AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2016-08-20, 22:51   Link #9061
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Well, that's probably the best ending we could have hoped for given them pushing Kubo out tbh.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-21, 04:31   Link #9062
csuree
The Most Hated™

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGilga View Post
Short but fully on point. Giving credit to the years of entertainment. And departing on a positive note and not being butthurt about the ending. You have my respect good sir.
Thank you very much for the compliment. If I was butthurt about the ending then i would disrespect the author. he wanted to end it this way, it is totally fine.

Actually this ending was the simplest and to be honest even Rukia ended up with Renji who loved her. If she ended up with Ichigo then Renji and Orihime would have been just cr@pped on. Then i would have had some hatred towards the author. U can't destroy someone's ending if he/she already told somehow that he/she has special feelings for that other party.

If someone is butthurt, I just tell them: draw your own f#cking manga.
Old 2016-08-21, 10:29   Link #9063
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
My favorite manga got both rushed to an ending and its anime missed the final arc. It took over 10 years for the anime to be resumed and finished. Since then, we've gotten two prequel manga, two spin-off manga, a prequel anime, a sequel anime, a spin-off anime, and a CG movie.

So there's some hope for Bleach's future.
I see what you did there
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-21, 20:14   Link #9064
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Guys, do you want to see a pile of salt burning?

Oh Good Lord...*facepalms*

Could've just donated them somewhere and sell them off....it was amusing at first but people are just being ridiculous about the shipipngs now.
Old 2016-08-21, 20:17   Link #9065
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Remember, it's Shounen Jump's fault for rushing Kubo!! He isn't a person that ends it like this (This IS Kubo we are talking about). I think Kubo and the others will try to do something for Bleach in the future. All I can think is that maybe they can do light novels to fill in some of the holes. Spinoff mangas may also help, but they shouldn't too long.

The last chapter BY ITSELF is fine for me. Karin went through massive change and also has some of Kukaku's looks (maybe some of her attitude too). I like the kids's art design and shinigami attire.
I totally forgot about Kukaku until now...

I have to disagree though to a point; SJ did rush and basically kick Kubo out...but let's not pretend that Kubo didn't bring part of SJ's ire on himself either by dragging things out...
Old 2016-08-21, 20:23   Link #9066
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordstarkiller View Post
It does not matter if the Series was not focus on romance( Like 5 pages worth of romantic thoughts) It's human nature to want love and romance.
Eating, Drinking, Seeping, Bathroom and Mating. Those are the things all mammals do.
Even though its fiction we still feel an emotional attachment and feelings for these characters. At the end of a journey you think of being with a lover, maybe having kids and dieing of old age.

But Kubo had even said himself a few years ago that Bleach wasn't really a romance manga.

Also....dude, this is a battle manga. Not Game of Thrones

Quote:
Its true that getting angry and upset about what fake character ended up with whom ever seems silly, at the same time crying when a character dies or cries them self is = as silly but we do it anyway.

The reason people are up set is because in 2 chapters there ship which last for 15 years sank quick.
I admit..I liked IchiRuki and IshiHime myself, but I can also see why Kubo chose the pairings he did. Renji has been in love with Rukia since they were kids; ditto with Orihime.

But sure..you get a little disappointed...but you just move on, not burn all your manga just because your ship didn't get to be canon. Go write fanfiction then if you're that pissed off.

Hey at least the main ships got closure; us UraYoru fans didn't get nuthin'

Quote:
All of this could have mostly been avoided if 3 things happened (1.) If they had the characters come together earlier then people could have had time to prepair. (2.) Kill or get rid of the rival and go with the other one. And (3.) Have a no winner ending, which is a cop out and bad writing if they put even on hint a romance in. Remember the end of being a kid is have lover/kids yourself. 3 is one that I hate because its a no ending.
....Actually, I have to respectfully disagree. Even if this happened and IchiRuki/IshiHime/Ren/whomever wound up being canon, people would still bitch regardless.

Quote:
As for Naruto it was a good ending with the movies and light novels but then boruto came and ruined it, NARUTO BECOMES HOKAGE, THE WORLDS AT PEACE AND HE'S HAPPILY MARRIED WITH KIDS THEN BOOM HE DEAD AT LIKE 40. To hell with that Kishimoto.
Wait, seriously? He dies?

You know, considering Kubo's track record with couples...if he does wind up making a sequel down the road with Kazui and Ichika, Orihime and Rukia are dead women walking....

Quote:
BUt at the end of the day its not Kubo's full fault, its the Shonen Genre that has not learned to evolve half way threw.
Yet One Piece is still going strong with no signs of slowing down...
Old 2016-08-21, 20:29   Link #9067
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Guys, do you want to see a pile of salt burning?

What a waste. Shipping really does bring out the worst in people.
Old 2016-08-21, 20:43   Link #9068
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I totally forgot about Kukaku until now...

I have to disagree though to a point; SJ did rush and basically kick Kubo out...but let's not pretend that Kubo didn't bring part of SJ's ire on himself either by dragging things out...
You're assuming it wasn't SJ's call to drag things out. Honestly, assuming things were dragged out, that's most likely their call to make. After all, for the series to be dragged out in the first place, Kubo must have had a shorter, more compact story in mind, initially.

And "publisher telling author to drag things out" isn't exactly uncommon. Ever heard of Dragon Ball?
Old 2016-08-21, 21:15   Link #9069
Galaxian

Didn't SJ force Kubo to extend the Hueco Mundo/F!Karakura Town arcs? Or was that just a rumor?
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-21, 21:58   Link #9070
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
You're assuming it wasn't SJ's call to drag things out. Honestly, assuming things were dragged out, that's most likely their call to make. After all, for the series to be dragged out in the first place, Kubo must have had a shorter, more compact story in mind, initially.

And "publisher telling author to drag things out" isn't exactly uncommon. Ever heard of Dragon Ball?
This isn't exactly proof, but I get the feeling that after Ywach died, when Shunsui was being rushed along, Kubo was actually being pretty meta. Shunsui said something like "Nobody appreciates my pace." That sounds suspiciously like a jab at SJ by Kubo. They may have told him to extend the HM and FKT arcs, but I doubt they told him to extend the last arc. I think Kubo was just trying to milk it for everything it was worth.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-21, 22:52   Link #9071
Galaxian

Spoiler for More salty overreactions.:
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-22, 03:32   Link #9072
DerGilga
Banned

Spoiler for natural selection at work:
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-22, 09:09   Link #9073
Espadsa

I was curious about the reactions after Bleach ended so i've been looking around in various forums and i wasn't disappointed. These ads of salt products photos definitely take the cake....

2 interesting points:

- somewhere else (can't remember where i saw it) someone posted an interesting explanation of Kazui "defeating" Yhwach: he DIDN'T.
Yhwach told Ichigo that he would go to an happy point in their future and destroy it, and in the last chapter we see him doing so. His power appeared in SS where he have many of his friends and in front of his alone, defenseless child.
We are literally seeing Yhwach's attack WHILE HE IS STILL SPEAKING AND FIGHTING WITH ICHIGO. When Ichigo defeated him his power vanished, it is just for drama that it happens right when Kazui put the hand in....
Personally i think this is the actual canon explanation.

- after all these years i still can't believe the amount of actual IchiRuki fans (this is not targeted to those who said they preferred IchiRuki in this thread, i'm speaking of the concept of the pairing itself)....
I quite literally never considered Rukia a possible "winning girl" for Ichigo for a simple reason: FFS, RUKIA IS A DEAD SPIRIT!!
I know that readers tend to forget details like the Gigais but if they ended together it would mean that Ichigo is literally having sex with an humanlike puppet possessed by a dead spirit! And sorry but that is way too squick....

The only possible way to make it happens would be for Ichigo to die and end up in SS himself, but if anyone told me (before the last arc) that Tite Kubo, Mr. "no-important-good-char-dies-even-if-cut-in-half", would kill the MC in the end i'd have laughed in their face

In the end, despite finishing in such a disappointing way and with many flaws along the road, i want to thank Kubo for creating an awesome story that kept me engaged for a very long time.
I'll probably reread the entire manga one last time before saying my last goodbye to Bleach.

Last edited by Espadsa; 2016-08-22 at 09:56.
Espadsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-22, 09:15   Link #9074
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espadsa View Post
I quite literally never considered Rukia a possible "winning girl" for Ichigo for a simple reason: FFS, RUKIA IS A DEAD SPIRIT!!
I know that readers tend to forget details like the Gigais but if they ended together it would mean that Ichigo is literally having sex with an humanlike puppet possessed by a dead spirit! And sorry but that is way to squick....
Isshin actually was actually a shinigami too you know

Ok ok his mother was quincy but it means that Ichigo is compatible with shinigamis and quincy anyway. And even with hollows I presume
Old 2016-08-22, 09:53   Link #9075
Espadsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
Isshin actually was actually a shinigami too you know

Ok ok his mother was quincy but it means that Ichigo is compatible with shinigamis and quincy anyway. And even with hollows I presume
Just goes to show that Quincy ladies are waaay too kinky for my tastes

so Ichigo is basically the human version of an universal plug?
Espadsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-22, 12:13   Link #9076
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espadsa View Post
- after all these years i still can't believe the amount of actual IchiRuki fans (this is not targeted to those who said they preferred IchiRuki in this thread, i'm speaking of the concept of the pairing itself)....
I know that readers tend to forget details like the Gigais but if they ended together it would mean that Ichigo is literally having sex with an humanlike puppet possessed by a dead spirit! And sorry but that is way too squick....
The problem is less that (Ichigo was conceived by a human and a Shinigami in a Gigai) and more the fact that neither would be willing to give up their lives to be with the other. Rukia wouldn't give up SS or being a soul reaper nor would Ichigo give up being with his family and friends on Earth. Ichigo and Rukia may have the strongest bond of any of the characters but it is never described as being romantic in nature. Quite the opposite in fact, Kubo has almost outright said that they weren't romantically interested in each other years ago.
Old 2016-08-22, 12:17   Link #9077
DMurphy

Man, I'd love to have enough disposable income that I could just set fire to my belongings on a whim.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-22, 14:12   Link #9078
Alchemist007
*Author

You don't actually. You just need to have poor financial decision making.
Old 2016-08-22, 15:21   Link #9079
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
You have revolutionised my life, sir, please excuse me while I buy the entire run of Accel World, some matches, and petrol. I will return shortly.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-23, 00:58   Link #9080
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
took the words out of my mouth, I would've just sold it and got the money to buy something else if I didn't like how something ended. destroying it is just stupid.

The ending wasn't perfect and it could have been used more efficiently or lengthened to answer some plot holes but I still enjoyed it after following Bleach for so long and seeing how Ichigo had finally found a sense of peace in his life.

Tags
bleach, chapter