AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-06-18, 01:47   Link #881
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Phenex is the third of the series. The RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex.
Old 2015-06-18, 02:06   Link #882
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The Phenex is the third of the series. The RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex.
Yeah I know, I just didn't know what the designation for the alternate Phenex that appears in the short is (after searching around for the info you wanted I think I saw it was called Type RC or something like that)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-18, 02:12   Link #883
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The name in the short, according to the wiki, is the CAMS-RX0 Gundam G-Phenex.
Old 2015-06-18, 03:09   Link #884
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

It transforms!! G-Arcane finally TRANSFORMS on the screen!!!! It’s a miracleeeee!!!!

And G-Self goes Super Saiyan!! What the hell am I watching?!!

But Aida/G-Arcane still has her butt handed to her by Luin in the black Phenex .

But all in all, very cool fights even though it's short.

Anyway, is it just me or there’s some romance-vibe when I see Bellri & Aida’s gundams holding hands and fly into the sunset stars?
Old 2015-06-18, 03:36   Link #885
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It transforms!! G-Arcane finally TRANSFORMS on the screen!!!! It’s a miracleeeee!!!!
Tomino: "wait, it can transform? *staff hands him the G-Arcane gunpla* d'oh!!"

or the entire anime's budget couldn't handle G-Arcane's transformation sequence, its single transforming scene costs 1000 Elf bull, Elf bullock, & Mack Knife's transforming sequences combined?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-25, 13:56   Link #886
Kurohane

How'd I go for so long without knowing about this special!?

Anyway, I liked it. Felt that Luin didn't deserve to be in that mech based off the unicorn though. I hope someone subs this down the road.

Also, Tomino, about showing off Aida to be a skilled pilot? It should have been in the show in the first place!
Old 2015-08-25, 14:28   Link #887
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Aida was never really a bad pilot, she just had the unfortunate problem of trying to pilot the G-Arcane like it was the G-Self.
Old 2015-08-25, 14:33   Link #888
Kurohane

Quote:
Aida was never really a bad pilot, she just had the unfortunate problem of trying to pilot the G-Arcane like it was the G-Self.
Not to mention the constant "stay in the kitchen" pleas from her shipmates.
Old 2015-08-25, 15:15   Link #889
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

For that they had good reason. As the daughter of the guy funding and leading them, they really, really don't need her in danger, especially after getting captured once by the enemy.
Old 2015-08-25, 19:27   Link #890
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

after doing a marathon on this series, i noticed several animation errors, particularly Klim's Montero who apparently had infinite beam javelins after throwing it away or lost it unless its wings were capable of storing spare javelins internally which does not appear that way considering how the wings are designed, not to be confused with errors: Tomino physics involving water balls that are small enough to be carried by a person but can fill an Olympic swimming pool & drown a mobile suit........
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2015-08-25, 19:57   Link #891
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We've seen weirder shit happen in Gundam, and this is 1000 years after UC, in which technology in space had lots of time to advance while technology on Earth stagnated--and the G-Self is a Towasangan creation, so I wouldn't be surprise if the Air and Water Balls have some sort of bullshit space magic compression tech.

What episodes did you notice the Montero inconsistencies on?
Old 2015-09-07, 09:13   Link #892
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

after rewatching Valvrave the Liberator despite the lots of hate thrown on that series (i watched it for the really good mecha designs by the way) i suddenly realized Klim Nick is Haruto Tokishima!!, great i now cannot unsee Haruto as an egotistical jerk ass who will proceed to ram his own father who's also a jerk by the way with a giant spaceship on a busy American/Amerian street as a joke (Haruto seems to have to similar problem with his own dad), i 'm not sure an ego jerk Haruto could have improved & saved that series from all the hate, i 'd like to see the chemistry with L-elf in that version
Old 2015-10-11, 15:33   Link #893
bigdeath

Quote:
We've seen weirder shit happen in Gundam, and this is 1000 years after UC, in which technology in space had lots of time to advance while technology on Earth stagnated--and the G-Self is a Towasangan creation, so I wouldn't be surprise if the Air and Water Balls have some sort of bullshit space magic compression tech.

What episodes did you notice the Montero inconsistencies on?
Since I'm rewatch the series right now. I believe its episode 8 where we see the infamous waterball nonsense being used and the Beam Javelin being thrown, the enemy mech blowing up, and then the beam javelin magically still being wielded by Kilm. I assume he has back up Beam Javlins to use?

This show has great battles but the plot reminds me of an SRW game. Its all over the place with new factions/twists coming out of nowhere. lol
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-04, 09:49   Link #894
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

An interview with Yoshiyuki Tomino explained that the G-Lucifer was equipped with a Moonlight Butterfly system.

-Yoru no G-Reko Kenkyuukai ~Tomino Yoshiyuki-hen~ August 27, 2015, Gundam Channel smartphone app

I KNEW IT!!

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2015-11-04 at 21:12. Reason: Please use the [images] tag or THUMBNAILS for large images.
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-04, 10:39   Link #895
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuoh DeltaPlus View Post
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/gundam/images/4/41/G-lucifer_moonbutterfly.png

An interview with Yoshiyuki Tomino explained that the G-Lucifer was equipped with a Moonlight Butterfly system.

-Yoru no G-Reko Kenkyuukai ~Tomino Yoshiyuki-hen~ August 27, 2015, Gundam Channel smartphone app

I KNEW IT!!
though for sheer irony it doesn't even do much damage compared to G-Self's Perfect pack's FREAKIN' matter deleting Photon Torpedoes!!, to be fair its only a prototype version which may take centuries to improve it until the ones used on the Turn A & Turn X.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2015-11-04 at 21:13.
Old 2015-11-04, 10:49   Link #896
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuoh DeltaPlus View Post
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/gundam/images/4/41/G-lucifer_moonbutterfly.png

I KNEW IT!!
Wait a minute, did I miss something? I do know the Moonlight Butterfly-vibe that G-Lucifer gave off in the show, but I don't expect it to be the actual Moonlight Butterfly system. Where the hell did these guys got the technology for Moonlight Butterfly? Weren't they supposed to get it after they found Turn-X from space and then build Turn-A? Did they already found Turn-X in G-Reco? I'm confused.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2015-11-04 at 21:13.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-04, 10:52   Link #897
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Hasn't it been stated that G-Reco is set AFTER Turn A?

Edit: Found this: https://nekketsunikki.wordpress.com/...-after-turn-a/
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-04, 11:19   Link #898
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post

I knew I missed something (not surprising since I've lost most of my interest in G-Reco near the end).

Thanks for the info .
Old 2015-11-04, 11:21   Link #899
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post

wait, its actually backwards? G-Reco being THE sequel of Turn A? well that explains why the freaking old O'Neil islands space colonies were missing in the first place, being wiped out by the Moonlight Butterfly & a progress after the secondary industrial revolution of Turn A with the present day having more 'modern' technology,

so does that make the G-Lucifer G-IT Laboratory's attempt to replicate what they found on the Turn A & Turn X? but still haven't fully mastered it yet, hence why it wasn't perfect in the first place.
Old 2015-11-04, 12:53   Link #900
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm so confused.