AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-11, 00:50   Link #61
kyosak
poo

If that's the drawing from the anime it's looking pretty damn faithful to the original. Nice!
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 02:22   Link #62
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
It will be a OVA planned for February 2011, according to MyAnimeList.
You have an actual link to that info? Sounds a little odd to me.

And Imageshack is either hiccuping on this file or is fritzing, because it won't upload a cliky-thumbnail or even the full size of the image. (I tried Xs, but it says it's a corrupt or empty file when I try to upload it there, even though it works fine on my harddrive) Anyway, it's still a little bigger than the previous one.

[img=http://imageshack.us/thumbnmail.png]
Old 2010-05-13, 13:36   Link #63
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
It will be a OVA planned for February 2011, according to MyAnimeList.
They did announce that there will be an OAD released with the manga in February, but that isn't to imply that it's only a single OVA episode. More details should be announced pretty soon.
Old 2010-05-31, 19:51   Link #64
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
They did announce that there will be an OAD released with the manga in February, but that isn't to imply that it's only a single OVA episode. More details should be announced pretty soon.
Have there bin any new news on wether this will be an OVA or series?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 23:43   Link #65
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I would actually hope for a darker, non-RosarioXVampire angle for Erika, based on some of the CG's I've seen of the game (Erika with blood dripping from her mouth is...appropriately creepy).

I dunno. I do watch VN-based anime, but generally either because I was a fan of the game to begin with (so you can imagine my rage at Cabbage Love Anime)), or else they do something different enough that it stands out. I'm hoping FortArt is the latter.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 04:51   Link #66
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Whatever else it might be, FA is certainly no Rosario in terms of presentation, so you shouldn't have to worry abut this being an elopement of fanservice and monster comedy. What it is, is romance and drama, with supernatural elements, a comedy it is not (Though plenty of the character antics can be quite funny on their own).
Old 2010-06-02, 06:27   Link #67
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Fewer eroge now adapted into anime, to protect the health of minors?
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 01:57   Link #68
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Fewer eroge now adapted into anime, to protect the health of minors?
Based on the other sorts of properties that are getting adapted these days, I'm quite sure the "health of minors" has nothing to do with it. Eroge-based anime are actually generally tame in comparison to some of what else is out there...

All markets are cyclical -- eroge-based anime were a trend for a while, but the market couldn't support as many as they were churning out, so they switched focus more towards light novel and 4-koma adaptations. It looks like they may be finding a reasonable balance nowadays.
Old 2010-07-10, 17:47   Link #69
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

So it looks like Fortune Arterial is coming this Fall (YES!), but I saw something interesting on the TV series homepage page; what is this about the Playstation 3 they're talking about? Are they saying something about a PS3 adaptation of the game?!

EDIT: Well that was simple....

I checked the Fortune Arterial game's webpage (the original PC version), and it confirms there's a PS3 adaptation in the works, and according to the link above, set for a Fall release.

Very interesting. We may be looking at the shift of VN non-ero adaptations fromt he PS2 to the PS3. Of course, it may just be a special case, as August is a bit more famous and generally higher budget than many VN producers.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2010-07-10 at 18:03.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 19:08   Link #70
kyosak
poo

Hmm I wonder how they plan on shifting the game to a 16:9 format...
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 01:37   Link #71
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Very interesting. We may be looking at the shift of VN non-ero adaptations fromt he PS2 to the PS3. Of course, it may just be a special case, as August is a bit more famous and generally higher budget than many VN producers.
Would it cost that much more to make a PS3 game than a PS2 game? And considering that PS3 has been around for years, I think that a PS3 version would generate more revenue to offset any extra production costs. Why hasn't PS2 died yet
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 01:57   Link #72
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Would it cost that much more to make a PS3 game than a PS2 game? And considering that PS3 has been around for years, I think that a PS3 version would generate more revenue to offset any extra production costs. Why hasn't PS2 died yet
It would certainly cost more to make something in HD than in SD, sure. Movies are one thing, but when they make a game, they have a lot of work to make that into HD, and a lot of the time in the end, they probably think it's just not worth it to make VNs on BDs since VNs aren't memory-intensive games like shooters or RPGs and often fit perfectly fine on a DVD. Obviously minori thought so, since they're non-ero adaptation of ef A Fairy tale of the Two went to the PS2 instead of the PS3, and minori isn't a second-rate company either.
Old 2010-07-11, 05:01   Link #73
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
It would certainly cost more to make something in HD than in SD, sure. Movies are one thing, but when they make a game, they have a lot of work to make that into HD, and a lot of the time in the end, they probably think it's just not worth it to make VNs on BDs since VNs aren't memory-intensive games like shooters or RPGs and often fit perfectly fine on a DVD. Obviously minori thought so, since they're non-ero adaptation of ef A Fairy tale of the Two went to the PS2 instead of the PS3, and minori isn't a second-rate company either.
I'm just thinking that visual novel companies, and other third party game makers as well, could get with the times a bit more. But companies like Minori aren't in that realm of gaming, so hey.
Old 2010-07-11, 23:10   Link #74
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I'm thinking the PS3 isn't a huge hit in Japan (for maybe this genre of gamers) and unless it needs the system for the graphic quality PS2 is just fine since everyone has one.

Did someone mention some of the cabbage staff are i this 0_0
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 00:26   Link #75
TJR

PS2 is at death's door, barely hanging on.

The vast majority of eroge are ported to the Xbox 360 and PSP these days. In terms of notable players:

5pb = Xbox 360 (major releases) and PSP (shovelware)
Prototype = Xbox360 + PSP, one PS2 port last year (Little Busters)
GN Software = virtually all PSP, one PS2 port last year (Canvas 3)
Kadokawa Shoten = 7 PSP games released recently, 2 PS2 games last year, Fortune Arterial PS3 slated for release
Yeti Software = all PSP starting this year
Princess Soft = brand defunct or on hiatus with the demise of the PS2

A big exception is Aquaplus, who selected the PS3 from the start. I think it may have been 5pb or Prototype who said this, but the cost of a PS3 port is significantly higher than even a Xbox360 release (which is still pretty rare with PSP being the general favorite).

Quote:
Obviously minori thought so, since they're non-ero adaptation of ef A Fairy tale of the Two went to the PS2 instead of the PS3, and minori isn't a second-rate company either.
Bad example. minori doesn't make or finance/publish ports themselves, so the console selection had nothing to do with them. They just licensed the game to a third-rate publisher (COMFORT) who just started releasing badly ported ported PS2 games this year. Princess Lover and ef were the first releases.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 01:07   Link #76
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
I'm thinking the PS3 isn't a huge hit in Japan (for maybe this genre of gamers) and unless it needs the system for the graphic quality PS2 is just fine since everyone has one.
Maybe if they're still selling brand new slim PS2s in Japan too. But I thought they were ahead of us, guess not.
Old 2010-07-12, 01:38   Link #77
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
Bad example. minori doesn't make or finance/publish ports themselves, so the console selection had nothing to do with them. They just licensed the game to a third-rate publisher (COMFORT) who just started releasing badly ported ported PS2 games this year. Princess Lover and ef were the first releases.
I think you're mistaking my point. I'm not saying the PS2 is still going strong. I wouldn't say it's at death's door yet, but it's not far off. Thus you're actually proving my point, because porting more games to PSP over PS2 means they're going for the cheaper systems.

I'm saying that the reason eroge ports aren't going to the PS3 much is because companies don't want to spend the extra money boosting up to BD quality when DVD, or UMD, works just fine. COMFORT doesn't want to bother with upping ef to BD quality, but it's too big for UMD, so they look to DVD, in other words the PS2 or XBox 360, instead, i.e. one of the cheaper-to-make-games-for systems.

So I'm saying the PS3 isn't getting many eroge ports because most companies don't want to spend the extra money to remake their old games into HD, not that the PS2 is still dominating.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2010-07-12 at 01:59.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 16:01   Link #78
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Did someone mention some of the cabbage staff are i this 0_0
The game is made by the same company, but the anime adaptation is being handled by a completely different team. (This is the director/writer team who did D.C.S.S., Otoboku, and Kiss x Sis, with the Character Designer who worked on the Fate/stay night anime + a bunch of Ero OVAs.)

Anyway, to the rest of the topic, this isn't a thread for the game; please direct any future conversation about the PS3 port to the appropriate thread.
Old 2010-07-12, 16:10   Link #79
Solafighter
Hige

I just see this theard now. An anime about Fortune Arterial?! Yes baby!

The drawing style is very good. Omg, cant wait.
Old 2010-07-12, 23:33   Link #80
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The game is made by the same company, but the anime adaptation is being handled by a completely different team. (This is the director/writer team who did D.C.S.S., Otoboku, and Kiss x Sis, with the Character Designer who worked on the Fate/stay night anime + a bunch of Ero OVAs.)

Anyway, to the rest of the topic, this isn't a thread for the game; please direct any future conversation about the PS3 port to the appropriate thread.
LOL thank you! I wonder if the animation will be like the image standards they have given
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, eroge, romance, school life, seinen, vampire