AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-07-13, 00:54   Link #821
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
i read somewhere that some one said that mikoto accepts the fact that touma can't return her love for him? i read the light novels but i don't remember a scene like that in the novels.
It's the scene where she says that she'll accept that she just has to support him like a good woman. The person probably misinterpreted it? ... She says that she won't insist anymore. She'll resign herself to being a good woman and taking care of him from behind and relying on him. I felt mixed about that. I'd prefer seeing her active I think than submissive... She's a tsundere, it doesn't really even fit her personality... even though technically as TV tropes says: Tsundere type A are Tsundere first and then soft later on... but... here it just feels kind of weird.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 09:41   Link #822
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
It's the scene where she says that she'll accept that she just has to support him like a good woman. The person probably misinterpreted it? ... She says that she won't insist anymore. She'll resign herself to being a good woman and taking care of him from behind and relying on him. I felt mixed about that. I'd prefer seeing her active I think than submissive... She's a tsundere, it doesn't really even fit her personality... even though technically as TV tropes says: Tsundere type A are Tsundere first and then soft later on... but... here it just feels kind of weird.
I think you're taking that quote too far. She just said that she would be supportive, instead of trying to hold him back like she has occasionally in the series. It's just some character growth.

She never said anything about being submissive.
Old 2013-07-13, 11:14   Link #823
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
I think you're taking that quote too far. She just said that she would be supportive, instead of trying to hold him back like she has occasionally in the series. It's just some character growth.
One growth that was thrown in the trash can in NT7's first chapter
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 12:06   Link #824
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
One growth that was thrown in the trash can in NT7's first chapter
Not really... she was planning on supporting him she just wanted to know what was going on. He assumed she was trying to kill him and therefore ran away.
Old 2013-07-13, 19:32   Link #825
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Rather mikoto wanted an explanation, Touma thought he was under a limit. So he couldn't spare the time to explain.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 19:39   Link #826
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If anything I thought Mikoto is too dere when it comes to Kamijou now, she's losing her edge.

I have to look to Fukiyose to get my tsundere kicks.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 19:44   Link #827
Birdway
Banned

Too bad that cover was a goddamn fake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Not really... she was planning on supporting him she just wanted to know what was going on. He assumed she was trying to kill him and therefore ran away.
Can you blame him after she shocked him while injured? The guy must be afraid of her since long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
If anything I thought Mikoto is too dere when it comes to Kamijou now, she's losing her edge.

I have to look to Fukiyose to get my tsundere kicks.
Losing it? Where?

She shocked him on NT6 and make him fall when he was running on the roofs on NT7 and wanted to use force to make him tell whats going on :P.

IMO, seeing her dere dere towards Touma is a rarity, and him noticing her instead of ignoring or dumping her as usual, now that would be new but will be as odd as Durarara getting a new season(actually I think the latter has more chances of happening than the former).

Arghhh. I want to read about the Delta Force starting with Aogami, what happened with that guy after he got arrested? What about Tsuchimikado?

I hope the next novel tells us what he is doing, where did he go after he fell from the bridge.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 19:55   Link #828
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

See, people think thats what the tsun part is all about, but they're wrong. The best tsun parts are scenes like the initial phase of the Railgun manga or the fake date arc. All of that changed after Aqua. In NT3 she blushes way too easily and is never at ease around him.

Compare Fukiyose's tsun with Mikoto's and you'll see the difference.
Old 2013-07-13, 19:57   Link #829
Rovert10

That I can't even tell that Fukiyose is going tsun?
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 20:01   Link #830
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
See, people think thats what the tsun part is all about, but they're wrong. The best tsun parts are scenes like the initial phase of the Railgun manga or the fake date arc. All of that changed after Aqua. In NT3 she blushes way too easily and is never at ease around him.

Ahem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
That I can't even tell that Fukiyose is going tsun?
This.

Or do you, Chaos, think Fukiyose fell for him and we didn't notice yet?
Old 2013-07-13, 20:06   Link #831
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sigh, let me teach you something good- being a tsundere is not restrictly a romantic behavior
Old 2013-07-13, 20:10   Link #832
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Sigh, let me teach you something good- being a tsundere is not restrictly a romantic behavior
Tell that to the internetz. Just by a quick look on TV Tropes, wikipedia, etc all of that implies romantic feelings or a close friend relationship. And Fukiyose doesn't belong to that not the former or the latter.
Old 2013-07-13, 20:21   Link #833
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Tell that to the internetz. Just by a quick look on TV Tropes, wikipedia, etc all of that implies romantic feelings or a close friend relationship. And Fukiyose doesn't belong to that not the former or the latter.
Ha-ha-ha! And this is the difference between our power levels !

The fact that you think they don't have a close relationship is proof of how an effective tsundere relationship is done, right down to Fukiyose's own monologue about how indifferent she is to him- neither like nor hate. But yet between her actions of always picking on him, directly approaching him to talk, playing mock baseball, and even stirring eggs for him hints at a comfortable relationship. Heck, she even understands him enough to prepare money in a sealed water-proof bag.

Another thing I want to bring up is that you have to remember why Mikoto was such a good tsundere in the first place- Just like Hinagiku, the secret to making an excellent tsundere is that they aren't always a tsundere. Despite their antagonistic relationship, Mikoto is completely capable of having normal conversations with him.

Tsun is not just about anger it's also about indifference, and Mikoto these days is just too easily swayed into overdrive.
Old 2013-07-13, 20:27   Link #834
Goldzero

Quote:

wasn't the reason why it changed because she realized she was in love with him in the aqua arc?
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 20:35   Link #835
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
wasn't the reason why it changed because she realized she was in love with him in the aqua arc?
Yup, but once that happens she becomes way too conscious around him and rarely relaxes. It can't be helped because love does that to people, but it certain makes her lose some of her charm.
Old 2013-07-13, 20:40   Link #836
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Ha-ha-ha! And this is the difference between our power levels !

The fact that you think they don't have a close relationship is proof of how an effective tsundere relationship is done, right down to Fukiyose's own monologue about how indifferent she is to him- neither like nor hate. But yet between her actions of always picking on him, directly approaching him to talk, playing mock baseball, and even stirring eggs for him hints at a comfortable relationship. Heck, she even understands him enough to prepare money in a sealed water-proof bag.

Another thing I want to bring up is that you have to remember why Mikoto was such a good tsundere in the first place- Just like Hinagiku, the secret to making an excellent tsundere is that they aren't always a tsundere. Despite their antagonistic relationship, Mikoto is completely capable of having normal conversations with him.

Tsun is not just about anger it's also about indifference, and Mikoto these days is just too easily swayed into overdrive.

0. Eh?

1. If the author did it well with Fukiyose, wouldn't that mean he is doing it wrong with Misaka on purpose? Mmm... you have a point there.

2. Hinagiku? I think the comparison is a bit mean, Hina is a tsundere, but a well balanced one or a different type, he lectures Hayate more than trying to attack him be it with words or physical.

3. The author doesn't wants to change the character at all . Kaiki would call her a dull girl

Last edited by Birdway; 2013-07-13 at 20:56.
Old 2013-07-13, 20:46   Link #837
Goldzero

Quote:
Yup, but once that happens she becomes way too conscious around him and rarely relaxes. It can't be helped because love does that to people, but it certain makes her lose some of her charm.
i actually liking it to be honest because it leaves more room for plot in index and less romance. though once and a while would be nice which the author has been doing, you gotta keep the fanbase happy you know. having no more romance scene between touma and mikoto well rage quite a few.
Old 2013-07-13, 20:49   Link #838
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
0. Eh?
Between you and me, there is an impassable wall

Quote:
1. If the author did it well with Fukiyose, wouldn't that mean he is doing it wrong with Misaka on purpose? Mmm... you have a point there.
No, because there's more than one tech tree for a good tsundere, especially if you consider their role in the raid party.

Mikoto was meant to be a love interest right from the get-go from Fukiyose is one of those "Does she, does she not?" characters. So they're spec differently.

Quote:
2. Hinagiku? I think the comparison is a bit mean, Hina is a tsundere, but a well balanced one or a different type, he lectures Hayate more than trying to attack him be it with words or physical.
They're more alike than you think both are strong, amazing female characters that are well respected by their fellow students and have a liking for cute things that they don't want people to find out about. They're both also confused by their feelings for the protagonist and both have a hard time expressing themselves to him

Also, they're both head and shoulders above any competition in popularity
Old 2013-07-13, 21:00   Link #839
Birdway
Banned

0. -.-;

1. Well, I like Fukiyose, hope she gets more development and not some flash parts like the Cultural Festival... that felt too short. Touma didn't return to the school afterall, what happened later? Did he got punished with a headbutt? A boob-slap? A falcon punch? A Quadra Slam?

2. Agree, even if she doesn't ends attracting Touma or ends rejected she still will be friend with him with no grudges.

3. Not in my book, though or else I would like both the same...I find Hina to have more dere with Hayate interacting with her, they make a good comical couple and at least she has some luck with Hayate noticing her, Misaka on the other hand seems to be stuck the friendzone syndrome and after Vol.5 her interactions with Touma aren't that comical, perhaps too repetitive?

You know:

Mmisunderstading > chases Touma > gets angry at him when a girl is with him >> repeat again
Old 2013-07-13, 21:01   Link #840
Goldzero

Quote:
I find Hina to have more dere with Hayate interacting with her, at least she has some luck with Hayate noticing her, Misaka on the other hand seems to be stuck the friendzone syndrome.
yeah i hardly doubt touma well fall for her.