AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 14 Rating
Perfect 10 16 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 26.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 16.07%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.57%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-03-13, 21:18   Link #861
DragonXX

Well most people in world do have conflicting desires but if I was to say the Conflicting desire Touma had in his fight which Kamisato it was most likey the desire to change Kamisato or to let Kamisat rot because Touma was pretty in rage how Kamisato was just trying to not see the Good in Nephthys after her saving Birdway sister.

I believe we will see what a True monster Touma can be, first time someone kill someone Touma care about, highly likey to be WR which how he look at the World and can't just unto everything like a Magic God. There was only two time I remember Touma starting to show the worse in himself the Terriosts from OT 17 and the fake from OT2.

What other old design do you think Kamachi and Haimura would use and change from early drafts?Like Gunha early draft became Kamisato and Misaki early draft became the main enemy of NT11.
I would like to see the early draft of the Star of Bethlehem being use.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 21:57   Link #862
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

You guys are forgetting a key point in all this. It was mentioned that Kakeru's power is a piece of Touma's power splitting off and findin a new host. Back when he was still on board the Star of Bethlehem, he could have used that third power, or whatever it was supposed to be. But he refused to use it at a moment where it could have solved everything in an instant. But he chose not to.

Both of their powers have shown signs of being sentient in some way with Touma's invisible force and Kakeru's power suddenly merging with him out of nowhere.

If I had to guess why Kakeru developed this strange new power so suddenly, then it is probably because the WR deemed Touma as unworthy in some way shape or form, but the Imagine Breaker was different.

Oddly, their philosophy on saving people is a reflection two different perspectives.

Touma saves people from an emotional standpoint, while Kakeru saves people purely from a logical standpoint. If it were up to Touma, he would try to save everyone in the entire world, even if it cost him his own life. While Kakeru would reason that not everyone can be saved, and that sometimes, saving someone is the same thing as putting other lives in danger - which is just as bad as not saving anyone at all.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 22:58   Link #863
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

No, isn't.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 23:27   Link #864
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiken View Post
You guys are forgetting a key point in all this. It was mentioned that Kakeru's power is a piece of Touma's power splitting off and findin a new host. Back when he was still on board the Star of Bethlehem, he could have used that third power, or whatever it was supposed to be. But he refused to use it at a moment where it could have solved everything in an instant. But he chose not to.

Both of their powers have shown signs of being sentient in some way with Touma's invisible force and Kakeru's power suddenly merging with him out of nowhere.

If I had to guess why Kakeru developed this strange new power so suddenly, then it is probably because the WR deemed Touma as unworthy in some way shape or form, but the Imagine Breaker was different.

Oddly, their philosophy on saving people is a reflection two different perspectives.

Touma saves people from an emotional standpoint, while Kakeru saves people purely from a logical standpoint. If it were up to Touma, he would try to save everyone in the entire world, even if it cost him his own life. While Kakeru would reason that not everyone can be saved, and that sometimes, saving someone is the same thing as putting other lives in danger - which is just as bad as not saving anyone at all.
Never once in the light novel did it say that WR is a part of IB I think that was just in Spoiler, what WR is make of is the Hope and dream of Magican that became to huge that IB alone could not hold it anyone and of Magic God worry that IB was lost, that until three day ago the power was found out by Kamisato but that he at least had it or an incompete version of WR from the end of WWIII because he save 100 girl in one month said in the Light Novel so when WWIII ended. This also put more important on the Touma Second Death and the final fight which the Archangel.

The question we need to ask is why did the Magic God believe that Touma was lost at the end of WWIII which there power which can rewirte the World?

We also know there a high chance WR had bet a thing in the past because how else would Laura of know of it if she did not once see it before.
Old 2016-03-14, 07:26   Link #865
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

It was Laura that mentioned it. I don't remember the specifics, but somewhere it stated taht some of the IB's power leaked out and formed WR.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-14, 18:51   Link #866
DragonXX

I have a thoery about where the Magic God are on The Tree of Life, I think they are between 8 sphee and 5 sphee. Also in some tree of life photos there something call the Veil of Nephthys right after sphee 8 and 7. Which was a Magic God in this series. There also Three Pillar of The Tree of Life The Pillar of severity, Pillar of Mercy and Pillar of Mildness or balance, I believe Crowley is Most likey at the 6 sphee and Pillar of Mildness on the Tree. Do to how he is alway said to look both female and male and everything else because the two other Pillars are also call Female part of Human and Male part of Human which Crowley look between the two which is also what The Pillar of Mildness is said to have perfect balance of.

Also if King Arthur is alive in this series I can see him or her being a Major enemy of Touma like Fiamma and Othunis are because unlike the Magic God who force what they believe is happy ending on everyone , King Arthur legend say that Camlot was call a utopia but mankind still destory it, what would that do to a Leader who rule it but mankind still destory it?
Old 2016-03-29, 10:24   Link #867
entei08

I was checking the scans, then I realized at the epilogue where Aleister's back story was explained, there was not a single kanji in the original. I assume it's because Kamachi wanted to make it sound like a children's story or a fairytale?
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-02, 18:13   Link #868
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

This volume was a bit disappointing for me. The talk in the first chapter about the nature of evil and what makes TOuma, TOuma was quite interesting. I really like how Othinus addressed the whole Touma is untrained and unarmed. Emphasizing that Touma's goal isn't to beat up the bad guys, to to extend his hand and save people no matter how far into the darkness they sink.

The whole Nephthys freeloading and every day life harem girls for the Kamisato Faction weren't very interesting and dragged on to long.

The whole Birdway sisters needing to be saved wasn't interesting on its own, and had a too convenient ending, but it interesting to see the difference between Kamisato, and Touma in how they wanted ot handle the situation.

I was a little skeptic of Kamisato when he was introduced last volume, but I am warming up to him after reading this one. He is an interesting question, and helps fuel my question of what would happen if Touma cursed his power/existence and the world who rejected him. Of course, Kamisato's hatred is directly mostly at the Magic Gods, but seeing his character and motivation is interesting. The rules surrounding his World Rejector were also more thought out then I orignally thought. Using his arm's shadow to pick the area of effect never occurred to me.

That final clash something. Imagine Breaker lost to World Rejector, but the being sealed inside Imagine Breaker beat World Rejector. Poor Noukan, we were just starting to learn about his. I liked his personality. At least he isn't dead yet, technically.

Kiharu Yuiitsu steps up to the plate, what kind of romance will she bring?

Tags
birdway, kamisato kakeru