AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2021-05-08, 21:20   Link #8541
AndrewR5D4

I hate when people try to cram too much source material into a movie.

They said something about the next volume coming out this spring, but so far we haven't even gotten a single word about it. I really wanna see that storyline we've been promised since Clementine's death AGES ago. We never even found out what happened to her corpse after it disappeared from the kingdom's custody.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-09, 22:38   Link #8542
Fufufu
Doffy

In regards season 4 I have mixed feelings about the new season after the third one and the horrible Cgi.
Fufufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-05, 20:06   Link #8543
Gerard07

I know it is repetitive but I will still ask;have there been any news about the next volume?
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-05, 10:16   Link #8544
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
I know it is repetitive but I will still ask;have there been any news about the next volume?
Nope... Anyone have any other questions?
Old 2021-08-09, 04:09   Link #8545
Fufufu
Doffy

Is Madhouse doing season 4?
Old 2021-08-13, 16:56   Link #8546
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fufufu View Post
Is Madhouse doing season 4?
Yes, but from your earlier post, I assume this is not good news for you.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the Holy Kingdom Arc. It's two major characters suck. We have Remedios who is an idealistic moron who is incredibly prejudiced towards anyone who isn't human; and Neia who becomes a warped Ainz worshipper and gains the ability to brainwash others to join her cult... Basically two characters who are annoying in their own way.
Old 2021-08-14, 13:04   Link #8547
Fufufu
Doffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
Yes, but from your earlier post, I assume this is not good news for you.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the Holy Kingdom Arc. It's two major characters suck. We have Remedios who is an idealistic moron who is incredibly prejudiced towards anyone who isn't human; and Neia who becomes a warped Ainz worshipper and gains the ability to brainwash others to join her cult... Basically two characters who are annoying in their own way.
I mean they went cheap on season 3 especially with the last episode a 10 meters summon was skyscrapers which was ridiculous and silly looking.
Old 2021-08-17, 23:34   Link #8548
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
I mean they went cheap on season 3 especially with the last episode a 10 meters summon was skyscrapers which was ridiculous and silly looking.
It was most likely an artistic choice to make the situation seem more horrifying. A few troll-sized summons wouldn't be nearly as intimidating as the much larger creatures shown in the anime.

I mean the Basilisk in the Harry Potter Books was roughly the size of a boa constrictor, but in the movie they made it into a behemoth the size of an eighteen-wheeler.
Old 2021-08-18, 02:18   Link #8549
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
It was most likely an artistic choice to make the situation seem more horrifying. A few troll-sized summons wouldn't be nearly as intimidating as the much larger creatures shown in the anime.

I mean the Basilisk in the Harry Potter Books was roughly the size of a boa constrictor, but in the movie they made it into a behemoth the size of an eighteen-wheeler.
Perhaps, but if the evil goats were properly animated, they were be far scarier than what was shown. Cost was the real reason for this animation decision because the amount of work to make those five monsters, even smaller and 2D animate them as they stampeded over 2D soldiers and used their whips to rip the humans apart would have been more time and money than what they did.
Snowbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-21, 05:21   Link #8550
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbold View Post
Perhaps, but if the evil goats were properly animated, they were be far scarier than what was shown. Cost was the real reason for this animation decision because the amount of work to make those five monsters, even smaller and 2D animate them as they stampeded over 2D soldiers and used their whips to rip the humans apart would have been more time and money than what they did.
Budget is an unfortunate limitation that kills a lot of good anime. I often read light novels if I like a series, so there's no missing out on story or content.

Last edited by AndrewR5D4; 2021-08-21 at 05:32.
Old 2021-10-26, 12:48   Link #8551
Fufufu
Doffy

One punch man season 1 was the usual budget and it did wonders.
Old 2021-10-26, 17:47   Link #8552
Snowbold

Quote:
One punch man season 1 was the usual budget and it did wonders.
Yeah and look what they did to Season 2...
Old 2021-10-27, 08:16   Link #8553
Fufufu
Doffy

Quote:
Yeah and look what they did to Season 2...
It wasn't madhouse.
Old 2021-10-28, 09:51   Link #8554
AndrewR5D4

Off topic... Though, it's not like the next volume's likely to come out anytime soon.
Old 2021-12-18, 01:51   Link #8555
Fufufu
Doffy

They should take the chance when announcing the teaser give us a cover or news regarding vol.15 what a pity.
Old 2021-12-18, 03:37   Link #8556
Snowbold

Well, there are only 3 volumes left since he is ending early. That is a lot to figure out how to fit where. There are the Elves, the Theocracy and several other open ends.
Old 2021-12-18, 07:22   Link #8557
Fufufu
Doffy

Wasn't 20th volume planned to be the final volume? Source for saying 3 volumes left.
Old 2021-12-19, 01:55   Link #8558
Snowbold

Quote:
Wasn't 20th volume planned to be the final volume? Source for saying 3 volumes left.
I remember at AX he said at least 20 volumes, however after the last volume he said he would finish at 17. From what I understand, some of it has to do with the pirating and fan translations in the West.
Old 2021-12-22, 20:30   Link #8559
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
I remember at AX he said at least 20 volumes, however after the last volume he said he would finish at 17. From what I understand, some of it has to do with the pirating and fan translations in the West.
No offense to him, but that's a severe overreaction. Any sufficiently popular series receives that treatment on the internet. If every author was so disgusted by the inevitable effects of the digital age, I shudder to imagine the affects it would have on countless media franchises.
Old 2021-12-22, 22:05   Link #8560
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Honestly, I never bought that. The reality is that the series was reaching it's natural half-life. Ainz has been escalating his murders all series long and he just got done purging millions of people. How can you top that without it losing all emotional heft?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination