AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-09-08, 21:05   Link #881
amtro
Distro

Conservatism in Mahouka is 90% attributed to Tatsuya and his narrations. Fact of the matter is that in the past they were more socially conservative, yet are now heading into another age of "social liberation". Tatsuya is a prude, even in the mahoukaverse. I would expect a man with your attention to detail to notice this.
Old 2015-09-08, 22:13   Link #882
Prismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Conservatism in Mahouka is 90% attributed to Tatsuya and his narrations. Fact of the matter is that in the past they were more socially conservative, yet are now heading into another age of "social liberation". Tatsuya is a prude, even in the mahoukaverse. I would expect a man with your attention to detail to notice this.
That is a fair point. I suppose the argument could be made that the more 'prudish and proper' aspects can be attributed to Tatsuya. However, I was not so much griping about the prudishness of the characters as I was that being juxtaposed with the very detailed descriptions of the young women. Although to be fair the problem seemed far more glaring in the earlier novels and it is my understanding that they were more amateur web novels, they do seem to do far less drifting off into random tangents in the later ones.

That being said I have to admit I haven't really gotten the impression that Japan as depicted in Mahouka is moving towards any kind of social liberation.
Prismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-11, 19:40   Link #883
Kotaro kunn

Which side are you on, guys ? ^^
Spoiler:
Kotaro kunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-12, 00:39   Link #884
Blonddude42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotaro kunn View Post
Which side are you on, guys ? ^^
Spoiler:
I'm probably looking too much into this but I feel that the sides should be the other way around.

Captain America would flip out that they "are siblings". Since he's from the forties he's more conservative than the rest.

Tony Stark would understand the convoluted explanation of how they really aren't siblings.

Any one else have an opinion?
Blonddude42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-12, 22:13   Link #885
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonddude42 View Post
I'm probably looking too much into this but I feel that the sides should be the other way around.

Captain America would flip out that they "are siblings". Since he's from the forties he's more conservative than the rest.

Tony Stark would understand the convoluted explanation of how they really aren't siblings.

Any one else have an opinion?
Agree.

Furthermore, the cap likes Mayumi because boths are the type "for common goods".

While Tony Stark and Miyuki are the type that "i am awesome and i have ways"
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 11:54   Link #886
Aika Natsume

Guys, why do i have the feeling that Miya is still alive.
You know, to those who watch code geass, who would have thought about the twist.

Miya's anger to Tatsuya is so genuine i dont know why.
After reading the manga, im still hoping Miya is alive and stir things up like breaking Miyuki and Tatsuya and putting Tatsuya in his right place as a guardian or something like that.

Or Miya vs Maya so Maya wakes up in her deep slumber of wanting world destruction and stuff.

Or Miya being the Yotsuba sponsor?!

Its just that, her death was simply explained for someone like her. Maybe i just need a better view what really happened to her health and stuff.
Aika Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 12:54   Link #887
amtro
Distro

Miya is dead and buried, confirmed and explained at least a dozen times. The sponsor existed over a hundred years ago and has been urging the Yotsuba onwards with questionable motives ever since.
Old 2015-11-07, 07:25   Link #888
Echizen777

Found this on the JP Wiki.

There was a booklet in the BD with ranking for the physical abilities, intelligence and overall magic power of some characters.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-07, 07:36   Link #889
BalorView

Spoiler:
BalorView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-07, 21:54   Link #890
Aika Natsume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Found this on the JP Wiki.

There was a booklet in the BD with ranking for the physical abilities, intelligence and overall magic power of some characters.
Miyuki got an SS in magic abilities together with Maya. Wow.
She is way stronger than Masaki if this book is true, stronger than any clan heads, she could be stronger than the older TMC heads.
Aika Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-07, 22:29   Link #891
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aika Natsume View Post
She is way stronger than Masaki if this book is true, stronger than any clan heads, she could be stronger than the older TMC heads.
Well, Miyuki was genetically modified to be capable of stooping Tatsuya who's innate abilities are probably the most destructive power in the Mahouka world ... so considering that was Yotsuba's goal when they where 'creating' Miyuki, I wouldn't be surprised if her magical abilities would be a lot higher compared to an 'ordinary' Magician at her age...

Last edited by Chris38; 2015-11-07 at 22:40.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-08, 08:04   Link #892
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aika Natsume View Post
I'll go with the book being written with someone who didn't read the novels but watched the anime and extrapolated from there.

It sometime account for specialized/speciality abilities, sometime it doesn't. For example, it grants a S level to Leo for fortification in magical power, but total ignore Erika's speed.

Also, poor Miki. They gave him a C in magical power despite being now said to be among the elite of magicians now.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-08, 09:42   Link #893
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
I'll go with the book being written with someone who didn't read the novels but watched the anime and extrapolated from there.

It sometime account for specialized/speciality abilities, sometime it doesn't. For example, it grants a S level to Leo for fortification in magical power, but total ignore Erika's speed.

Also, poor Miki. They gave him a C in magical power despite being now said to be among the elite of magicians now.
Yes, Magic Power=/= Combat power. MP encompasses everything, combat related or not. About Mikihiko, it's noted that his magic was A at his prime. So now that he recovered it should be his level.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-08, 13:28   Link #894
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
About Mikihiko, it's noted that his magic was A at his prime. So now that he recovered it should be his level.
The Mikihiko A at his prime was added after I read the thing this morning. It was a lonely C when I first looked at it.

Still, the ranking is quite inconsistent. I'm still wondering why they added notes for Leo's, Ono's and Mizuki's special abilities, but ignored others (Tatusya doesn't even have decomp/regrowth listed in a note).

Also, I just realized that Kazama's magical power ranking is a A with a note, the novels mention he is a B-ranked magician.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-09, 18:52   Link #895
BalorView

i just found this

Spoiler:
BalorView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-10, 12:11   Link #896
pyramidekheops

Tatsuya and his potential harem lol !!!
pyramidekheops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-10, 12:12   Link #897
pyramidekheops

Minus Ayako, lina and Erica !!
Old 2015-11-12, 11:14   Link #898
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Plus Mayumi for no reason!!!
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 02:24   Link #899
pyramidekheops

Don't be mean or mayumi fan will kill you ! Lol.
Old 2015-12-01, 13:37   Link #900
IceHism

Seems mahouka is the #2 LN series of this year with 1.07 million sold. It's only beaten by danmachi from what I see. Didn't combine side stories but that might be higher for series like oregairu and sao
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote