can someone spoil it?, in the latest chapters how many people ( Harem ) that have romantic to the MC?, what race they belong?, personalities? ( exclude the yandere part ), age?, especially their names?

Last edited by jaydreadzz; 2014-11-10 at 15:45.
jaydreadzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 16:08   Link #927
darkdhaos

Found another novel, it has 3 volumes published and a manga on alphapolis with 1 chapter released.

Link

Synopsis:

"THE NEW GATE", an online game that had turned into a death game, was now releasing the tens of thousands of players that had been dragged into it, thanks to the efforts of Shin, one of the oldest players. But after he had defeated the last boss and freed everyone, he was swallowed up by a strange light and found himself inside the game world 500 years in the future.
darkdhaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 16:21   Link #928
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i wonder about how these novels/manga which is a blatant ripoff of establish work gets publish?
Old 2014-11-10, 17:44   Link #929
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i wonder about how these novels/manga which is a blatant ripoff of establish work gets publish?
Because they are just enough different that it has it's own charms.
SAO was hardly the first of it's kind, it was just highly publicised.

Read enough stories and you will see common themes repeated throughout many series, there are pretty much no completely original ideas anymore.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 18:02   Link #930
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanomurakumo View Post
Because they are just enough different that it has it's own charms.
SAO was hardly the first of it's kind, it was just highly publicised.

Read enough stories and you will see common themes repeated throughout many series, there are pretty much no completely original ideas anymore.
there is common theme and then there is ripoff.

trap in a online game - theme
trap in a online death game, then one player kill main boss and free everyone - that is a ripoff
Old 2014-11-10, 20:32   Link #931
tonyorobsky

Quote:

trap in a online death game, then one player kill main boss and free everyone - that is a ripoff
Not at all!!! There is always one hero that save everyone (be it in VR or real life or other world). I guess you don't really know what a ripoff is. There are explanations on the net, you should check 2 or 3 of them carefully.

As for The New Gate, as far as I've read, it doesn't focus too much on adventuring and fighting, there are a lot of things going behind the scenes, it's more serious than other works with VR & trip to game world, it's interesting

As for this 巻き込まれて異世界転移する奴は、大抵チート http://ncode.syosetu.com/n7747ca/ , it's another work with a guy who is no longer OP but downright BROKEN.
I tend to avoid works with broken characters. Seriously, the status you spoiled is ridiculous, too ridiculous for my taste.
Old 2014-11-10, 20:34   Link #932
Kaito Yamakage

Edit: ^ That one sounds interesting to me by the description, as long as they're done well in a light hearted way those types of series can be plenty of fun on their own. I didn't see that one suggested elsewhere so thanks for the link.

Slice of Life comedy making use of broken cheats in a fantasy world kind of gives the feeling of playing an empire builder game in quite a few of them.

Quote:

A lot of people don't mind lots of the same thing they like. Just like some people re-read their favorite series again even if they've already read it, reading a new series that's almost the same is good in a different way.

Like the difference between coke and cherry coke.

29歳独身は異世界で自由に生きた…かった。 started up with chapters again, hopefully the author was just on one of those two month breaks and the chapters start up weekly again now.

Last edited by Kaito Yamakage; 2014-11-10 at 23:11.
Kaito Yamakage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 21:56   Link #933
duburu

oh it that novel i though it was some other novel that you guy talking about. yeah i was too lazy to gt it. sorry about that.
duburu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-11, 16:07   Link #934
nasur05

i read it 'the new gate' its very good at least the first manga chapter.
i must ask is there a translated light novel out there?

and does anyone know anything about RE:zero something the mc dies and can only rewind time by dying. again a link for a translation would be nice. thanks.
nasur05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-11, 22:25   Link #935
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Re:Zero is a good read if you can stomach the protagonist.
Dude is about as annoying as Jar Jar Binks first half of the series.

He does get better, of course. Overcoming deaths and despair tends to harden one.
Old 2014-11-11, 22:45   Link #936
tonyorobsky

A dude as annoying as Jar Jar?? You managed to read it until he got better????? You have a lot of patience!!! You're a nice guy aren't you??

Currently reading "What Hachiotoko, would it not!" 八男って、それはないでしょう!
It looks like the author made his homework. I don't know anything about the nobility of the middle age and close to middle age, but compared to others novels with nobles that I read, it's deeper, more precise. Compared to others stories, you feel that the author has a rather good understanding of what he is talking about. It's refreshing (but sometimes he gives too much explanations and it's kinda annoying)
Old 2014-11-11, 22:51   Link #937
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

^ Yao is one of the more popular series on narou.
I think it lost momentum with the current Empire arc, but in general it's not a bad read.
It seems to me though, the writer is too influenced by the readers feedback, popular characters tend to get too much spotlight, while unpopular characters seems to get the shaft, regardless of how they started out.
Old 2014-11-11, 22:56   Link #938
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
^ Yao is one of the more popular series on narou.
I think it lost momentum with the current Empire arc, but in general it's not a bad read.
It seems to me though, the writer is too influenced by the readers feedback, popular characters tend to get too much spotlight, while unpopular characters seems to get the shaft, regardless of how they started out.
What's Yao about?Is there a summary of it here?
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-11, 23:21   Link #939
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

@yao
Apparently it reads Yatsuo or Hachio. Meh.
I just realized I've never actually seen son count go that high .
(fourth son reads Yon-nan for example, but pattern often changes when you get to higher numbers)

Anyways it's another reincarnation in fantasy story, but protagonist is reborn as the eighth son of a poor nobility in the frontier, away from city life. Just like many stories like it, he grows to become a powerful wizard.
What sets it apart from others is though, protagonist is unwillingly drawn into noble politics and has to deal with their shenanigans in order to increase his own influence.
Old 2014-11-11, 23:39   Link #940
travelingbum

is it really reincarnation.....

IIRC he went to sleep and then found himself in the body of a 6 yr old boy.

at least we didn't get to read if he had died or not at the start
heck for all we know the child could of used powerful magic and summoned him lol
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
web novel