AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

View Poll Results: Railgun Manga - Dream Ranker Arc Rating
Perfect 10 1 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 28.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 14.29%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-03-27, 08:36   Link #861
Marina2

Rakko now can appear in a future volume of novel as a friend or an enemy for Hamazura/ITEM.
Old 2016-03-27, 23:09   Link #862
alex_drian

Ohh shit, I wanted to see a fight of Mikoto vs Normal Kakine for whatever reason. We didn't get to see fight Normal Kakine more that once. Or Saten knowing the Frenda death like the Kanou situation.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 17:04   Link #863
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Just gonna copy what I said elsewhere on 83.5.

Keep making that event even more depressing, why don't you, Kamachi. First you have OT15, then NT12, now this. The worst part is Saten won't ever find out what happened to her...

That being said, a bit disappointed that they skipped the Battle Royale Arc but I guess that's fine. I do wonder where the Dream Ranker Arc is going if they skipped that though.

Though I do wonder how Rakkou got herself killed considering that Frenda failed to kill her thanks to Youbo's intervention...
Old 2016-04-10, 19:45   Link #864
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Just gonna copy what I said elsewhere on 83.5.

Keep making that event even more depressing, why don't you, Kamachi. First you have OT15, then NT12, now this. The worst part is Saten won't ever find out what happened to her...

That being said, a bit disappointed that they skipped the Battle Royale Arc but I guess that's fine. I do wonder where the Dream Ranker Arc is going if they skipped that though.

Though I do wonder how Rakkou got herself killed considering that Frenda failed to kill her thanks to Youbo's intervention...
Have you read chapter 83.5, I don't she die just was replace by one of there spare and most likey be an enemy again later on in the Dream Ranker arc.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 03:25   Link #865
SibylEnd
Fighting Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
Have you read chapter 83.5, I don't she die just was replace by one of there spare and most likely be an enemy again later on in the Dream Ranker arc.
most likely just another loose-end that comes with railgun arcs not resolving character arcs. Rakko is pretty sub sequential as it is towards anything set up in this dream ranker arcs(then again everything since daihahesai ended has been insubsequential); she's just a filler villain as far as i'm concerned, granted you could shoehorn in a small tragic backstory as they did with Mitori but i'm fairly certain she's only here to have something eventful happen over the course of all these small arcs.

Also it seems like the goggles boy saved Rakko using his pretty neat esper power, if he's that powerful I find it ridiculous to think he was taken out so easily(goggles boy will always be goggles boy to me, also he doesn't get rakko into his harem because measure heart was trolling him or something? lol). maybe they'll have Rakko hate Mugino or something for killing her hero as well as Frenda(who she said she respected) only to get bodied by Mugino with her new meltdowner arm.
ranting: or I dunno, I just think Mugino is under utilised and like Rakko was just mean't to have their respective arcs become more eventful... and they are also physically scarred sadists who were both defeated by level zeroes and hold a grudge against said level zero. Kamachi sure does like his parallels... Frenda versus Rakko might as well have been Hamazura versus Mugino at this point. Rakko even had the beams coming from her hand. where am I even going with this?
SibylEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 19:52   Link #866
DragonXX

Chapter 84 is up and it doesn't seen like it been a week from when Mikoto get the cards so maybe Chapter 83.5 was there for Saten ending but we are going back a week to see Mikoto story so just maybe we will get the scenes from OT14 and OT16 in the Railgun manga.

Also is it just me or is Misaki trying to make herself the second Heroine of Railgun like Accel is the second hero to Touma in Index.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-12, 05:12   Link #867
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Dream Ranker Arc character designs were posted on Haimura's website:

Images
Miyama Shaei
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Yumiya Rakko 1
Images
Yumiya Rakko 2

Looks like Yumiya will be back later.
Old 2016-04-12, 06:14   Link #868
LazyHunter

So it looks like Kakine was right about AC's regenerative medicine being able to fix Rakko's nose and jaw. But somehow she couldn't get an artificial eye. Or maybe Kamachi just wanted another eyepatch girl in the series, it wouldn't surprise me.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-12, 06:31   Link #869
LevelSeven

how strong was mugino injured again? the missing limb is one thing but her face should have been save-able right?
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-12, 06:49   Link #870
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
how strong was mugino injured again? the missing limb is one thing but her face should have been save-able right?
Yes, it was. She lost her right eye and left arm (plus the bullet wounds from Shiage) and she survived and replaced the missing body parts with prosthetics. Seria had a replacement eye prepared for her, and we know cyborg/prosthetic eyes are a thing, so it seems weird Rakko didn't get one. Maybe she couldn't get one because she couldn't afford one after the surgery to heal her face, after all she's a Level 0 unlike Mugino, and Seria is the right hand of one of the Directors.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-12, 07:47   Link #871
SibylEnd
Fighting Dreamer

Mugino's recovery effort was very different from Rakko's; I believe she used an experimental medical technology called Dark Legacy to help with the tissue and organs. I'd imagine since most of Rakko's medical treatment appears to only be cosmetic treatment rather than functional repair of main utilities(similar to the treatment Himegami got from Heaven Canceler).

In regards to the eyeball thing; Mugino's eyeball is indeed bionic but there was no indication that Muginos optic nerve was severely damaged if you take into account how the eye got damaged. With that in mind it would be easy to repair Muginos eye if the optic nerve is fine; by either having the eye repair itself (depends how sever the eye is damaged but it takes a lot to damage an eyeball beyond natural repair) or by transplanting a new one in. although she probably didn't want a transplant because the eye likely wouldn't fit her skull properly, so she got an artificial one that fit.

then again AC Biological technology is pretty ridiculous if you remember the crazy stuff Byouri Kihara could do. never mind AC cyborg tech actually existing. but if dark legacy couldn't repair Mugino's minor eye damage I'd imagine Rakko's eye was well beyond repair; considering repair to her skull would have been a priority. that or she just has some crazy tech under her eye-patch(lol; the concept art you linked to has annotations about giving Mugino a laser eye, Rakko Beam Confirmed)

also I just thought of this
Spoiler for novel content:
SibylEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 02:43   Link #872
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Guys, just wanna ask something.

When I was translating the documentary on Rakko at Kamachi's blog, he used the word "komyu-byou" (コミュ病) to describe her. Does anyone know what it means?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 11:58   Link #873
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Dream Ranker Arc character designs were posted on Haimura's website:

Images
Miyama Shaei
Images
Yumiya Rakko 1
Images
Yumiya Rakko 2

Looks like Yumiya will be back later.
Translation of the Yumiya Rakko character designs by Stiyl Magnus from 4chan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiyl Magnus
>Sunako-san @
>Concept / (Academy) City (something I can't read) = "A design that can blend in with the mob characters as a student"

>"Weapon hidden in an instrument case" is a given. In terms of image, Enoshima Junko from Danganronpa may come to mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiyl Magnus
>Sunako-san (3) *With supplementary info
Sunako is probly from the Jpn romanization of sniper (sunaipaa)

LEFT
>They look like tights, but it's actually a bodysuit made of opaque material. A full-body model that covers up to her neck. Similar to a diver's suit or wetsuit.
>Close-up of her sleeve

RIGHT
>About her hairstyle.
>Fluffy-but-ruffled twintails, like Asuka from Eva.
>Might help to imagine it as the ears of a long-haired dog.

>About her holster.
>Details on the corset. Double zipper on front and back. The case closes with two buttons.
>Part of her suspenders. Adjustment parts only on front.
Old 2016-04-15, 15:00   Link #874
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
When I was translating the documentary on Rakko at Kamachi's blog, he used the word "komyu-byou" (コミュ病) to describe her. Does anyone know what it means?
I think that may be short hand for コミュニケーション障害 which is a communication / social disorder. Really just a guess based on what we've seen of her character though.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 22:36   Link #875
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Mikoto makes a Yotsuba face this chapter...

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-19, 08:36   Link #876
Sixth
Hu Tao

I think this manga title should rename to " Espers of Academy City" because the series seem focusing on all esper side and it was fun to read.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-22, 20:34   Link #877
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
I think this manga title should rename to " Espers of Academy City" because the series seem focusing on all esper side and it was fun to read.
To aru Kagaku is enough and understandable
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-23, 15:47   Link #878
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Toaru Kagaku, no Railgun.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 07:39   Link #879
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The girl in Mikoto's dreams is named Ryouko Kuriba (繰歯涼子).
Also, Mikoto gets another THWACK! from Misaki.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 14:44   Link #880
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Yeah, Misaki talks about plot and Mikoto is only focused on PLOT so she gets smacked.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote